• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    I can hopefully get the contest rival in, but I was wondering about this, if we do rivals, then maybe Battle Frontier Brains, would there be anything else? Like designing the region itself?

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I'm sorry about my inactivity - my week has been incredibly busy. Just to answer some questions, he would be facing them in actual battles, but you could still make contest movesets if you wanted. As to the question regarding what happens after that, I don't know - the game doesn't take it past the Frontier, so unless anyone has ideas for what would come after that, the project likely ends there.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Maci, your sig is outdated by at least one round. About what level can we expect the final match with the contest rival to be?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    The gyms, Elite 4 and Champion are finished, as are Hometown and Criminal rivals. As far as I know, the only two positions that are open are Contest Rival, and Free Rival, but they haven't started yet.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    The gyms, Elite 4 and Champion are finished, as are Hometown and Criminal rivals. As far as I know, the only two positions that are open are Contest Rival, and Free Rival, but they haven't started yet.

I think Maci is also planning on creating a Battle Frontier after the Rivals are done. But yea, just wait around until Maci starts up the Contest Rival.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Well, nobody said that the contest rival had to be good at contests...

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nice to see we have some new faces =] Sorry for the one week delay in getting contest rival up -- my schedule has been kind of busy. Yes I will be doing a Battle Frontier, and I already have my submission for the Frontier head done (as in I'll actually get it in on time =P). I'm gonna fix my sig and everything tomorrow, so check here tomorrow for all the info you'll need for the Contest Rival.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey guys, looks like we have some competition in a new project now! Let's show 'em who's boss =P.

Anyways, now for the (very late) information on Contest Rival.
    ==============================================
    Contest Rival
    Rival Type - The Contest Rival is the Rival that you fight once at each Contest Hall. They get progressively harder in each contest. You fight them competitively, meaning that they have competitive movesets under the terms that whoever wins the battle gets to enter the contest. If you lose a battle, you fight them again the next day.

Team Type - The Contest Rival is a competitive battler with varied types of pokemon. An idea of mine was to have a pokemon on the team for each category in the contests (Cool, Beauty, Cute, etc.), though you could also have the team focus on one aspect; it is up to you.

Level Ranges
    Normal Contest - Level 20-28 [Team Contains: 2 Pokemon]
    Super Contest - Level 36-42 [Team Contains: 4 Pokemon]
    Hyper Contest - Level 50-59 [Team Contains: 4 Pokemon]
    Master Contest - Level 72-78 [Team Contains: 5 Pokemon]
    Champion Contest - Level 90-98 [Team Contains: 6 Pokemon]

In other words; THE CONTEST RIVAL IS NOW OPEN!
    Poll
    I believe I owe some results here:

SKIP SHOT WINS ELITE 4 (4)!
    SKIP SHOT WINS HOMETOWN RIVAL!

Cleaning up much, Skip? Anyways, you know that you can beat him, and I think my new voting system will help get around trends. Congratz Skippy! Oh and Skippy I like your use of my RMT team for Criminal Rival; veryyyy sneaky. Too bad you won't be able to use my upcoming one; it's UU =].

Kay so it's time for the poll, but I'm gonna explain my new system. PM me your vote. Damn, that was challenging. In other words, do not post your vote here, the whole point of PMing me the vote is so people aren't influenced by voting trends, and it also leaves contestants in a lot more suspense. Remember, you are allowed to vote even if you don't actively participate in the project; the whole project is about seeing what the community likes in a hack best.

POLL

I would go so far as to say that this is the best round we have ever had in the project. All the submissions were fantastic, and consequently they were all selected for the poll. Click on their name links to see just their rival (New trick. Spiffy, right?)

Skip Shot' Submission
    Raekuul's Submission
    Zeta Dimentio's Submission

They are all incredible; I don't know how we're gonna pick (I'm voting too now that it's a PM thing).

EDIT: Updated the Rival OP

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Hmm... So now I need to consider natures with the movesets...

Ugh, this will take me a lot more thought than Hibino did.

Naturally, I vote for [CENSORED]

I think Daichi will be running on Rule of Cool for his contest teams, though.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Raekuul - Hm? Why natures? It's still a competitive team. I guess if your fulfilling the Cool characteristic you wouldn't want a Timid pokemon; I see your point. Well I guess that means you'll have to put some more thought into it =P. I won't be upset if you end up having to allow pokemon certain natures to maintain competitive viability though. On a side note, please vote via PM; I don't want influenced trends.

Gold1222 - There are several threads going on that are similar to this one, not singling any out =P. There's no type of pokemon for a contest; for Cute contests you could use any pokemon you think are cute, Cool use ones you think are cool, etc.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    The way that the Contest Rival turns out this time looks pretty cool. I think I can incorporate it pretty well into the style of contests! I may create a rival depending on how much time I have to make one.

Oh, and thanks Maci, I really liked the idea of Team Casablanca, and how the use of the legendaries on the team could incorporate into my storyline, so I decided to use it.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    so, do we include script for contest rival? and when is this supposed to be posted by?

You include Dialogue, Pokemon used, levels, movesets, possible items, strategies for the last encounter, etc. in one post. You get one from week from yesterday to post it up.

