• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Time to give Zeta a little bit of competition!

The Azure Frontier: Round 1
    Elite 4 Member #3: Costa
    Type: Water

Puzzle Description: The gym itself is a pool of water filled with several whirlpools and fast currents that you will have to navigate through. You will not require a Pokemon that uses Surf or Whirlpool, because as you enter the gym, a Blastoise will walk up to you and challenge you. Defeating the Blastoise will allow you to surf across the water and navigate through whirlpools. In the pool are three Pokemon- a Lapras, a Gyarados, and a Milotic. Defeating each of these Pokemon will result in some of the pool water being drained. When all of the pool water is drained, Costa will appear from a staircase at the end of the pool, and you will hop off the Blastoise. While there is still water, water polo balls will be shot out of cannons at the end of the room. They can skip all over the pool, so be careful! Getting hit will result in being knocked backwards two spaces!

Puzzle Map: Attached at the bottom of the file is the Puzzle Map.
    A dark green rectangle indicates a door.
    A turquoise rectangle with an arrow in it indicates a fast current in the direction of the arrow.
    A light blue square is a whirlpool.
    A dark blue square is Blastoise.
    A purple square is a Special Pokemon that will take the water in its section (marked off with black lines) when defeated. This includes any currents and whirlpools in the area.
    A black rectangle indicates a cannon that water polo balls will shoot out of until all three Special Pokemon are defeated. The water polo balls will make it impossible to reach Costa until they are no longer fired from the cannons.
    Sky blue indicates normal water.

Special Pokemon Battles:

(all of these Pokemon are catchable EXCEPT for Blastoise)

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Torrent- Level 75
    Bold Nature- 252 HP/252 Def/ 6 Spa

Surf
    Yawn
    Ice Beam
    Whirlpool

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Own Tempo- Level 80
    Modest Nature- 212 HP/ 44 Def/ 252 Spa

Nasty Plot
    Slack Off
    Surf
    Flamethrower

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Intimidate- Level 80
    Adamant Nature- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Stone Edge

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Marvel Scale- Level 80
    Bold Nature- 148 HP/ 252 Def/ 108 Spa

Hypnosis
    Recover
    Surf
    Hidden Power Electric

Costa's Appearance: Costa appears to be about 6 feet tall, and has short black hair. He wears a long green parka with only a dragon-designed Speedo underneath. He also wears brown sandals.

Elite Four Costa

Opening Speech:
    Welcome to my side of the pool, Trainer! I am Costa of the Elite Four. I myself have fought many tough battles underwater in my years of water polo. I have used the defensive skills I learned underwater and combined with the power that I have developed within myself to create an unstoppable force that is reflected by my Pokemon! I would love to see you attempt to stop it! The ball has dropped, (trainer name), and the game has begun!

Pokemon:

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent- Level 79
    Relaxed Nature- 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def

Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Own Tempo- Level 80
    Bold Nature- 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD

Calm Mind
    Surf
    Psychic
    Slack Off

Collosoil @ Choice Band
    Guts- Level 81
    Jolly Nature- 252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP

Crunch
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    U-Turn

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Torrent- Level 82
    Calm Nature- 252 HP/ 160 Def/ 92 SpD/ 4 Spe

Surf
    Grass Knot
    Ice Beam
    Yawn

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Pressure- Level 84
    Timid Nature- 120 HP/ 172 Spa/ 216 Spe

Calm Mind
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power Electric

Team Strategy: This team relies on the power and resistances of bulky offense to get by. Swampert plays a vital role in getting Stealth Rock up for the rest of the team to sweep easier. Slowbro provides great tanking ability and can run through teams with his Calm Mind Set. He is back up with the immense power and status taking abilities of Collosoil, who is the surprise Pokemon for the team (it is a whale, so it can be of the water element, and its also in a Water egg group). Empoleon takes hits quite well for the team and can force problematic Pokemon out with Yawn. Suicune cleans up at the end with a semi-bulky Calm Mind sweeping set.

Defeat Dialogue: Looks like my team and I just couldn't punch through you near the end! A well played game indeed!

Closing Speech: I can see that your team has been trained very hard. That is the only way that you could have overcome my Pokemon and I. You truly played well in this pool. See if you can do the same in the next room.

The Azure Frontier: Round 2
    Elite Four Member #3: Costa
    Type: Water

(Note: The levels of the special Pokemon have all been raised by 15 for Round 2. None are catchable this round.)

Opening Speech: I'm glad that you could come back for a rematch, (trainer name)! Did you know how much water polo players like I love the rain? It keeps us cool and refreshed on hot days, and it means that the pool is heated on cold days! To my Pokemon and I, rain is the ultimate source of comfort. We are going to show you just how well we work in the rain! The ball has dropped! Let the game begin!

