• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

False advertising! Those slime balls!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Have you ever been a victim of false advertising? Some good examples would be weight loss supplements, programs for weight loss, acne treatments, or even just buying a product from the store that looked completely different on the box than it really was. What was it that deceived you?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Ive used Acne treatments that were advertised to be really good, but just didnt work for me.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    The ones off the top of my head are all food advertisements. I'll go to like Wendy's because their salads look good on TV and then bam. They suck.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • For me it's food too, or even online purchases. I needed some purple suede fabric once.. colour and texture was completely different than the photo. I know every monitor is different but.. the picture was a dark-purple.. what I got was light and too thin.

But yep.. at least I was refunded!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I guess recently, even though I knew it probably wouldn't work out.

A 1TB was listed at $14. Awesome. They would have to honour that. However, it was a glitch and they haven't sold that drive in the last year. No stock at all. It shouldn't have been shown as available. So, I tried to buy that it no avail

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Well, it wasn't exactly advertising, but does it count if I bought something that was totally different after I brought it home?

A while ago, I was at the pet store and holding this pretty little corn snake. She was calm and just slithered through my fingers, occasionally coiling her tail around me for balance.

I adopted her the next day.
    Once she got home, she turned into a nasty little thing. She strikes, bites, and does not tolerate anyone picking her up. Her teeth once got stuck in the sleeve of my hoodie when she was trying to bite me. She hides all day and if I move the substrate to get her out, she coils up and if I come near her, she attacks.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Well, the new Colgate Optic White promised that my teeth would be in a lighter shade in just one week, but even after three solid weeks, nothing. happened.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Food advertisements </3

Aside from that, I don't really bother with advertisements for other products. I usually just ask someone who knows better than me about something I'm going to buy. I haven't been fooled by false advertisements yet.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Besides food? Those cheapo "As Seen On TV" facial hair trimmers where the blade sucked, the plastic housing holding the blade in place broke so I had to tape the blade in place, and the thing ran through batteries like water.

And then there were a few clothes/cosplay items that I bought online which were not sized as described or the colors were off.

Oh, and the internet access USB stick I'm using now promised "broadband speeds" but lately it's been achieving nowhere near broadband speeds... I can't even stream music with this thing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The one weight loss treatment I tried worked, but I've definitely been on the wrong end of some dodgy acne treatment advertising. Unfortunately acne is pretty much one of those things you just have to wait out but the ads don't want you to believe that :P

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • For me certain mascaras that look perfect on television such as Colossal by Mabelline NY and other names of mascara's by them will look like any other mascara that I have put on. Also, when it comes to acne medicines such as Neutrogena will say it clears your skin in 12 hours when we all know that this is not true. Lucky for me I never had to worry about the weight loss methods that are on television like other people because I am already slim

:t354:TG

Back