• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Oh my. It's been too long, haven't it? Nice to see that the wheels keep on turnin' (b'-')b
    Congratulations everyone for making such great E4's.. I wish I had time to compete with you guys, but you got lucky >: ( Maci's champion surely put the "champ" back into "champion", that's for sure!

Wow, there's an ongoing poll? Ok.. While Zeta's E4 is astonishing, I'm feeling swayed by Hollum's talksies, so... I'll vote for Skip Shot this round (if I'm allowed to)

Its great to see you back! I'm hopin for a great Hometown Rival competition now that youre around again!

(btw, its Gollum lol)

Chorus- follow the stuff from Maci's huge post above and the first post, and look at some of the submissions posted here (winning submissions are always good to look at). It would be nice if we got a new competitor in these Rival rounds!

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey Seth, I am sorry about the mistake with the voting. You did end up winning; I believe the score was 3 - 2 - 1. This has been changed in the Rival post. Nice to have you back ooOpposite Day, we missed you in the E4 process. Chorus.EXE we would be glad to have you; follow the rules and look at past submissions so you can really make something great =) By the way, to everyone who's putting this in their signature, I'm thinking of making a banner, even if it is only for a few more rounds. You think it'sa good idea?

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    Awesome thanks Maci lol. I also have a question. What are the starters that you will get in this hack? I vote yes for a banner lol. Then you can make one for the hack

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Wait, wasn't it a Bold Vote thing? Oh well, it doesn't matter. Congrats SethMetal. Your E4 was pretty good.

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    The starters here are Electric-Water-Ground, Elekid, Horsea, Rhyhorn. I picked them because they were all 3x evolutions, they normally evolved late, and they all needed items to reach the final stage of evolution. This here is my first draft, if I forgot anything or anyone wants to criticize, feel free to say so!

Rival Hector
    <Hometown Rival>
    Type: Varied

Encounter One

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Encounter Two
    Spoiler:

Encounter 3
    Spoiler:

Encounter 4
    Spoiler:

Encounter 5

Spoiler:

Encounter 6
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Here's The Banner!

What do you think? I used two of the more dynamic looking Gym Leaders and all the Gym Badges.

Eos Aduro - Brilliant work on your first rival =) You got in so early, and yet it is beautifully done. I have some minor nitpicks though; the Fourth Encounter is a Double Battle with the 7th Gym Leaders, and you'll only have access to three pokemon. Read up on the double battle in Skip Shot's post a little while back so you have a better idea of what's going on there. Also, the Fifth Encounter needs a Team Strategy as well. Just to clarify, in the final encounter, do the pokemon (Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza) come before the starter, because it would be a huge help to Kingdra if that was the case (Swift Swim Kingdra is a huge threat in Ubers). I really like your idea for the leads, and the team's progression is very well done. I'm thinking I need to put in an encounter between the fourth and the fifth; the jump from 55 to 80 is pretty huge. What are your thoughts on this?
    ==============
    IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE
    ==============
    I am considering extending the process (as I did by adding the Rival Process) to the Frontier. Would you guys enjoy making Frontier's too, or would you rather not? I personally think it would be fun, but it is up to you.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Personally, I'd like it. It'd give me the chance to use Elizabeth's character again, since she wasn't in the E4. (Dunno why, but I want to use her) Different team though. But, another reason would be because it might be fun to do a Battle Frontier, since they're alike, and different from gyms at the same time.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Hell yes I would want a Battle Frontier! I changed the Opening and Closing messages for the Fourth Encounter, and he only uses 3 Pokemon, Gengar, Scizor, and the starter. Does the Fifth need competitive movesets AND a team strategy or just the team strategy?

Also, another encounter in the middle would probably work well, even if it makes more work for me :P

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I updated the OP. Chorus.EXE, you can make one submission per round, meaning you can do a rival this round provided you understand the rules. Eos Aduro made a great example of a Rival; follow his example and you should be fine.

It looks like people are really interested in the Battle Frontier; I'll start thinking of ways to make that process interesting =)

By the way, everyone submitting on the Criminal Rival, I am giving you a warning; I am submitting too XD. That means everyone who submits a complete piece will be in the poll.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I'm going to start up my rival post here, then progress and make edits throughout the rest of the week. Hopefully I get a lot of good criticism!

Name Selection:

Spoiler:

Rival <name picked by user>
    <Hometown Rival>
    Varied types

First Encounter:

Opening Speech: Hey, (username), we both have our own Pokemon now! That means that we can battle each other! What do you say to a battle as a sendoff on our journeys? Yes? Great! Let's get started then!

