• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time to introduce myself!

Years
  • Greetings! I've been registered for around a year I think. I only recently began actually posting though, so hi! You can call me Mowse, and I'm 26! It's a bit relieving to see some older individuals here... I was worried I would be old...

I'm here because I enjoy Pokemon! I guess you consider me "casually competitive". I know a lot of the mechanics well enough to play the game well, but I don't like battles when they get too serious (seriously fun is good though). Romhacking also interests me, so I may frequent (or lurk) that forum frequently.

My best achievements in the Pokemon world include obtaining a living Dex in the original Blue version when I was younger, and just recently re-accomplishing the feat [Edit: In Gen 6] about a month ago. Since I ran out of things to do once I got that out of the way, I decided to collect all of the Battle Maison trophies. Some would call it dedication... others might just call it obsessive! I'm really getting into being a completionist about Pokemon, and have been longing to go back to Gold/Silver to finish up that Dex as well (sadly, my save battery died for those games, so I'll need to start anew there...).

When I'm not playing Pokemon, I enjoy other RPGs, platformers, and even a few first person shooters (I'm especially fond of TF2!). I occasionally stream games that I play over Twitch, but it's mostly just to practice talking to a small audience. Not too many people watch me and I'm totally ok with that. :x

Just about all of my hobbies include computers in one way or another... even my job! I'm a software engineer that codes mostly in Perl. Feel free to ask me if you would like any programming advice/questions. I might be able to help, as I am told I'm also a good tutor.

Pardon me if my introduction is a bit long winded... ^^; I wanted to include a lot about me in hopes of finding friends I can relate to on my list of interests. Everyone here seems so soft,friendly, and fuzzy! It makes me feel welcome.

Years
  • From what I noticed you joined around 2 years ago, but it's still never too late to make an official introduction! Glad to have you by the way, Mowse.

I'm not really a serious battler right but we have the Battling & Team Building section for all things competitive, from discussions about the metagame to team help threads, and also our Showdown server where you can battle and chat with fellow PC members. Aside from that, there's lots of other sections on the forums to check out.

I hope you can have a great time sticking around and if you want to talk I'm always open for a visitor message whenever you are interested, but for now I'll see you around the forums!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hey you, I hope that everything has been cool for you so far! And no worries; we're always happy to help you if you have any questions or anything; you can come chat with me anytime! And heya, welcome to the forums!~ ♥

I hope you enjoy yourself here! No worries about being winded; we love to get to know you! I was super shy when I first came here myself, and I'm sure you'll open up a bit to the wonderful community after a bit. c: If you ever need help with breeding or the forums in general, feel free to drop me a PM! I'm always open to casual conversation too of course. ♥ Have a great time!

ps. Maybe we can see you on the Video games board sometime!

Years
  • A living 'dex sounds like such an insane amount of work. I'd love to do that sometime since it's a lot easier now with the GTS/the many Pokemon catchable in the sixth generation but at the same time I'd like to rest after finishing the national dex. Whew! Welcome to PC, Mowse. [:

Yeah pff you're not old at all, PC has a lot of older Pokemon fans, I've noticed. I turn 24 next month and am still as into Pokemon as I was when I was 8. <3 You've a pretty wide range of interests so I hope you'll stick around! If you'd like to chat you're welcome to message me, all right?

Years
  • Good to know that you play a bit of competitive, serious battles are the best for me haha. But tastes are tastes and I respect that a lot.
    I'd probably be more into it if I had more time on my hands. I pretty much only play with Pokemon I breed myself because generating them feels wrong even though pretty much every top competitive battler does it. :(

My breeding pattern goes kinda like this:
    1. Breed a few Pokemon that are staples to many teams, then build a team around that.
    2. Repeat step 1, because Smogon banned the strong Pokemon that I was about to build a team around

:P I'm mostly kidding, but more realistically, I just don't have the time to keep up with the Metagame. That's why I go for goals set by the game itself to benchmark myself against. I just beat Nita of the Battle Chatelaines in a Super Singles match in ORAS tonight, so I was pretty excited about that!

From what I noticed you joined around 2 years ago, but it's still never too late to make an official introduction!
    Woah it's been two years? I remember joining for Friend Safari codes and I thought X and Y came out roughly a year ago... maybe closer to 2 now.

You mentioned you're not a serious battler... I actually have a box full of "Story Raised" Pokemon if you ever want a very casual battle sometime. :) I specifically hang on to Pokemon I go through a story mode with so that I can play an even game with someone who casually plays the game (without EV training or anything).

c: If you ever need help with breeding or the forums in general, feel free to drop me a PM! I'm always open to casual conversation too of course. ♥ Have a great time!

ps. Maybe we can see you on the Video games board sometime!
    Yes. Yes. Very yes! :D I'd LOVE to have some help breeding. As I explained above I don't have a lot of time to manage it, so if you have any breeding leftovers of varied Pokemon, I'd be glad to take them off your hands. It would expedite my ability to get varied teams.

ps. I'd love to come visit you at the Video Games board! We can get tea and coffee while we're out. :3

A living 'dex sounds like such an insane amount of work. I'd love to do that sometime since it's a lot easier now with the GTS/the many Pokemon catchable in the sixth generation but at the same time I'd like to rest after finishing the national dex.
    The best biggest motivating factor for me in Generation 6 to do this was for Pokemon Bank. Now, whenever the new generation comes out, I can just migrate everything over and easily grab new Pokemon! It's totally worth the time investment now that migrating will probably be much easier.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I feel all sorts of positive things visiting here. :3

Back