• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Gym

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Bay, Liam's new persona sure is interesting. Maybe he should have used a different name, though. :O

And yes, there was a lot of build up to Roxanne sleeping with SOMEONE by the end of the night. Poor Brock; he's so unlucky with love! Will he ever find someone?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Episode 7: The Fangirl​

INT. CELADON HOTEL ROOM

BROCK is sitting on his bed. ROXANNE has gotten dressed, though ROARK has only bothered to put his boxers on.

ROXANNE
I really don't know how to explain this.

BROCK
I'm not sure if I want to hear it.

ROARK
I can explain it! Roxanne asked me if I wanted to have sex, and I never turn anyone down for anything, so I said, "Yes"!

ROXANNE
Roark...

ROARK
What? I think I did a pretty great job explaining the situation!

ROXANNE
Brock, I'm sorry. Obviously my judgment is a bit... um... cloudy or something? I drank too much.

BROCK
Maybe you should just get back to your room for the night.

ROXANNE
That's a good idea. I'll see you two in the morning.​

ROXANNE leaves the room.

ROARK
We sure had a lot of fun!

BROCK
Shut it, Roark.​

The next morning, BROCK and ROARK wake up and start preparing for the program they are hosting.

ROARK
Are you ready for this? I've never hosted a program before, never mind co-hosting a program! We should make a great team!

BROCK
Roark, do you even realize that you slept with the girl I wanted to sleep with last night?

ROARK
Oh, you like Roxanne? She sure is nice!

BROCK (TALKING HEAD)
Roark isn't very good at picking up hints. One time he visited the Pewter City Gym and he wouldn't leave. I showed him the door and told him it was in working order. He stayed for an hour after that.​

INT. PEWTER CITY GYM OFFICE

LIAM is in the bathroom as the phone rings. LIAM hears the phone and rushes to answer it.

LIAM (OFF CAMERA)
Crap! I didn't even get a chance to wipe!​

LIAM enters the office but is too late. The call goes to the message machine.

GLADYS (VOICE ONLY)
Brock, this is Gladys. I'm swinging by the gym later today. There's something we have to discuss about our interview. I'll see you soon.

LIAM
This sucks. Hopefully Regis will be able to scare her away from the gym. Anyway, I better finish up.​

LIAM exits the office to go back into the bathroom.

INT. CELADON HOTEL LOBBY

BROCK and ROARK meet ROXANNE in the lobby.

ROARK
Roxanne! Hi! Are you going to our program today?

ROXANNE
I may. Brock, can I have a word with you?

BROCK
Sure.​

BROCK and ROXANNE walk off into a corner of the lobby.

ROXANNE
Brock, I'm really sorry about last night. It was embarrassing for me. I only did what I did last night because I was drunk.

BROCK (T.H.)
In girl speak, that means she totally regrets not sleeping with me.

BROCK
I understand. Everybody makes mistakes.

ROXANNE
Thanks. I really regret it.

ROXANNE (T.H.)
I hope Brock understands that I'm just apologizing for when he walked in on us last night. I'm not sure if I'm really into him or not.​

BROCK and ROXANNE walk back over to ROARK.

ROARK
I hope you guys had a nice chat! Now where are we getting breakfast? I want to go to the Pancake Palace!

BROCK
Fine, we can go there.

ROARK
Yay!​

INT. PANCAKE PALACE

BROCK, ROXANNE, and ROARK are sitting at a table. A WAITRESS walks over to serve the three their pancakes. The three begin to start eating.

ROARK
These pancakes are great!

ROXANNE
They're okay. Definitely not the best I've ever eaten, though.

ROARK (T.H.)
These pancakes ARE the best I've ever eaten, but that's only because I don't think I've ever eaten pancakes before.

ROARK
So anyway, what are we going to go over during our program, Brock?

BROCK
Well, I had some remarks prepared, but now that we're working together, I guess I'll scrap those and come up with something new.

ROARK
You don't have to do that! What did you have written down? I want to hear it!

BROCK
There's a problem though. I started my speech off with "Hello everyone. My name is Brock. I'm a Rock type trainer and the gym leader of Pewter City. Today I will talk to you about," and you see, the problem there is that I used the word "I", but since both of us are doing the program, I should have used "we". It's salvageable. Also, I definitely wrote a lot more than that. I just didn't feel like reading it all.

ROARK
I'm not going to make you do anything you don't want to do, so we can say some other stuff!

BROCK
Yes! That's perfect!

BROCK (T.H.)
I really dodged a bullet there.​

INT. CELADON HOTEL LOBBY

BROCK, ROXANNE, and ROARK come back from breakfast and enter the lobby. ALICE is standing by a bespectacled girl with her brown hair in pigtails , ELIZABETH, and is relieved to see BROCK finally enter.

ALICE
Brock! Thank Arceus you're here!

ELIZABETH
Brock's here?! Yay!​

ELIZABETH starts jumping up and down, and then runs toward BROCK.

ELIZABETH
Brock! Brock! I'm your biggest fan! I'm Elizabeth! I think you're the best! You are the best gym leader!

BROCK
Um...​

ALICE walks over.

ALICE
Oh, I'm so sorry about this, Brock. This girl tracked me down this morning and demanded to meet you. I didn't know how to get rid of her, so I figured my only choice was to just let her meet you.

ALICE (T.H.)
Fans are the worst. They just walk up to you and start barking orders like they're the master of the universe instead of the master of their parents' basement!

ELIZABETH
I'm so excited to meet you, Brock! You are a gym leader! You are the gym leader of Pewter City! You use Rock types, which are strong against Fire types!

BROCK
Those are all... facts about me.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
When I get excited, I just start rambling off! Like you're a cameraman! You're filming this interview! It's your job!

ROARK
Hi Elizabeth! I'm Roark! I'm also a Rock type gym leader! I'll be running the program with Brock later today.

ELIZABETH
Who's this guy?

ALICE
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, Brock, but this girl is one of the only people who bought a ticket to your program.

ELIZABETH
I don't want anyone sharing the stage with Brock! I bought that ticket to the program with my money! It was an affordable ticket!

BROCK
You can watch me during the program, then. Don't we have to prepare now, Roark?

BROCK (T.H.)
I don't like rabid fans. They're like rabid Growlithes, except rabid fans don't bite... well, most of them.

ROARK
That's sounds like a great idea! We'll see you later, Roxanne!

ROXANNE
Good luck! I'll probably check in on your program later.​

BROCK and ROARK walk away, leaving ROXANNE, ELIZABETH, and ALICE.

ELIZABETH
Who are you, lady?

ROXANNE
I'm Roxanne. I'm the gym leader of Rustboro City, and I'm friends with Brock and Roark.

ELIZABETH
Are you Brock's girlfriend? You better not be Brock's girlfriend! I want to be Brock's girlfriend!

ROXANNE
Okay...​

INT. CELADON HOTEL CONVENTION STAGE

BROCK and ROARK are sitting at a table up on a stage. No one else has entered the auditorium yet.

BROCK
Roark, I have a question. Did you have any idea that I like Roxanne?

ROARK
Oh, of course I did! What's not to like about her?

BROCK
Well, by "like", I guess I really meant "want to have sex with".

ROARK
Oh, I figured that too. I thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal because you want to have sex with basically every girl anyway!

BROCK
Are you serious? Yes, I do want to have sex with anyone that gets a seven or higher on my scale, but Roxanne is like a ten! You were out of line!

ROARK (T.H.)
I'm starting to think I did something wrong...​

INT. PEWTER CITY GYM ARENA

There is a knock on the door, and LIAM opens it to find GLADYS waiting for him. GLADYS walks right into the gym.

GLADYS
Liam, where's Brock?

LIAM
Who the hell is Liam?!

GLADYS
What are you even talking about? I'm not here to play games. I need to talk to Brock right now!

LIAM
My name is Regis! You got a problem with that or something, lady?

GLADYS
What I do have a problem with is how difficult it is to get a straight answer out of anyone at this gym! And who the hell is Regis?! Your name is Liam!

LIAM
I've never heard of this Liam, but he sounds like a real loser. I told you, my name's Regis!

GLADYS
Regis... dammit! It was you! You petulant little ****!​

LIAM is now visibly shaken.

LIAM
What are you talking about?

GLADYS
The day my tape of the Brock interview was erased, my editor told me some kid named Regis accused me of shady journalism! And then, just the other day, I find a message on the bottom of my desk. And you know what it said? Liam was here! Except "was" was spelled wrong!

LIAM
I... don't get where you're going with this.

GLADYS
Stop trying to deny this, Liam! You went to my editor, defamed my character, and then broke into my office and got rid of the tape to protect Brock! I bet he put you up to it, too!

LIAM
Um... I don't think any of that happened.

GLADYS
Really? You want to play this game?! Well, wherever the hell Brock is, you can tell him he can't hide forever, because I'm going to drag his *** into court!​

GLADYS storms out of the gym, slamming the door shut.

LIAM
Um...

LIAM (T.H.)
I don't think I'll tell Brock any of that. It's for the best, right?
INT. CELADON HOTEL CONVENTION STAGE

BROCK and ROARK are still sitting on stage, but now people are filling into the auditorium. ELIZABETH is one of the first people in, and she gets herself a front row seat.

ELIZABETH
Brock! I can't believe you're on stage! You are going to talk to us! You're probably going to talk about Rock type Pokémon! This is amazing!​

BROCK turns to ROARK.

BROCK
Can we get rid of her? She's pretty annoying?

ROARK
I don't see what the problem is.

ROARK (T.H.)
I absolutely love my fans! They're just so nice to me! Some of them even send me stuff, like locks of their hair. The best part about that is that I can donate the hair to make toupees or merkins for people that suffer from hair loss.​

The auditorium is now packed, so BROCK and ROARK decide to begin the program.

ROARK
Hello! It's so nice to see such a great turn out! I'm Roark...

BROCK
And I'm Brock.

ELIZABETH
I love you, Brock!

ROARK
And today we're going to talk to you about our experiences running Rock type gyms.

BROCK
But first, we thought it'd be fun to do a little Q and A, so anyone who has any questions can line up behind the microphone right there-​

BROCK points to a microphone in between columns of seats in the auditorium.

BROCK
-and you can ask us whatever you want.​

ELIZABETH runs up to be the first person at the microphone, and others follow.

ELIZABETH
Hi, I just want to say that you're my favorite, Brock! I love you! And I guess my question would be... um... will you marry me?

BROCK
Uh... no. Next question.​

ELIZABETH goes to her seat, somewhat disappointed, while a MAN takes the microphone.

MAN
Hello, I have a question for the guy in the hard hat.

ROARK
That would be me.

MAN
Yeah, why are you wearing a hard hat? It's not like you're doing any mining now.

ROARK
That is a great question. You see, I had sex last night, and it really messed up my hair. I didn't feel like putting a lot of effort into fixing it up this morning, so I just put my hard hat on.

MAN
That makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

MAN (T.H.)
That was a satisfactory answer. Hey, while you're recording me, I may as well tell you something fun. You know what else I call hard hats? Condoms.​

A WOMAN now takes the microphone.

WOMAN
I have a question for both of you.

BROCK
Go ahead.

WOMAN
What kind of mileage is good on a used car? I went to the dealership last week but I think the salesman was lying to me.

BROCK
I don't see how that's relevant at all.

ROARK
Oh, don't worry, I got this one! Usually you don't want to buy a used car that has more than 80,000 miles on it.

WOMAN
Ah, the salesman was lying to me. Figures.​

The WOMAN leaves, and a GIRL now takes the microphone.

GIRL
First off I just want to thank both of you for being here! It's so nice of you!

ROARK
Why thank you, little lady!

BROCK
You're welcome.

GIRL
Anyway... my question is... hm... I don't know what to ask!

ROARK
Don't get nervous! You can ask us whatever you'd like!

GIRL
Okay! What's your favorite color?

BROCK
Brown.

ROARK
Brown.

GIRL
Oh...​

The GIRL walks away and is replace by DALLAS.

DALLAS
I finally found ya' at last, Brock!

ROARK
Oh, do you know this gentleman already?

BROCK
Yeah, he's a real jackass.

DALLAS
Ya' know, some fella at the gym tried to trick me, but I ain't falling for anything!

BROCK
Do you have a question?

DALLAS
Now wait just a darn minute! Yeah, I do got a question! I want to throw down with yer Pokémon!

ROARK
Did he ask that question yet?

BROCK
No. I guess if he really wants to battle me, we can do it right here on stage.

BROCK (T.H.)
Normally I would never battle, especially not in public, but this guy was annoying me, and I figured I could make an *** out of him in front of everyone.

ROARK
I'll ref, then!​

DALLAS climbs up on stage, and he heads opposite to BROCK on the stage. ROARK moves off to the side.

ELIZABETH
Good luck, Brock! You're in a battle! You will win the battle! I know it!

ROARK
So how many Pokémon will you be using?

DALLAS
I don't got any Pokémon! I got my fists! Houston and San Antonio never failed me before!

ROARK
Uh... are you okay with this, Brock?

BROCK
It's exactly why I accepted his challenge in the first place. Geodude, go!​

BROCK throws a Pokéball to release his GEODUDE.

GEODUDE
Geo, geo!

DALLAS
Heh, ya' really think that there Geodude can stand up to me! We'll see about that, pardner!​

DALLAS runs straight at GEODUDE and throws a punch at it. GEODUDE stays still, but DALLAS is obviously in pain.

DALLAS
Ow! That hurt like a Clefairy with a machete! How could Houston fail me?!

BROCK
Geodude is a Rock type. You basically punched a rock. How did you not see this coming?

DALLAS
My fists are unstoppable, that's how!

ROARK
Well, I'm calling this. Brock wins!

ELIZABETH
Yeah! I knew you could win, Brock!​

DALLAS storms off the stage as BROCK returns GEODUDE to its Pokéball.

DALLAS
I ain't giving up! One day I'll beat ya'!

BROCK
That's not going to happen.

ROARK
I say we end the questions now. I think what this audience really wants is for us to talk about our experiences!

BROCK
Okay. Good. I don't think I can take anymore questions.

BROCK (T.H.)
Really, the questions were more on topic than they have been at previous conventions.

ROARK
Okay, so I've been a gym leader for about one year. Brock, how long have you had the position?

BROCK
I don't know. The time just seems to fly by.

ROARK
But anyway, we're both Rock type trainers! We aren't the only Rock type gym leaders though; there's also Roxanne of Rustboro City. She's very charming!

BROCK
Why would you bring that up?

ROARK
It's just a fun fact I thought I'd bring up.​

ROXANNE enters the auditorium, but BROCK and ROARK don't notice.

BROCK
You're just adding insult to injury! You know that I'm pissed off that you had sex with her!

ROXANNE
Why would you talk about that in front of everyone?!​

Everyone in the auditorium turns around to see the source of the shouting. ROXANNE becomes visibly upset and runs out of the room. BROCK decides to give chase.

BROCK
Dammit! This is all your fault, Roark!​

BROCK exits the room.

ROARK
Anyway, training Rock types is a lot of fun!​

INT. CELADON HOTEL LOBBY

BROCK catches up to ROXANNE in the lobby.

BROCK
Roxanne! Wait!

ROXANNE
No! Get away from me!​

ROXANNE pushes BROCK away.

BROCK
Why are you doing this to me? Why did you sleep with Roark?!

ROXANNE
Brock, you're so immature! Just get over it already! For Arceus's sake, I'm an adult! I'm going to be having casual sex with people; it doesn't mean I'm in love with all of them! You have to blow everything out of proportion!

BROCK
So does that mean I still have a chance with you?

ROXANNE
Don't talk to me right now! I'm out of here!​

ROXANNE storms out of the hotel.

BROCK (T.H.)
Well, she didn't say no. That makes it one of the best interactions with a woman I've ever had! Touchdown!​

ELIZABETH, who had been secretly watching the argument the whole time, decides to approach BROCK.

ELIZABETH
It's okay, Brock. She was a hussy anyway! I'm nice and pure! We should go out sometime!

BROCK
Who are you again?

ELIZABETH
I'm your biggest fan!

BROCK
Oh. What was your name again?

ELIZABETH
It's Elizabeth, silly! How could you forget the future love of your life's name?

BROCK
Future love of my life!? I thought you were my biggest fan?

ELIZABETH
The two aren't mutually exclusive!

BROCK
Okay... well, I have to go now! Hopefully I'll never see you again!

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
The best thing about Brock is his humor! "Hopefully I'll never see you again"? That was hilarious! I know deep down, he loves me!​

INT. CELADON HOTEL ROOM

BROCK is packing his things when ROARK enters the room.

ROARK
You're leaving already?! We still have two more restaurants to try!

BROCK
This weekend was a disaster for me. I just want to get back to the gym.

ROARK
I guess I'll ask Alice to go out to eat with me! She's nice too!

BROCK
I don't want to see Alice right now. I'm not sure if I'd be able to explain that outburst during the program.​

As if on cue, ALICE barges into the room.

ALICE
Brock, what the hell happened during your program?! I heard it was a total train wreck!

BROCK
I may have yelled at Roark for sleeping with a woman I had the hots for. It's no big deal.

ALICE
No big deal?! Brock, it's a big deal! People ate it up! Apparently everyone loves a good disaster. I was worried that it'd end up as a PR disaster, but if something like that will get more butts into seats, I'm willing to get you and Roark to come back to host another program next year!

BROCK
Oh! Well...

ROARK
Of course we'll do it!

BROCK
I'm not sure.

ALICE
Think about it. If you do accept, I'll make sure that the open bar is a lot better than it has been. We've been watering the drinks down since last year so that we can spend less money on alcohol.

BROCK (T.H.)
I knew it!

BROCK
Well, I'll give it some thought. As for now, I'm leaving. Alice, it was nice seeing you again. Roark... I saw you again. Bye.​

BROCK leaves the room.

ROARK
Alice, do you want to go out to eat with me?

ALICE
I'd love to!

BROCK (T.H.)
What a convention! There was sex, alcohol, and intrigue! I only wish that some of the sex involved me.​

BROCK enters the gym with his suitcases to find LIAM waiting for him.

LIAM
You're finally back, sir!

BROCK
I am! Did you do a good job taking care of the gym?

LIAM
Of course I did! I didn't hand out a single badge! How did the convention go, sir?

