• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Right! So your name is NYMUE!

Nymue

Draconic Neophyte
Years
  • Hi guys. I'm a slightly atypical Pokédork. I've only played through a few of the generations, and apart from playing the card game and absorbing myself in the amazing fanart people have come up with, most of my knowledge of Pokémon comes from obsessing exploring of Bulbapedia. My favourite thing about the franchise is how it opens up people's imaginations, and I love seeing really intricate original roleplays or beyond-authentic-looking Fakemon.

So I guess I'm here to immerse myself in the community a bit better while I play through the games that're still new to me, and maybe even do some roleplaying or work on fanfic. I've been mapping out my own original region, and I'd love to open it up to RPers. I can't resist building on the world of Pokémon with alternate settings and original characters.

I'm also working on my drawing skills. I've been watching OC tournaments on DA and promised myself I'd get good enough at some point to enter one without being embarrassed.

My favourite Pokémon are Dragonite (though I prefer the Japanese names, so I think of it as Kairyu) and its line, and Absol and Mew. That's the top tier, then there's like 30 that are my next favourites.

Outside of that, I'm a university student aiming to be a teacher, and I love philosophy, animation and alcoholic milkshakes.

I took my name from one of the names for the Lady of the Lake from Arthurian legend. I'm not that big on Arthurian legend, but I love fantasy in general, the more original the better, and that canon was an important part of the historical development of literary fantasy as we know it. :)Plus, it's very cute. It's pronounced NIM-way.

Nice to meet you!

KawaiiFutureFriend

Friend of the People
    Years
  • Hello there. I'm new as well so I'm probably not the most qualified person to give you an introduction, but damn it I'm going to try. So, hi, I'm KawaiiFutureFriend, this is PokéCommunity. Considering I've made multiple friends and this is pretty much my first day here, I think you'll find it rather easy to find a spot in the crowd. Hell, if you want to, I can be one of those friends. You can message me on my profile if you want. You could also talk to the admins and mods too, I've heard they're helpful in 10/10 cases.

Years
  • Welcome to the amazing but ever-so-huge forum that is PokeCommunity, Nymue! :) Your username rolls of the tongue really well; I love it.

I really do agree with you about Pokemon opening up people's imaginations. I've written stories, tried my hardest to draw unique made-up Pokemon, and overall just dabbled in so many creative aspects when it comes to this franchise. The Pokemon roleplays are wonderful as well; people here really do try hard in regards to that in our roleplaying board. I peek at it sometimes and am always impressed with the amount of time and effort members pour into their roleplay posts and all the ideas they come up with. Certainly much better than what this feeble and uncreative little mind can do, baha.

If you're working towards improving your art, check out our Art & Design board! You can make a thread with your work if you have at least four examples to show and they're very good at giving feedback there. I certainly would recommend it. <3

Enjoy your stay around the community and thanks for joining! Let me know if you need anything, all right?

Years
  • Hey there Nymue! Welcome!

Nice to see more Australians here, because I've been seeing quite a few of new ones joining lately. And I sense you're a person of creativity? PC is full of some great places where you can show off your creative side, Cirno has probably shown you some of those sections already so I'm sure they'll keep you busy. And nice Dratini avatar btw, I love cute Pokemon as well!

But yeah since I have not much to say, I'll just say have an awesome time at PC and if you need help don't hesitate to approach Cirno or another staff member. Have an awesome time and if you ever need a friend, leave me a visitor message!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • ...and absorbing myself in the amazing fanart people have come up with, most of my knowledge of Pokémon comes from obsessing exploring of Bulbapedia. My favourite thing about the franchise is how it opens up people's imaginations, and I love seeing really intricate original roleplays or beyond-authentic-looking Fakemon.

Yes, yes, yes! There's nothing like noticing a couple hours wasted spent on Bulbapedia or fanart eh?

My favourite Pokémon are Dragonite (though I prefer the Japanese names, so I think of it as Kairyu) and its line, and Absol and Mew. That's the top tier, then there's like 30 that are my next favourites.

Ayo top tierrrr! I kick it with my fire types, namely Charizard, Arcanine, Blaziken and Houndoom. Do you have a favourite type?

... and alcoholic milkshakes.

Tell me about those XD I'm always down for interesting drinks.

I like your style. Hope to see you around ^^

Nymue

Draconic Neophyte
    Years
  • Thank you for the lovely welcomes!

Do you have a favourite type?
    Dragon, definitely. I love that they're so powerful but also pretty scarce and mysterious, and I love the ones that're really iconically draconic in design. :3 Then I love Normal type, just 'cuz it's fun and versatile, and I think there's way more to mons than their raw power.

Tell me about those XD I'm always down for interesting drinks.
    Basically, you get shake up some good gelato or good icecream (I like chocolate/strawberry, or else "rainbow") in milk with your favourite chocolate or strawberry powder and add just a dash of cinnamon along with a little sugar, as well as a shot of Baileys and half a shot each of Kahlua and Frangelico (or scale down the quantity, if you like it lighter). Alternately, you can also use a dab of vanilla essence as a sweetener because ohmygod everything should taste like pancakes. ♥

I've been perfecting my milkshake recipe for quite a while, but a bartender roommate suggested that mix of liquor to make it more interesting and OH MY GOD heaven.

If you can't tell, I like sweet things.

Back