• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friend.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Have you been the kind of friend to your friends that you would want as a friend to you? Why or why not?

Ayselipera

I'm nice to all my friends and I listen to them whenever they need to vent and I don't tell their secrets, which I guess is basically important as a good friend, but I actually do very little with them and don't make or want to make much of an effort to be really involved and always there for them or anything like that. Idk I just don't want to give 100% of my time if I really just don't care. It's not worth pretending.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Yes, I try to be the best friend that I can be to the people I care about. I try and give a lot, be a good listener, and be a trusting person when it comes to private information. I do genuinely enjoy their company and should hope that they enjoy mine back.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think I'm a good friend to my friends. I'm there when they need me and I'm willing to do whatever they need me to do. I'm always available to hang out and we always laugh and have a great time together.

That's the kind of friend I'd like for myself, and I have that in them too :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I feel like some of the people in these replies are falling victim to the PC OVP facade, lol.

I try but I know I fall short a lot of a friend I would like. There are some people I put forth more effort with than others though, I'm kind of a hypocrite though because if a certain amount of the effort isn't returned by the other person I end up giving up. If I put a lot of effort towards making sure we stay in contact and you never seem to want to talk, I'm not going to force you to, but then I drop the good friend thing because there's no point if the other person doesn't feel the same way.

Subtle Blue

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Somewhat?

I do feel guilty that I tend to slip off into my own little world for periods of time. When I'm stressed the first thing to run out is my social energy, and then my underlying anxiety problem rears its head. I stick by the friends I have, though. There was one instance in middle school where I was the only one who stayed with one of my friends and accepted the consequences of it after the rest of our social circle accused her of something she didn't do, all over a silly online game.

I guess that's what I'd want, too. The security of knowing they'd stick by me even if things went bad.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'd like to think so, yes. I've always been there to help out, and I always listen. I've treated them the way I wanna be treated.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Yes, I try to be the best friend that I can be to the people I care about. I try and give a lot, be a good listener, and be a trusting person when it comes to private information. I do genuinely enjoy their company and should hope that they enjoy mine back.
    This sounds about right. That's how I try to be.

If that gets reciprocated is another question altogether though.

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    Not really. My friends get alarmed by my disappearing from time to time. I have to say, I don't make friends for friendship's sake, I just get bored. I mean no harm.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Maybe? I try really hard not to give up on friends when it matters although I think I should leave them alone to deal with their issues and I tend to get annoying so somewhat overly... not useful lol. I also talk about friends sometimes negatively to others when they piss me off but I'm sure most people do that right?! I think I'm okay for the most part though because I always care and I get pissed off because it seems like the others don't care as much and that makes me sads. :(

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i have several (not all of them, but several) friends that i truly love and am dedicated to, and i do feel that that is reciprocated.
    i have other friends, however, whose friendship i don't put as much effort into as i would like.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
  • I think so, yes. I do what I can to help whenever they're in need, and I really try hard not to disappoint them. I also give them my loyalty, love, and care... Yeah, that pretty much sums everything up.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I believe I have; I always try to help them with any problem their having the best I can, whether they ask me specifically or are just asking for advice from anyone. I also try to be kind to them and just overall be someone that's there for them whenever I can. Sometimes I feel like I didn't do a good enough job, and that my advice might've only worsened the subject at hand. Within my group of friends, there have been times where some talk crap to each other behind their backs, and others find out; I found out no one in the group hates me or has anything against me at all, which I find quite surprising, because I used to be the one no one necessarily liked too much. So, I guess I am doing a decent enough job of being the friend to them that I've always wanted to have (which I do, thankfully.)

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • My friends are the most important thing to me in the world. I don't care if it's given back or not, but I will protect and defend my friends and those I care about until the day I die. That includes giving a darn about anything they talk about no matter how trivial it may seem to everyone else. That includes me not forcing stuff down their throats because "me me me me listen to what I want you to do". I'm just generally usually a nice person in general no matter how I'm treated back.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    To be honest, in the past I was a selfish piece of crap who didn't really care for my friends at all. My best friend especially suffered, and we fought nearly every day-- huge explosive public fights. It's amazing that we made it through that period of time, but I think we both grew from the experience. She learned to not depend on me for everything in her life, and I learned that friends need caring for sometimes.

Nowadays, I like to think of myself as a much better friend. I'm always there to listen, give crummy advice, or lend a shoulder to cry on. I'm far more perceptive and easily affected as well-- I notice when my friends are upset, and when they're upset, I become upset. When they're happy, I'm happy. So I try to make sure my friends are always feeling their best any way I can!

Back