Pokemon:

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
    Drizzle- Level 97
    Timid Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Water Spout
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunder

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent- Level 98
    Relaxed Nature- 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def

Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Collosoil @ Choice Band
    Guts- Level 99
    Jolly Nature- 252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP

Crunch
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    U-Turn

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Swift Swim- Level 100
    Adamant Nature- 72 HP/ 252 Atk/ 184 Spe

Swords Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Aqua Jet

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
    Pressure- Level 101
    Hasty Nature- 6 Atk/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe

Surf
    Spacial Rend
    Aqua Tail
    Thunder

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Pressure- Level 103
    Timid Nature- 120 HP/ 172 Spa/ 216 Spe

Calm Mind
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power Electric

Team Strategy: This team plays more off an aggressive offensive style than the Round 1 team, but retains some bulk. It trades some stalling capabilities for offensive power under the rain, which is set up by Kyogre. Swampert and Collosoil retain their same jobs as in Round 1. The rest of the team consists of a balance of sweeping- Kabutops is the heavy-hitting physical sweeper, Palkia can hit from both sides of the spectrum with its powerful STAB attacks, and Suicune wraps up the game with a Calm Mind sweep.

Defeat Dialogue: To have been defeated by the same person twice must mean one thing- that person is truly better than me. Well done, and a great game!

Closing Speech: As a water polo player, I never experienced such a loss as the one you have handed me today, (trainer name). I must swim and meditate on this further. In the meantime, continue on in your pursuit to defeat the Azure Frontier!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Ok, the map for my Elite 4 Round 3 submission is up! Be sure to look at the file as well as the Puzzle Map section near the top of my submission post!

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I am so happy that this round has gotten more action than the last! There's still one more day of submissions, so get on it and get your gym in! I'll post my promised critiques of your Elite 4's in a couple hours, I have some RL things going on. Until then, keep them coming!

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
    I'm new here, but I have an E4 member for you guys.

The Azure Frontier: Round 1
    Elite 4 #3: Kathryn​

Specializes in: Grass-types

Puzzle Description: The gym has a large area of tall grass in it, right before you confront Kathryn herself. Be careful, uncatchable wild Pokemon are in the tall grass, and a lot of them can use Mean Look! But, if you defeat the Sceptile, he'll let you catch him, and he'll be a very useful asset in the team. Oh, did I mention, grass spikes will shoot out periodically and damage the leader of your team by 2 HP?

Special Pokemon battles:

SCEPTILE Lv. 101
    Overgrow
    Focus Band

Frenzy Plant
    Magical Leaf
    Rest
    Leaf Blade

Kathryn's appearance: Kathryn wears green to symbolize her bond with Grass-types. Her hair is styled into a bob (dyed green). She wears green shorts, a green T-shirt and dark green fingerless gloves. Her eyes are hazel, the only thing that can't be green other than her skin.

Elite Four Kathryn

Opening speech: Well, whaddaya know? A new Trainer! You've come to challenge me, probably. Me and my Pokemon are bored, so very bored of all these Trainers who lose so easily. Just because the previous fellow went down to you doesn't mean I'll go easy on you, because me and my Grass-types, we share a connection! That's why I wear green! Are you ready to taste the wrath of Grass?

Pokemon:

Exeggutor Lv. 100
    Chlorophyll
    Focus Sash

Seed Bomb
    Leaf Storm
    Giga Drain
    Thief

Abomasnow Lv. 101
    Snow Warning
    Choice Scarf

Icy Wind
    Double-Edge
    SolarBeam
    Giga Drain

Torterra Lv. 101
    Overgrow
    Leftovers

Grass Knot
    Energy Ball
    Giga Drain
    Bullet Seed

Team Strategy: As you may have noticed, all three Pokemon have Giga Drain, which will suck out your Pokemon's energy and restore theirs. When the foe is weak enough, POW! Knock-out. Trust me, it won't be easy defeating Kathryn.

Defeat Dialogue: Aw, man! I was gonna make you taste the wrath of Grass-types, but you made me taste the wrath of your Pokemon! Well, it was worth it, I guess.

Final Words: I haven't been defeated like this in years! But I also haven't been rejuvenated like this in years, too! {Player}, you made me realize why I became a member of the Elite Four! The next room's harder than me, so you better start with what it is you non-Elite Four Trainers do. Sorry, it's been a long time, you know.

Azure Frontier: Round 2
    Elite Four #3: Kathryn
    Type: Grass​

(Note: Kathryn's done a bit of catching, so don't be surprised.)

