• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

am I the only one who noticed this...?

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    ok,

Clearly there its got the yellow for the area where it can use string shot, but later on in the games and future episodes its green, does anyone know why? it seems rather stupid to me, clearly its yellow there, but now as you see for example in the game
    so why the sudden change, this also occured in the anime, does anyone know why it changed? or was it supposed to be green in the first place?

Digiko

The l33t lurker!!!
    Years
  • I never noticed that or even thought about that before. o.o; Good eye, there. Well..I certaintly don't know anything about it except all I can say is that's sort of weird. O.o

Years
  • Did you notice that Pikachu's design changed too?

I think they just had a design change, that's all. They must have liked the green better than the yellow. ^^;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I wouldn't call it a sudden change--if you'd notice, that appears to be a scene from the third episode of pokemon, which far over the better half of a decade old at this point in time. Things were sketchy back then--minor design changes, stylistic tweaks, many things were uncertain on the anime, most of all its success. I think the color accuracy of a pokemon was the least of their worries. Also consider that they had very limited Sugimori art and monochromatic Red and Green sprites to base all of their pokemon animation design on--like I said, it was a tentative era in the franchise, much more so the anime. Consider, if you will, Toshihiro Ono's oldest of pokemon manga, and compare his drawings of pokemon like, say, Haunter or Fearow to the standard images you see today. Ideas on pokemon were more freeform back then.

But if it was a sudden change, as you put it, I doubt it was discussed in a boardroom at Nintendo HQ over many hours and strained friendships and boxes of stale donuts to get Caterpie to have a green string-shot-spewy-thing. It probably happened all at once, a spriter who either inadvertantly did it or felt it would be a nice minor change for some anatomical or personal reason. If you look, it's barely any different than the Sugimori standards that they're likely encouraged to go by when upgrading the look of pokemon on the handheld games. It's very minor in the scope of things. But, I digress--I really have no idea why I went on like this in the first place. My knowledge of pokemon is diminished almost to nothing, but I suppose it comes with being a different generation of fan. I have a more beginning-to-present viewpoint.

?-Latiasu-?

++++++
    Years
  • Ya know..I never really have noticed that..! Its kinda wierd tho..Must be an error they did with the game or something..The good thing is that no matter what color it is..it still throws string shots x_x

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    hmm... accourding to volume 6's manga cover

the mouth is supposed to be green, mabey there was just a mistake in the anime that was overlooked then they realized that they should just go with green.

Then again personally I like the yellow mouthed one better, It just suits it more in my opinion

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2005
    Prolly just another **** up.
    I watched some old turtle episodes and noticed that at certain scenes they would switch bandanas or something. I mean all of a sudden Mickey would be wearind red and Ralph orange or sometimes two turtles would have the same colour bandana.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • Wow...I've never noticed that before. XD It could be a simple mistake, or maybe in the first Pokemon games Caterpie's little mouth was green...but then for the anime they just switched it. XD I'm really not sure, it's pretty odd though. o.O

~Kelsey

Years
  • Shujin's right, tch, tha guys at Nntendo obviously screwed up. <_< Oh, tch, an' btw I bow ta you for noticing that. *happy sigh* So there are still pkmn geeks out there... ^_____________^

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • artist forgot what he was drawing :P i know that i've seen lots of miss drawings, miss speaking(faulty lines), and such. it's probably just a mistake.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • I never notice that. But it just the way it is done. I guess it much easiyer for the animators and spiters to make it green the yellow. I means as small as caterpie is it is hard to color a small area from afar. Then as spirter, When you got bigger pokemon to make it just easy to pass up a small pokemon like caterpie.

Then when I look at my pokemon poster on my wall. It has caterpie's month green. So may be they just wanted to see was yellow caterpie month. It isn't the first time the animators messed up on color. Professor Oak's eyebrows?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I really don't think something this minor deserves its on conspiracy theorists but it is pretty neat you noticed (and I love looking back on old episodes).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2005
    error

every show has to have its errors :P im sure theres other mistakes in the show too.

Back