BROCK
It was okay. The good news is that the open bar will be a lot better next year. Now then, did anything important happen when I was gone?

LIAM
Um... nothing! Nothing important at all!

LIAM (T.H.)
Hey, I'm not technically lying, because... hm... I don't consider lawsuits important! Yup, that's it! And now that I somehow justified it, I can sleep easy!​

All of a sudden, ELIZABETH barges into the gym.

ELIZABETH
Brock! It's you! This is your gym! I'm so excited to be here!

LIAM
Do you know her?​

ELIZABETH jumps over to LIAM.

ELIZABETH
You must be Liam, right? You're the gym assistant! You help out Brock! I know so much about you!

LIAM
Have we met before? How do you know my name?!

BROCK
Crazy stalker girl, why are you even here right now?

ELIZABETH
I followed you back from the convention! I'm going to hang out around the gym all the time now! Isn't that great?

BROCK
Do you even live anywhere near Pewter City?

ELIZABETH
Absolutely not! But my parents have been trying to kick me out of the house since all I do when I'm not at work is go on my fansite for you, so I got a hotel room at Pewter City! They won't miss me at all!

BROCK
That's nice... for them.

ELIZABETH
I'm going to be here everyday! Then, we're going to become best friends! Then, we're going to become lovers! Then, we're going to get married! Isn't that great, Brock?!

BROCK
Er...

BROCK (T.H.)
I'm not sure if I can handle this girl being around all the time. Actually, strike that, I AM sure I can't handle having her around. I better find a way to get rid of her.​

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hurrah for more Roark, I have to say. Roxanne made an, uh, interesting appearance as well, one could put it. =p I also liked seeing some othr minor characters appear including Dallas actually taking on Geodude...with predictable results. XD

I knew that things would start going wrong(er) when Liam assumed that nickname as well, heh - big mistake on his part. I certainly enjoyed reading about his new 'tougher' personality however and his interactions with visitors and declarations like how he's so tough he's drinking a drink he doesn't like (le gasp!). The convention was also amusing, and I wonder how Brock will get rid of the fangirl - I suppose even he has to draw the line somewhere. =p
Brock can run the gym, but that's because he's made avoiding gym battles into an art. He's like Picasso, and I'm like some other guy that's not a painter.
I quite liked this expression. XD
ROARK
I don't want to be a stick! Sticks are branches, which are parts of trees, and trees are associated with Grass types, which Rock types have a weakness to! Being a stick would be terrible!
The question is, has he encountered a Sudowoodo before?
ROARK
We sure had a lot of fun!
Roark's constant enthusiasm is probably why I like him so much, coupled with statements like that...

I absolutely love my fans! They're just so nice to me! Some of them even send me stuff, like locks of their hair. The best part about that is that I can donate the hair to make toupees or merkins for people that suffer from hair loss.
...and that - one wonders where he donates the the hair too though. ._.
BROCK
Dammit! This is all your fault, Roark!

BROCK exits the room.

ROARK

Anyway, training Rock types is a lot of fun!
And this was probably my favourite quote. XD

Keep it up!

Bay

Years
Bleh, planned to do this review earlier, but electricity had cut off at my neighborhood. LONG STORY. >.>;

ROXANNE
Brock, I'm really sorry about last night. It was embarrassing for me. I only did what I did last night because I was drunk.

BROCK (T.H.)
In girl speak, that means she totally regrets not sleeping with me.​
Righttttttttt.

ROXANNE (T.H.)
I hope Brock understands that I'm just apologizing for when he walked in on us last night. I'm not sure if I'm really into him or not.​
See?

ROARK (T.H.)
These pancakes ARE the best I've ever eaten, but that's only because I don't think I've ever eaten pancakes before.​
Not even ones your mom made? D:

BROCK (T.H.)
I don't like rabid fans. They're like rabid Growlithes, except rabid fans don't bite... well, most of them.
Kinky. *mind is in gutter now as it's past midnight where I'm at*

ROARK (T.H.)
I'm starting to think I did something wrong...
Bit of advice: Anything you do is ALWAYS something wrong to Brock. Remember that. He probably still won't get it, though. >.>

MAN
Yeah, why are you wearing a hard hat? It's not like you're doing any mining now.

ROARK
That is a great question. You see, I had sex last night, and it really messed up my hair. I didn't feel like putting a lot of effort into fixing it up this morning, so I just put my hard hat on.​
Best answer in a Q&A, ever.

MAN (T.H.)
That was a satisfactory answer. Hey, while you're recording me, I may as well tell you something fun. You know what else I call hard hats? Condoms.​
And best interview ever. Although, sex in a mine isn't such a great idea, haha.

Haha, this is my favorite episode thus far. Really great follow up from last episode with the aftermath of the Roark and Roxanne one night stand ordeal and Gladys confronting Liam. Speaking of the latter, oh dear things are really getting serious now. I expect a lot of Ace Attorney references. :P

I want to say real quick is it just me, or is Brock clever for once? That short battle between Geodude and Dallas is very funny. Actually, nah, I take that back. Brock is lucky he's a rock type gym leader and that Dallas doesn't have any Pokemon with him.

Oh, Elizabeth. Indeed, she's such a huge fangirl for going to the convention and then immediately right after stays at Pewter City. Good luck trying to get rid of her, Brock! XD

Nothing else to say but that I'm so looking forward to next chapter! And yes, I know the chapters are posted at Serebii already, but I'll just wait for the updates here. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
bobandbill, Liam really shouldn't have reused the name Regis all the way back from Episode 1. Now he's caught! :O

And poor Dallas, he really should have seen it coming.

Bay, even Brock is smart enough to realize that punching a rock is probably a bad idea, so he'd relish the chance to battle Dallas now as it would make him look good in front of a lot of people. At least until they start talking about Roxanne. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Episode 8: Sweepstakes Mania​

EXT. PEWTER CITY STREET

LIAM is walking on the sidewalk as he makes his way to the gym. ELIZABETH spots him and runs over to him.

ELIZABETH
Liam! Hi!

LIAM
Oh... hey... you.

ELIZABETH
This is great! You're going to the gym, right? Two friends, walking together! We're friends, right?

LIAM
I don't even know your name.

ELIZABETH
Ha! You're almost as funny as Brock!

LIAM (TALKING HEAD)
I'm not too thrilled about this girl coming into work every day, but at least she isn't getting a paycheck.​

BROCK is sitting in his office, flipping through his old high school yearbook.

BROCK (T.H.)
After Roxanne accused me of being immature at the convention, I've been doing some serious self reflecting. And what better way to do that than to go through my yearbook back from high school!​

LIAM and ELIZABETH walk into the office.

LIAM
Morning, sir. Unfortunately, this one came with me.

ELIZABETH
Good morning, Brock! It's morning! That's the early time of the day!

BROCK
Where did I go wrong?

LIAM
What are you talking about, sir?​

BROCK holds up his yearbook.

BROCK
I've been looking through my old yearbook. I'll tell you, those were the best days of my life. And now look at me! I don't even have a girlfriend!

LIAM
Who was your girlfriend back in high school, sir?

BROCK
Oh, I didn't have one, but that's not important.

ELIZABETH
You have me!

LIAM
No one asked you!​

BROCK flips to his picture in his yearbook and shows it to LIAM and ELIZABETH.

BROCK
Look at me back then! I was on top of the world!

ELIZABETH
Wow! You look just as handsome as you do now! That is a great picture! I like it!

BROCK
But now, I'm on the bottom of the world.

LIAM
Sir, I don't think you've ever lived in the North Pole or the South Pole.​

BROCK flips to another page of the yearbook that shows the track team.

BROCK
Look at this! The track team!

LIAM
You ran track back in high school?

BROCK
Of course not, but I was best friends with those guys! I even bought a varsity jacket off of one of them! Those were the days!

ELIZABETH
But since I'm here the days are even better, right?

BROCK
Liam, get her out of here. I need to wallow in my self pity for a bit.

LIAM
Yes, sir! Come on!​

LIAM and ELIZABETH exit the office.

ELIZABETH
We have a problem. It seems like Brock is stuck in some sort of nostalgic stupor. What do we do?!

LIAM
Why are you asking me?

ELIZABETH
Well, you've knows Brock for a while. How do you usually solve situations like this?

LIAM
Oh, Brock always comes up with some sort of scheme to solve our problems. I'm never very helpful when it comes to this kind of stuff.

ELIZABETH
Argh! What do we do?!

LIAM
I don't know! Do you have anything I can squat with? Squatting will get my brain going!

ELIZABETH
Liam, you're assistant to the greatest gym leader EVER! I expect more from you!

LIAM (T.H.)
Have I become too reliant on squatting? No. But really... yes.

LIAM
Well, if you aren't going to give me anything to squat with, you can expect nothing!

ELIZABETH
I guess I'm going to have to snap him out of it myself!​

ELIZABETH storms away.

ELIZABETH barges into the office. BROCK is still looking at his yearbook.

ELIZABETH
Brock, put that yearbook away right now!

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
Yes, I love Brock... but there is such a thing as tough love.​

BROCK sighs.

BROCK
Did you know that my friend Steve was voted most likely to succeed?

ELIZABETH
Huh?

BROCK
I wonder if he became successful after all. He's probably sitting in his yacht right now, wearing a top hat and a monocle, right next to his high class prostitute.

ELIZABETH
Brock, why are you doing this to yourself?

BROCK
And what vote did I win during high school? Nothing!

ELIZABETH
There are more categories than students, you know. Most people don't get voted for in any category.

BROCK
I was voted most likely to do nothing!

ELIZABETH
That was a category?

BROCK
And once my high school reunion comes around, guess what? I'll just prove to all of them that they were right! I'm nothing!

ELIZABETH
You're not nothing! You're the greatest gym leader ever!

BROCK
If I want to be better than Steve, I'm going to have to make a lot of money, and fast!

ELIZABETH
Are you ignoring me?

BROCK
I got it! I'll enter a bunch of contests! Maybe I'll buy some lottery tickets as well! I need to go get Liam!​

BROCK runs out of the office.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
I feel like he was talking to himself the whole time...

BROCK (T.H.)
Huh? There was someone in the room with me? Are you sure?​

BROCK jolts over to LIAM, with ELIZABETH following soon after.

BROCK
Liam, I'm going to need your help!

LIAM
What is it, sir?

BROCK
We're going to be entering a lot of contests! I have to work on my computer to find as many corporate sweepstakes that I can find! You need to get down to the PokéMart and buy as many lottery tickets as possible!

LIAM
I'm not old enough to buy lottery tickets, sir.

BROCK
Uh...​

BROCK looks at ELIZABETH.

BROCK
Take her with you! She can buy them!

LIAM
Great idea, sir! That's why you're the boss!

ELIZABETH
I guess we'll be on our way then!​

LIAM and ELIZABETH leave the gym.

BROCK (T.H.)
This is such a great plan to secure my financial future, I don't get how more people are doing it! Actually, maybe you shouldn't broadcast any of these parts. I don't want people stealing my secret to success!​

EXT. PEWTER CITY STREET

LIAM and ELIZABETH are walking down the street to the PokéMart.

ELIZABETH
Liam, you know we have to put a stop to this, right?

LIAM
Why? This plan is foolproof!

ELIZABETH
Even though Brock's the best person ever, those contests are all fixed! He can't win any of them!

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
I don't see why it's crazy to think all of those sweepstakes are fixed. It's no more crazy than thinking the former Kanto champion being assassinated was just a cover up to hide the fact he was abducted by aliens!

LIAM
Brock has never steered me wrong! I'm sure he'll be rich by tomorrow!

ELIZABETH
Fine, I'll go along with this for now, but only until I can convince Brock that this is a bad idea!

LIAM
Okay! By the way, do you think you can buy all these lottery tickets? I don't have any money on me.​

LIAM and ELIZABETH enter the office to find BROCK on the computer.

LIAM
We got your lottery tickets, sir!​

LIAM slams a bunch of lottery tickets on the desk.

BROCK
Excellent! You played my lucky numbers, right?

LIAM
We played your lucky numbers on ALL of them! That increases your odds of winning!

ELIZABETH
I don't really know math, but it makes sense to me!

BROCK
Good job! I've been searching through sweepstakes online. Mostly I've been sticking to ones that just require a name and address.

ELIZABETH
You can't do that! You have to enter the ones that require some original thought! Those have the big payoffs!

BROCK
Listen, I don't think you understand what I'm trying to do here, and I also have no clue as to who you are. But anyway, I don't want to enter any contests that require creativity! I'm trying to make money with as little effort as possible!

ELIZABETH
You'll never be rich with that attitude! Hold on...​

ELIZABETH moves BROCK away from the computer and starts surfing the internet.

BROCK (T.H.)
Right now, if I was to win every contest I entered, I'd be richer by five grand. I'm feeling pretty lucky.

ELIZABETH
Found something!

LIAM
What is it?

ELIZABETH
Shellder Soda is holding a contest to see who can come up with the best slogan for their products.

LIAM
Hm... I got one! Shellder Soda: it's Shellderlicious!

ELIZABETH
Well... we can use that as a backup if we have to. Brock, do you have any ideas?​

BROCK seems deep in thought.

BROCK
Hm...

LIAM
Do you have anything, sir?

BROCK
Shellder Soda: you know it's good.

LIAM
Brilliant!

ELIZABETH
Genius!

BROCK
We'll win this contest yet! Enter that catchphrase, random girl!​

ELIZABETH hurriedly types the entry into the submission form online.

ELIZABETH
Done! Let's enter another one!​

ELIZABETH gets back to surfing the internet.

LIAM
You'll be rich in no time, Brock!

ELIZABETH
Found another one! Rage Candy Bar wants a name for their new chocolate bar!

BROCK
Symphony!

LIAM
Wow, sir! It's so eloquent!

ELIZABETH
I'll enter that into the website now.

BROCK
Give me another! I'm on a roll!

ELIZABETH
I got an idea! How about you take that roll out into the gym and you be the best gym leader you can be?

BROCK
Hm... you know what? I got a better idea! I'm not going to make any money sitting around as a gym leader! How about I take my roll into the Pewter City Casino instead? I can make tons of cash there!

ELIZABETH
That wasn't what I was getting at...

LIAM
I've always wanted to go to the casino!

BROCK
What are we waiting for?! Let's get moving!​

BROCK and LIAM rush out of the office.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
I'm not getting through to him. Maybe I should use my feminine wiles.​

INT. PEWTER CITY CASINO

BROCK, LIAM, and ELIZABETH walk into the casino. LIAM seems overwhelmed by all the lights and noises coming from the slot machines.

ELIZABETH
I never knew Pewter City had a casino.

BROCK
Sure is convenient, right?

LIAM
You should play one of those machines, sir! They look fun!

BROCK
I'm more of a card man!​

BROCK finds a card table and sits down. LIAM and ELIZABETH stand next to him. The DEALER is already at the table, along with JEFF, a bald man with a goatee, and SUSAN, a woman covered with gaudy makeup and extravagant jewelry.

BROCK
Deal me in!

DEALER
You need to place your bet first, sir.

BROCK
Oh, sorry.​

BROCK places some chips in the middle of the table. The DEALER first deals a five and an eight to JEFF, then a six and a nine to BROCK, then a seven and a king to SUSAN, and finally deals a ten and a three to himself.

BROCK
I'll go first!​

BROCK turns to JEFF.

BROCK
Got any twos?

JEFF
Psh...

JEFF (T.H.)
My name's Jeff... that's right, I'm THE Jeff. I've competed in the World Blackjack Showdown, World Blackjack Showdown: All Stars, World Blackjack Showdown: All Stars Versus Celebrities, and World Blackjack Showdown: Humans Versus Pokémon. So yeah, I'm pretty good at blackjack.

DEALER
We're not playing Go Fish, sir.

BROCK
Oh, silly me!​

BROCK looks around the table.

BROCK
So who here has the old maid?

SUSAN
I take offense to that!

SUSAN (T.H.)
I'm in my EARLY fifties. Early means young. So I'm young. Don't let anyone who claims that I got plastic surgery sway you otherwise!

DEALER
The game is blackjack, sir.

BROCK
Oh! That game! Okay, I got it!​

The DEALER turns to JEFF.

DEALER
Hit or stay?

JEFF
Hit.​

JEFF is dealt a seven.

JEFF
I'll stay.​

The DEALER now turns to BROCK.

DEALER
Hit or stay?

BROCK
Hm...

ELIZABETH
You can do it, Brock!​

ELIZABETH starts rubbing BROCK on the back, which visibly disturbs him.

BROCK
Er... I'll hit.​

BROCK is dealt a nine.

DEALER
That's a bust, sir.

BROCK
Hah! In your face, goatee douchebag! I win!

JEFF
Please. You suck.

DEALER
Sir, you went over twenty-one. That means you lost.

BROCK
Oh, right! Blackjack! I'm sorry, I forgot.

ELIZABETH
Oh, you did your best, love!​

ELIZABETH throws her arms around BROCK, which causes him to start shaking, disturbed.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
I think it's working!​

The DEALER finally turns to SUSAN.

DEALER
Hit or stay, madam?

SUSAN
Oh, you can call me Susan. When do you get off shift? Did you know I'm younger than my sister?

DEALER
I just need to know if you're going to hit or stay.

SUSAN
Fine, I'll hit.​

SUSAN is dealt a five.

DEALER
That's a bust. My turn.​

The DEALER deals himself a ten.

DEALER
And that's a bust for me. You win, sir.​

The DEALER hands the chips over to JEFF.

BROCK
Okay, time out everyone! Liam, I need to talk to you.​

BROCK and LIAM move away from the table, and begin talking in really soft voices.

BROCK
Liam, we got a problem. That girl is using her feminine wiles on me.

LIAM
She's such a weirdo! What do we do?

BROCK
She needs to stop. Liam, I'm sorry, but can you use your masculine wiles on her?

LIAM
Masculine wiles?

BROCK
Yes. If you start seducing her, she'll be too distracted to seduce me.

LIAM
She's a lot older than me, sir. I'm not sure if she'll fall for it.

BROCK
Well, we'll find out. Let's get back in there!​

BROCK and LIAM walk back over to the table, and BROCK sits down and puts his chips in.

BROCK
Good, you waited for us!

DEALER
I didn't have anything better to do.

