• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen We Built This City

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Nimbasa_City_in_the_anime.jpg

... on rock and roll!​

Nimbasa is a fairly big place, 'a bustling city of entertainment, with many theme parks', 'lit by the flash of lightning'. It's got sports centres, the Battle Institute, the Musical Theatre, the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel, and various other brightly-lit buildings. It reminds me of Las Vegas quite a bit.

Like Las Vegas, I didn't actually find it that interesting. Sure it was pretty, and there were a few things to do, but all in all not that spectacular. The Musicals got boring quickly and really didn't reward you much. The ferris wheel is only accessible once a season. Most everything else is just colourful and a bit bonkers, without really doing anything cool.

But what I want to know is, did Nimbasa live up to your expectations? Was it disappointing, enthralling, or mildly interesting? Did you enjoy the city and what it had to offer? And most importantly, what, if anything, would you change to make it better or more interesting? Would you replace musicals with contests, or possibly add them in? Would you put in some kind of arcade? How about a roller coaster? Or are you satisfied with how Nimbasa is now?

Years
  • Personally I expected the theme park area to be much larger with rollercoasters and all sorts.
    Nimbasa also seems like the town where a Game Corner type thing would suit most.
    And yes, I'd swap out Musicals for Contests any day. Or the Pokeathlon (that was really fun). Or maybe there could be all three?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yup, Nimbasa lived up to my expectations, all right. I'm glad the stadiums are there to let my higher leveled Pokemon train without the use of wild Pokemon to make up for the lack of rematches. The Battle Subway also lets me test competitive Pokemon.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I used the Stadiums a ton, but I got tired of the music in Nimbasa really fast. I agree that there should have been a Game Corner there. I would get rid of those stinking musicals. I HATE THEM!!! so boring. I beat the Musicals pretty quickly (meaning I got all the possible items).

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Personally I expected the theme park area to be much larger with rollercoasters and all sorts.
    Nimbasa also seems like the town where a Game Corner type thing would suit most.
    And yes, I'd swap out Musicals for Contests any day. Or the Pokeathlon (that was really fun). Or maybe there could be all three?

Yeah, I did expect the Theme Park area to be bigger. Also, now thinking about it, there should have been a game corner. It's one of the easiest ways to get good Pokemon.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure you can ride the ferris wheel was accessible once a day since I seem to remember riding it with that girl with the Minccino, although she kept forgetting who I was.

Nimbasa City did feel incomplete to me, maybe an aquarium or a zoo would have really done it for me. The musical wasn't fun the first time so I didn't bother with a second time.

Yeah, I did expect the Theme Park area to be bigger. Also, now thinking about it, there should have been a game corner. It's one of the easiest ways to get good Pokemon.

They took that out in D/P/Pt for the Europe release and then all English versions in Hg/Ss I guess it finally had to go in Japan is well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm pretty sure you can ride the ferris wheel was accessible once a day since I seem to remember riding it with that girl with the Minccino, although she kept forgetting who I was.

Nimbasa City did feel incomplete to me, maybe an aquarium or a zoo would have really done it for me. The musical wasn't fun the first time so I didn't bother with a second time.

An Aquarium? Hmm you know, that wouldn't have been too bad because then it could be a hint to B2W2, actually. XD; A zoo might've been a little crazy though but an Aquarium would've been a fun feature, really!

Oh well, I liked the ferris wheel at least. n_______n I think we really needed more interactive things there, tbh!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Nimbasa City was supposed to be amazing? XD;

I don't know, it was interesting and had some awesome buildings, but it didn't really pop out at me like Castelia City did. I did love the Ferris Wheel and Gym, though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The Ferris Wheel is a nice touch in the theme park area. I wish it wasn't a separate area map-wise, mind. Lowered my visits there.

Spoiler:

As for the stadiums, I wish you could see the entire stands; unfortunately fans are all only allowed to watch from the peanut gallery. Kind of silly for a huge stadium to have 85% of the stands inaccessible.

