• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most destructive move in all of pokemon history?

Years
  • Hey guys,

So I'm a type of person who likes high damaging and destructive moves. I also like powers that can collapse into nothingness. Basically I love powers and abilities that can do infinite damage if used correctly (like Krieg bloodsploison from the borderlands series) . Was wondering if there is any move in pokemon that can do infinite damage? The closest I can think of are Ohko moves buy they don't do damage right?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Water Spout and Eruption does more damage if the User's HP is High/Full.Imagine Blissey and Audino using that move.

Well they do deal more damage based on the amount of the user's HP left, but they both max out at 150 power.

If you want to talk moves that are strongest in base power alone you've got Explosion and Self-Destruct, with powers of 250 and 200 respectively. They can be boosted even higher with items like a Normal Gem, Silk Scarf or even a Life Orb.

A move with real potential to do lots of damage is V-create. It has a base damage of 180, the highest in the game other than Explosion/Self-Destruct. With the right stats boosted it could be downright scary.

I wouldn't really say there's a move that deals infinite power, though. The only ones that could be considered infinite would be the OHKO moves, like you said, because they'll faint regardless of health, though type immunities, abilities, and items play a part too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    The only ones that could be considered infinite would be the OHKO moves, like you said, because they'll faint regardless of health, though type immunities, abilities, and items play a part too.

Very true but I vote for sheer cold. My reason is even because those with sturdy can withstand it no one is actually immune to ice. This move makes me think of a move so cold it freezes the pokemon to it's very core. In a realistic scenario this move would freeze your blood killing you (or preserving you I suppose) instantly. Kinda terrifying when you think about it.

Years
  • Well they do deal more damage based on the amount of the user's HP left, but they both max out at 150 power.

If you want to talk moves that are strongest in base power alone you've got Eruption and Self-Destruct, with powers of 250 and 200 respectively. They can be boosted even higher with items like a Normal Gem, Silk Scarf or even a Life Orb.

A move with real potential to do lots of damage is V-create. It has a base damage of 180, the highest in the game other than Explosion/Self-Destruct. With the right stats boosted it could be downright scary.

I wouldn't really say there's a move that deals infinite power, though. The only ones that could be considered infinite would be the OHKO moves, like you said, because they'll faint regardless of health, though type immunities, abilities, and items play a part too.

Very true but I vote for sheer cold. My reason is even because those with sturdy can withstand it no one is actually immune to ice. This move makes me think of a move so cold it freezes the pokemon to it's very core. In a realistic scenario this move would freeze your blood killing you (or preserving you I suppose) instantly. Kinda terrifying when you think about it.

Yeah thanks for the answers guys. I don't know I just love things that have no limits from theories in science/engineering to my video games. I loved bloodsplosion from borderlands because if you set it up right it can do undefined damage. I was just trying to see if there is any move in pokemon that is similar. I remember that back in gen 2 OHKO move did infinite damage since when you succesfully countered on it did infinite damage. I am a bit hesitant on OHKO moves because well to use them "skillfully" one would need no gaurd. I have no problem with its balance with the 30% accuracy, I just find sturdy annoying, even if they don't have full hp ohko moves won't hit.

Are there any Pokemon plus move combo that can be devastating? I am thinking mega ray with v-create from gen 6. Also I love my sheer cold to, from a theory point of view absolute zero (in terms of matter and energy) would theoretically cause reality to collapse into nothingness O.o which is pretty scary and awesome at the same time, just that there is no way I could use it "skillfully" and the animations kind of feel a bit "weak"

Anyway thanks for the replies guys =D

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • In this thread, a user actually found a perfect storm of circumstances that would cause super effective damage to calculate to x32. Essentially it works off the fact that Flying Press has two types, and Trick-or-Treat causing a Pokemon to potentially have 3 types at once.

On an inverse battle, send out a Smeargle with Skill Swap, Trick-or-Treat and Flying Press against an opponent's Normalize Delcatty, and Skill Swap to get Normalize. Then your opponent should switch to Aggron, which you use Trick-or-Treat on, and then throw it down with the most powerful Flying Press you've ever seen.

Due to Normalize, Flying Press becomes Normal/Flying while Aggron is Steel/Rock/Ghost thanks to Trick-or-Treat. Normal is SE against all three types in inverse battles, and Flying against Rock and Steel, so 2^5=32x damage.

I'm thinking that on top of what this user found, you could do even further damage if the Smeargle in question had Swords Dance and boosted to +6, and instead of an Aggron, the opponent were an Aron (without Sturdy, of course) with the bare minimum amount of Defense IVs. I'm curious to find out what the exact damage would be in that situation, but I think it suffices to say that such a Flying Press would be the equivalent of taking an atom bomb to the face.

Years
  • In this thread, a user actually found a perfect storm of circumstances that would cause super effective damage to calculate to x32. Essentially it works off the fact that Flying Press has two types, and Trick-or-Treat causing a Pokemon to potentially have 3 types at once.