DEALER (T.H.)
I literally don't have anything better to do today. This casino is government run, and unfortunately I got convicted of a misdemeanor, so it's either do nothing here or do nothing in jail.

JEFF
Well I had a problem with it. Some of us are here to play a game, you know.

SUSAN
And some of us are here to flirt with men much younger than ourselves!​

The DEALER deals cards to JEFF, BROCK, SUSAN, and himself. BROCK gets a pair of twos. The DEALER turns to JEFF.

DEALER
Hit or stay?

JEFF
Hit.​

As the DEALER hands JEFF a card, LIAM approaches ELIZABETH and starts rubbing her back.

ELIZABETH
What are you doing?

LIAM
You're so pretty and soft!

ELIZABETH
Er... I have to go over there now.​

ELIZABETH walks away as JEFF goes bust. BROCK gives LIAM a thumbs up.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
Liam is being creepy. If people see someone that young flirting with me, I'm going to spend the rest of my days working at this casino!​

The DEALER now turns to BROCK.

DEALER
Hit or stay?

BROCK
Hit!​

The DEALER hands BROCK another two.

BROCK
Three of a kind! I stay!

DEALER
Sir, your card total is six. If you hit, you're guaranteed to not go bust.

BROCK
Why would I want another card when I have a hand as great as this?!​

The DEALER sighs and turns to SUSAN.

SUSAN
You don't have to say anything. You can hit me.

DEALER (T.H.)
The female clientele are always flirting with me, but that's just because they think I can hand out chips for free. And the dice. You don't want to know what they do with the dice.​

The DEALER sighs and hands SUSAN a card.

DEALER
That's a bust. And now my turn.​

The DEALER hands himself a card.

DEALER
And I bust too. Looks like Mister Three of a Kind wins!​

The DEALER hands BROCK his chips. ELIZABETH notices this and walks over.

ELIZABETH
Great job, Brock! Maybe you should quit while you're ahead!

BROCK
Oh, I'm quitting blackjack, but I'm going to get even more ahead. I thought of an even better way to make money!

ELIZABETH
Oh...​

BROCK gets up from the table and leaves the casino, with LIAM and ELIZABETH following him.

JEFF (T.H.)
That man was absolutely the worst person I have ever played blackjack with, and I've played with a Growlithe once.​

BROCK, LIAM, and ELIZABETH are waiting in the office.

ELIZABETH
Who did you call, Brock?

BROCK
I called a stock broker! Buying stocks is like gambling, but on an even greater scale! I'm going to be rich!

LIAM
Don't you already have stock in Team Rocket, sir?

BROCK
Yeah, but that stock has been stagnant ever since that Game Corner in Celadon mysteriously came under new management.​

A man in a disheveled suit, STEVE, walks into the office.

STEVE
Hello, everyone! Are you ready to make some money?

BROCK
Wait, I remember you! You're Steve from high school! You were voted most likely to succeed!

STEVE
Ah, you're Brock, right? I'd recognize those eyes anywhere! I was hoping no one would remember that little vote, though.

BROCK
Why? Look at you! You're a stock broker! Why does your suit look so dirty, though?

STEVE
Oh, this? I bought it second hand. Well... I didn't really buy it, more like stole it off of a homeless person. It makes me wonder where he got it from.

BROCK
So do you have a nice yacht or something now?

STEVE
Oh, you're just trying to flatter me! But yes, I do have a yacht. If only I could get it out of that parking lot now...

LIAM
I've always wanted to go on a yacht! Can I visit sometime?

STEVE
Of course you can, little buddy! You'd just have to deal with the rabid Sentret that I can't get off the yacht, though.

LIAM
Oh...

BROCK
How about we move away from that topic, hm? What stocks do you think would be good to buy, Steve?

STEVE
I'm glad you asked! Right now, the best companies to invest in are car companies! I have these records from twenty years ago and they all seem to be doing pretty well!

ELIZABETH
Aren't all the car companies failing? That seems like a bad investment.

STEVE
I would never steer you wrong. You see, I get a commission based on how well your stock does, and I need all the cash I can get in order to fuel my drug addiction!

BROCK
Oh, you know what? I'm not sure if I want to buy stock anymore.

STEVE
If you say so, buddy! If you ever change my mind, just give me a ring!

STEVE (T.H.)
Hey, I'm not sure who's watching this, but don't be afraid to ask me to be your personal stock broker! That even includes you, cameraman! Wait... do cameramen buy stock?​

STEVE leaves the office.

BROCK
I think it's time to call it a day now.

ELIZABETH
That's it? You've given up on your sweepstakes mania? That's great! Wait, what about all of those lottery tickets you made me buy, though?

BROCK
Oh, those? Eh... keep them, I guess. I'm content with myself now.

BROCK (T.H.)
When this day first started, Steve was most likely to succeed and I was a nobody, but now, Steve's a bigger loser than me, which is saying something! At least I don't have a drug addiction and steal clothes from homeless people... though ignoring the dirt, that was a nice suit.​

LIAM and ELIZABETH exit the office.

ELIZABETH
Great job today, Liam! We were able to cure Brock of his contest obsession!

LIAM
What did we do? We just got lucky that Steve turned out to be a huge lamer.

ELIZABETH
Oh, don't be so negative! I'll see you tomorrow, along with Brock, the love of my life!​

ELIZABETH exits the gym.

LIAM (T.H.)
I can't handle any more Elizabeth! Brock and I have a very delicate dynamic, and she's ruining it! Soon, Brock won't be asking me for help anymore, even though I can never seem to help him anyway! And then what reason would I have to be around?​

EXT. PEWTER CITY STREET

ELIZABETH is walking back to her hotel room.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
Today was great! Sure, I spent over fifty dollars on lottery tickets, but I was able to do it for the love of my life, Brock! And once I finally manage to get Brock to fall in love with me, I'll be a TV star! Here's to hoping that you'll be filming the exploits of Brock for a very, VERY long time!​

Bay

Years
BROCK
Of course not, but I was best friends with those guys! I even bought a varsity jacket off of one of them! Those were the days!​
Haha, that reminds me in my high school days. I was actually friends with the majority of the varsity soccer and varsity softball team (though I was the softball team manager, LOL).

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
I feel like he was talking to himself the whole time...

BROCK (T.H.)
Huh? There was someone in the room with me? Are you sure?
I hate to say this, but poor Elizabeth. D:

BROCK
Shellder Soda: you know it's good.
All right, for some reason I'm suddenly imagining a commercial for Shellder Soda with the Fanta song as the musical background, pretty ladies dancing and one of them saying "Shellder Soda: you know it's good," and then Brock saying, "Mmm hm!"

...okay, moving on!

DEALER (T.H.)
The female clientele are always flirting with me, but that's just because they think I can hand out chips for free. And the dice. You don't want to know what they do with the dice.
Has the security cameras caught those ladies doing unimaginable things with the dices? Surely the casino has rules against that kind of act. O.o;

STEVE
I'm glad you asked! Right now, the best companies to invest in are car companies! I have these records from twenty years ago and they all seem to be doing pretty well!

ELIZABETH
Aren't all the car companies failing? That seems like a bad investment.
LOL. The times they are a-changin', Steve.

I really love the first part where Brock checks his high school yearbook. Heh, just recently I looked through my yearbook and man, I hate some of the club and sport pictures I was in. XD

I like Elizabeth this chapter as you give her a bit more personality this time around. I'll have to agree with her those sweepstakes are fixed (has done them before with online poetry contests and with hilarious results D: ). It is also nice of her to try to get Brock back into doing gym battles, even though it didn't work in the end, heh.

Oh boy, Steve. Well, stock brokerage isn't easy, haha.

Another funny and enjoyable chapter there. Can't wait for the next one!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Bay, originally the plot of this episode was just going to revolve around Brock getting nostalgic for his high school days. :P Then I realized that it wasn't substantial enough for its own plot, and I also had to put in some events that would lead to the ending I wanted, so I think around Chapter 3 I scrapped what I had planned and wrote the outline for this instead. XD

Elizabeth is an interesting character, and she'll become (more? less?) important as the story goes on. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Episode 9: Kanto Gym Leader Council​

LIAM is hanging around in the gym when ELIZABETH walks in.

ELIZABETH
Good morning, Brock! Wait...​

ELIZABETH looks around the gym.

ELIZABETH
Where's Brock?

LIAM
The Kanto Gym Leader Council is meeting today. He had to go to Fuchsia City.

ELIZABETH
Oh, good! I have to tell you something.

LIAM
Oh brother.

LIAM (TALKING HEAD)
Elizabeth has told me a lot of things... mostly the varying degrees in which she loves Brock.

ELIZABETH
Remember last week when Brock was entering all those contests and he made us buy all of those lottery tickets?

LIAM
Made you. I didn't buy any.

ELIZABETH
Anyway, it turns out I won the big jackpot. At first, they thought the prize was going to be split by a bunch of people, but that's just because all the tickets I bought had the same numbers. Now, I'm a multimillionaire!

LIAM
Why didn't I hear about this in the news?

ELIZABETH
Oh, nowadays you can just hire a lawyer to represent you and claim the prize for you.

LIAM
So why are you telling me all of this?

ELIZABETH
Because you need to keep this all a secret from Brock!

LIAM
So you're telling me this so that I don't tell anyone this.

LIAM (T.H.)
I'm good at keeping secrets. One time I had a stomach virus for a year and a half and no one even knew! But I don't want to keep Elizabeth's crappy secret.

ELIZABETH
Listen, I love Brock, and I want him to fall in love with my, not my money. If he ends up wanting to marry me just because it would be good for him financially, all that I've been working towards will have been for naught!

LIAM
Fine, whatever, I'll keep your secret.

ELIZABETH
Yay! Thanks so much, Liam!​

ELIZABETH starts walking towards the office.

LIAM
You aren't leaving?

ELIZABETH
Oh, I thought I'd just make myself at home. I want to wait for Brock to get back!

LIAM
Great...​

INT. MEETING ROOM

BROCK (T.H.)
So today the Kanto Gym Leader Council is meeting. The meetings are always at Fuchsia City because Koga is the presiding officer of our little council. Usually these gatherings turn out to go bad, but when they don't go bad... they go even worse.​

BROCK walks into the meeting room. MISTY, ERIKA, a girl dressed in a flowery kimono, and BLAINE, a bald man with a white mustache and sunglasses, are already waiting.

MISTY
Well well well, look who it is.

ERIKA
Ew! A man! Get out of here; I don't want to catch man cooties!

BLAINE
Heh, Erika gave me the same greeting as well. Hello, Brock.​

BROCK goes over to shake hands with BLAINE.

BROCK
Good to see you, Blaine. How are things going over at Cinnabar?

BLAINE
It's terrible! Recently a bunch of people of a lower socioeconomic status and different race than mine have been moving there! Luckily I have a plan that should go over well with the council that will solve my little problem.

ERIKA
Who cares about your problems? You're a stupid guy!

ERIKA (T.H.)
Misty, Sabrina, and myself are the only people on this council that have any smart ideas!

MISTY
We probably won't get around to your problem anyway. Supposedly we're going to discuss Team Rocket.

BROCK
Team Rocket? I used to own stock in them, but it went bad so I sold it all.

MISTY
Yeah, well it turns out they're a criminal syndicate. They've been stealing Pokémon or something.​

GIOVANNI, a short haired man sharply dressed in a suit, enters the room.

ERIKA
Ew! A man! Get out of here; I don't want to catch man cooties!

MISTY
Hi Giovanni.

GIOVANNI
Are we starting soon? I have an urgent meeting with the CEO of Silph Co. and I don't want to be late.

GIOVANNI (T.H.)
In addition to my job as a gym leader, I conduct a lot of business on the side. I actually ran a casino in Celadon, but I was forced out of ownership by some kid.Why are you filming me, anyway? You aren't collecting some sort of evidence, are you?

MISTY
Well, Koga hasn't shown up yet, so I have no idea when we'll start.

GIOVANNI
Okay then.​

LT. SURGE, a man dressed in army fatigues, and SABRINA, a woman with flowing dark hair dressed in a strange purple jumpsuit, walk into the meeting room.

SABRINA
Surge, you can't just go to war with everyone. You need tact.

LT. SURGE
Dammit, Sabrina! I'm not even talking to you! Get out of my head!

SABRINA (T.H.)
Yes, I can read minds. Stop thinking about how much you want to do me.

MISTY
Sabrina, can you give the mind reading a break just this once?

SABRINA
I don't think so. I need to be on the alert at all times.

GIOVANNI (T.H.)
It's a good thing that I've trained my brain to block mind reading. Why? For the purposes of this interview, let's just say I have perverted thoughts and leave it at that. Yes, nothing more than perverted thoughts. It absolutely has nothing to do with crimes that I did not commit.

MISTY
Whatever, just don't be an *** about it.

LT. SURGE
Where's Koga?! I heard that we're going to be discussing Team Rocket and I got the perfect way to get rid of those bastards!

BLAINE
He's coming. So hey, did anyone get challenged by some kid named Hal?

MISTY
Oh, him? What a joke! I wiped the floor with him.

ERIKA
I obviously beat him, because he was a boy, and all males suck.

BLAINE
I beat him too. He was the weakest challenger in the history of the Cinnabar Island Gym. The funny thing was, he already had one badge. Who the hell lost to him?

BROCK
I don't know. It was probably the lieutenant. He cares more about the army than Pokémon battling.

SABRINA
Nope. It was Brock.

BROCK
Dammit!

BROCK (T.H.)
I don't have a lot of respect around here. It's a shame, too, because I'm always coming up with great ideas. One time I suggested that we change the name of the Kanto Gym Leader Council to the Kanto Gym Leader Committee. It nearly passed; it only needed seven more votes!​

All of a sudden, a poof of smoke appears. A sharp eyed man dressed in a ninja outfit, KOGA, emerges from it.

KOGA
Hello! Let's get started!

KOGA (T.H.)
I'm Koga. I'm the gym leader here at Fuchsia City, I'm the presiding officer of the Kanto Gym Leader Council, and I love making an entrance!​

LIAM is polishing rocks on the battlefield when he hears a knock on the door.

LIAM
Ugh. Am I going to have to scare a challenger away?​

LIAM goes to open the door, and ROXANNE walks in.

ROXANNE
Hello. Is Brock in?

ROXANNE (T.H.)
Things did not end well with Brock at the convention, and I feel kind of bad about it. I thought about what I did, and maybe it was wrong for me to sleep with Roark when Brock obviously hates him.

LIAM
Brock isn't here right now. Why do you need to talk to him?

ROXANNE
Eh, we both did some stupid **** at that convention earlier, and I just want to apologize to him.​

ELIZABETH comes barging out of the office.

ELIZABETH
What the hell are you doing here, you hussy?!

ROXANNE
Weren't you that girl obsessed with Brock? I have a better question: why are YOU here?

LIAM
Tell me about it! She's a real pain in the ***.

ELIZABETH
Well guess what? Brock wants to marry me! So I guess while I'm enjoying life with Brock you'll be doomed to live as a spinster for eternity!

ROXANNE
What?! You and Brock are engaged?! I come all the way here hoping that I can somehow convince Brock that we need to move past the convention, but it seems he moved on pretty fast anyway! That's it; I'm out of here!

LIAM
No! Don't-​

ROXANNE storms out and slams the door shut.

LIAM
You have no idea what you just did. Brock really has the hots for Roxanne.

ELIZABETH
Well, hopefully he'll have the hots for me soon!

LIAM (T.H.)
This girl is way too obsessed with Brock. There's something... off about her. Would you happen to have any idea what it is?​

INT. MEETING ROOM

KOGA
So our first topic on the agenda is Team Rocket.

BLAINE
Hold up!

KOGA
What is it, Blaine?

BLAINE
Before we start going on about those folks, I need to discuss the problem on Cinnabar Island. Too many... "urban" people have been moving in!

KOGA
And what exactly are we supposed to do about it?

BLAINE
Gentrification!

MISTY
Blaine, rich people don't want to live on an island. Sure, they may want to go to vacation on an island, or buy their own private island, but they don't want to live on like a town on an island!

BLAINE
When has gentrification ever failed? If we build it, they will come! I just need funding from the council in order to build mansions on Cinnabar Island so that rich people can move in.

KOGA
Do I even have to take a vote on this? We all say no, right?​

Everyone in the room nods.

KOGA
Okay. Next-

ERIKA
Wait just a minute! If that racist codger gets to flap his yap off, so do I!

KOGA
Fine. What do you want, Erika?

ERIKA
Guys are gross. I don't want to be anywhere near them, especially when I use certain facilities. We need to segregate restrooms by gender!

BROCK
They're already segregated! I know because I've tried to get into the women's room on many occasions!

KOGA (T.H.)
The council likes to make ridiculous requests. Two months ago Brock asked for five million dollars in order to build something he called "Fun Land". No way was that going to happen, so we gave him half of what he asked for instead.

BROCK (T.H.)
Fun Land? That's a work in progress. Forever in progress.

KOGA
Now can we finally discuss Team Rocket?

GIOVANNI
Yes. Though I don't see what the problem is. They seem to be a good group of people.

MISTY
I got a ton of reports from Mt. Moon saying that members of Team Rocket were stealing Pokémon from passerby.

GIOVANNI
Well I'm sure they had a very good and legal reason to do so!

GIOVANNI (T.H.)
Theoretically speaking, if I, as a casino order, wanted to save money capturing Pokémon for use as prizes at the casino, I could, and this is purely theoretical, have members of my theoretical illegitimate business steal Pokémon from trainers. This is absolutely theoretical, of course!

KOGA
We still have to do something about this! We can't have a gang of crooks running amok!

LT. SURGE
You know, I have an idea...

MISTY
No, don't say nuke them!

BLAINE
He's so going to say that.

SABRINA
It's exactly what he's thinking.

LT. SURGE
We nuke them!​

Everyone except for LT. SURGE groans.

KOGA
Surge, we've been over this. You can't just go around nuking whoever you please!

LT. SURGE
Listen, I have the artillery, I have the men, I don't see why I can't do this!

MISTY
Because it's an absurd idea!

LT. SURGE
No it's not! Let me tell you something! Electric Pokémon saved me during the war! They zapped my enemies into paralysis! But something else saved me during the war...

SABRINA
Nukes.

MISTY
We didn't need a mind reader to tell us that, Sabrina.