Cyclone

Years
  • Nimbasa City is my fave location in Unova but it didn't seem like it was complete to me.

The Ferris Wheel was a nice touch, especially with the Trainer rematches. Not to mention I love how the protagonist interacts with N upon the first visit.

The Stadiums were nice for training Pokemon, so that you don't have to waste time training against wild Pokemon but the Musicals didn't live up to my expectation even though the building looked nice.

Battle Subway was neat but I hardly battle there anymore.

Years
  • While there is lots of stuff within Nimbasa City, I found it mostly boring. I had no real interest in the musicals, and I think that with the two stadiums nearby, what better place to have a Pokeathlon situated than here?

I do like the roller coaster in the Gym and the Ferris Wheel, although it is a little dissappointing you can only battle the same person for a whole month.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    An Aquarium? Hmm you know, that wouldn't have been too bad because then it could be a hint to B2W2, actually. XD; A zoo might've been a little crazy though but an Aquarium would've been a fun feature, really!

Oh well, I liked the ferris wheel at least. n_______n I think we really needed more interactive things there, tbh!
    One thing that B/W left out was the loved Safari Zone, and if they had put in an aquarium it would've been a perfect exception. Plus a great way to obtain more water Pokémon, and when you've challenged and defeated the Elite Four you could come back to the building where someone informs you they've brought in tons more Pokémon from the sea - which we'd then see water Pokémon from other regions there.

While there is lots of stuff within Nimbasa City, I found it mostly boring. I had no real interest in the musicals, and I think that with the two stadiums nearby, what better place to have a Pokeathlon situated than here?

I do like the roller coaster in the Gym and the Ferris Wheel, although it is a little dissappointing you can only battle the same person for a whole month.
    You know, Nimbasa does have a lot more to do than in some cities in the game, but I agree with you - it just isn't enough! For an amusement park related city, I'd have loved to see Nimbasa more extended than it is. Perhaps an arcade, a Contest building and a Musical building! Where the stadiums are located, a Pokéathlon placed near there. Something I hated was the fact that when you get past the arch to get to the Ferris Wheel, that's the only thing you can do there. They could've done much more to Nimbasa than just what it is, and that really disappoints me a bit. u_u Otherwise, it's a nice city with a couple of activities to do, but it could've been even greater.

WolfricX

Water-Typer Master.
    Years
  • Hm..Nimbasa.

I think they should of put another usable ride in the theme park with another trainer to battle with it too. They need another pokeathlon sort of thing there too, its REALLY boring with just the musical. The stadiums are nice but it would be cool if we could actually see the live matches and/or be able to put our pokemon in the different sporting events.

-Wolfric

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How would having an aquarium be a hint to B2/W2?

Spoiler:

As for the stadiums, I wish you could see the entire stands; unfortunately fans are all only allowed to watch from the peanut gallery. Kind of silly for a huge stadium to have 85% of the stands inaccessible.

Cyclone

Well it is a Pokemon game, so you wouldn't really expect it to have lots of stands you can stand in for no reason at all, unless you got items from the NPCs that were there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I had the impression that Nimbasa was as large as Castelia and had a lot more amusement parks than it has right now.

Judging from the city's appearance, I would swap the little court and big stadium with the Pokeathlon and a contest hall.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well it is a Pokemon game, so you wouldn't really expect it to have lots of stands you can stand in for no reason at all, unless you got items from the NPCs that were there.
    Exactly. This is exactly the type of thing I mean.

Cyclone

Years
  • Where's the game corner? :C Nimbasa really needs one of those. And I really enjoyed contests.. Not to mention the Pokeathalon! (: That's what it really needs.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I go there every day (when I play) to battle at the stadiums, sometimes the ferris wheel. I dislike the music though, but the stadiums are the best places to train, so it can't be helped. I tried the Musical once, and I didn't like it, so I couldn't care less about it. And I'll probably try the Battle Subway and Institute later, when I'm not training my team.

Back