Pokemon:

Dratini- Level 5
    Shed Skin
    Twister, Wrap

OR

Gible- Level 5
    Sand Veil
    Sand Tomb, Twister

OR

Larvitar- Level 5
    Guts
    Rock Throw
    Mud Slap

Defeat Dialogue: I can't believe that I lost my very first battle!

Closing Speech: Well, I guess there's no telling how that battle could have gone since it was the first time battling for both of us. Rest assured though, (username), there will be a clear winner next time we face off. I am going to get started on my Pokemon journey now. Catch you later!

Second Encounter:

Opening Speech: Well, if it isn't (username)! Its been quite a while since I last saw you. I'm curious, how much stronger have you gotten? Let's battle and find out!

Pokemon:

Starly- Level 13
    Keen Eye
    Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Growl

Dratini- Level 15
    Shed Skin
    Wrap, Twister, Thunder Wave, Dragon Rage

OR

Gible- Level 15
    Sand Veil
    Sand Tomb, Twister, Take Down, Dragon Rage

OR

Larvitar- Level 15
    Guts
    Rock Slide
    Mud Slap
    Bite
    Screech

Defeat Dialogue: Wow, you've grown a lot as a Trainer since we last battled!

Closing Speech
    : I may not be up to your pace of battling yet, (username), but I will defeat you one day! Consider it a promise! I need to go train some more, so I'll catch you later!

Special Encounter A (Only occurs if the Rival chose Dratini)

Upon leaving third gym after obtaining badge:

Rival: Hey, (user name), its been a while! Did you just get your third badge? Congratulations! However, it seems that I am now quite a bit ahead of you. I beat the gym leader and saw you walk in soon afterwards. That gym leader was one kind person, I'll tell you. She traded a special Metang to me for my Dratini! I don't know why she wants a Dratini, but this Metang is definitely for keeps! Well, I should go start training it! See you around!

Third Encounter:

Opening Speech: Well, we meet up again, (username)! I can see that you have been pretty busy training. Are you still energized enough for a battle? I want to show off how much better I have become! I won't lose this time!

Pokemon:

Staravia- Level 25
    Intimidate
    Wing Attack, Double Team, Endeavor, Quick Attack

Haunter- Level 27
    Levitate
    Curse, Confuse Ray, Sucker Punch, Shadow Punch

Metang- Level 30
    Clear Body
    Fire Punch, Confusion, Metal Claw, Pursuit

OR

Gabite- Level 29
    Sand Veil
    Dragon Rage, Sand Tomb, Slash, Twister

OR

Pupitar- Level 29
    Shed Skin
    Dark Pulse, Rock Slide, Thrash, Mud Slap

Comments: Metang is a level higher due to it growing faster because it is a traded Pokemon. The "special quality" that Metang has is Fire Punch, which it cannot normally learn.

Defeat Dialogue: I evolved my Pokemon and trained them as much as I could, yet I still lost?

Closing Speech
    : Somehow, you are able to defeat me every single time we battle. I wish I could know what your secret is. In the meantime, all I can do is keep on training. See you again sometime!

Fourth Encounter

(Upon entering city with both gyms)

Policeman: Are you new to this town? In that case, be careful, because there are two rival gyms in this town. Nathalie and Bronson have been fighting over which of their gyms is better for over a month now. They both think that the better of the two gyms deserves to go hunt for a legendary Pokemon. I can't remember which one it is.

(As player approaches Pokemon Center, Nathalie and Bronson can be seen outside)

Nathalie: It's obvious that my gym is better! Your concept of a gym is poor and your Pokemon are no match against my icy powers!

Bronson: Remember that I'm the one with the gym badge around here, so its obvious that my Poison Pokemon rule!

Nathalie: Oh really?! (notices player) Hey, you, come over here! (Player is automatically walked over to Nathalie and Bronson) Which gym do you think is better, my gym or Bronson's gym? …. What? You haven't seen either of ours? In that case, know that my gym is superior to Bronson's!

Bronson: I don't think so! I can melt your ice Pokemon in my toxic pits! You can't do that to my Poison Pokemon!

(Enter Hometown Rival)

Rival: Hey (player), it's been a while! How's it going!

Bronson: You're new around here too! Know that my gym is better than Nathalie's, so I should be able to get Registeel!

Nathalie: Really?! Why don't we have a battle to determine who can hunt for Registeel!

Bronson: Ok then! (Turns to player) You'll root for me, won't you?

