• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Heavenly AMV Contest [NYE THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

The Heavenly AMV Contest

Do you feel you are a talented video editor? Or maybe you just enjoy it? Even if you don't feel you are good, but want to take part in 'The Heavenly AMV Contest' then be mine (Captain Fabio) and Pachy's guests!
    There will be first, second and third prize emblems, awarded to the best 3 AMVs, voted for by you, as well as a participant emblem for everyone who enters the contest.

The way the contest will be run, is we will ask you to create your OWN AMV. We feel that asking you to create one based around a christmas/new year theme would be a tough ask, since there aren't many Animes that make festive episodes.

Round #1: 29th to the 1st. This is a short amount of time, but it should be enough for you to make an AMV.
    Round #1 voting: 1st to the 2nd. This is where you will be voting for your favorite video.

What are the Rules?

The rules for this event are very simple.
    • You have to create your own video.
    • There must be evidence that the video is yours, an example of this would be to have your Pokecommunity username at the start or end of the video and saying this video is for the event.
    • That the video is over 1 minute long.
    • Try an actually edit the video clips and not just dump 20-30 second long clips in.
    • No sexual themes or anything that would normally go against the forum rules

Posting Format and Example

Ok, so if you would like to enter the contest, all you need to do is post your video. If you want to let us know that you are going to be entering, just simply post that you are to enter and then edit your post later on once you have finished the video.

An example of how to structure your post.

Username: Captain Fabio
    Name of Video: Bleach AMV
    Anime/s used: Bleach
    Song used: Spitfire - The Prodigy
    Or link if not on youtube: N/A​

If you have a problem posting the Youtube video, this is the way.

1. Take the Link of the video, for example, "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TbSgNi0QE"
    2. Take the code AFTER 'watch', for example, "v=o8TbSgNi0QE"
    3. Then, remove the '=' and replace with '/'. So it looks like "v/o8TbSgNi0QE"
    4. Then, wrap the youtube tags around it. [ youtube ] v/o8TbSgNi0QE [ / youtube] (Just remove the spaces from the example.

If your video gets deleted...

If your video should be deleted from youtube and won't be allowed back up, don't panic. What you can do is upload your video to a website, for example, www.megavideo.com or www.mediafire.com.
    The first will act like youtube, and the second link is to upload the whole file for me and Pachy to view.

If you do have this problem, please, let me or Pachy know as soon as possible. We will do what we can to extend your time.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or Pachy.

Have fun, enjoy and good luck.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Count me in! I'll modify this post once I get my video done. Good luck to everyone else who is entering.

Username: AshPikastar
    Name of Video: Purple Lines
    Anime/s used: Pokemon DP
    Song used: Purple Lines
    Artist: DBSK

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I'll try and join the event like last summer. ;) It depends if I have the time or not. Hopefully, I will.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Just one question: Can we make one using a video game (i.e. cutscenes) or does it have to be strictly anime?

Either way I'll still be entering

EDIT: Finished it so here it is and it's my first one~:

Username: Sammyskitty
    Name of Video: Aim for the Head - High School of the Dead AMV
    Anime/s used: High School of the Dead
    Song used: Aim for the Head - Creature Feature

Last edited:
    Years
    Just one question: Can we make one using a video game (i.e. cutscenes) or does it have to be strictly anime?

Either way I'll still be entering

Well, I am sure you know the meaning of AMV so The contest is Anime. However, adding aspects of a game isn't going to be marked down. I have seen many AMV's that don't just have Anime in. As long as the main body is Anime, I am sure it will be fine.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    There are two topics. I'm assuming this is the main one..

Years
    Yes, sorry about the confusion.
    The other topic will be deleted shortly.

Yes, sorry about the confusion.

The duplicate will be deleted soon.

Last edited:

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Sounds fun to join.
    But question: My AMV is around 30 mins long. Is that allowed?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Will see if I can get one done in time. Got work tonight and tomorrow though so it going to be a hard push to get it all done.

Going to use some one piece that i downloaded. Glad my dl of eps 1-400 finished last night now :)

Will see if I can get one done in time. Got work tonight and tomorrow though so it going to be a hard push to get it all done.

Going to use some one piece that i downloaded. Glad my dl of eps 1-400 finished last night now :)

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I guess I might join this one, it'll be strange entering instead of Hosting this time. xD

Q1: Does it have to be Christmas/New year themed?
    Q2: Can we enter with old videos we've made before?
    Q3: If we can, I have a video, but it's 57seconds long, is that okay? It only three little seconds...

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Username: Me2Hack
    Name of Video: Prelude to Darkness
    Anime/s used: Bleach
    Song used: E.S Posthumus: Unstoppable || E.S Posthumus: Indra

Highly recommended watching in HD

Last edited:
    Years
    I guess I might join this one, it'll be strange entering instead of Hosting this time. xD

Q1: Does it have to be Christmas/New year themed?
    Q2: Can we enter with old videos we've made before?
    Q3: If we can, I have a video, but it's 57seconds long, is that okay? It only three little seconds...

A1: No it does not.
    A2: Yes you can as long as you have proof that it is yours
    A3: I am sorry, rules are rules. Has to be over a minute.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Alright, well computer is away being repaired so I can only enter with an old AMV.

Username: Mew~
    Name of Video: Pokemon - Hero's come back!
    Anime/s used: Pokémon
    Song used: Nobody Knows
    - hero's come back

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Here's my AMV
    Username: MEGAS
    Name of Video: Umbreon AMV~Whispers In The Dark
    Anime/s used: Pokemon
    Song used: Skillet - Whispers In The Dark

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Here's my AMV
    Username: MEGAS
    Name of Video: Umbreon AMV~Whispers In The Dark
    Anime/s used: Pokemon
    Song used: Skillet - Whispers In The Dark
    You joined with that exact AMV in the last get-together and you also came in second (only because of my vote ;) ) There has to be a rule against that?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Hm, well my program isn't working so I guess I'll use an old AMV--if, that's okay. It's a pretty silly one but it still fits some parts. XD

Username: Destiny Demon
    Name of Video: Naruto Girls AMV - Tik Tok
    Anime/s used: Naruto
    Song Used: Tik Tok by Ke$ha

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    You joined with that exact AMV in the last get-together and you also came in second (only because of my vote ;) ) There has to be a rule against that?

Yeah, I noticed. Idk if there is a rule against using the same AMV again so yeah. And I got few AMV left after copyright deleted alot of them and all of them are less than 1 min. lol

Years
    Yeah, I noticed. Idk if there is a rule against using the same AMV again so yeah. And I got few AMV left after copyright deleted alot of them and all of them are less than 1 min. lol

I will have to step in and say that you can't use an AMV that you posted last year. Sorry that this wasn't clarified in the rules but I didn't think anyone would do this.

Sorry MEGAS but you will have to enter a new AMV. If it has been deleted on Youtube, you can upload it to the sites I provided in my first post and send me the link?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back