Opening speech: Hey there, {Player}! It's been a long time since I felt the wrath of defeat on my tongue and the adrenaline rushing through my bones. You gave me the strength I needed to continue through the day. So, {Player}, bring it on!

Pokemon:

Exeggutor Lv. 101
    Chlorophyll
    Focus Sash

Seed Bomb
    Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    SolarBeam

Torterra Lv. 103
    Overgrow
    Leftovers

Grass Knot
    Energy Ball
    Giga Drain
    Rock Slide

Abomasnow Lv. 103
    Snow Warning
    Choice Scarf

Icy Wind
    Wood Hammer
    SolarBeam
    Razor Leaf

Breloom Lv. 102
    Effect Spore
    Light Clay

Attract
    Bullet Seed
    Brick Break
    SolarBeam

Team Strategy: Kathryn's sure pumped up her Pokemon this time around, adding a Grass/Fighting Pokemon to her team. She's also ditched the Giga Drain strategy for a more offensive strategy, with Torterra and Abomasnow having become the powerhouses of the team, and with Breloom having Attract (shame on you if you don't know what happens when you get hit with Attract), this team has just become a little harder.

Defeat Dialogue: I feel it again, that adrenaline coursing through my body!

Final Words: You've beaten me again, and proven your worth and all that jazz. But really, all I wanna say is thanks. After all, you've rejuvenated me, and showed me that despite all those boring old Trainers, I didn't need to become so over-confident because one day, someone would come along and give me the boost I needed. You're the one who did that! {Trainer}, better go and do your best in the next room! Wish you luck!

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    SkyBlue, I would consider (actually more of a requirement) to change the typing of your team, since a Grass type Elite 4 was already chosen for Member 1 in the bold vote polls (Skip 3, Zeta 1). Also, when Maci says to use his level ranges, you should use them(the Round 1 range is way off for your submission). Competitively viable sets are sets that come from here usually: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    Elite Four # - 3

Type- Rock

Round # 1

Puzzle
    Spoiler:

Maps of the Caves

Spoiler:

Elite Four - Halle

Spoiler:

Round # 2

Elite Four – Halle
    Spoiler:

Extra Information

Pokémon in the Pokeballs
    Spoiler:

Wild Pokémon found in the caves

Golem's Cave
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Tyranitar's Cave
    Spoiler:

Aggron's Cave
    Spoiler:

I really am sorry about the formatting with the bold thing, but it will take me like an hour to fix all of it...I spent two weeks creating this thing, so please do disregard it...I know the formatting is terrible though...

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Comments

Skip Shot - You know the drill: amazing work, great formatting, progression, etc. I do have a comment for your overall formatting though: work on the Bold / Underlined formatting, as by using flares of it, you make it 100x more readable. I enjoyed seeing how you took my advice about the "exception pokemon" However, I find your E4 Round 1 battle to very similar to your Casey Round 2 battle. Maybe make a switch out of Empoleon / Arghonaut Thank you for giving us one of the most competitive E4s so far.

Zeta Dimentio - In - Cred - I - Ble. What an awesome Elite 4; I would totally love playing through it. All your formatting is perfect, progression is well done, and you stayed consistent with the theme. I like how you also used the "exception pokemon" (Flygon), & the pokemon who could be seen as one of the types (Latias). It is very competitively viable, and a thoroughly enjoyable E4. Great work!

Skyblue - Thank you so much for being a new face in this project! However, there are some things you need to work on. Formatting wise its perfect; keep it like that. However, your Round 1 battle needs 5 Pokemon; not 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6, and your Round 2 battle needs 6 pokemon. Also, the competitive viability of your E4 submission could be improved upon, visit www.smogon.com to find some competitive sets for each pokemon =). The other problem is that we already have a Grass type E4, so we can't use that one. I'm sorry =/. HOWEVER, I want to see you come back with vengeance in the next round, I think you have the potential to be a winner.

SethMetal37 - Great job this round. Everything is perfect except for the bolding, and I understand what happened there: its happened to me too many times. Excellent work, the only thing I would reccommend would be to use Tyranitar as your lead, as the whole team benefits from it. I'm also questioning the competitive viability of Relicanth. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for submitting this round =)

BY FAR THE BEST E4 ROUND SO FAR. POLL WILL BE UP LATER TODAY

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Comments

Skip Shot - You know the drill: amazing work, great formatting, progression, etc. I do have a comment for your overall formatting though: work on the Bold / Underlined formatting, as by using flares of it, you make it 100x more readable. I enjoyed seeing how you took my advice about the "exception pokemon" However, I find your E4 Round 1 battle to very similar to your Casey Round 2 battle. Maybe make a switch out of Empoleon / Arghonaut Thank you for giving us one of the most competitive E4s so far.