(User is prompted to choose Yes or No)

(Yes)

Bronson: Great! I have crowd support to beat Nathalie with!

Rival: Not so fast! I side with Nathalie! I think that her gym would be better!

Nathalie: Ha! 2-on-2 then! Let's get this started!

(No)

Bronson: So you'll root for Nathalie, then?
    Nathalie: Ha! Clearly, people around here think my gym is better.

Rival: Sorry to rain on your parade, but I side with Bronson.

Bronson: In that case, let's do a 2-on-2 tag battle!

TAG BATTLE

vs. Rival and (Bronson/Nathalie)
    Player is paired with Nathalie/Bronson

Rival's Pokemon:

Staraptor- Intimidate
    Level 50
    Close Combat, Brave Bird, Agility, Aerial Ace

Haunter- Level 51
    Levitate
    Sucker Punch, Shadow Punch, Dark Pulse, Destiny Bond

Rhydon- Level 52
    Rock Head
    Earthquake, Stone Edge, Hammer Arm, Rock Blast

Metagross- Level 55
    Clear Body
    Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hammer Arm, Fire Punch

OR

Garchomp- Level 54
    Sand Veil
    Crunch, Dragon Claw, Dig, Slash

OR

Tyranitar- Level 54
    Sand Stream
    Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch, Thrash

Bronson:

Swalot
    Liquid Ooze
    Level 50

Sludge Bomb
    Pain Split
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

Skuntank
    Aftermath
    Level 50

Poison Jab
    Flamethrower
    Feint
    Night Slash

Toxicroak @ Sitrus Berry

Dry Skin
    Level 52

Poison Jab
    Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse
    Sludge Bomb

Nathalie:

Abomasnow
    Snow Warning
    Level 50

Leech Seed
    Blizzard
    Energy Ball

Substitute

Mamoswine
    Snow Cloak
    Level 50

Blizzard
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Double Hit

Walrein @ Sitrus Berry

Ice Body
    Level 52

Protect
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Substitute

Defeat Dialogue:

Rival: Impossible! How did I lose!
    (Leader paired with Rival): Well, I guess that means that (Leader paired with player) has the better gym and deserves to go find Registeel!

Closing Plotline:

Bronson: Well, I guess that shows who's better. I better get back to my gym now. I hope that you'll come and challenge me soon! (Walks off to gym)

Rival: Humph! You may have won against me and (Leader Rival sided with) (player), but I'll get you next time! Just you wait! (Runs away)

Nathalie: That was quite a fun battle, now that I look at it. What's your name? Oh, its (player). Why don't you come by my gym sometime? I may not have a badge to offer, but I do have some specially trained Pokemon as a prize, so come check it out! (Walks off)

Special Encounter B

(Rival runs up): (Username)! I found this amazing cave with a lot of strange paintings inside of it! Come with me, I'll show you! (Player follows Rival into "Unknown Cave".)

Rival: See, look over here! There's a picture of what appears to be a Lucario fighting a Gallade. (Runs to another point in the cave) I can tell what all of the pictures besides this one are. Come take a look! (Player walks over). It is a picture of what appears to be three birds swooping down on top of three dogs, which are defending three strange robotic-like creatures. I can't make heads or tails of it.

(Back of cave suddenly rumbles and falls over)

Rival: What just happened?! Let's go check it out!

(Player and Rival walk over to find large mining drill and two people standing outside of it):

Strange Person 1: I think we took a wrong turn somewhere.

Strange Person 2: Darn it! That means we lost track of the le- (notices Rival and player). Hey, you two! You've seen us and our machine! We can't let you walk away from here! We'll have to take you out! Simpson, you ready to fight?

Strange Person 1: You bet, O!

Rival: Oh shoot, what are we going to do? Let's team up and take on these guys, (username)!

Tag Battle
    Player and Rival vs. O and Simpson

Rival's Pokemon:

Haunter- Level 56
    Levitate
    Sucker Punch, Shadow Punch, Dark Pulse, Destiny Bond

Rhydon- Level 58
    Rock Head
    Earthquake, Stone Edge, Hammer Arm, Rock Blast

Metagross- Level 60
    Clear Body
    Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hammer Arm, Fire Punch

OR

Garchomp- Level 60
    Sand Veil
    Crunch, Dragon Rush, Dig, Slash

OR

Tyranitar- Level 59
    Sand Stream
    Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch, Thrash

O's Pokemon:

Honchkrow- Level 58
    Insomnia
    Night Slash, Dark Pulse, Pluck, Sucker Punch

Tauros- Level 58
    Anger Point
    Zen Headbutt, Thrash, Earthquake, Giga Impact

Skuntank- Level 60
    Aftermath
    Flamethrower, Night Slash, Toxic, Explosion

Simpson's Pokemon
    :

Weavile- Level 58
    Pressure
    Night Slash, Metal Claw, Dark Pulse, Ice Shard

Ursaring- Level 58
    Guts
    Thrash, Faint Attack, Earthquake, Rest

Drapion- Level 60
    Sniper
    Crunch, Cross Poison, Bug Bite, Ice Fang

Defeat Dialogue:

O: No way! Two kids handed it to us?!

