• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who still has theirs?

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
I recently got a copy of Pokemon Silver, changed the battery, and started playing it again. I wanna know if anyone else still has a real cartridge version of gold, silver, or crystal. And why do you still have it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2014
I wish I could find them, the only one of the gameboy games I can seem to find is Blue, which is annoying as Red is the one with my original save data still on them. As for Gold and Silver I can't find them either...

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I still have all the six carts from my early teens (all French versions) . A few months back I replaced their batteries, so now they are in perfect working condition :) .

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Ah Gold. My first Pokémon Game. Yeah I still have that. Why do I have that? To see my first Umbreon! : )

Years
Yeah, I've still got my original Gold cartridge. I just turned it on, and my save's still there, so at least the battery's still working on it (for how much longer, though, is the question).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have all three of mine. I collect the main series games, so if I was missing one, I'd throw a fit. I recently had my Silver's battery replaced since it died last year, and the other two are still in working order as well. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I recently bought a copy of Crystal version. So happy I did. Something about playing it on an emulator just never felt right. I did own a copy way back in the day, but I don't really remember what happened to it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I have Crystal Version with a replaced battery, I had Gold Version with a replaced battery but I tried to replace the battery again to use that one for Crystal, and ended up breaking the tab that secures the battery because I was tinkering around changing the battery too much :\

I've had all three at some point, though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I have Gold with a working save battery and Silver with...deadness. It originally had a dead battery and I tried to replace it but I somehow broke it and it does not work at all. I wish they lasted forever.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I have Gold and Silver both working completely fine. I've actually had them for years now. MANY years.
Dang, I should go play those again...

Years
I have Silver but since I would not be great at replacing the internal battery, and don't know anyone who is, I can't play it right now but I will keep it in case the battery can get replaced safely

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
still have, and regulaly play Yellow, Silver and Crystal. Trying to beat the stadiums on N64 atm, so lots of level 100 grinding. I forgot how much i hate batteries!

Years
I still have my gold and my crystal game. Why? no idea, I can't get rid of them due for nostalgic reasons I guess. I don't play them anymore but can't throw them away yet either.

Back