With the Bold/Underlined, would you prefer I took some of the Bold out, or add some underlining in, and where would you prefer it?

Oooh, looking back, the two teams are quite similar. Both have Pert, Arghonaut, and Empoleon. I think that Pert is very important for Costa's team, so that needs to stay. Arghonaut will probably leave, because Empoleon and Suicune are the only two special sweeping Pokemon on my team, and I don't want to sacrifice balance on the offensive spectrum. I'll replace Arghonaut with a Calm Mind Slowbro later today. The changes will be up some time this afternoon.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Too bad I couldnt find time to squeeze a gym in this round! Who won the last, me or Skip Shot? Last time I checked the vote was tied.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    I thought I put that she frequently switches between to Tyranitar but maybe not and with Relicanth, nobody expects it. Plus I didn't want to overuse the fossil pokemon

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey everyone! Round 12: Elite 4 (3) was fantastic. If we got that many submissions of that quality every round, I would be soooooooooooo happy. Just for that reason, I am giving you four days on Round 13: Elite 4 (4). Remember, I will be entering this Round as well, so in order to be unbias, the poll in Round 13 will include everyone who submitted, which means there will most likely be two.

That being said ROUND 13: ELITE 4 (4) IS OPEN!!!!!

Remember to keep these things in mind:

Originally posted by Maci12, Elite 4 Post
    ====================================================================​

Where to Find Information

====================================================================
    I require pictures & comptitive movesets in the Elite 4. Any post that lacks either of these will not be counted. Here is where you can find pictures:​

Sprites

www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html - This is the site I use for most pictures: you can get them quite fast.​

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page - Bulbapedia is great for a wide variety of things. You also get access to HG/SS on this site, which you cannot do on the first site.

Competitive Movesets

www.smogon.com - Easy, quick access to competetive movesets. Search the pokemon's name and look for a movest that fits the team.

www.serebii.com - If the pokemon has been featured under Pokemon of the Day, you can get competetive movesets about them.

Obviously, there are also competitive movesets to be found on Pokecommunity.

NOTE: I am not advertising these sites, I am providing links to them as they provide information that is relevant to what I am asking of people during the Elite 4 rounds.

ALSO, I would love to see people go beyond the slate if they can, do whatever you can think of. All of the gyms that were selected went above and beyond in some way, so think of a way you can.
    Originally posted by Maci12, Level Ranges

Elite 4 (4) - 81 - 86 [Round 2 = 99- 105][/QUOTE]

As a final note, please remember that this is Round 4, so everyone will be doing their best work here. Be creative, go overboard, and have a lot of fun! After this round, we will get into the Rivals, and they are a lot of fun to make =)

Here is the (late) poll:

Skip Shot -

SethMetal37 -
    Zeta Dimentio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 -

All the submissions were great this round. It came down to formatting, and if you followed level ranges / pokemon amounts. I look forward to a fantastic Elite 4 (4) Round!!!

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Edit- lol, that's pretty funny. It's fine Maci12.

With that, I vote for myself. Zeta Dimentio. Since I really like the team, but like I said, I was testing the waters with that team, and I just slapped together a puzzle. I'll make sure the next entry is better.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Umm HOLY **** I FORGOT TO PUT ZETA DIMENTIO IN! YOUR ELITE 4 WAS MY FAVORITE! Yeah, I rectified that immediately, sorrry!!! I put Eos Aduro in, and he didn't even submit this round =P

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    I am gonna vote for myself, SethMetal37, because I like my E4 the best. Also, this will likely be my last entry, I might try to do the rivals, but I am gonna be pretty busy like all the time now. I'll still get on and look at these though, and vote.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Well thanks for thinking of me anyways Maci :P! I WILL get a round in this time, not immediately though, I have a 70 page social booklet.

I'm not sure who to vote for, because the last round isn't decided yet! If I won Round 2, I would vote for SethMetal, and if Skip Shot won, I would vote for Zeta!! I cant decide!!

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I'm pretty much torn between my own Elite 4 and SethMetal's. SethMetal brought in one of the greatest puzzle concepts to date, and it will be hard to match that. I'm not to keen on the competitive viableness of his sets, however. I'll do something similar to Eos: If my Elite 4 Round 2 is picked, I will vote for my own, and if Eos wins, SethMetal will get my vote.

So we have 4 days... that gives me till the day before Thanksgiving (yay 16th bday) to do this. Time to get cranking!!

Back