• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Nostalgic songs

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • What songs make you super nostalgic? Listening to Petey Pablo's Raise Up reminds me of old times when my friend and I would take turns showing each other music videos on Yahoo haha. Which I know sounds super lame, but that's how we got our music back then. My friend was more into rap and I was into rock back then. So I remember him showing me this Petey Pablo song and I always thought how weird it was??? Cause the song is like NORTH CAROLINAAAA COME ON AND RAISE UP TAKE YA SHIRT OF TWIST IT ROUND YA HEAD SPIN IT LIKE A HELICOPTER but it stuck with me. And like now I ask people if they remember this song but they don't and I'm like Y'ALL MISSING OUT DAMN.

I'm also super nostalgic for Kings of Leon's Come Around Sundown album. It reminds me of my freshman year of college so much. I miss those days, especially now that I'm out of school. I kinda still can't believe it. So what songs (or albums) make you nostalgic?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Umbrella by Rihanna is iconic in my memories for its association to elementary school.

A lot of TV opening tracks from childhood invoke a lot of nostalgia.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey Ya! by OutKast is probably the song that screams '2003 was a time period that existed' most for me. It doesn't hold any particular meaning to me aside from being a Confirmed Banger, it's just one of those songs that is so emblematic of the early '00s that I can't help but think about that time. Whenever it comes on the radio, which is actually incredibly often, I just enter 2003 for the duration of the song. It goes off.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Listening to "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas reminds me of my times playing Unreal Tournament 2004 for endless hours, cranking that song up before I started every time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • squints @ we didn't start the fire............

In 11th grade, we had to do a project where everyone was assigned a year from where the song ends and we had to write a verse for it. And I had 2009, which was the year at the time. And like nothing had freakin' happened yet bc it was fuckin' April and I said something to my teacher about it and she's all WE'RE HALFWAY THROUGH THE YEAR and I was just like in what universe is April halfway through lmfao??? So I ended up writing something like "Lindsay is a lesbian, Thomas Beatie's pregnant again" idr the rest of what I wrote but my teacher said my verse was the best she had seen and I was just thinking lol your students must really not know how to write cause this is SHIT.

Years
  • Loads of TV opening tracks get me all nostalgic but my most nostalgic actual song is "Country Roads" because of Whisper of the Heart. This channel called Film4 in the UK does a Studio Ghibli season every year and whenever I hear this song it reminds me of my childhood and watching Spirited Away, WOTH, Princess Mononoke etc for hours on end.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Say You Don't Want It by One Night Only used to be one of my favourite songs from a dark time in my life where I had no friends in real life and only on the internet. Owl City's Fireflies and You Used to Hold Me by Calvin Harris are great and from that time for me too.

Back