LT. SURGE
Nukes! Absolutely!

BROCK (T.H.)
The lieutenant has been telling us war stories that have been steadily growing in their unbelievability factor. First a Raichu blew someone's head off, but the last story he told involved him riding a Fearow over a warship in order to drop a nuke on it, all while waving the American flag above his head.

LT. SURGE (T.H.)
That story was only partially true. I was also wearing American flag patterned pants.

BLAINE
I honestly have some fears over Team Rocket. I'm afraid they may try and move to Cinnabar Island, as the water will make it hard for us to launch an attack on them. BUT... if we were to gentrify Cinnabar Island-

KOGA
We already voted on it, Blaine. No means no!

BLAINE
I'm just saying that Team Rocket would have less space to move onto if rich people already were on most of the property.

KOGA
Now that we have all the bad ideas out of the way, does anyone have any good ones?

GIOVANNI
I say just wait Team Rocket out. They may not even be up to anything anymore.

ERIKA
Only a man could come up with such a bad idea! My city's economy was nearly crippled by that casino scheme they were running! We can't let them go!

BROCK
I agree with Giovanni. I don't want to do anything that requires effort.

LIAM is sitting at the desk.

LIAM
Elizabeth, can you come in?​

ELIZABETH walks into the office, and is surprised to see that the TV is displaying a freeze frame of herself.

ELIZABETH
What's this about? And how do you suddenly know my name?!

LIAM
Elizabeth, you were kind of a freak. Your obsession with Brock was unreal. It led me to think two things: either you had serious mental problems, or you have an ulterior motive.

ELIZABETH
You got me! I'm totally nuts! I'm crazy in love with Brock!

LIAM
I would have let you go, but then you scared Roxanne away. That was something that would seriously piss Brock off, so my only option was to ask the camera crew what your deal was.

ELIZABETH
Oh...

LIAM
They gave me a very interesting interview with you, and from what I understand, you're more interested in being a TV star than being Brock's girlfriend.

ELIZABETH
That doesn't seem right! I told them that in confidence!

LIAM
This thing is going to air eventually. You do know that, right?

ELIZABETH
Of course I know that! It's the only reason I'm bothering with Brock! Do you know who I am?

LIAM
A freak?

ELIZABETH
No! I'm an actress! Do you remember that big Poffin advertising campaign a few years back.

LIAM
No.

ELIZABETH
Well I was the star of it! People all around the country started reciting my catchphrase: "I want my Poffin please!"

LIAM
So you're a failed actress?

ELIZABETH
I haven't failed yet! After that commercial, I tried to move on to bigger and better things, like game show hosting or news anchoring, but every application was turned down! I couldn't stop though. I was like an Arcanine in heat! I needed a new job!

LIAM
I could have done without that analogy.

ELIZABETH
So one day, my brother comes home from traveling. You see, he's a trainer, and the only badge he was missing was the Boulder Badge. He heard that Brock was actually accepting challenges, so he made his way to the gym. Apparently Brock faked his death, but my brother told me one other thing: Brock was being filmed. As soon as news got out that Brock was alive after all, I knew that I needed to take my chance! If I could manage to become a reality TV star, I could eventually become a real star!

LIAM
So you tracked down Brock at that convention and pretended that you were in love with him?

ELIZABETH
Exactly!

LIAM
Well, I still think you may have mental problems. I'm confused on one thing though: if you're so desperate to have Brock fall in love with you, why hide the fact that you won the lottery?

ELIZABETH
If Brock knew about that money, I wouldn't get to keep it all to myself!

LIAM (T.H.)
Elizabeth is a real *****.​

INT. MEETING ROOM

MISTY
We can't just send someone to ask them nicely to stop! They're a criminal organization!

ERIKA
Well if you can't come up with a better peaceful solution, I refuse to support anything else!

LT. SURGE
Everyone, we have a saying in the army: if at first you don't succeed, nuke them!

BLAINE
That's not a saying. And there's no way nuking is a good idea! You know what a good idea is? Gentrification!

KOGA
Everyone! Quiet down! Brock, we haven't heard much from you other except for that you were in support of Giovanni's idea earlier. Have any new thoughts?

SABRINA
He's thinking about how much he has to pee right now.

BROCK
Well, Team Rocket doesn't seem very nice, so I say we form a task squad made up of Misty, the lieutenant, Erika, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni, and yourself in order to combat them.

MISTY
That task squad doesn't include you.

ERIKA
And there's no way I'm going to be in a violent organization with a bunch of men!

LT. SURGE
I refuse to join the task squad unless I can use nukes!

KOGA
No nukes!

BLAINE
Gentrification!

ERIKA
Men suck!

BROCK
Shut up!​

The room becomes silent.

BROCK
Everyone, we came here today to solve a problem. Our region is being ruined by a gang of thugs called Team Rocket. We have a reason to be united, and yet, all we're doing is bickering around in circles! We can either just keep arguing amongst ourselves without getting anything done, OR we can go out with dignity and just stop now!

LT. SURGE
I agree with Brock. It's not like I'm going to budge on this nuke thing anyway.

GIOVANNI
That is an excellent idea, and with that, I'm leaving! I have a very important meeting to attend to!​

GIOVANNI gets up and leaves the room.

MISTY
Brock, you're wrong! If we don't come up with a plan today, when will we ever come up with a plan?

BROCK
Um... next meeting, I guess?

MISTY
And we'll just end up bickering then too! We need to take action now!

ERIKA
I agree with Misty!

BLAINE
I agree with the side that will let me gentrify Cinnabar Island!

SABRINA
Brock, stop thinking about how hot Misty looks in those shorts.

BROCK
Please, I hate red heads!

KOGA
ENOUGH!​

The room becomes silent once again.

KOGA
Surge, you're an idiot. Nuking people will solve nothing. Sabrina, stop being such an ******* by reading people's minds. Erika, stop being a gigantic sexist. Blaine, stop talking about gentrification. It makes you seem like a racist. And Brock, that is the worst idea I have ever heard proposed in this council. We're here to get things done, not just give- wait... look at the time! Looks like this session of the Kanto Gym Leader Council has officially ended. Oh well, hopefully we'll have better luck next time.

MISTY
No! We need to solve this problem now!

KOGA
Misty, I would love to, but we just don't have the time! Sorry!​

KOGA disappears in a poof of smoke.

MISTY
I hope you're happy, Brock. We ended up getting nothing done!

BLAINE
My island will fall to urban decay!

LT. SURGE
And I don't get to use my nukes!

BROCK (T.H.)
Did I disappoint a lot of people? Yes. In the end, it doesn't really matter, because all of their ideas sucked anyway.

BROCK
Well, I'll see all of you at the next meeting!​

BROCK leaves the room.

LT. SURGE
Can I nuke something already?

ERIKA
The only way I'd get behind that is if Misty or Sabrina supported it! No way would I acknowledge a stupid man's idea!

BLAINE
Would Misty or Sabrina be willing to get behind gentrification too?

MISTY (T.H.)
It's hard being the only sane person in a room full of idiots.​

BROCK walks into the gym. LIAM is about to greet him, but ELIZABETH runs up first.

ELIZABETH
Brock! It's so good to see you again! How was your meeting? Was it good? I bet it was good!

LIAM
Hold on! Sir, I have something to tell you!

ELIZABETH
Don't you dare!

LIAM (T.H.)
I wasn't going to tell Brock about Elizabeth's scheme. It's way too complicated. I find it kind of funny that I actually believe it. Anyway, I had a surefire way to get rid of Elizabeth.

LIAM
Sir, earlier today, Roxanne visited.

BROCK
Roxanne? Does she want to date me now?

LIAM
Well, unfortunately, Elizabeth here told Roxanne that she was already going out with you and that you wanted to get married.

BROCK
What?!

ELIZABETH
Stop this right now, Liam!

LIAM
After Roxanne heard this, she stormed off, and I don't think she's ever coming back.​

BROCK turns to ELIZABETH and explodes in anger.

BROCK
YOU STUPID *****! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! I PUT UP WITH ALL OF YOUR ********! I LET YOU COME TO THE GYM EVERYDAY! I LET YOU TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME EVEN THOUGH I NEVER RECIPROCATE IT! AND THEN YOU TURN AROUND AND MAKE THE WOMAN THAT I HAVE THE HOTS FOR THE MOST HATE ME?! DAMMIT!​

As Elizabeth breaks into tears, BROCK rips one of the rock from the arena up and chucks it at the wall. The rock shatters into pieces.

BROCK
GET OUT! GET OUT RIGHT NOW, YOU *****! I DON'T WANT TO EVER SEE YOU BACK HERE!​

ELIZABETH runs out of the gym, still crying. LIAM stares at BROCK, shocked.

BROCK
WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT?! DON'T YOU HAVE WORK TO DO OR SOMETHING?! YOU AREN'T GETTING PAID FOR NOTHING!

LIAM
Yes, sir! I'll get right to work, sir!

LIAM (T.H.)
So... I guess I hit a sore spot of Brock's or something. I still think this was a good idea, though.​

As LIAM runs into the office, BROCK collapses onto the gym floor.

BROCK
DAMMIT! DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

BROCK (T.H.)
It's amazing how a single person can ruin your life in the span of one conversation. I don't even know what to do right now. I need water. I wish the Water type gym leader was hot so that I could actually enjoy drinking water.​

INT. MANSION LIVING ROOM

ELIZABETH is sitting in her living room, drinking a glass of wine.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
So for now, I think I'm just going to lay low for a bit. Brock will find it in his heart to forgive me eventually... I hope. I've never seen anybody yell like that before! It's terrifying! I was crying and I don't even legitimately love the man! I can't imagine what I would do if I actually was in love... probably **** my pants. Anyway, I will make my grand return soon enough, and when it does, it will kick Brock's ***!​

Bay

Years
SABRINA
It's exactly what he's thinking.

LT. SURGE
We nuke them!
YESSSSSSSS! Nuke Lt. Surge is back in business!

ELIZABETH
I haven't failed yet! After that commercial, I tried to move on to bigger and better things, like game show hosting or news anchoring, but every application was turned down! I couldn't stop though. I was like an Arcanine in heat! I needed a new job!​
She sure has a huge fiery spirit, LOL.

Love this chapter. Really funny take on the gym leaders there. Of course, you know I'll love the NUKEEEEEES. :p I feel sorry for Misty dealing with them, haha.

The revelation of Elizabeth actually acting to fall in love with Brock is quite a twist there. Haha of course, who is actually sane enough to be a fan of Brock? :P It was a bad idea for her to shoo Roxanne like that though. Brock is actually scary when he's mad. ._. Nonetheless, can't wait to see how this will turn out in the next few chapters.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Episode 10: The Trial​

BROCK and LIAM are searching around the office.

BROCK
I swore I left that coupon somewhere!

LIAM
We've torn the entire office up and haven't found anything, though!

BROCK (T.H.)
The other day, I got a "kids eat free" coupon for a local diner. I was going to take Liam out as thanks for the job he's doing, but I can't find it. And I can assure you, I am NOT paying for his meal under any circumstance.

BROCK
If we don't find this coupon, we aren't going out to eat!

LIAM
I've looked everywhere! I can't find it!

BROCK
Please, as if you can call what you're doing "looking". You haven't even lifted any papers up!

LIAM
You know what? Maybe we got some new coupons in the mail! I'll go check!​

LIAM leaves the office.

BROCK (T.H.)
I didn't get that coupon from the mail in the first place. I have no idea what that kid is talking about.​

LIAM returns with a stack of mail.

LIAM
Well, I don't see any coupons, but hold on, I have to do my squats first!​

LIAM begins squatting, but BROCK swipes the mail from him.

LIAM
Hey!

BROCK
Let's see what we got here. Junk, junk, junk, court summons, junk. Oh well. Wait... court summons?!

LIAM
Uh-oh.

LIAM (T.H.)
So I never told Brock that Gladys was going to bring him to court. I guess I should have taken into account that Gladys WAS going to bring him to court.​

BROCK rips the letter open and begins reading.

BROCK
"From the law offices of Joyce"... isn't that Gladys's friend?

LIAM
Er... it sounds familiar.

BROCK
"We request that you attend court tomorrow in order to stand trial for the case of Gladys v. Brock. If you do not show up, it will be assumed that you plead guilty, and you will be fined for damages to Gladys's reputation and property. Have a pleasant day, Joyce." What the hell is this all about?!

LIAM
No clue, sir.

BROCK
There's no way Gladys has any idea about our exploits with the tape, right? She has no case!

LIAM
Er... right.

LIAM (T.H.)
I'm starting to think I should tell Brock.

BROCK
So we'll go in there, fight this thing, and counter sue for wasting my time!

LIAM
I don't think you can actually sue someone for that, sir.

BROCK
Well you should be able to!​

All of a sudden, a man in a suit and bow tie, LARS, walks into the office.

BROCK
Hey, who the hell are you? Have you ever heard of knocking?

LARS
Ah, excuse me. I'm Lars. I'm a lawyer with the Pokémon League.

LARS (T.H.)
Being a lawyer for the Pokémon League is... exciting, to say the least. I'm still working on this big defense for Erika. I still can't figure out how to justify her closing the gym to all males.

BROCK
A lawyer?! Don't tell me you're going to sue me too?!

LARS
No, of course not! I was sent by the Pokémon League to help you! I'm their corporate lawyer! Whenever someone in the league gets involved in a lawsuit, I'm sent to help.

LIAM
Sir, the higher ups are going to help us out of this!

BROCK
I don't need a lawyer!

LARS
Brock, if you want to fight this, you need me. I've contacted this Joyce character, and apparently she has very concrete evidence against you. Luckily I've been able to get into contact with some character witnesses that should be able to help...

BROCK
I told you! I don't need a lawyer! I'm going to represent myself in court!

LARS
That's a foolish mistake.

BROCK
It may very well be, but at least then I can put that I was a lawyer on my resume!

LARS
That's not how that works.

BROCK
Really? Dammit. Fine, you can defend me.

LARS
Good. Now I'm going to need to know if the plaintiff, Gladys, contacted you in any way before the lawsuit came to light.

BROCK
Nope! We haven't heard a peep from her since I almost had sex with her at that museum gala!

LARS
Oh...

LARS (T.H.)
I've defended crooks, murderers, and people that let their Pokémon poop on other people's lawns without any moral quandaries, but I'm feeling kind of iffy defending this Brock character.

LIAM
Well... she may have said some stuff to me.

BROCK
What?!

LARS
Do go on.

LIAM
Um... when I went into her office, I may have written something on her desk... and she may have found it.

BROCK
Why the hell would you write something on her desk?!

LIAM
I dunno... it's like when a Growlithe pisses on your carpet to mark its territory, I guess. And I wanted to add insult to injury by defacing her property too.

LARS
Well, this doesn't leave us well off. I didn't know she had such solid evidence.

BROCK
Dammit Liam! I bet we're going to lose this case because of you!

LARS
Calm down. Have faith in our witnesses. If we can woo the jury, we'll be set. Anyway, I'm going to return back to the office. I'll see you two characters tomorrow at the courthouse.​

LARS leaves the office.

BROCK
Liam, this is all your fault! I can't believe you did this!

LIAM
I'm sorry, sir.

BROCK
First that ***** scares off Roxanne, and now this! I can't believe it! Why is life sucking so much?!

LIAM
Chin up, sir! Lars seemed to think that we can do well in the trial tomorrow.

BROCK
As if! We're screwed! So utterly screwed!​

BROCK storms into his office as LIAM sighs.

LIAM (T.H.)
Well, at least I got off better than Elizabeth did.​

INT. COURTROOM LOBBY

BROCK and LIAM are waiting in chairs, dressed up in suits. LARS enters.

LARS
Well, are you ready for this?

BROCK
No.

LARS (T.H.)
Clients tend to be nervous right before the trial begins. They have reason to be, too. Half the time I show up hung over to these trials.

LARS
Don't worry. I don't think that Joyce is going to call you as a witness. I'm certainly not calling you as a witness either, so you just have to sit nicely and look sympathetic to the jury.

BROCK
Will do!

LIAM
What about me?

LARS
I haven't heard much about you. There's been talk of a Regis character, though.

LIAM
That's me...

LARS
Why would you have two names? No wonder you got into this mess.​

INT. COURTROOM

BROCK, LIAM, and LARS enter the courtroom and take their seats at the defendant's bench. GLADYS and JOYCE notice them and walk over.

GLADYS
Ha! Today is finally the day I get to ruin you, Brock!

JOYCE
I bet you didn't know I was a lawyer, right?​

JOYCE laughs.

JOYCE (T.H.)
I hope whoever is watching this doesn't assume I'm just some unemployed layabout until they finally watch the trial.

LARS
Don't reply to them. They're trying to goad you into a response.

BROCK
Well it's working! I'm in a ****** mood, Gladys. The last thing I needed was this ******** lawsuit! You aren't going to see a penny out of me, and then you're going to rot in jail!

LARS
The judge can't make her go to jail, you know.

BROCK
I don't care! I'll make a citizen's arrest if I have to!​

LARS sighs.

JOYCE
Someone is angry! This should be fun!

GLADYS
Remember, Joyce, you have a job to do.

GLADYS (T.H.)
How come you're still filming? Are cameras even around in the courtroom?​

GLADYS and JOYCE return to their seats as the BAILIFF enters the room.

BAILIFF
All rise for the honorable Judge Reinhold.​

As the courtroom audience rises, REINHOLD enters the courtroom and takes his seat.

REINHOLD
Order in the court! Some large fries, please!

BAILIFF (T.H.)
I have told the judge many times to not quit his day job.​

The courtroom audience sits downs as REINHOLD begins talking again.

REINHOLD
Okay, so we have the case of Gladys v. Brock today. I see we have a lovely jury. Who is our head juror today?​

HARRIET rises from the jury bench.

HARRIET
Hello, your honor.

BROCK
Wait a minute, I know Harriet! How can she be a juror?

HARRIET
Do I know you?

BROCK
I'm Brock! I gave you those fitness lessons!

HARRIET
Doesn't ring a bell.

JOYCE
Harriet suffers from advanced age. I doubt she has any recollection of you or me.

REINHOLD
Well, can we get this thing started already? My bowling league is meeting today and I don't want to be late. The last person to show up always has to buy pizza and I'm not made of money.

