• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokerus

Sleek

Eon Trainer
Years
  • i have pokerus listed in my vocab which means i have gotten it, but how can u check if a pokemon has it???

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
    Years
  • It is very good if you have it because it doubles your ES points to level up and it is contagios so all your pokemon can catch it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • When a pokemon get pokerus it doubles the pokemon's EXP. Points, so if you battled a pokemon that gives 100 EXP. Points when pokerus you get 200 points pokerus. Its very rare to get and when your pokemon gets it it will never have pokerus again, you can tell what pokemon has had it by looking next to the pokemon's level it will have a little dot beside it. So if you pokemon has pokerus then battle as much as you can (it will go away in a day or two).

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Arcanine said:
    When a pokemon get pokerus it doubles the pokemon's EXP. Points, so if you battled a pokemon that gives 100 EXP. Points when pokerus you get 200 points pokerus. Its very rare to get and when your pokemon gets it it will never have pokerus again, you can tell what pokemon has had it by looking next to the pokemon's level it will have a little dot beside it. So if you pokemon has pokerus then battle as much as you can (it will go away in a day or two).
    No, no that's wrong. It doubles the effort values. Check the sticked guide on advanced battling to learn more.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Pokerus is not something you can just attain easily.If you fight wild pokemon, and get very lucky, you will get pokerus.No real way to obtain it.You can know if you go to a pokecenter you heal your pokemon, I believe the nurse will tell you.

Hope I helped

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • Thank you for all your help. I think you guys should check your vocabulary in the game for the letter pkRS. I believe if you have that, you have gotten the pokerus.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Nope, you can catch pokerus anywhere, it is just simply a matter of pure luck, like encountering an alternate color pokemon

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    When you beat a foe with Pokerus you get the message "a boosted ???? exp. points" not "a boosted ???? effort value"; both of which you don't get without Pokerus.

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • Wow, you are very lucky indeed! There is like a one in a million chance that you can receive the Pokerus, and to think that it is a good thing! It's almost as great as finding a shiny Pokemon. Good for you! :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2004
    Pokerus

Please tell me that in ur vocab "pkmnRS" does not mean pokerus. I have that and if it does mean pokerus then it stinks cuz i never knew any of my pokemon had it.

P.S. How do i get the word "contest" in my vocab?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • I've had Pokerus in Ruby for about half a year now, but my Pokemon with Pokerus didn't improve much, except for a few rare times when a few stats went up +5 when leveling up, and once when my Rayquaza with Pokerus leveled up, all it's stats went up around +13. o_O

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    Shadowbreaker I think you have to enter/win a contest to get it in your vocab but matbe if you just have the Contest Pass it will be there.

And Latios Master yeah you can get pretty high stat raises even whith out pokerus like when I had a lv. 97 Rayquaza I was training it's speed against lv. 2 Zigzagoons. I can't remember the number but I remember I was going WTF?!
    HORN!

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
  • i have gotten up to the super contest when i stopped, still the word contest did not appear. i want that berry for making milotics. made my first last nite, used alot of kelpsy.

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
  • I got Poke'rus by getting the Power Plant key from Gym Leader Wattson and entering the Mauville City Power Plant and battling and capturing a Magnemite that had it,then when I captured it,it made all of my poke'mon in my party sick.

EDIT: Vito Winstrate said to post my valuable tip in this thread, so here it is again:

Since Poke'rus is so valuable,here's something to interest all of you Ru/Sa addicts!
    This is something that works,and it is very interesting to try!

How to get all of your poke'mon to get poke'rus:

Once you are fortunate enough to get Poke'rus, do this:

2.Once all of your poke'mon that had poke'rus are cured, take the poke'mon in the box along with 5 other new poke'mon,and put them together.

3.Once those 5 other poke'mon have had poke'rus, deposit that first sick poke'mon you had back in the box it was in before.

4.Then....PRESTO!;)
    You are done! If you want, you can repeat this forever, and have stronger poke'mon!

Last edited:

Lady Umbreon

Teh Sophomore of DOOM!
    Years
  • I got mine when I was lurking around in Meteor Falls training my Chinchou. Since it got it its HP has been going up +3 every level, so it's around lv. 32 and has 111 HP!! (At least I think that's a lot...)

+13!? Yeah, that's what I would be saying too! 0_o;

Back