• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROUND 2: Pok?Community Singing Contest 2005!

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
  • JigglyPuffIsHott said:
    Seem to have gotten over the illness, voice is still a little iffy though.

I should make the deadline.

Yay! Go Jiggly! :D I know you can do it!

What's up with the rest of you? :surprised Why hasn't anyone else posted any songs yet? ;_; You do realize that you have to have it up by the end of this month, don't you? Come on, let's get it in gear! Don't wait until the last minute, or you'll be caught with a cold! :confused:

*Sniff* I wanna hear more music. :(

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • o_o Omg, it's bad *stresses out* XD
    See my choir did it faster...o_o; I can slower it if you want...*freaks out* I flipping hate my mic >_>;

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Eliana said:
    o_o Omg, it's bad *stresses out* XD
    See my choir did it faster...o_o; I can slower it if you want...*freaks out* I flipping hate my mic >_>;

Woah woah, calm down girl, lol! There's nothing wrong with it the way it is! I just wondered if you'd gotten your hands on an alternate recording that I'd never heard before. :P And anyway, I'm not a judge. Any advice I give you would be purely my own opinion... therefore not to be followed unless you yourself thinks it's good enough advice to warrant another recording. Anyway, as it is, you have until the end of the month to do another recording, if you ever think you'd like to try. And btw, there's nothing wrong with your mic that I can hear. It was all-around a very strong cut. ^_~

Now, if I were to offer some advice, I can tell you how I sing my songs. I kind of cheat a little, and listen to the song on my headphones as I sing along with it. I can sing with my own voice, and I have the original to keep me on the same timing. It's worked pretty well with me. ^_~

Years
  • You think it's better than my first one Shuko???Thankx!! Oh, and I also LOVED your song, how can you sing that difficult language(I'm talking about the Japanese)???My gosh, I'm impressed!!! :confused:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Alexis9000 said:
    You think it's better than my first one Shuko???Thankx!! Oh, and I also LOVED your song, how can you sing that difficult language(I'm talking about the Japanese)???My gosh, I'm impressed!!! :confused:

Lol... it's gotten pretty easy for me. I guess it just takes practice. ^_~ I've been listening to Japanese music for about as long as I've been teaching myself Japanese, and I started that during my senior year in high school... that would be about six years ago, lol. But thank you for the compliment. :P Now if only I could carry a tune better, it'd be great! :D

Years
  • I think the contestants are not down, well at least I`m not, I`m optimist(but in most part of the times I`m a pessimist, really true, sorry about that-_-)! We have to think positive, always, right?

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Eliana said:
    I can't o.o I honestly think I don't stand a chance o_o
    Grr... >:| *Whacks Eliana with the "Optimism" stick* Don't say such things! You have entirely the wrong attitude for this! The point of this contest isn't to say, "Yay, I have the best voice! All of you suxx0rz!" It's to enjoy the opportunity to sing some of your favorite songs and share your voice with others. So what if you don't sound like Mariah Carey, or Megumi Hayashibara? Your voice is part of what makes you an individual, and if you can't let yourself be happy with it, then how can you truly be happy with yourself? I think too many of you are taking this competition too seriously. :( Any time you enter a contest that takes skill, you have to be prepared for the possibility that you won't come out on top. We all have to face that possibility. But should that keep us from making our best efforts, and giving it our all? Heck no! If everyone was to let their fear of failing dictate their actions, we wouldn't get to hear anyone's singing! >_> It's the same with any other contest. If everyone was afraid of failure and didn't enter, what kind of fun would there be in even trying? I sure as heck don't wanna participate in a contest that no one else wants to participate in. :(

And I know I can't speak for the rest of you, but my definition of a good singing voice isn't necessarily one that can carry a tune all the time. To me, that isn't the most important part at all. >:[ It's the feeling you put into it that counts. If you're singing your heart out, and you're loving every minute of it, then it doesn't matter if you sound like Whitney Houston or Gilbert Godfried. It'll be there in your voice if you're having a good time. And that's what really counts. No one can tell me that because my voice isn't cut out to win me any record labels, I can't sing. And you shouldn't count yourselves out of it either. Singing is fun, and it should make you feel good all over. Don't let whatever misguided conception of a good singing voice you have ruin the experience for you. To me, everyone who's entered this contest, all the way up from the beginning, is already a winner. The fact that you've put your voice out on display for others to hear, despite your own misgivings about yourselves, is proof that you have enough joy in your hearts to devote it to singing. So in my book, you're all superstars. ;) So from now on, if I hear anymore disparaging remarks about any of the voices here - or the people that they belong to - I'm gonna whack the ones who said them with the Optimism stick! *Brandishes it menacingly and glares at everybody*

mvtm

Years
  • I am in here guys , i would like to talk as much as Shuko or most of you.
    I dont have time to do another song or anything , so ill guess ill enter with the old one , since i am in finals this and the next week and those dates are due to change perphaps by teachers.

So i am in .

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Shuko said:
    Grr... >:| *Whacks Eliana with the "Optimism" stick* Don't say such things! You have entirely the wrong attitude for this! The point of this contest isn't to say, "Yay, I have the best voice! All of you suxx0rz!" It's to enjoy the opportunity to sing some of your favorite songs and share your voice with others. So what if you don't sound like Mariah Carey, or Megumi Hayashibara? Your voice is part of what makes you an individual, and if you can't let yourself be happy with it, then how can you truly be happy with yourself? I think too many of you are taking this competition too seriously. :( Any time you enter a contest that takes skill, you have to be prepared for the possibility that you won't come out on top. We all have to face that possibility. But should that keep us from making our best efforts, and giving it our all? Heck no! If everyone was to let their fear of failing dictate their actions, we wouldn't get to hear anyone's singing! >_> It's the same with any other contest. If everyone was afraid of failure and didn't enter, what kind of fun would there be in even trying? I sure as heck don't wanna participate in a contest that no one else wants to participate in. :(

And I know I can't speak for the rest of you, but my definition of a good singing voice isn't necessarily one that can carry a tune all the time. To me, that isn't the most important part at all. >:[ It's the feeling you put into it that counts. If you're singing your heart out, and you're loving every minute of it, then it doesn't matter if you sound like Whitney Houston or Gilbert Godfried. It'll be there in your voice if you're having a good time. And that's what really counts. No one can tell me that because my voice isn't cut out to win me any record labels, I can't sing. And you shouldn't count yourselves out of it either. Singing is fun, and it should make you feel good all over. Don't let whatever misguided conception of a good singing voice you have ruin the experience for you. To me, everyone who's entered this contest, all the way up from the beginning, is already a winner. The fact that you've put your voice out on display for others to hear, despite your own misgivings about yourselves, is proof that you have enough joy in your hearts to devote it to singing. So in my book, you're all superstars. ;) So from now on, if I hear anymore disparaging remarks about any of the voices here - or the people that they belong to - I'm gonna whack the ones who said them with the Optimism stick! *Brandishes it menacingly and glares at everybody*
    Omg you're so smart XDDDD
    See, if we had this in real life I wouldn't be as depressed because I know for a fact I do sound good in real life lol
    Don't mind me I just don't have any confidence lol

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Eliana said:
    Don't mind me I just don't have any confidence lol

Well quit it! XD

Lol. I hope you're not mad at me for whacking you with the Optimism Stick (Bleh... I'm just going to call it the O-Stick from now on, lol). But someone had to do it! :badsmile:

Welcome back, MTVM! I hope your finals go well! Study hard and get lots of sleep! :D

Back