I'm thinking that on top of what this user found, you could do even further damage if the Smeargle in question had Swords Dance and boosted to +6, and instead of an Aggron, the opponent were an Aron (without Sturdy, of course) with the bare minimum amount of Defense IVs. I'm curious to find out what the exact damage would be in that situation, but I think it suffices to say that such a Flying Press would be the equivalent of taking an atom bomb to the face.

Interesting, but that is for a very special case hmmm :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    OHKO moves will always be one of the most powerful, I would say, because so long as our opponents are affected by them, they're guaranteed to faint.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Anything one-turn kills are powerful, but they have awful drawback because it's just rolling a dice and see if it's hits the opponent also Sturdy prevent such move being used like sheer cold.

Keep in mind, Water Sprout and Eruption favor on HP, so the more HP, the more raw power. If you have less HP this moves down the drain instantly.

Years
  • OHKO moves will always be one of the most powerful, I would say, because so long as our opponents are affected by them, they're guaranteed to faint.

Anything one-turn kills are powerful, but they have awful drawback because it's just rolling a dice and see if it's hits the opponent also Sturdy prevent such move being used like sheer cold.

Keep in mind, Water Sprout and Eruption favor on HP, so the more HP, the more raw power. If you have less HP this moves down the drain instantly.

Yeah which is kind of a bummer, maybe there is some technique to make it useful. Also about attacks that look at your pokemons hp, they are only strong at full hp correct? So whatever Base damage they have listed is what you would inflict when your at full hp. It could be useful for my play style.

Also I love my sheer cold to, from a theory point of view absolute zero (in terms of matter and energy) would theoretically cause reality to collapse into nothingness O.o which is pretty scary and awesome at the same time, just that there is no way I could use it "skillfully" and the animations kind of feel a bit "weak".

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I think it's well known that Rollout is the most damaging move out there.

To get max damage:
    Lv100 Max Boosted Defense Power Trick Shuckle
    Target is Lv1 Ledyba with 6 Defense downs.
    5th Hit Defense Curl Rollout
    Shuckle has been Skill Swapped Pure/Huge Power
    Shuckle has been Tricked a CB.
    Shuckle has been Baton Passed 6 Attack ups.
    Sunny Day is active and Shuckle's ally has Flower Gift.
    Shuckle's ally uses Helping Hand
    Critical Hit.
    Max roll.

Something in the vicinity of 160,422,012 damage. SO NEAR ENOUGH TO INFINITE.

Years
  • Mind reader sheer cold.

Well there is that haha. No doubt.

I think it's well known that Rollout is the most damaging move out there.

To get max damage:
    Lv100 Max Boosted Defense Power Trick Shuckle
    Target is Lv1 Ledyba with 6 Defense downs.
    5th Hit Defense Curl Rollout
    Shuckle has been Skill Swapped Pure/Huge Power
    Shuckle has been Tricked a CB.
    Shuckle has been Baton Passed 6 Attack ups.
    Sunny Day is active and Shuckle's ally has Flower Gift.
    Shuckle's ally uses Helping Hand
    Critical Hit.
    Max roll.

Something in the vicinity of 160,422,012 damage. SO NEAR ENOUGH TO INFINITE.

Yeah but these are very situational thing and the enemy has to be weak for your actually fully setup. But you are right.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Yeah but these are very situational thing and the enemy has to be weak for your actually fully setup. But you are right.

Special cases are fun!

The other way to truly inflict infinite damage are the continuous %Health moves. I'm talking about Toxic, WoW, Leech Seed, and the like. I have stalled out entire Ubers teams with Lv1 Prankster Leech Seed Cottonee. So it takes a while, but the damage does stack to infinity for as long as you can keep yourself alive.

Years
  • Special cases are fun!

The other way to truly inflict infinite damage are the continuous %Health moves. I'm talking about Toxic, WoW, Leech Seed, and the like. I have stalled out entire Ubers teams with Lv1 Prankster Leech Seed Cottonee. So it takes a while, but the damage does stack to infinity for as long as you can keep yourself alive.

Yes continuous damage has the potential to. So the answers are OHKO moves and to an extent poison/toxic/burn and special cases.

Thank you :)

Mosbyyy

MEGA EVO OP!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    Explosion coming from Mega Glalie is terrifying. Wouldn't wanna be anywhere near that thing when it explodes...

I've always wondered how they just faint when they explode. It's strange.

if I weren't wrong, in the manga when a pokemon use Explosion or Self destruct, it will release almost all of its energy to make an explosion (but still survive, because it's not actually "explose", it just releases its energy at high level)
    However, according to the manga, a pokemon will soon die if it is forced to use those move too much
    How many time have you guys used Explosion and S.Destruct, eh?

Years
  • if I weren't wrong, in the manga when a pokemon use Explosion or Self destruct, it will release almost all of its energy to make an explosion (but still survive, because it's not actually "explose", it just releases its energy at high level)
    However, according to the manga, a pokemon will soon die if it is forced to use those move too much
    How many time have you guys used Explosion and S.Destruct, eh?

That does make sense (Y)

Back