BROCK (T.H.)
The courts in Pewter City use an odd system. Because of the number of petty lawsuits that keep popping up, all trials can only last one day. I'm partly to blame; I once sued a man for looking at me funny.

REINHOLD
So can we hear from the plaintiff now?

JOYCE
Of course.​

JOYCE gets up and talks to the jury.

JOYCE
People of the jury, the man you see before you is a very bad man.

REINHOLD
Hey! I'm going to hold you in contempt of court!

REINHOLD (T.H.)
I like threatening to hold people in contempt of court. I've never actually made good on my threats, but still, it shows them that I have the power!

JOYCE
I'm talking about Brock, your honor. He ruined my client's reputation by manipulating a poor, young man.

LIAM
I resent that! Once my exercise tapes become a hit, I won't be poor anymore!

JOYCE
Can everyone stop interrupting my opening statement?

REINHOLD
Yeah, we get it, Brock is bad. You're done. Can the defense get up here?​

JOYCE sits down as LARS gets up.

LARS
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the plaintiff is a big, fat liar. Brock is a good man. He always stops for traffic lights... except when he's in a rush. He pays his taxes early... except for when he forgets. And he has never murdered anyone! Would a man like that be guilty? Absolutely not!​

LARS sits down.

BROCK
Thank you. That was very flattering.

REINHOLD
Okay, so the plaintiff has evidence or a witness or something, right?

JOYCE
We have both!​

JOYCE pulls out a stack of photographs and starts passing them out.

JOYCE
Exhibit A! As you can see, Liam wrote on Gladys's desk! He must have wrote that when Brock forced him to steal from her office.

LARS
Objection! You have no way to prove that Liam wrote that in the office at that time, or that the Liam that wrote that is the same Liam that sits before us today!

JOYCE
Don't sustain that objection, your honor!

REINHOLD
What? Hold on, I'm looking at this picture. It's great! What kind of camera did you take it with? Is this glossy print?

JOYCE
Whatever. I have a witness that will prove that Liam WAS in the office at the time. I call the Editor in Chief of the Pewter City Gazette to the stand!​

The EDITOR IN CHIEF walks up to the stand. The BAILIFF holds a copy of the Book of Arceus up to him.

BAILIFF
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you Arceus?

EDITOR IN CHIEF
Um... I thought we discussed this earlier. I wasn't going to swear on the Book of Arceus.

BAILIFF
Oh, sorry. Hold on.​

The BAILIFF puts down the Book of Arceus and holds up a copy of the Pewter City Gazette. The EDITOR IN CHIEF places his hand on the paper.

BAILIFF
Do you swear the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you... um... yourself, I guess?

EDITOR IN CHIEF
I do.

BAILIFF (T.H.)
I hate when witnesses want to swear on stuff other than the Book of Arceus. Just deal with it. We don't have "one nation under Arceus" in our Pledge of Allegiance just so you can swear on a stack of your own newspapers!
JOYCE approaches the witness stand as the EDITOR IN CHIEF takes his seat.

JOYCE
Mr. Editor, let me ask you a question. On the day Gladys claims that a tape from her office was stolen, did you get any visitors?

EDITOR IN CHIEF
Yes! There was a boy named Regis! He accused Gladys of being a corrupt journalist!

JOYCE
And what did this Regis boy look like?

EDITOR IN CHIEF
Why, there he is, right in front of us!​

The EDITOR IN CHIEF points to LIAM. This causes an uproar in the courtroom. JOYCE shouts over the commotion.

JOYCE
As we can see, Liam was in the Pewter City Gazette offices on the day the tape was stolen! Not only did Brock have him steal, he had him defame my client as well.

BROCK
No I didn't!

REINHOLD
ORDER!​

REINHOLD bangs his gavel until the courtroom becomes quiet.

REINHOLD
Brock, can you prove you didn't have the boy commit those crimes?

BROCK
Of course I can! Didn't you hear all those nice things my lawyer said about me? Would a guy like that commit any crimes?

REINHOLD
Well, if the defendant has nothing else to say, I'm willing to let the jury make its decision right now. The faster this is over, the faster I get to my bowling league.

LARS
Hold on! We still have a witness to call!

JOYCE
Do you really think a character witness will save you? I've established quite well that Brock is a terrible person.

LARS
I don't care! I call Merv to the stand!

MERV (T.H.)
When I heard I was going to be a witness in a trial, I got really excited! My trophy wife loves all those law shows, so being a real life witness will surely win her back!​

MERV walks up to the witness stand and the BAILIFF holds the Book of Arceus up to him.

BAILIFF
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you Arceus?

MERV
Yeah, sure, I just need to be off the witness stand by three.​

LARS approaches the stand as MERV sits down.

LARS
Merv, let me ask you something. Is Brock a good guy?

LARS (T.H.)
What I do with character witnesses is ask them questions that will receive a positive answer about the defendant, and then... uh... that's it.

MERV
Brock is a great guy! Not a lot of people like me. My ex wife doesn't like me. My ex trophy wife that I left my ex wife for doesn't like me. But Brock? Brock's a stand up guy. I attended a fitness program he ran. He was a great teacher, and the program price was very affordable.

JOYCE
Objection! I was there! That entire program was a ripoff and a scam!

MERV
How did I become so much more fit then?

REINHOLD
Order! Lars, continue.

LARS
Thank you. Now then, do you have anything else to say, Merv?

MERV
Actually, I have a question. You lawyers were saying earlier that Liam is also some Regis guy. How can that be?

LARS
Apparently Liam used the name Regis when he allegedly entered the Pewter City Gazette offices.

MERV
There's no way that they're the same person! I visited the Pewter City Gym one time, and some guy named Regis was there! He was a real jerk! That couldn't have been Liam! He must have an evil doppelganger or something!

LARS
So you're saying that Liam and this Regis character can't be the same person?

MERV
Exactly!​

The courtroom breaks into an uproar.

LARS
Jurors, you heard it with your own ears! Liam and Regis are not the same person, which means there is no way to prove that Liam was at the Pewter City Gazette offices on the day Gladys lost her tape!

GLADYS
No way! I happened to meet "Regis" at the Pewter City Gym as well, and it was definitely just Liam putting on a tough guy act!​

REINHOLD bangs his gavel.

REINHOLD
ORDER! Witness, are you sure Liam and Regis are two different people?

MERV
They have to be! Either that, or he has a split personality!

LARS
I'd like to request Liam's medical records be brought here immediately! That will prove without a doubt that Liam is not Regis!

GLADYS
Dammit, Joyce! How is this happening?

JOYCE
I didn't realize that their witness would be so stupid!​

The BAILIFF heads out to retrieve the medical records.

LARS
Once the bailiff returns, we'll have all the evidence we need to get you off the hook, Brock!

BROCK
That's good.

BROCK (T.H.)
I'm really bored. I can't even remember the last time I talked to the camera like this.​

The BAILIFF returns with the medical records and distributed copies to the courtroom audience.

LARS
As you can see, Liam is mentally healthy! There's no way he has split personality disorder, therefore, he is not Regis, and he did not break into Gladys's office on the day her tape recording went missing!

REINHOLD
Well, I think that's all we have to see. Jury, it's time to deliberate!​

INT. COURTROOM LOBBY

BROCK, LIAM, and LARS are discussing the trial.

LARS
Well, it looks like we've got this in the bag!

LIAM
When we win, I want to celebrate with some ice cream!

BROCK
Sorry, but I don't have any coupons for ice cream, Liam.​

The BAILIFF walks into the lobby.

BAILIFF
The jury has made its decision. Time to go back in there.

LARS
Ready to hear the good news?

LIAM
I was until I heard there wasn't going to be any ice cream.​

INT. COURTROOM

Everyone has taken their seats except for REINHOLD, who walks out of his chamber wearing a bowling shirt instead of his judge's robes.

REINHOLD
Sorry, everyone, but I really have to get to my bowling league after this trial!​

REINHOLD takes his seat.

REINHOLD
So anyway, jurists, what decision have you come to?​

HARRIET rises.

HARRIET
We find the defendant, Brock, not guilty!​

HARRIET sits back down as BROCK gets up to do a little dance.

BROCK
Haha! In your face, Gladys!

GLADYS
I can't believe this! You're such a disgrace to Pewter City! You deserved to lose this lawsuit and get fired from your job as gym leader!

LARS
Fired? He seems a bit air headed, but not that bad.

GLADYS
You should have been there when I interviewed him! He's the most incompetent gym leader out there! He goes through excessive lengths to avoid battling people! I'm pretty sure he even faked his death! Joyce, is there anything we can do to stop this?

JOYCE
Argh... the jury made the decision. We're finished.

REINHOLD
Well then, Brock is not guilty, and court is adjourned. Now if you'll excuse me, I got to go bowling!
GLADYS sighs, but then she looks at the camera.

GLADYS
Wait! That camera has been filming Brock at least since I first interviewed him! Why didn't we think of those before? Evidence of his crimes have to be on there!

REINHOLD
Sorry, but he was already declared not guilty, and we have double jeopardy here and all that. So goodbye!​

REINHOLD rushes out of the courtroom as GLADYS approaches BROCK.

BROCK
Well, unfortunately for you, my defense was rock solid!​

GLADYS slaps BROCK.

GLADYS
You idiot! You can only continue this charade for so long until everything collapses around you! I hope you burn in hell!

LARS
I'm sorry, miss, but do you have any proof of these accusations?

GLADYS
It's like I said earlier: it's all in that camera. I'm sure its recorded plenty of Brock's blunders. Once that footage gets out, he'll be revealed for the sham he is!​

With that, GLADYS storms off, JOYCE chasing after her.

GLADYS (T.H.)
Stop filming me! Haven't you realized by now I'm sick of being on your stupid little show? And I'm never prepared! I didn't even put my good makeup on today!

LARS
Hmm... how much has been recorded, Brock?

BROCK
Oh, there's so much recorded! My interview with Gladys, my fitness program scam, faking my death...

LARS
Wow, that sounds like a lot.

LARS (T.H.)
So I've decided I'm going to take these tapes back with me to the Indigo Plateau. Whatever shenanigans have been going on at Pewter City, the League needs to know about. Especially if there are any potential lawsuits on our hands. I really don't want to defend Brock again.​

BROCK and LIAM walk into the gym.

LIAM
Sir, you did a great job out there today!

BROCK
I know! Lars helped out too, but I did most of the legwork.

BROCK (T.H.)
Lars told me not to, but I'm going to put "lawyer" on all my future resumes anyway.

LIAM
So what do we do now, sir?

BROCK
Eh... I don't know...​

BROCK puts his hands in his pockets, lost, but then seems surprised.

BROCK
Wait! I have something in my pockets! I hope it's money!​

BROCK pulls something out of his pockets, but it's not money. Instead, it is a coupon.

LIAM
There it is! The missing coupon! But... how'd it get into those pants?

BROCK (T.H.)
I don't really have a system for storing paper, so I tend to just stuff coupons and stuff in whatever pants I have. The only reason I didn't check my dress pants in the first place is because usually I only store coupons that give me fifty dollars or more off in them!

BROCK
That's not important! It looks like we can go out to dinner now after all! I still wish it was money in my pocket, though.

LIAM
Yay! I get a free meal!

BROCK
Actually, we're going to split the bill.

LIAM
Yay! I'm going to split the bill!

BROCK
Let's go already! If we get there before five we only have to pay lunch menu prices!

LIAM
Sounds, good, sir!​

BROCK and LIAM exit the gym.

Bay

Years
LARS (T.H.)
Clients tend to be nervous right before the trial begins. They have reason to be, too. Half the time I show up hung over to these trials.​
Very unprofessional there, Lars. D: Then again, why am I not surprised, haha.

REINHOLD
Order in the court! Some large fries, please!​
You'll get your fries after the trial, judge.

Another fine chapter there. Haha, Gladys should have thought of using the show's camera as evidence, so it sucks that she didn't. And yay for the return of Harriet and Merv! It pays to have stupid people as witnesses, sometimes. :P Looking forward to what happens next!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Episode 11: The Inspection​

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM

Sitting in the room are LORELEI, a bespectacled woman with her hair tied up, BRUNO, a buff man wearing nothing except baggy pants, AGATHA, an elderly woman wearing an old fashioned dress, and LANCE, a fiery haired man wearing a cape. The room is dark, except for a TV at the end of the room, currently playing the scene of BROCK faking his death. LANCE picks up the remote and pauses the video.

LANCE
Well, what do we all think?

LORELEI
I always thought Brock was kind of dumb, but I didn't realize he was this incompetent.

LORELEI (TALKING HEAD)
I'm in charge of all public relations for the Pokémon League. Anyway, a while ago, I was approached by a production company that wanted to do an eight part series on all the Kanto gym leaders. I thought that was fine, so I approved it. After one day of filming down in Pewter City, they call me up and say that they're going to need to stay in Pewter for a bit longer because apparently they were getting great footage. Now I understand.

AGATHA
I agree with Lorelei. Why did we hire him in the first place?

BRUNO
Er... he may have been my cousin.

AGATHA
Nepotism?! Dammit, Bruno!

LANCE
Calm down, Agatha. If I recall correctly, the old leader had left, and no one else wanted the position in Pewter City. He was literally the only person who would take the job.

AGATHA
Don't tell me to calm down, Lance! Why didn't we properly vet him?

BRUNO
Why weren't you so worried about this when he was first hired?!

BRUNO (T.H.)
Agatha is just trying to get revenge on Brock for tackling her at the Pokémon League barbecue.

LANCE
Please, calm down! Let's not worry about what we didn't do in the past; focus on what we're going to do now. Do we remove Brock from his position now?

BRUNO
And replace him with who?

LANCE
Er...

LORELEI
To be honest, I'm still a bit weary of this video. It was filmed as a documentary meant to entertain. How do we know that this wasn't edited to hell and back in order to make Brock look like an idiot?

AGATHA
So you want him to keep his job?

LORELEI
Don't jump to conclusions. What I'm suggesting is that we send an inspector to the Pewter City Gym. If Brock has just been made to look like a fool, the inspector will tell us that, and if Brock really is a fool, the inspector would also tell us that.

LANCE
Well, this sounds like the best option to me. Can we all agree?
BRUNO, LORELEI, and AGATHA nod.

LANCE
I'll send the inspector right away.

BROCK and LIAM are talking.

BROCK
Things look like they're really turning around! Even though all that crap with Roxanne happened, I managed to beat that trial! I feel unstoppable!

LIAM
I bet that if a challenger walked into the gym right now, you could beat him!

BROCK
Don't go that far. But still, I feel as if I'm on top of the world!​

The office phone rings.

BROCK
Oh my! You know what? I bet that's someone telling me that I won one of those contests we entered a while back!​

BROCK and LIAM rush into the office, and BROCK grabs the phone.

BROCK
Hello! Did I win?

LANCE (VOICE ONLY)
Brock? Hey, it's Lance.

BROCK
Oh. To what do I owe this call?

LANCE (V.O.)
Nothing major. Just thought I'd give you a heads up that a Pokémon League inspector should be dropping by in a few hours.

BROCK
Why?!

LANCE (V.O.)
Oh, it's just a standard inspection. Don't worry about it!

BROCK
I'm not worried!

LANCE (V.O.)
Ah, good. Have a pleasant day then.​

LANCE ends the call. BROCK drops the phone onto the floor.

LIAM
Sir, are you okay?

BROCK
I'm finished!

LIAM
What are you talking about?!

BROCK
And I was doing so well, too! I got rid of Elizabeth, I beat that trial, but none of it matters anymore!

LIAM
Calm down, sir!

BROCK
No! This is the end! The Pokémon League finally got wise to my game! That inspector is going to fail me, and then I'm going to get the boot from the gym!

LIAM
What do you mean? You're a great gym leader, sir!

BROCK
No, I'm not.

BROCK (T.H.)
I used to think I was hot ****. Ever since that reporter came, though, I've felt terrible. I tried ignoring it, but reflecting on everything that had happened since, I noticed I made a lot of terrible decisions: faking my death, my outburst at the ribbon cutting, my argument with Roark at the convention. I guess it took someone else realizing that I'm a horrible gym leader for myself to realize that I'm a horrible gym leader.

BROCK
Liam, get out of here. I need to be alone.

LIAM
But what about the inspector?!​

BROCK gets up and pushes LIAM out the door.

LIAM is pacing back and forth.

LIAM (T.H.)
Brock has been locked up in his office for about an hour now. I don't know when the inspector is coming, but right now, things are looking grim. The gym is terribly dirty, and there's absolutely nothing going on!​

LIAM goes to office wall and bangs on it.

LIAM
Get out here, sir! I'm going to need your help to prepare for the inspector!

BROCK (V.O.)
What's the point? It won't make a difference anyway!

LIAM
We can do this, sir! You just have to come out of that office, and then we can prepare to really impress that inspector!​

LIAM does not get a reply. LIAM tries to open the office door, but it is locked.

LIAM
Ugh. How the heck am I going to prepare the gym for an inspection without Brock's help?​

EXT. MANOR

LIAM rings the manor doorbell. The door opens to reveal ELIZABETH, standing in her pajamas.

ELIZABETH
Oh dear, the cameras are here! Why didn't you tell me? I'm not prepared at all! My hair is all frizzy! People can't see me like this!

LIAM
There's a problem at the gym!

ELIZABETH
I know that. Brock rejected me.

LIAM
No, a real problem.

ELIZABETH
What is it?

LIAM
An inspector is coming to the gym! If we don't pass, the Pewter City Gym is finished!

ELIZABETH
Hmm... that wouldn't be good for my aspirations of stardom. Fine, come in.
ELIZABETH motions for LIAM to enter the manor.

INT. MANOR LIVING ROOM

ELIZABETH and LIAM walk into the living room. They both take a seat on different couches.

ELIZABETH
So this is my place. I bought it with all my lottery money. It's nice.

LIAM
Don't be modest. It doesn't suit you.

ELIZABETH
Ha! I suppose you're right! Look at this place! It's great!​

ELIZABETH points to a gigantic statue of herself a way off in the room.

ELIZABETH
I had that built on commission. I wanted it done in a day and it WAS done in a day.

LIAM
Exactly how much money did you win in the lottery?

ELIZABETH
A lot.

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
Yes, I had my lottery money, but then I took half of it and used it to short sell a bunch of Pewter City Gym stocks. Best idea I ever had.

