• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Peter Capaldi To Leave Doctor Who After Christmas Episode

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38805151

Capaldi shocked fans by making the announcement during a BBC Radio 2 show with presenter Jo Whiley.
    He said he will leave Doctor Who at the end of the year. "I feel it's time to move on," he said.
    The 58-year-old Glasgow-born star became the 12th actor to play the Doctor in 2013.
    While speaking about the forthcoming 10th series, he said it would be his last.
    "I feel sad, I love Doctor Who, it is a fantastic programme to work on," he said. "It can't praise the people I work with more highly, but I have always been someone that did a lot of different things."
    He said he was asked to stay on after his contract ran out, but he wanted to move on to other challenges.
    The new series airs in spring and Capaldi said his final episode will be shown at Christmas.

:(

Time to place bets for who will be Doctor 13 though!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    oh my GOOOOD
    I mean, I saw it coming. No doctors stayed more than 3 seasons in the modern show.

Pls make him the next:

tumblr_og505dUomI1tsgq4co1_400.gif

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    oh my GOOOOD
    I mean, I saw it coming. No doctors stayed more than 3 seasons in the modern show.

Pls make him the next:

tumblr_og505dUomI1tsgq4co1_400.gif

Dirk's basically the doctor already, though. I'd rather have they'd pick someone bold and different. I'd love it if they cast David Cameron.

Years
  • Really sad about this, I feel like Capaldi was let down by some of the scripts and poor episodes. Heaven Sent was the highlight of his time on Doctor Who, that was the best episode I've seen in a long time.

Years
  • Capaldi was a really good doctor but similar to matt smith rarely got writing that matched him. I'll miss him though!

Also I'm usually against a female Doctor but if they do they absolutely have to go with Hayley Atwell.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • oh finally. ;-; no offense, he just..wasn't a good doctor to me in my opinion of the few episodes i saw of his. i hope they have a female doctor this time. /please/ bbc. please do it. make a female doctor

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I didn't enjoy s8 either, for many reasons. Capaldi wasn't quite The Doctor yet, and the whole debacle with the focus on Clara and her boyfriend was bothersome. Plus, I just feel like the writing has gone down and down and down. The moon is an egg, they went to the end of the universe, AGAIN, somebody new is immortal, the world was covered in forest and then it burned away and everybody forgot etc etc.

I miss the writing from the Eccleston/Tennant era. As whimsical as it was at times, it held together. s5 and s6 had plots that made you start to cringe a bit, and even though I thoroughly enjoyed the (somewhat plot-hole-y) second half of s7, the writing is frankly blergh and tries too hard to be serious in a very silly setting these days.

The Doctor and Rose were always silly, even when they were serious. Even Amy was silly. Capaldi was great in many ways, but he removed the last bit of non-serious charm from the show somehow.

It will be really interesting to see how the new companion plays against him in s10! Maybe she'll be silly and the show will stop taking itself too seriously again at last. We can hope.

ilookgorgeous

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2020
    I've seen Doctor Who. A guy in an ambulance told me about it. Why is Peter Capaldi leaving?

Back