Speaking of which, I'll be reserving this post for what may become a Contest Rival submission, which I'm not sure I'm going to do yet based on time and IRL stuff.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Ok, here is my entry. Here it is:

Contest Rival Entry
    Name: Bryson
    Focuses on: Cute/Cool Pokemon
    Appearance: Tall, skinny teenager with blonde hair. He wears a plain white T-shirt with a maroon zip-up sweatshirt jacket. He wears plain jeans.

First Encounter: Contest Hall #1

Opening Speech: Ah! Bonjour, my new found friend. Are you here to take part in this contest? You are! Great! Let us test our competitive skills with a battle!

Team-
    Eevee (F) Lv. 26
    Adaptability

Headbutt
    Shadow Ball
    Scary Face
    Double Team

Grovyle (F) Lv. 28 @Miracle Seed
    Overgrow

Leaf Blade
    Screech
    Poison Jab
    Fury Cutter

Closing Speech: Well then. I see you are fit for gym battles!

After-Battle Speech: Wow! You are good, but contests aren't only about battles you know. You need strategy, too! I hope to see you at the next contest. Farewell, until next time. Wait, I didn't get your name! [Name], well that's nice. Now, farewell.

Second Encounter: Contest Hall #2

Opening Speech: [Name]! You're here. I knew you'd come. Let us battle. The winner gets to compete in this contest. Ready? OK, let's go!

Team-
    Eevee (F) Lv. 38
    Adaptability

Shadow Ball
    Bite
    Double Team
    Scary Face

Pikachu (F) Lv. 40 @Light Ball
    Static

Thunderbolt
    Double Team
    Iron Tail
    Agility

Mantyke (M) Lv. 37
    Water Absorb

Water Veil
    Water Pulse
    Rain Dance
    Wing Attack

Sceptile (F) Lv. 41 @Miracle Seed
    Overgrow

Poison Jab
    Leaf Blade
    Swords Dance
    Detect

Closing Speech: Aw. I lost again. Maybe next time.

After-Battle Speech: Well, you won. Again. I guess there is nothing else to talk about. Farewell, again.

Third Encounter: Contest Hall #3

Opening Speech: Well, here you are. Still doing contests I see. Well, let's battle.
    Team-
    Vaporeon (F) Lv. 53 @Mystic Water
    Water Absorb

Surf
    Water Veil
    Ice Beam
    Rain Dance

Mantine (M) Lv. 55 @Mystic Water
    Water Absorb

Water Veil
    Wing Attack
    Surf
    Rain Dance

Pikachu (M) Lv. 56 @Light Ball
    Static

Thunderbolt
    Volt Tackle
    Iron Tail
    Light Screen

Sceptile (F) Lv.58 @Miracle Seed
    Overgrow

Night Slash
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Detect

Closing Speech: Not again!

After-Battle Speech: Well, you are a star competitive trainer, [Name]. I hope to see
    you again. And when I do, I will defeat you!

Fourth Encounter: Contest Hall #4

Opening Speech: Once again, we meet. I will defeat you with my new team!
    Team-
    Vaporeon (F) Lv. 75 @Mystic Water
    Water Absorb

Surf
    Blizzard
    Water Veil
    Rain Dance

Mantine (M) Lv. 74 @Mystic Water
    Water Absorb

Surf
    Rain Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Water Veil

Raichu (F) Lv. 76 @Light Ball
    Static

Volt Tackle
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Double Team

Sceptile (F) Lv. 77 @Miracle Seed
    Overgrow

Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance
    Thunder Punch

Weavile (M) Lv. 78 @Razor Claw
    Pressure

Ice Punch
    Night Slash
    Brick Break
    Swords Dance

Closing Speech: You.. You beat my Weavile?! How?

After-Battle Speech: Well, that was spectacular! You beat my new team, and Weavile was my ace! I can't believe it. But. There is still the Champion Contest. Will I see you there? I hope so.

Final Encounter: Champion Contest

Opening Speech: [Name]! You're here. I knew you'd be. Ha ha! Let's do one final battle. Just to prepare for the competitive round.

Team-
    Delcatty (F) Lv. 94
    Cute Charm

Assist
    Body Slam
    Charm
    Double Edge

Sceptile (F) Lv. 93 @Miracle Seed
    Overgrow

Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance
    Thunder Punch

Raichu (M) Lv. 97 @Light Ball
    Static

Thunder
    Volt Tackle
    Double Team
    Rain Dance

Vaporeon (F) Lv. 96 @Mystic Water
    Water Absorb

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Water Veil
    Rain Dance

Mantine (M) Lv. 92 @Mystic Water
    Water Absorb

Surf
    Aerial Ace
    Rain Dance
    Water Veil

Weavile (M) Lv. 98 @Razor Claw
    Pressure

Night Slash
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Swords Dance

Closing Speech: Wow! You are ready for this contest.

After-Battle Speech: Well, congrats! You are the true competitive battler. I hope you win in this contest. Who knows, we may see each other again someday, [Name]. I really hope so!

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I see that you chose Contest movesets (I think), which I applaud you for (they are harder to find). However, the formatting needs some work; people tend to not read things at are in all BOLD, so tone it down a little bit? Look at any of the entries from last round to see good examples of formatting.

Back