ELIZABETH
Anyway, what do you want? You said there was some sort of problem with an inspector...

LIAM
An inspector is coming and Brock is depressed and there is no way the gym can be ready in time and I'm out of breath!

ELIZABETH
Hm... I'm assuming that if Brock fails the inspection, he will be fired, correct?

LIAM
Correct!

ELIZABETH
Ugh. We can't have that now, can we?

LIAM
We can't!

ELIZABETH
So what do we do?

LIAM
We do!

ELIZABETH
What?

LIAM
Er... never mind. I got caught up in the moment. But anyway, if you were to help out, and Brock didn't fail, he would really appreciate it.

ELIZABETH
Good. I'm tired of being a bit player in this documentary. I want to be second only to Brock!

LIAM
But wait... that's me! I'm second only to Brock right now!

ELIZABETH
Oh, that's why you're funny, Liam.

LIAM (T.H.)
Maybe coming here was a bad idea...

LIAM
Why do you care so much about this anyway? You already won the lottery. Why not just use your money to make you famous?

ELIZABETH
I don't want to be famous just for being rich like some stupid heiress, Liam. If I'm going to be famous, I want to go about it the right way. I want the public to love me because of my broadcasted antics with Brock, not because of my money.

LIAM
Either way, you're conceited.

ELIZABETH
So be it. Can we get over to the gym now? I want Brock to fall in love with me already.

LIAM
Yes, but you can't draw attention to yourself. Brock is still pretty pissed off about what happened with Roxanne, so if he knew you were helping me before it happened, he would really flip out.

ELIZABETH
Fine, I'll put up with your little charade for now. Let's go.​

INT. CAR

The Pokémon League inspector, GARTH, is driving in his car to the Pewter City Gym.

GARTH (T.H.)
Hello, I'm Garth, and I'm the inspector for the Pokémon League. Do I like my job? Eh, it's okay. I don't really get called into action very much. The last time I was needed at a gym was due to a complaint at the Vermilion City Gym. I got a tip off that Lt. Surge was expressing gross misconduct. Turned out he was just picking his nose.​

LIAM and ELIZABETH walk into the gym.

ELIZABETH
So what needs to be done?

LIAM
Well, the entire gym needs to be cleaned. That's usually my job, but I kind of gave it up after I started my whole squatting phase.

ELIZABETH
That can be done; we'll just need to hire some homeless people for an hour. What else?

LIAM
According to the Pokémon League handbook, activities such as Pokémon battles should take place at the gym.

ELIZABETH
We know there's an Articuno's chance in hell of that actually happening, so what else can we do?

LIAM
Well, the gym leader is supposed to promote the local community as a whole...

ELIZABETH
Okay then! We'll hold a big fundraiser tonight for the museum. I'll call the local press so they can make an announcement.​

ELIZABETH whips out her cellphone.

ELIZABETH
Liam, go over to the museum and tell the curator we're holding the event. Then make some fliers and hand them out to anyone you see. I'll take care of the cleaning.

LIAM
Yes, ma'am!

LIAM (T.H.)
It's almost like she's running the gym...​

INT. PEWTER CITY MUSEUM LOBBY

LIAM enters the museum to find MAGNUS milling around.

LIAM
Magnus...

MAGNUS
Oh, Liam my boy! I'm sure glad you recovered from that pretty grim beating the Kabuto gave you! We were all so worried!

MAGNUS (T.H.)
Was I personally worried for him? No. But quite frankly, it's a liability for the museum to have people getting hurt here.

LIAM
I'm doing fine. I was surprised Madeline didn't visit me, though.

MAGNUS
Oh, she can just be a little shy sometimes. But what brings you here? Did you want to check out the new exhibit we have on Aerodactyl urine?

LIAM
No... I just came to tell you that we're holding a big fundraiser for the museum at the gym.

LIAM (T.H.)
Dammit, there's a new exhibit about Aerodactyl urine?! Why did that inspection have to be today?!

MAGNUS
Oh really?! That's so generous! I'll be sure to tell everyone I know, and don't be surprised if I make an appearance!

LIAM
Sounds good. Be sure to hype it up!​

ELIZABETH is pacing around the gym, talking on her cellphone, as a large group of homeless people, led by CLIFF, are cleaning the gym.

ELIZABETH
So we're having a fundraiser at the gym tonight for the Pewter City Museum. Can we get on the news?

DIRK (V.O.)
I suppose I can give you a spot. It's been a slow news day. The most newsworthy thing that happened today was that a plane landed safely.

CLIFF
Hey boss, can we all use the bathroom here?

ELIZABETH
For the last time, Cliff, no!

DIRK (V.O.)
What was that?

ELIZABETH
Just talking to someone else. But thank you so much, Dirk! I'll tell everyone I know to watch GNN today!

DIRK (V.O.)
Okay. You'll see my on the TV tonight. Bye.​

ELIZABETH closes her phone.

CLIFF
Now why can't we use the bathroom? My buddies and I haven't been squatted a loaf on a toilet seat in ages!

ELIZABETH
Squat a loaf... what? Who calls it that?

CLIFF
I do!

ELIZABETH
Well not today! Finish up cleaning and get out of here!​

BROCK is sitting at his desk in a daze, watching TV.

BROCK (T.H.)
I've been watching a lot of TV lately. Did you know there was a channel that tells you what channels tell you what's on the other channels?​

BROCK is flipping through channels when he hits GNN.

DIRK (T.V.)
Good afternoon, everyone. We here at GNN have an announcement to make for the Pewter City Area. Tonight there will be-​

BROCK changes the channel.

BROCK (T.H.)
Boring!​

LIAM walks into the gym.

LIAM
Wow, this place looks amazing!

ELIZABETH
If you have enough homeless people, anything is possible. So what next?

LIAM
Well, we can set up some gambling games where all the proceeds go to charity, and give a prize to whoever wins the most money.

ELIZABETH
Prize, got it. What else?

LIAM
If we charge people at the door we can give them some sort of meal.

ELIZABETH
I'll just get some fast food and put it on fancy silverware. No one will notice.

LIAM
That works.

LIAM (T.H.)
We may actually be able to pull this off.​

BROCK is sitting at his desk, still watching TV, but now eating a bag of chips too.

SOAP ACTRESS (T.V.)
Don't ever leave me!

SOAP ACTOR (T.V.)
I can't, because you used Mean Look on me!​

BROCK grabs a handful of chips and stuffs them into his mouth.

BROCK (T.H.)
This is gripping stuff.

SOAP ACTRESS (T.V.)
You stole my heart by using Thief!

SOAP ACTOR (T.V.)
I had to. I failed at killing your lover because I only used False Swipe.​

The gym is now completely transformed. Gambling paraphernalia is set up on one side, while tables, chairs, and dining equipment, and food is set up on the other side.

LIAM
The place looks great. Brock will be proud. Sadly, you have to go now. We can't risk Brock seeing you anymore.

ELIZABETH
I understand. But thankfully, Brock will want me back in his life after this evening is a success!​

ELIZABETH waves goodbye to LIAM and walks out the door.

LIAM (T.H.)
Good thing she's gone. I had no intention of telling Brock about any of her help. I don't want her taking any of my credit!​

EXT. PEWTER CITY GYM

GARTH parks his car in the gym parking lot and exits.

GARTH (T.H.)
Wow, lots of cars around here! I wonder what's going on? It's my job to find out, so I may as well go in! I just hope there's no nose picking involved.​

GARTH walks up to the gym door and enters.

GARTH enters.

GARTH
Holy Miltank!​

The gym is packed with people gambling and eating. LIAM notices GARTH has arrived and runs over.

LIAM
Hello, you must be the inspector! I'm Liam, the gym assistant!

GARTH
I'm Garth. I must say, it's quite impressive what you've put on here!

LIAM
How about I take you around for a look?

GARTH
That would be great. Is the gym normally this clean?

LIAM
Normally? I'd call this a bad day!

GARTH
Wow, you must keep the gym pretty tidy.

LIAM
Absolutely I do, and that is not a lie at all!​

LIAM and GARTH walk over to a blackjack table. JEFF, MERV, and STEVE are all playing.

LIAM
As you can see, the vibrant Pewter City community has come out to gamble for charity.

STEVE
Charity?! You mean we don't get to keep our winnings?!

STEVE (T.H.)
It turns out the stockbroker business isn't doing so well anymore, so if anyone out there just wants to donate money to me, that would be great!

MERV
I'm just excited about that prize! My trophy wife was always complaining about the microwave, so if I returned with a new one, she'd surely take me back!

JEFF
I'm just happy to be playing blackjack.

JEFF (T.H.)
When Brock was playing, blackjack was a disaster. I don't mind playing blackjack in the gym as long as I don't see his face at the table.

GARTH
Gee whiz, people from all walks of life show up to support the gym!

LIAM
Yes, people support the gym all the time! I am not fibbing at all right now!​

LIAM and GARTH are walking over to the dining area when they are stopped by MAGNUS, with MADELINE in tow.

MAGNUS
Liam, this is great! I wish you could throw fundraisers for the museum more often!

LIAM
You know me, there are so many charities we have to support, it's hard to find time for them all. I'm not bending the truth right now!

GARTH
Golly, the Pewter Gym sure is charitable!

MAGNUS
Madeline sure is impressed with everything!​

LIAM looks at MADELINE, but she quickly turns away from him.

MADELINE (T.H.)
Usually when I take advantage of people, I never see them again, so when I heard I had to go to the Pewter City Gym tonight for a fundraiser, I was seriously considering attending in a disguise.

LIAM
Enjoy the rest of the night, Magnus!

MAGNUS
I'm sure I will!​

LIAM and GARTH walk over to the dining area, where ARTIE is currently eating.

LIAM
As you can see, we also provided food for everyone in attendance.

ARTIE
This hamburger is simply delectable! Though it does taste awfully similar to the hamburger you can purchase at the establishment just a bit down the road...

LIAM
That must be purely coincidental! What I said was not a false statement!

LIAM (T.H.)
I sure have been doing a lot of flat out lying tonight...

GARTH
What's that over there?​

GARTH points over to a TV with a couple of exercise mats in front of it, where HARRIET is currently doing squats.

LIAM
Oh, that? It's nothing, honestly!​

GARTH walks over to the TV, with LIAM chasing after him. GARTH examines the TV and sees LIAM is on it, guiding an exercise.

LIAM (T.V.)
Good job on those four squats! For this next exercise, we're going to do five squats! That's one more squat than the last exercise!

HARRIET
I'm improving already!

GARTH
You put out exercise tapes as well? I didn't know that the Pewter City Gym was fighting obesity!

LIAM
Oh, those are just a side project of mine...

GARTH
Nonsense! You sure are devoted to this gym! But where's the man of the hour, Brock?

LIAM
I'll get him.
LIAM walks over to the office door, with GARTH following him. LIAM knocks on the door.

LIAM
Brock, the inspector is here!

BROCK (V.O.)
Fine. I guess I'll come out now...​

BROCK exits the office, his hair disheveled and his clothes covered with chip crumbs, and his jaw drops as he surveys the gym.

BROCK
I can't believe it...

GARTH
Brock, I have to say that this is a wonderful event that the Pewter City Gym is holding tonight! It's great to see gym leaders want to take an active part in the community!

BROCK
Oh... oh! Of course it is! I try my best. You know I once donated a rock to the Pewter City Museum?

GARTH
Well, I'm sure the amount of money you'll raise for the museum tonight will top that!

BROCK
Oh, this is for the museum?

GARTH
I beg your pardon?

BROCK
I said, "This is great for the museum!"

GARTH
It sure is! Now then, it was nice to meet both of you, but I've seen all I need to see here. I'll be going back home now. Enjoy the rest of the night!

BROCK
We sure will!​

GARTH goes through the rest of the crowd and makes his exit.

BROCK
How the hell did you pull this off, Liam?

LIAM
Hard work and determination?

BROCK
That's good enough for me! I can't believe it! I've dodged another bullet! I should have been more optimistic!

LIAM
And you should definitely not thank Elizabeth for any of this, because she did not help in any way whatsoever.

BROCK
That's fine with me; I hate that girl. Now then, I haven't used the bathroom all day. Excuse me for the moment.​

BROCK enters the bathroom and shouts.

BROCK (OFF CAMERA)
What the hell is a homeless guy doing in here?!

CLIFF (OFF CAMERA)
I'm just squatting a loaf!

BROCK (T.H.)
There are some days that you think are going to go bad, but they end up turning out really well. This was one of those days! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go play blackjack. I saw that one guy I played with earlier at the table! I'm sure he'll love to play cards with me again!

LIAM (T.H.)
I'm just happy all the work is over. I'm not even in the mood for squats right now.​

INT. CAR

GARTH is in his car, driving back to the Pokémon League.

GARTH (T.H.)
I have to say, I was really impressed by what a saw at the Pewter City Gym! Good people, good times, good food, and it's all thanks to that Liam kid! He's really the heartbeat of that gym! How would it function without his ambition? It probably wouldn't!​

Bay

Years
[ELIZABETH (T.H.)
Yes, I had my lottery money, but then I took half of it and used it to short sell a bunch of Pewter City Gym stocks. Best idea I ever had.​
Very smart. :P

CLIFF
Now why can't we use the bathroom? My buddies and I haven't been squatted a loaf on a toilet seat in ages!

ELIZABETH
Squat a loaf... what? Who calls it that?
WUT? Just wow, lol.

Haha at the soap opera Brock was watching. Indeed, some intense stuff there. XD

I have to say, I actually like that in this chapter Brock realizes all the horrible things he had done throughout the show. Sure, it took him 11 episodes to figure that out, but better late than never. *nods* Yay for Brock feeling better and everything turning out well in the end.

Looking forward to the last two chapters!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Haha at the soap opera Brock was watching. Indeed, some intense stuff there. XD

I have to say, I actually like that in this chapter Brock realizes all the horrible things he had done throughout the show. Sure, it took him 11 episodes to figure that out, but better late than never. *nods* Yay for Brock feeling better and everything turning out well in the end.

Looking forward to the last two chapters!
I liked writing the soap opera. It was so, so stupid. :P

Brock has realized how incompetent he is, but unfortunately, he prefers hiding in his office, eating chips, to actually going out and trying to be a good gym leader. I guess finding the homeless guy in the bathroom is karmic justice for that. XD

And yes, only two more to go. :O

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Episode 12: Brown Nosing​

INT. CAR

BROCK is driving in a rental car with LIAM in the passenger seat.

BROCK (TALKING HEAD)
So Liam and I are on the way to Indigo Plateau. The Elite Four has summoned us there to go over the results of the inspection. Quite honestly, I'm expecting an increase in funding.

LIAM
I don't get why we're driving there so early, then...

BROCK (T.H.)
You see, I'm going there so early because even though we both think the inspection went really well, there's nothing wrong with doing a bit of *** kissing beforehand. I'll just pay a visit to all the members of the Elite Four, and when they go over my inspection, they'll just remember how charming I was!

LIAM
Hey, can I turn the radio on, sir?

BROCK
Don't you dare!​

INT. HALLWAY

BROCK and LIAM walk through the Pokémon League hallway and reach the office of LORELEI.

BROCK (T.H.)
So first off I'm going to take Lorelei out for lunch. I may be taking a big risk here, since I've never had much luck with the ladies, but I'm just brown nosing, so no pressure!​

BROCK knocks on the office door, and LORELEI walks out.

LORELEI
Hello?​

BROCK is stunned, as his eyes are fixed on her cleavage.

BROCK
Uh...

LORELEI
Close you mouth. That's how you catch bug type Pokémon.

BROCK
Uh... sorry!​

BROCK quickly shifts his gaze upward.

LORELEI
You're Brock, aren't you? That would explain why the camera's following you, at least. What do you want? We aren't having our meeting with you for a few more hours, and even so, we aren't having the meeting in my office.

BROCK
Oh, I thought Liam and I would just take you out for lunch!

LORELEI
I packed a sandwich on my way to work... but fine, I guess we can go out for lunch.

LORELEI (T.H.)
I'm not that big a fan of being filmed, especially when I'm eating. Why does everyone have to watch me chew? It's disgusting!​

INT. DINING ROOM

BROCK, LIAM, and LORELEI have gone to a restaurant. A WAITER approaches there table.

WAITER
And what will we be having to eat this afternoon?​

BROCK glances at LORELEI.

BROCK
I'll have the breast... er... I mean chicken breast!​

LORELEI sighs.

LORELEI (T.H.)
Yes, my boobs are big. Get over it.

LIAM
I'll have half of a grilled cheese sandwich!

WAITER
We don't offer half. You can only order the whole thing.

LIAM
But wouldn't it be cheaper?

WAITER
Nope. It would cost the same.

LIAM
Fine, I'll have the grilled cheese.

LIAM (T.H.)
Brock told me he that he wasn't going to pay for my meal, so I'm trying to be frugal.

LORELEI
I'll have the broccoli rabe.

WAITER
Okay. I will be back with your orders soon.
The WAITER leaves.

LORELEI
Liam, you put on quite the spectacular at the gym the other day, or at least I heard.

BROCK
Oh, the fundraiser was great!

LORELEI
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Liam.

BROCK
Oh...

LIAM
Well, it was a lot of hard work, but I think it paid off. Everyone was really impressed! Even the inspector!

BROCK
So Lorelei, how about this weather we're having? It sure has been nice out. It's good weather to just go for a stroll in!

LORELEI
Is that all you can talk to me about? Just pointless small talk?

BROCK
Uh... what's your favorite color?

LORELEI
Blue.​

LORELEI takes a sip of her wine.

LORELEI (T.H.)
Where's the waiter? I'm going to need more of this.​

The WAITER has brought the food out. As BROCK, LIAM, and LORELEI eat, BROCK looks at a certain area of LORELEI.

LORELEI
You know, Brock, when you eat, you should try and keep your head up.

BROCK
Sorry!

BROCK doesn't move his head.

LORELEI
That's wasn't a suggestion; that was an order.

BROCK
Oh...​

BROCK lifts his head up.

LORELEI
Look at that! You're eating like a non-perverted adult now!​

LIAM sees the WAITER and motions to him.

LIAM
Excuse me, but are there free refills on soft drinks? I nearly finished my soda.

WAITER
Sorry, sir, but we charge on refills.