Closing Speech:

O: Simpson, We better split and get outta here before these guys call the cops!

Sampson: Agreed, Let's bolt! (Both run off)

Rival: Well, those guys were strange... Hey, there's some items that they left behind in their machine! There's two of each item, so here, have some, (username)! (Obtained the Sacred Ash! Obtained the Life Orb! Obtained TM 46! Obtained the Reaper Cloth! Obtained 2 Rare Candies! Obtained the PP Max!) I'd like to stay and examine this painting a little bit more. Continue on your journey, (username), and good luck!

Fifth Encounter:

Opening Speech: You'll never guess what happened to me after that day in the cave, (username). That picture led me to hunt down the legendary Pokemon Regigigas. I was successful in capturing the monstrous king of the golems that required protection in the picture. With Regigigas, I can summon the three legendary golems at my command and have them do what I want! I have the ultimate power, and nobody, not even you, can stop me now!! Fear the power of Regigigas!

Pokemon
    :

Staraptor @ Choice Band
    Level 78
    - Intimidate
    Jolly Nature, 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Close Combat, Brave Bird, Return, U-Turn

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Levitate- Level 80
    Modest Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Fire, Protect

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
    Solid Rock- Level 82
    Impish Nature- 244 HP/ 184 Def/ 80 SpD
    Earthquake, Rock Blast, Megahorn, Avalanche

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Clear Body
    - Level 86
    Jolly Nature- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Meteor Mash, Agility, Fire Punch, Earthquake

OR

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
    Sand Veil
    - Level 84
    Adamant Nature- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Earthquake, Outrage, Substitute, Swords Dance

OR

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
    Sand Stream
    - Level 84
    Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Fire Punch, Crunch

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal- Level 88

Facade
    Earthquake
    Zen Headbutt
    Superpower

Comments: Regigigas gained a new ability just to make this battle extremely hard for the player. This ability does not pertain to any normal Regigigas.

Team Strategy: This is a basic hyper offensive team that relies on knocking out the player as quickly as possible. Staraptor will mainly use U-Turn throughout the course of the battle to switch to the appropriate answer to what the player has in. Gengar can revenge kill but also defend itself from Pursuit users with Protect. Rhyperior is the bulky portion of the team, but can still hit for a large amount of damage. The starter is the set-up sweeper that tears through as much as it can in preparation for Regigigas, who only needs one turn to set up Toxic Orb, heal damage with its ability, and sweep with a boosted Facade attack.

Defeat Dialogue: ... No!!.... What?!... Impossible!... How did this happen?!

Closing Speech
    : Somehow... even with all of my power... you were still able to defeat me... how is that so?? I guess for you, power isn't everything.... I should learn a thing or two from you... Fine. I release this Regigigas back into the wild where it belongs, and I will continue to train, but I will attempt to train as you have. ... Thank you for showing me my hubris, (username). Farewell.

Sixth Encounter

Opening Speech: (username)! I'm glad that I was able to catch you before you challenged the Elite Four. I wanted to thank you one last time for awakening me. I have trained in what I believed to be the same way that you have trained, and have grown to be one of the best trainers in the region. I'd like to prove to you how much better I have become, (username), with a battle. However, this one is for real. This battle will decide who is truly the better trainer.

