• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROUND 2: Pok?Community Singing Contest 2005!

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
Eliana said:
End...of the month? XD;

I gotta go to sleep away starting June 28th -___-; Can I ask someone to upload the files for me? I really don't wanna have to be disqualified ;_;

Hey Jake...I'm leaving Sunday for a trip to D.C. Is this gonna be a problem? XD Do I need to just upload it after I get back or what? XD I should be back by next Saturday.

KeeperEUSC

I Truely Love You, Jiggly
Years
Man, I'm having the hardest time getting a good recording out. I've been solid through a lot of songs, only to mess it up with one off note. Driving me insane. Currently I'm considering:
Lonely No More//Rob Thomas
Scars//Papa Roach
Picture (Kid Rock)//Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow
I Miss You//blink 182

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Well I might be posting in the later part of the audition time. My voice has been a little off because of a cold I have. But I will do the best I can with it...

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
JigglyPuffIsHott said:
Man, I'm having the hardest time getting a good recording out. I've been solid through a lot of songs, only to mess it up with one off note. Driving me insane. Currently I'm considering:
Lonely No More//Rob Thomas
Scars//Papa Roach
Picture (Kid Rock)//Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow
I Miss You//blink 182

no quesions asked,do i miss you,that song is the awesomest (out of those 3...)wait not...scars..yeah thats the best i love that song :classic: :P

KeeperEUSC

Years
I'm going to try to mix it sometime this week, I want to run it by to see if it's acceptable, or if the music is too much.

I've also been working on Christina Agulaira's "I am Beautiful"

If I submitted this song in this competition at any point, I'd laugh hysterically, because so much of it is out of my range.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Well, I've posted mine. :P I hope a few of you have the bravery to sit through it and then comment on it for me. I know it's got problems, but I may yet go in and change it out. *Shrugs contentedly* Meh, I've had fun trying to pick a song I could sing. I was even considering Blues Traveler's "Hook" at one point, lol!

Let's see some more submissions, guys! I know you can beat my lousy voice! :P

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
Years
*Is in absolute shock*
When I heard your clip I thought you forgot to take the singing out of the clip...O.O I thought that was a celebrity or something O_O!!!!!!!!
You're amazing!
Okay I have no clue what to sing now o_o

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Eliana said:
*Is in absolute shock*
When I heard your clip I thought you forgot to take the singing out of the clip...O.O I thought that was a celebrity or something O_O!!!!!!!!
You're amazing!
Okay I have no clue what to sing now o_o

Okay, let's not go overboard here, lol. You'll actually get me believing that malarky if you keep it up. :P

What kind of music do you listen to, Eliana? What songs in that kind do you feel the most comfortable with when you sing along? That's basically the ones I choose. For example, I have a wide range of music I listen to, and I rotate it all around during my commute back and forth to work. It takes me a good 45-50 mins. to get from one place to the other, so that's lots of time for me to sing along with my music. I have some where my voice sounds like a cat dying in a manifold, but I have others where I think it's not quite as hard to reach the notes. Basically, I'd say choose the ones that you think your voice doesn't have to stretch too far to sing. That's the timid way to go, and it's my method, anyway. :D Lol. It's not necessarily the best, but it works for me.

If you tell me what kind of music you listen to, I'd be happy to go back and listen to your voice again so that I could try to make a guess about what songs I think your voice would sound good with. :P I've never done that before, but what could it hurt? Lol.

KeeperEUSC

Years
Hopefully it will end soon, I've got my biggest tournament of the year this weekend, and I"m expected to be playing full time, all games.

In the mean time, does anyone have any songs to recommend to me?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Dark Sora said:
They do have those. But it's those underground things. Like the one Eminem went to XD

Could we possibly host a rap contest? There seems to have been so much support for it since we started the singing competition... We could have the first annual Pokecommunity Rhymez Contest! :D Huh? Huh? Lol. I dunno. It could happen. :P

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Yeah, I don't think that would be a good idea, but If a member wanted to start and independent one...that would be better.

Also, I have a question. I just recorded my entry but it is 13 seconds over 2 minutes...is that ok? And it was my best recording and I don't have a program to edit out any parts to make it shorter.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Thomas-san said:
Yeah, I don't think that would be a good idea, but If a member wanted to start and independent one...that would be better.

Also, I have a question. I just recorded my entry but it is 13 seconds over 2 minutes...is that ok? And it was my best recording and I don't have a program to edit out any parts to make it shorter.

Someone recommended Audacity to me, and it worked like a dream come true. :D Just go to www.download.com and search for "Audacity" and you'll find it. You can edit it with that, and you can do fades, and all that other neat stuff. :P But if they let you keep your recording then I guess you wouldn't need it, lol.

The thing is, the message board has an attachment size limit of 2 megabytes... so if your song is longer than two minutes, you have a good chance of going over the file size limit. I'd be willing to bet that's why they put the length restriction on there. :P

Edit: Oh, and if you do decide to use Audacity, and you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post 'em here. :D I'd be more than willing to help you with it. ^_~

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

KeeperEUSC

Years
Seem to have gotten over the illness, voice is still a little iffy though.

I should make the deadline.

Back