LIAM
Oh, just get me a water then. That doesn't cost me anything, right?

WAITER
Right.​

The WAITER leaves.

WAITER (T.H.)
I have a bad feeling that kid isn't going to tip very well.​

BROCK is still struggling to have a conversation with LORELEI.

BROCK
Hey, so have you been watching "Kanto's Next Top Trainer"? I really want Leroy to win, but Tyrone seems pretty popular with the ladies.

LORELEI
I don't have time to watch TV, and if I did, I wouldn't waste my time watching reality garbage like that.

LORELEI (T.H.)
Yes, Brock is paying for my meal, but it really isn't worth it. This just proved there truly is no such thing as a free lunch.​

The WAITER comes out and brings two bills over to BROCK and LIAM.

WAITER
You said you wanted different bills, so here's one for the man and his lady-

LORELEI
We aren't a couple.

WAITER
And here's one for the boy.​

LIAM opens his bill, and mints fall out.

LIAM
Take these back! I don't want to pay for them!

WAITER
The mints are complimentary, sir.

LIAM
Oh, thank goodness!​

The WAITER leaves.

LORELEI
Well, I actually have work to do, so I'm going to leave now. You'll take care of the bill, right?

BROCK
Right.​

LORELEI gets up from the table and leaves. As soon as she's out of sight, BROCK gets up and leaves, leaving his bill unpaid.

BROCK (T.H.)
Dine and ditch!

LIAM
Hm... the waiter was okay. I guess I'll give him a five percent tip.​

LIAM gets his cash out, pays his bill, and leaves.

WAITER (T.H.)
Only fifty cents for a tip... I knew it!​

INT. HALLWAY

BROCK (T.H.)
So next up is Bruno. This dude is my cousin. He got me my job at the Pewter City Gym, and for that, I am eternally grateful. So I will be taking him out to watch an exhibition battle.​

BROCK knocks on the door to the office of BRUNO. BRUNO exits.

BRUNO
Brock?! What are you doing here, buddy?

BROCK
Oh you know, I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd show up early, say hi to all the Elite Four.

BRUNO
That's great, but you know, I'm really swamped with work right now.

BROCK
I got us tickets to that exhibition match today.

BRUNO
I guess I can go for a break, then. You do know that as a member of the Elite Four, I don't need to pay for tickets though, right?

BROCK
Dammit, I bought two tickets! What the hell am I going to do with this extra one?​

BROCK looks at LIAM for a moment.

BROCK
Liam, you go wait in the car. I'm going to try and scalp this ticket before the battle.

LIAM
Yes, sir.​

INT. INDIGO PLATEAU ARENA

BROCK and BRUNO are sitting down, watching the battle.

BROCK
Hey, that one guy has an Onix! Kick his ***, Onix!

BRUNO
You do realize that the other trainer is using a Vileplume, which knows attacks that are super effective against Onix, and that Onix will probably lose this battle? I mean, you do know that, right? You know at least that much?

BRUNO (T.H.)
Sometimes I still try to validate my decision to make Brock a gym leader.

BROCK
Of course I know everything about Pokémon battles, cousin! I'm a gym leader!

BROCK (T.H.)
And I know that Onix is going to win. Rock types rule!

BRUNO
Anyway, I heard Liam put on an impressive program at the gym the other day.

BROCK
Well, Liam and I. Mostly I. It was a joint effort, but I was the jointest of that effort.

BRUNO
Jointest? Is that even a word?

BROCK
You know Shakespeare invented words? Well, so do I.

BRUNO
But you aren't Shakespeare!​

BROCK and BRUNO share a laugh.

BROCK (T.H.)
Bruno better watch it. I am just as inventive as Shakespeare!

BRUNO
But it's still good to know that someone is doing something at the Pewter City Gym.

BROCK
And that someone is me, obviously. Liam, too. But mostly me.​

BROCK turns his attention to the battle again.

BROCK
What?! Why'd he switch out Onix?! You can never go wrong with a rock type!

BRUNO
But now he's using Rapidash. He has the type advantage.

BROCK
But he doesn't have the cool advantage. Rock types for life!​

A BARKER starts moving down the aisle.

BARKER
Hot pretzels! Get your hot pretzels here! Get them while they're hot! Or you can wait until they cool! It doesn't matter to me! Hot pretzels here!

BROCK
Bruno, can you get me a hot pretzel?

BRUNO
Why can't you pay for one yourself?

BROCK
I just figured you can get them for free because you're a member of the Elite Four and all that...

BRUNO
Fine... One hot pretzel, please!

BARKER
Sure thing, Bruno, and it's on the house!​

The BARKER hands BRUNO a pretzel. BROCK grabs it.

BROCK
Yay! Yay! Yay! Thanks, Bruno!

BRUNO (T.H.)
Being with Brock is like babysitting a small child.​

INT. CAR

LIAM is sitting in the car, singing along with the radio.

LIAM
And I'm here to remind you, of the Muk you left when you went away, it's not fair to deny me, of the cross-chop bruise that you gave to me, you, you, you oughta know!​

LIAM notices the camera.

LIAM (T.H.)
That totally isn't me singing! It's the radio!​

INT. INDIGO PLATEAU ARENA

The battle is now over, and the crowd begins to leave.

BROCK
That was quite an enjoyable match! I'm pretty upset that trainer didn't use the awesome power of rock Pokémon, though.

BRUNO
He would have been at a disadvantage if he brought Onix out again! All of his opponent's Pokémon had a strength against rock types!

BROCK
Rock types have no weaknesses.

BRUNO
Grass, water, ground, fighting, steel.

BROCK
It's all in their head. Mind over matter! They can overcome their weaknesses if they think about it hard enough!

BRUNO
That's not how it works, Brock.

BROCK
Rock should be able to beat everything! I mean, if I hit you in the head with a rock in real life, you would die! The same should apply toPokémon.

BRUNO
Whatever. It was nice seeing you again, Brock, and I guess I'll see you soon, when we go over the inspection.

BRUNO (T.H.)
I am not looking forward to that.​

INT. HALLWAY

BROCK and LIAM are now standing outside the office of AGATHA.

BROCK
You said you took care of plans for Agatha, right?

LIAM
Yes, sir, I did.

BROCK
Good! Er... what exactly are those plans again?

LIAM
Tea time, sir.

BROCK
Oh, so we're going to go to a cafe or something?

LIAM
No, sir. Agatha will be brewing the tea herself.

BROCK
Her... herself?! Liam, you know how I feel about old people preparing food and drink for me!

LIAM
Sir, if you want to look good in front of the Elite Four, you have to do this! It'll really make up for that time you tackled her!

LIAM (T.H.)
I should have known Brock wasn't going to take this well...

BROCK
Liam, this is a matter of life and death! I don't care if you want to gamble your own life away, but why did you have to offer up mine?

LIAM
This is for your own good, Brock!​

LIAM knocks on the door.

BROCK
Dammit! There's nowhere to hide!​

The door opens and AGATHA walks out.

AGATHA
Hello? Who is it?

BROCK
Her crippling eyesight prevents her from seeing us! Quick, Liam, let's get out of here!

AGATHA
I can see you. I just don't recognize you.

LIAM
This is Brock, and I'm his gym assistant, Liam.

AGATHA
Oh, Liam! I talked to you on the phone earlier. That's right. I recognize your voice. Well, come in, come in.​

AGATHA walks into the office.

LIAM
Sir, you have to go in now.

BROCK
I can't do it! I can't do it!

LIAM
Sir, I promise you that Agatha will not try to poison you.

BROCK
What if she doesn't try? What if she succeeds?

LIAM
She won't. Old people are... dimwitted anyway.

LIAM (T.H.)
I had to say something to get him to agree to go in.

BROCK
You're right. They're brains aren't what they used to be. I guess I'll go in.

BROCK (T.H.)
Listen, if I die in there, I want you to use this video as evidence in that murder. Give her the death penalty!​

INT. AGATHA'S OFFICE

BROCK and LIAM take a seat on a couch in the office. AGATHA begins to heat water.

AGATHA
Liam, you must be a bright young man, holding such a great fundraiser for the Pewter City Museum.

BROCK
Why is everyone giving Liam credit for that? I'm the gym leader, you know!

LIAM
It was quite a hectic day, but everything went smoothly in the end. I even sold some copies of my exercise tape!

AGATHA
It's good to see youngsters take an active role in the community. Make sure to stay active, though. Don't end up as some old duff, just staying inside, fiddling around with your Pokédex.

BROCK
Liam is to young to be doing that, you disgusting old hag!

LIAM
I don't think that was a euphemism, sir.

BROCK
Oh, my apologies then, Agatha.

AGATHA
It's alright, I guess. I'm just happy you came. I heard you're actually going to try something I made this time?

BROCK
Listen, I was pretty sure those hot dogs were going to kill everyone! I wasn't willing to take that risk! I had to tackle you!

AGATHA
Luckily, that is in the past. Now we can just sit here like old friends and drink tea.

AGATHA (T.H.)
Ugh, I can't wait to just get this over with already. At least I'm getting a chance to see Brock suck up his pride.​

The water heated, AGATHA pours it into three teacups, and she pulls out a selection of teabags.

AGATHA
Is black cherry okay?

LIAM
I'm fine with that.

BROCK
I don't care.​

AGATHA begins to brew the tea.

AGATHA
I used to not use teabags, but it has become difficult in my old age.

BROCK
That must be a real shame.

BROCK (T.H.)
I don't care what has become difficult in her old age! You see, this is why young people are the best! We don't need people to help us wipe our asses when we go poop!

AGATHA
Take advantage of your youth, Liam. I can tell you this, you have a lot to look forward to in your future.

BROCK
And how would you know that? Are you some kind of witch?

LIAM (T.H.)
I was doing okay until Brock brought up the possibility of Agatha being a witch. Now I'm just afraid she's going to eat me.

AGATHA
I'm not a witch, just someone in the know.​

AGATHA finishes brewing the tea and gives cups to BROCK and LIAM.

AGATHA
Enjoy!​

AGATHA takes a sip. LIAM follows suit.

LIAM
This tea is excellent!

AGATHA
Black cherry is one of my favorites. Well, are you going to try some, Brock?

BROCK
Oh, you want me to drink it?

AGATHA
That's the idea.​

BROCK looks at the cup of tea. His hand begins to tremble.

BROCK
I don't know. I mean, I had a lot to eat and drink at lunch, and then I had that hot pretzel... it just seems like I consumed enough for now.

AGATHA
Nonsense! You can at least have a sip of tea!

BROCK
I guess I can...​

BROCK begins to lift the teacup to his mouth, his hand trembling more and more as he does so. Finally, it reaches his lips.

BROCK
Well... b-b-bottoms up!​

BROCK is about to drink the tea when...

BROCK
I can't do it! I can't!​

BROCK sends the teacup flying onto the ground, the tea spilling everywhere and the teacup smashed into a ton of tiny pieces.

BROCK
I can't do it! I just can't take the risk!​

AGATHA sighs.

AGATHA
That was a perfectly good teacup too, you know.

AGATHA (T.H.)
Really, it seems like every time I meet up with Brock, something of mine gets broken. First it was one of my bones, now my fine china.

LIAM
I'm sorry about that.

AGATHA
Don't worry about it, Liam. Some people just never change.​

AGATHA turns to BROCK.

AGATHA
You made this mess; you're going to clean it up. Go over to the janitorial closet and get yourself a mop.

BROCK
Yes, ma'am.​

INT. HALLWAY

BROCK and LIAM leave the office. BROCK is exhausted from mopping the floor.

BROCK
That's the problem with old people! They think just because they had to do hard labor back in the olden days, we should have to do hard labor too!

LIAM
So, who's next?

BROCK
Just Lance. Then we've hit everyone.​

BROCK and LIAM arrive at the office of LANCE. BROCK knocks, and LANCE exits. LANCE has a very stern look on his face when he sees it's BROCK at the door, his arms crossed. LANCE says nothing.

BROCK
Uh...

LANCE
If you don't have anything to say, go away!

BROCK
Okay.​

BROCK quickly submits to LANCE and walks away. LANCE notices LIAM standing there.

LANCE
Oh, Liam. I heard how well that fundraiser at the gym went. Keep up the good work.

LIAM
Thank you, sir!​

LANCE slams the door shut.

LANCE (T.H.)
Listen, I don't have time to deal with clowns like him, and I certainly don't have time to deal with you clowns behind the camera. Now get the hell out of my office!​

INT. INDIGO PLATEAU LOBBY

BROCK AND LIAM are pacing around when BRUNO greets them.

BRUNO
Ah, Brock and Liam. Follow me. We're ready for you.​

BRUNO leads BROCK and LIAM through the building until they reach a pair of double doors. They enter.

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM

LORELEI, AGATHA, and LANCE are already sitting down. BRUNO takes his place with the rest of the Elite Four, while BROCK and LIAM sit on the opposite side of the table.

LANCE
So we received the report from the inspector the other day. After taking a look through it, we settled on a decision.

BRUNO
It wasn't easy.

AGATHA
It was for me.

LORELEI
I had to read through a couple times to make sure what I was seeing was true.

LANCE
Yes, well, after careful deliberation, we are sorry to say, Brock, that as of now, you are hereby relieved of your duties as Pewter City Gym Leader.

BROCK
What?! How can that be?! The inspection went great! The inspector was so impressed! There must be something wrong!

LANCE
There is nothing wrong. We made our decision.​

BROCK jumps up from his seat.

BROCK
You can't do this! I did such a great job at that fundraiser! You can't call it anything but a success!

LANCE
I know. That's how we came to our second decision. Liam, you are no longer a lowly gym assistant. Congratulations, Gym Leader Liam.

LIAM
Seriously? I'm a gym leader now?

LANCE
Yes. Bruno has decided to visit sometime next week to help you transition. As soon as everything is running smoothly, the gym will be yours.

LIAM
I... I can't believe it. I mean... I've dreamed of this happening before, but...

BROCK
But what about me?! What happens to me?!

AGATHA
Nothing. You are no longer employed by the Pokémon League.​

BROCK goes over to the Elite Four and gets on his knees.

BROCK
You can't do this! Being gym leader is the only thing I have! Without it, my whole world collapses!

BRUNO
Don't worry, cousin. Now that you're unemployed, there's an endless amount of new opportunities that await you.

BROCK
NO! I'm finished!​

BROCK grabs on to the cape of LANCE.

BROCK
You can't fire me! YOU CAN'T! I need this job! I need it! I NEED IT!​

LANCE kicks BROCK off of his cape.

LANCE
Get off of me. You need to accept the fact that you are no longer a gym leader. Move on with your life.

BROCK
I can't do that! It is my life!​

AGATHA sighs.

AGATHA
Bruno, get him out of here.​

BRUNO gets up from his chair and picks up BROCK. BROCK shouts as BRUNO moves him to the door.

BROCK
You can't do this! I'll never forgive you! Let go of me! I swear I'll have my revenge!​

BRUNO throws BROCK out of the room.

LIAM
So... uh... what kind of health benefits do I get now?

BROCK (T.H.)
Well, **** on a stick.​

INT. LORELEI'S OFFICE

LORELEI is working in her office when the WAITER from earlier enters.

LORELEI
What do you want?

WAITER
Well, you didn't pay your bill from earlier. I would have given it to the gentleman with you, but I have no idea where to find him.

LORELEI
Oh, he didn't pay? That's just great.
LORELEI hands the money over and the WAITER leaves.

LORELEI (T.H.)
I'm not even going to bother tracking Brock down to pay me back. Lousy unemployed bum.​

Bay

Years
My favorite parts have to be when he was with Lorelei and Agatha. Lorelei's breasts are indeed quite big, LOL. It's a good thing she appeared during the Orange Islands arc or else Brock will have a huge nosebleed. :P And oh my gosh, Brock's such a wimp for not drinking Agatha's tea, oi.

Hahahaha, poor Brock there at the end. That's what he gets for all the stuff he had done throughout this series. So Liam's going to be the new gym leader, huh? Hopefully he won't be like Brock and then Rock types have no weaknesses. :P Wee, close to the last chapter!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
My favorite parts have to be when he was with Lorelei and Agatha. Lorelei's breasts are indeed quite big, LOL. It's a good thing she appeared during the Orange Islands arc or else Brock will have a huge nosebleed. :P And oh my gosh, Brock's such a wimp for not drinking Agatha's tea, oi.

Hahahaha, poor Brock there at the end. That's what he gets for all the stuff he had done throughout this series. So Liam's going to be the new gym leader, huh? Hopefully he won't be like Brock and then Rock types have no weaknesses. :P Wee, close to the last chapter!
Brock trying to drink the tea and failing miserably is possibly my favorite moment that I've written and the one I'd most like to see actually acted out due to how absurd it is. XD

And if all goes well, final episode will be up tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Episode 13: Sycophant Search​

INT. OREBURGH CITY GYM

ROARK walks into the gym. HEATHER is waiting for him.

HEATHER
Good morning, Roark! The gym is clean and ready for the day!

ROARK
Absolutely wonderful! Good job, Heather! By the way, did you hear the news?

HEATHER
What news?

ROARK
Brock was fired from his position as gym leader. It's such a shame. He was a great guy!

HEATHER (TALKING HEAD)
No he wasn't.

HEATHER
So wait, who's the new gym leader?

ROARK
Oh, his old gym assistant is! Liam!

HEATHER
So how come I work my *** off and get no reward for it, but that kid does nothing and gets promoted?

ROARK
I think he actually put on quite the fundraiser at the gym. At least, that's what I've heard. Good for him!

HEATHER
What's the point of even staying here, then? I have no hope for promotion if my superior is more competent than me! I quit!

ROARK
Well, if that's what you really want... go follow your dreams!

HEATHER
Really? You aren't going to complain about it?

HEATHER (T.H.)
What does the future hold for me? Applying to be the gym assistant at the Pewter City Gym. Then I'll just have to wait it out until Liam is fired, and I'll finally be a gym leader.​

LIAM and BRUNO are talking in the arena.

BRUNO
So you should know all the basics by now, I hope.

LIAM
Yes, sir! Training was really helpful.

BRUNO
Just one last thing: you're going to have to hire a gym assistant.

LIAM
Really? I get to have my own assistant?!

BRUNO
Well, yeah. You replaced Brock, someone needs to replace you.