Pokemon:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
    Level 102
    - Intimidate
    Jolly Nature, 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Close Combat, Brave Bird, Return, U-Turn

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Levitate- Level 102
    Modest Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Fire, Protect

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
    Solid Rock- Level 102
    Impish Nature- 244 HP/ 184 Def/ 80 SpD
    Earthquake, Rock Blast, Megahorn, Avalanche

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Magnet Pull- Level 102
    Timid Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Fire, Flash Cannon, Explosion

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Natural Cure- Level 103
    Timid Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Recover

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Clear Body
    - Level 105
    Meteor Mash, Agility, Fire Punch, Earthquake

OR

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
    Sand Veil
    - Level 104
    Earthquake, Outrage, Substitute, Swords Dance

OR

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
    Sand Stream
    - Level 104
    Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Fire Punch, Crunch

Team Strategy: This team is focused around a sweep by the starter of the team, all of which have similar counters. While Staraptor scouts for the team, Gengar supplies speed support and can revenge kill. Magnezone traps Steel types that can wall the sweepers and slams them with its powerful attacks. Rhyperior can handle several of the top walls that wish to threaten the sweepers, and Starmie helps Rhyperior to finish off the job. The starter is then free to set up and sweep the player's team at the end of the battle.

Defeat Dialogue: I simply am completely unable to defeat you at all, (username). You are truly a much better trainer than me.

Closing Speech: I was wrong to believe that I could defeat you with your own style when I am still adjusting to it. Is this the end of my journey? Of course not. I will continue to train and grow as a Trainer. However, here is not the place. I will travel several regions in search of a place to train in peace. Until then, farewell, (username). Perhaps one day, our paths will cross again.

I apologize that most of this is not in spoiler tags, but my computer is deleting the text every time I try to wrap it in spoilers, so I just left it as is.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    You know what? Hometown Rival events can be awesome, so I'm going to do the Hometown Rival, but not the Free Rival. (Why? Well, I don't know, I just don't want to do it.) Expect a post in a day or two.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    As for the level-gap, I do agree that it is a bit too wide. Being the slightly egosentric person that I am, perhaps an adequate challenge and counterpart at the time would be meeting the rival just as you're about to battle the king of the regis, Reggigigas? After all, the rival has sided up with the losing part in the conflict, and seeing the power behind the rivalry between the two leaders, he might just well decide "screw this, if ONE of the trio is that important, why shouldn't I go for the BIG cash?"

Just throwing in some ideas. I'll see what I can do to make a very annoying rival...

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I like the idea; it will be the new 5th encounter. Here are the reqs:

Hometown Rival - Fifth Encounter
    You encounter your rival outside the resting place of Regigas. He has it under his control and wants to show it how strong of a trainer he is by beating you. It doesn't have Slow Start; this Regigas has Intimidate. If you win, your rival hands over the special Regigas. (Ooh, imagine how overpowered an Intimidate Regigas would be.)

The Hometown Rival's team has: 5 Pokemon (4 + Regigas). The level range is: 64 - 71. You DON'T need competitive movesets or a team strategy. This will be added to the rival OP. I like how we've built from Skip & your storyline =).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    This is turning out to be a pretty interesting storyline lol. We should top it off with a tag battle with the boss and your rival against you and the criminal rival who decides to repent. You are fighting for the control of Arceus, who the rival was able to summon somehow.

Anyways, I was wondering what you thought of my starter choices. I was going for psuedo legendaries that could match up well against at least one of the other starters. I might put Beldum in over Bagon, but Beldum only learns Take Down, which is a huge drawback.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Well, you could possibly add in a trade in-game that goes like "Hi, I have a Beldum, but I don't really want it... do you want to trade for a Bagon?" (of course, at this stage, Bagon should be off-limits by far) - and make it so that the rival trades his Bagon. Who said they aren't allowed to trade? They do that in the anime, so.. :P

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Well, you could possibly add in a trade in-game that goes like "Hi, I have a Beldum, but I don't really want it... do you want to trade for a Bagon?" (of course, at this stage, Bagon should be off-limits by far) - and make it so that the rival trades his Bagon. Who said they aren't allowed to trade? They do that in the anime, so.. :P

I think I get what you are saying. Since Eos Aduro made a Psychic Gym Submission, I can add in the dialogue there. Something maybe like this:

(Upon leaving gym after having received the badge(only if the rival has Bagon for a starter))

Rival: Hey, (user name), its been a while! Did you just get your third badge? Congratulations! However, I'm still quite a bit ahead of you. I beat the gym leader and saw you walk in soon afterwards. That gym leader was one kind person, I'll tell you. She traded a special Metang to me for my Bagon! I don't know why she wants one, but this Metang is definitely for keeps! Well, I should go start training it! See you around!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Actually, if you make it that way, remember to "overlevel" the Beldum/Metang/Metagross compared to the rest of his/her team, traded pokes gain exp faster, remember (:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    ... Since you two seem to have something going on, I will not do the Hometown Rival. (Mainly because I don't have the motivation to make one. Don't worry, I'll still be going into the Contest and Criminal Rivals.)

Back