• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Announcement:

The official version of Pokemon HOF beta 1.3 is already available to public, which is projected to be released a couple of days ago. We are sorry for what happened before but this time it's gotta be a bug free game for sure. Please check this game out and see if you enjoy the new beta of Pokemon HOF. The download link is provided below:
    Pokemon HOF v1.3 Public edition

Here are the new features in version 1.3:

1. The storyline has been extended to Mandarin Island and Trovita Island, in which you will witness the comeback of Teamrocket, meet Lorelei of the Elite four and battle against Rudy, the fifth Gym leader in Orange Islands region.

2. The battle animation has been implemented into this game, with the help of Victorspvl. You may check the screenshot at the first post to take a look at this update. Door animation is added to Pokemon HOF as well in this beta.

3. The graphics have been significantly upgraded as well. More characters now have their specific overworld and battle sprites, like Olga, Butch/Cassidy and gym leaders in Orange Islands region. Even Ash gets a new trainer sprite for himself!

4. Some previous bugs have been completely fixed. For instance, the glitch that Nurse Joy's sprites are missing when you lose a trainer battle and get transferred to Pokecenter is resolved now. Hopefully you won't be bothered by glitches like this anymore.

5. Some revisions have been made in this beta. For instance, the pallet town events have been redesigned and is thereby completely different from the video games. There are also noticeable changes in Viridian and Cerulean, please check them out.

6. We also made some small changes like dialogue revision to make it a more interesting game to play. The dungeon tiles like Mt. Moon, Rocket Hideout are not blury anymore. Besides, our writers have dealt with the decapitalization project as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2012
    does the battle system of this game include the physical/special move split like d/p?

on another note, ive just started playing the beta and i think it is great so far. keep up the good work.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    sorry, I don't know how to do shading

here are some battlebacks for Ash:

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    The green in the glove is too bright, I do like the 1st Pikachu shading tho :)

Nice, Just downloading now, should get in a few hours of playing :)

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    does the battle system of this game include the physical/special move split like d/p?

on another note, ive just started playing the beta and i think it is great so far. keep up the good work.

Yes, the attacks are split based on physical and special and not just by type.

sorry, I don't know how to do shading

here are some battlebacks for Ash:

You need a lot more practice on shading. There are certain colors that should never be used, and lime green is one of them (unless you use it really well). Also, don't ever use default colors but keep the palette and shading consistent.

You should submit some of your work in the Pixel Art section of PokéCommunity and more people will be able to help you there. I've seen a lot of rookie spriters that started out pretty bad but eventually became pros in a matter of weeks (Froslass_Maniac, for example).

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    but that's for art work, and I didn't draw those I just recolored them

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    We all have to start somewhere. Most people start out with recolors and revamps of other people's work (or from the games). Scratches and splices are way too complicated for beginners, and no one expects you to get anything right the first time.

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
    Years
    Thanks for uploading v1.1 onto rapidshare, HOF. still,cud u put 1.3 on2 rapidshare?

EJames2100

Years

Finish your map lol, Also are you meant to see yourself through a tree, not used to it so it's a little weird O.o

Looking through a building at yourself, a little weird O.o

*Goes back to playing*

EJames2100

Years
    Changed too original view and that's sorted it lol

But that missing bit of tree is still there on original view in Pallet town, take a look yourself, Bottom Right Corner :)

Loving the dialogue and sign posts in Viridian :D

Found a Shiny/Green Mankey on the way to Indigo, can't catch it yet tho ><

IN a house in Viridian with the Spearow, every time it moves it dissapears and then re-appears O.o

When you talk to the dude blocking the road, you say at the end that you should look for Gary, but your actually meant to be getting/delivering Oak's Parcel :?

Weather changes every time you change route/go in a house and leave, Is this necessary?
    Randomly crashed when I walked in a house but that might be my fault.

Did it again at the same house, it's the house that is right next to the route heading towards Indigo Plateau.

Jumping seems a little high ?

There seems to be a green person and red person in Viridian City for some reason O.o

Also, the red person walks on the ledge, not jump over it but actually walks on it.

Last edited:

Finneon

Pretty fishie
    Years
    Username: Finneon
    Sex: Female

Desired Position: General spriter
    Previous Experience: None in fangames; have sprite thread here, I do isometric items and etc things for use in custom worlds on an mmosg. I've never worked with the 'pokémon style' before, but I want to..
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: phoenixundead

Describe Yourself: Uh, kind of quiet. I'm a little socially awkward but I give it my best shot. One of my best friends described me as a 'teddy bear' the other night; so, I guess I'm kind of nice, at least.. I like politics, history (WWII is fascinating to me, all elements), good games (Pokémon of course, Zelda, Phoenix Wright..), some comic books (X-men and Green Arrow). I'm pretty open about.. most things, but I don't talk about myself very well. That's all, I guess.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Username: Finneon
    Sex: Female

Desired Position: General spriter
    Previous Experience: None in fangames; have sprite thread here, I do isometric items and etc things for use in custom worlds on an mmosg. I've never worked with the 'pokémon style' before, but I want to..
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: phoenixundead

Describe Yourself: Uh, kind of quiet. I'm a little socially awkward but I give it my best shot. One of my best friends described me as a 'teddy bear' the other night; so, I guess I'm kind of nice, at least.. I like politics, history (WWII is fascinating to me, all elements), good games (Pokémon of course, Zelda, Phoenix Wright..), some comic books (X-men and Green Arrow). I'm pretty open about.. most things, but I don't talk about myself very well. That's all, I guess.

I saw your pixel art thread and it looks excellent. Thank you for your application and we're looking forward to working together with you. Btw, don't forget to sign up an AIM account since all Pokemon HOF members use it. Have a great day.

Thanx man, i appreciate it

I appreciate your interest in Pokemon HOF as well. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with this beta. :classic:

Finish your map lol, Also are you meant to see yourself through a tree, not used to it so it's a little weird O.o

Looking through a building at yourself, a little weird O.o

*Goes back to playing*

I have no idea why this glitch occurs, never saw the hero walking on the roof of a house when I playtest it...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I saw your pixel art thread and it looks excellent. Thank you for your application and we're looking forward to working together with you. Btw, don't forget to sign up an AIM account since all Pokemon HOF members use it. Have a great day.

I appreciate your interest in Pokemon HOF as well. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with this beta. :classic:

I have no idea why this glitch occurs, never saw the hero walking on the roof of a house when I playtest it...
    HOF that happens when he changes how the map is seen. He should change it back to the default map view and it wont happen anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back