LIAM
Wow! I don't even know where to start looking!

BRUNO
You'll probably just want to hire a sycophant.

LIAM
Sycophant?

BRUNO
You know, a yes man! Someone who will just agree with everything you say and obey all of your orders!

BRUNO (T.H.)
Actually, that may be bad advice. That's exactly how Brock got into his predicament. He needed someone to tell him "No"!

LIAM
Okay! I guess I'll put out a want ad or something.

BRUNO
Good. Now that you've finished training, I'll only be dropping by every week or so for the next couple of months. The transition period is crucial. If you can get through it successfully, you'll end up being a great gym leader. If you don't... you'll end up being the next Brock.

LIAM
Don't worry, sir! I'll give it my all!

BRUNO
That's the kind of enthusiasm I like to hear! Have a great day!

LIAM
You too, sir!​

BRUNO leaves the gym.

BROCK (OFF CAMERA)
Is it okay to come out now?​

BROCK peeks his head out of the office, making sure the coast is clear, and then tiptoes out.

BROCK
It's a good thing he'll be visiting less frequently now! Sneaking around is hard work!

LIAM (T.H.)
Brock... won't leave the gym.

BROCK (T.H.)
Yes, I have been living at the gym since I was fired. I mean, I lived at the gym before I was fired, too, so what's the big deal?

LIAM (T.H.)
I really need to get rid of him.

LIAM
He'll still be coming here, though. You can't keep this charade up forever!

BROCK
Don't worry about it! He's my cousin; he won't care! we're family! Can you clean the bathroom? I made it pretty nasty in there!

LIAM
Brock, I'm the gym leader now. You can't order me around. And anyway, you're the only one that uses the bathroom here!

BROCK
So that's how it is, Liam? After working together for so long, we're no longer friends?

LIAM
We're still friends, but we're no longer working together! You need to accept that fact, Brock!

BROCK
So will you clean the bathroom, friend?

LIAM
I have to go put up ads around town for the assistant position. You can clean it yourself.​

LIAM leaves to go to his office and print out ads. BROCK stands in the gym, bewildered.

BROCK (T.H.)
It's like he's bossing me around. What's up with that?​

LIAM begins typing up the ad, but becomes distracted by the mess in the office.

LIAM
Brock, my office!​

BROCK enters.

BROCK
Don't you mean my office?

LIAM
What is this?!​

LIAM points to a stack of pizza boxes.

BROCK
Oh, that's the Leaning Tower of Pizza! For every pizza I order, I throw the box on top of the tower!

LIAM
Throw it out.

BROCK
You can't throw out the Leaning Tower of Pizza! It's a landmark!

LIAM
I'm not going to throw it out. It's not my mess. You throw it out!

BROCK
What part of "It's a landmark" did you not understand?

LIAM
This is my office now, Brock! I can't have your garbage all over the place!

BROCK
It's not garbage!​

LIAM goes over to the tower and starts throwing the pizza boxes at BROCK.

LIAM
How do you like it?! Is it garbage now?!

BROCK
That's vandalism! I'm going to report you!

LIAM
I'm going to report you for loitering at the gym you no longer work at!

BROCK
Fine, fine!​

BROCK picks up the stack of pizza boxes and walks out of the office.

BROCK (T.H.)
This is much too important to throw out. I'm just going to hide it in the bathroom.​

The next day, LIAM walks into the gym. BROCK is waiting for him.

LIAM
You're still here...

BROCK
I stayed up really late! Turns out I got hungry, so I ordered Chinese food! I hope you like the smell of reheated General Tso's chicken in the morning!

LIAM
Listen, Brock, the potential assistants should be coming in today for interviews. I need you to be on your best behavior. Actually, do you know the expression "children should be seen, not heard"?

BROCK
Of course I do! I taught you that expression! You didn't follow it very well...

LIAM
For today, I would prefer if you were neither seen nor heard.

BROCK
This is my domain! I must survey the land! You can't tell a Tauros to not roam the plains! That would be Pokémon cruelty!

LIAM
It's a good thing you're not a Pokémon, then.​

LIAM walks away into his office.

LIAM (O.C.)
Ew, what's this smell?!

BROCK
You don't like it?​

LIAM is on the phone.

LIAM
Hello, Roxanne! It's Liam! If you remember, I used to be Brock's gym assistant! Guess what? Now I'm the gym leader! There's a bit of a problem, though. Brock is moping around the gym all day, and I really need him to move on. Is there any way you could give him another chance? He wasn't actually seeing that other girl, you know! He actually despises her now, after she lied to you! So please, PLEASE, call back! Thank you!​

LIAM hangs up the phone.

LIAM (T.H.)
I've been trying to get in contact with Roxanne for awhile now. She won't answer any of my calls. It's getting annoying. I don't know how to solve this Brock situation otherwise!​

BROCK walks into the office. LIAM seems annoyed.

LIAM
What is it, Brock? I got a busy schedule today.

BROCK
Have you seen my toothbrush?

LIAM
Your toothbrush?

BROCK
I also use it to comb my hair, too, but it's technically a toothbrush.

LIAM
You know what, don't just find your toothbrush. Find all of your stuff, gather it up into a box, and move out.

BROCK
C'mon, Liam! You know I don't want to live in the bathroom!

BROCK (T.H.)
I did live in a bathroom for a week one time when I went abroad. My host family in Isshu did not like me very much.

LIAM
Not out of the office! Out of the gym!

BROCK
You have been quite the prankster lately, Liam. First you made me get rid of the Leaning Tower of Pizza, now you want me to move out? It's so silly of you! You need to take your new job more seriously.

LIAM
I am, Brock, and to do that, I can't have you hanging around all day interfering in my work!

BROCK
Fine! I'll gather all my stuff up!

BROCK (T.H.)
I have no intention of moving out. I guess I'll just have to suck up my pride and move into the bathroom after all. At least that way I'll have a scenic view of the Leaning Tower of Pizza.​

BROCK begins searching through the office for his belongings. He finds an earpiece.

BROCK
Hey, remember this? We used this when you infiltrated the Pewter City Gazette! Boy, you can't beat those memories!

LIAM
And doing that nearly got us into a lot of trouble. I'll pass on remembering that.​

Next, BROCK finds the "Let's Chuck Tonight, Baby!" videotape.

BROCK
This is what made me the strong man I am today.

LIAM
My exercise tapes are better.

BROCK
Please, all you care about are squats.

LIAM (T.H.)
Just because all I care about are squats doesn't mean I don't care about a wide variety of squatting techniques!​

BROCK then grabs a pickax.

BROCK
Without this, we would have never found that cool rock!

LIAM
And you would have never embarrassed yourself at that ribbon cutting for the Pewter City Museum. We didn't even use pickaxes to find that rock, anyway!

BROCK
Someone has a sharp tongue today...​

BROCK comes across a bunch of Boulder Badges.

BROCK
And look at all these! I haven't given one of these out in ages! That's just how good I am!

LIAM
What about that one challenger? Hal, wasn't it? He pretty much wiped the floor with you.

HAL (T.H.)
So how did my Pokémon training journey go? Well, I kind of gave up. You see, I heard the calling. Now, I'm doing Arceus's work. Can you believe those barbarians in Isshu don't believe in Arceus?! And the family that was hosting me made me sleep in the bathroom!

BROCK
That doesn't count! I was having an off day! But anyway, I found a bunch of junk, now! My hotel key card from when I went to the convention, a bunch of losing scratch off lottery tickets from that time I got obsessed with gambling... doesn't all of this remind you of good times, Liam?

LIAM
You aren't going to change my mind, Brock!​

It is now time for the interviews. LIAM walks out of his office to see MERV, DALLAS, and HEATHER milling around as BROCK tries to make awkward conversation with all of them.

BROCK
Hey, have you ever lived in a bathroom before?

HEATHER
No...

HEATHER (T.H.)
What the hell is he still doing here? Wasn't he fired? And all of his questions are bringing up bad memories of my trip to Isshu!

LIAM
Uh... Dallas, I'll interview you first.

DALLAS
That's alright with me, pardner!​

LIAM and DALLAS walk into the office.

LIAM and DALLAS sit down. DALLAS puts his feet on the desk.

DALLAS
I tell ya', I was shocked when I heard ya' scrawny little kid was going to be the new gym leader.

LIAM
Well, here I am: the new gym leader. Anyway, what kind of qualifications do you have to be gym assistant?

DALLAS
For one thing, I'm the best of the west!

LIAM
The best of the... west?

DALLAS
Ya' heard me right!

LIAM
Is that a real thing?

DALLAS
It sure is!

LIAM
Do you have a certificate proving that you're the best of the west? Can your references confirm it?

DALLAS
Course they can!

LIAM
On the resume you sent me, you listed your two references as "Houston" and "San Antonio", and for contact information you just put "See me". Can you explain what that's all about?

DALLAS
Of course! Those are my fists!

LIAM
And I think I've heard enough. Have a good day, Dallas.​

DALLAS angrily gets up and leaves the office.

DALLAS (T.H.)
I tell ya' this, if I don't get that job, he'll be hearing from Houston and San Antonio!

LIAM
Merv! Come in! You're next!​

MERV cautiously walks into the office.

MERV
Is it okay to sit down?

LIAM
Of course! Why wouldn't it be?​

MERV takes a seat gingerly.

MERV
Are you Regis or Liam?

LIAM
Liam.

MERV
Oh, that's good! I can relax!

LIAM
So your resume actually looked pretty solid, Merv. I just noticed one thing... you wrote that you have a disability.

MERV
Oh, you know me! I always have to go to the bathroom at three in the afternoon!

LIAM
Yes, I know that. You bring it up every time I see you. Every single time. Without fail.

MERV
I just don't want to alienate people. It's for the best that I explain it to them.

LIAM
Why did you not put any references, though?

MERV
The only person who I could think of that would say good things about me is... me.

LIAM
Oh... well...

MERV
Oh, it's three! Sorry, but I got to go!​

MERV quickly gets up and leaves the office.

MERV (T.H.)
That's not the only interview I had to leave early to use the bathroom for. Am I worried? Of course not! I got the job last time that happened!

LIAM
Heather, you're next!​

HEATHER walks in and takes a seat.

LIAM
I... was surprised to see you apply...

HEATHER
Oh, you know me!​

HEATHER smiles and leans closer to LIAM, making him visibly nervous.

LIAM
So... you had a great resume... great reference... um...

HEATHER
Do we really have to go through this? Just hire me! I'm the only candidate with actual gym assistant experience! Those other losers are totally unqualified compared to me!

LIAM
Er... well...

HEATHER
Liam, if you hire me, I will cater to your every need. I will do whatever you ask of me. If you tell me to jump, I will jump. I will not ask "How high?" That just needlessly complicates things.

LIAM
It... does?

HEATHER
It does.

LIAM
Fine! Welcome aboard, Heather! You're the new gym assistant!

HEATHER
Isn't that just grand?!​

MERV barges into the office.

MERV
Hey, have you seen that huge stack of pizza boxes in the bathroom?! It's huge! You should call it the Leaning Tower of Pizza! Get it? It's a pun!

LIAM
What?! BROCK!​

A furious LIAM jumps up and marches out of the office.

BROCK
Hey Liam! Who did you hire?

LIAM
What did you do with those pizza boxes?!

BROCK
I threw them out!

LIAM
NO! You moved them into the bathroom!

BROCK
That's practically throwing them out, isn't it?

LIAM
I can't believe you! Throw them out! For real! NOW!

BROCK
Why don't you appreciate my talents?

LIAM
What talents?! You just stacked a bunch of garbage together! Now throw it out!

BROCK
Don't tell me what to do! You aren't the boss of me!

LIAM
YOU'RE RIGHT! I AM NOT THE BOSS OF YOU, BECAUSE YOU DON'T WORK HERE ANYMORE, AND YOU NEVER WILL AGAIN! NOW CLEAN UP AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE SO I CAN DO MY JOB!​

BROCK stands in silence, shocked. HEATHER hops out of the office.

HEATHER
Sir, do you need me to take care of him?

BROCK
No, don't worry about me. I'll be on my way for good, now...​

BROCK slowly walks into the office.

HEATHER
I'll escort the other two out of here, then.​

LIAM enters as BROCK gathers the rest of his belongings. LIAM watches in silence until BROCK notices.

BROCK
What? Have you come to yell at me some more?

LIAM (T.H.)
As I watched Brock, I felt bad. The two of us used to be a team. What happened? I had to make it up to him somehow. I had to make sure that he was able to move on in life without becoming a complete failure. So that's why I did what I did...

LIAM
Brock, do you remember Elizabeth?

BROCK
Don't remind me...

LIAM
Her affections for you won't real. She was just trying to use you to become a big TV star.

BROCK
Makes sense. Who the hell would love me, anyway?

LIAM
Well, remember when you made us buy all those lottery tickets? You told her to keep them once you got over that phase.

BROCK
Of course I remember.

LIAM
Well... she won.

BROCK
Does this have a point?

LIAM
Brock, even though you scared her away, she's still hellbent on becoming a star! She even helped out with that fundraiser because I told her it would gain your favor! She made me promise that I wouldn't tell you she won the lottery, but I don't care anymore! Don't you see, Brock? You don't have to live life in squalor! You can go to her!

BROCK
Really?

LIAM
Absolutely! Just don't tell her I said any of this.

BROCK
You're doing this all for me?

LIAM
You two deserve each other.
BROCK gets up and hugs LIAM.

BROCK
I don't even know how to thank you!

LIAM
Don't worry about it.​

BROCK picks up the box with all of his belongings and takes one last look at the office.

BROCK
So I guess this is goodbye?

LIAM
Only for now. I'm sure we'll meet again. After all, Elizabeth lives in town, and I'm sure you'll be getting an invite to my next fundraiser.

BROCK
And I'm sure I'll attend!

BROCK (T.H.)
Liam? In the end, he really deserved to be gym leader. He'll do a much better job than I ever did. I have a lot of faith in him.​

With that, BROCK leaves the office, and the Pewter City Gym altogether. HEATHER enters the office.

HEATHER
I just saw Brock leave. He seemed... happy? Is everything okay?

LIAM
Of course everything is! I gave the greatest gift I could give to him: a life of complacency! Now let's get some challengers into this gym!

HEATHER
Yes, sir!

HEATHER (T.H.)
Darn it! It seems like Liam is actually focused on doing gym work for now! Hopefully he'll lose his enthusiasm soon enough...

LIAM (T.H.)
After everything we've been through, I have to say it's a bit bittersweet to see Brock leave. Sure, I got caught up in his antics all the time back then, and now that I have a position of authority, I've realized all of those antics were mistakes, but after thinking about it, I don't think I'd give any of those antics up. Brock may have been a bad gym leader, but he was a great friend. I'm going to make him proud!​

EXT. MANOR

BROCK rings on the doorbell. ELIZABETH opens the door.

ELIZABETH
Hello? Brock?! I... wasn't expecting to see you here! Oh, and the cameras, too!

BROCK
Elizabeth, Liam told me all you did to help out the gym. It means a lot to me.

BROCK (T.H.)
It doesn't.

ELIZABETH
Is that so?

BROCK
It is. I also have to say that I'm really sorry for that time I yelled at you.

BROCK (T.H.)
I'm not.

ELIZABETH
Really? You are! Brock, that's terrific!

BROCK
I've given it a lot of thought, and I've come to a decision. Elizabeth... I love you!​

ELIZABETH hugs BROCK.

ELIZABETH
I love you, too, Brock! I love you, too!

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
And what I really love are the cameras!

BROCK
So, what's with this huge mansion? Are you living in a brothel or something?

ELIZABETH
Oh, no! I won the lottery! I bought this myself!

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
I hope telling him that wasn't the wrong move... I don't want my funds sucked dry!

BROCK
Is it possible you could do me one little favor, now that I love you and want to move in with you?

ELIZABETH
What is it?

BROCK
Can you give me money for a car? I've always wanted one!

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
I knew it.​

ELIZABETH hands the money over to BROCK.

BROCK
I'll be right back, love!​

After some time, BROCK returns. He rings the doorbell once again, and ELIZABETH answers.

ELIZABETH
You're back? What kind of car did you get?

BROCK
Please, you believed that? Look what I really got; just for you!​

BROCK brings a beautiful diamond ring out of his pocket.

ELIZABETH
Oh my Arceus! You bought that?! For me?! Brock, you're amazing!

BROCK
I know!

ELIZABETH (T.H.)
It seems I had nothing to worry about after all! Brock truly loves me. What a sucker! I don't care about his feelings as long as it gets me on TV! I wonder why he brought all his stuff from the gym over, though. You'd look at it and think he wasn't the gym leader anymore!

BROCK (T.H.)
Elizabeth fell for that one hook, line, and sinker! Trust me, the car is coming up next! Liam will be so impressed when I drive up to the gym in something cool! Looks like life is going to be smooth sailing for me! I just wish I was able to find a better woman...​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
And now, just a short wrap up, for those that would like to read it.

I've been working on this story for what I believe has been close to half of a year. It's the first fanfiction I've ever finished, though it doesn't hold the distinction of being the first story I ever finished (I wrote a story last year from mid-January to mid-February in what could be called my own personal NaNoWriMo). When I took a look at that last scene I wrote between Brock and Liam, I basically went "Wow!" It was such a perfect culmination of everything that had come before. I believe endings are the most important part of the story, and I feel like I did stick the landing!

I'd also like to thank the 8 people who voted for me during the SPP Fanfiction Awards (I'm have a pretty good feeling about who most of you are :P). Coming in second for best comedy and first (!!) for best human character was impressive. I know that when reading a fanfic, there's always that fear that the author may just give up on it, so I'd like to thank you for (hopefully) sticking with me these six months.

As for where the story goes from here, I have a couple of ideas on where I could take this for a possible sequel, but before I even begin to write about that I'd have to have all the character arcs plotted out beforehand. Mainly, I've been wondering if I should write about Brock's rise from the ashes or his fall to rock bottom. If I do write a sequel, I'd probably make it more ambitious and juggle more characters and plots per episode, so look forward to it if I ever do decide to write it!

And that's a wrap! I'll request to have this moved to the archives in a couple of weeks, but before then, be sure to get your final thoughts in! If you've been lurking the fic this whole time, feel free to pipe in with your last words, too! I hope you've all enjoyed this!

Back