• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Expressing emotions

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
Years
So do you think that you have difficulties expressing emotions, if so what emotions usually? Is it sadness, anger, love emotions etc? I, myself usually am not so good of letting ppl know what's boiling inside of my head. I bottle up almost every emotion I have up to jelousy, anger, sadness and even the good emotions like love. Well it's logical to understand why a person would hide emotions such as anger or jelaousy from others; it's in order to protect those who are important to him/her. Though it usually brings nothing but trouble, it's better if you let know the ppl you love if something bothers in order to fix what is wrong. Of course that's not always possible.. but still. If you let someone know what's wrong with you then just maybe you'll have a chance to correct what is wrong..

I also mentioned that ppl also hide the 'good' emotions, like love. Well that usually occurs coz ppl are afraid to get rejected and ppl also tend to be afraid that they might sound stupid if they showed how they feel towards a certain person. I, myself go into the second category. I could also say that ppl, including myself again, should try not to be so shy and let ppl know how they feel for them freely, I mean it's pointless just to have hidden desires all the time when we all have a chance to make them true, right? So what do you think about this?

NOTE: When I say 'ppl' I mean those who have difficulties to show their feelings not all ppl in general. And when I reffer to the fact that we should change, I mean that as a friendly advice, I'm not pushing anybody.

Years
Im the same, i keep them to myself unless i really eant people to know. Apart from anger though, i always let that out.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I'm the complete opposite. I pout for a while, and once a person asks me what's wrong, I rant for 10 minutes on what's wrong without taking a breath of fresh air. I do it so much, I've gotten good at it ._.

Do yeah I'm like one of those poppers at new years. I explode in your face if you distract me from pouting XO

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
Years
  • Age 33
  • Moon
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
I normally just bottle up my feelings when I'm around people, showing them only my happiness. I do it so good that most people don't know when I'm sad. I usually only show love towards someone if I receive it first, otherwise I stay quiet.

Years
  • Age 32
  • MA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
Dude, I suck at expressing how I feel...Uh, I think I might be unipolar (Yes, it excists!), and I constantly have the same pissed off expression on my face as I normally would, even when I'm in a great mood xD

I get depressed, but I hardly show it; I'm not one of those people who tries to bring others down by speading my miserable attitude onto them =/

Plus, even when something terrible happens, I'm always the first to try and make light of the situation, which isn't always such a good thing...

Like...The time I went to one of my uncle's relatives funerals, and wouldn't stop laughing at every random thought that popped into my head, and people looked at me like I was insane xD

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I usually do a good job of hiding my feelings if I'm mad. Because I generally don't like to talk about things right away. However if someone is making me mad and doesn't stop it, I let them know I'm mad. Because aftera while I can't take it :[

Sadness though, I don't hide well at all. Everyone knows if I'm sad, no matter how hard I try to hide it. I really don't like talking about my feelings too much so I try not express them.

Years
i am very expressive, the only problem is it tend to freak some people out so i have to tone it down alot. most noticeable is when i am angry i hiss at people or annoyed at this one person who standing beside me i snapped my teeth at him but i think he was too distracted with some girl across the room to notice anything else

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
i can show anger sadness joy and all of em really well.. i dont like talking about my feelings cuz i feel like a idiot if they dont understand... so i dont talk about it

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
Years
I don't show any emotions (except for happiness, and the usual everyday stuff) if I don't want to talk about it.

Now, if I like someone, it's extremely obvious, it's pathetic. XD But I've actually learned to hide it. Now no one can figure out anything.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I mostly just act happy most of the time.. If some friends really know me, then they can tell if I'm mad/sad but that's a total of maybe four people.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Some people canv tell when i'm sad or something. But only the friends that know me quite well. Even then i don't like to tell them what it is I just want to be left on my own to get on with it.

Emotions like anger I can hide to everyone.

Cross

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2008
I keep my emotions to myself.
If I get too sad, I'll slit my wrists and call the emo bus. If I get too happy, I just stand there.

I'm mostly calm and collected.

Mint Mojito

Nouveau.
Years
Meh, I'm really bad at expressing anger.

Probably none of my friends have ever seen me angry, maybe a bit aggravated, and a bit hurtful-ish, but never actually angry, though no one really expresses anger, but I just do it all in my head.

Drifblim

Banned
Years
I think a lot of people here can attest to what happens when I get frustrated or angry over the Internet. It usually takes weeks, even months, to neutralise, counting how long people take to get over it.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I have two sides one when I'm around others and the other side is when I'm alone
When I'm with others I don't speak at all my teachers all try to make me speak even though I wont I just dont want to me picked on if I say something incorrect

When I'm alone I let me emotions burst out screaming and hitting my head on the wall (Litteraly)

Seremiya

Love Serenity
Years
I think I get my emotions across pretty clearly most of the times. When I get really angry and or incredibly frustrated, I've been known to bite a few heads off. And if there's no one else to take my anger out on, I take a few jabs at the nearest plushies available. I know it's probably not best way to handle things but I can't control myself when I go over the top. Apart from that, yep, I'm well behaved. ^-^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 2, 2021
I can never seem to sincerely say thank you, which makes a lot of problems at Christmas =/

Shinji_

Paul addicted
Years
I kinda dont like showing LOVE expression and also jealousy but I ALWAYS show my angry emotions just so the person gets the message to leave me alone before the dragon in me roars:P

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
We all express emotions, one way or another. There are just some people who are better at noticing than others.

As for me, the emotion I have difficulty expressing is affection. When I like you, I will hurt you. o.o

Back