• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BROKEN;; (OOC/SU)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Yeah, I've thought about it and I came up with a thing or two (plus the retractable arms wouldn't really be a change in appearance... as they are, y'know, retractable :|)
    I figured that before she opens the seal, she could get some golden hilights in her hair, and a very, very slight gold tint to the skin. Like, slight enough that it's not noticeable.

After she opens the seal, perhaps she could keep those changes, except her skin actually has a slight lining of gold, so in the sunlight she kinda glows a bit. Her face could also take on the Cofagrigus eyes and mouth when she gets angry, and perhaps her skin could get hard... as in hard enough that she doesn't get injured as easily, but it doesn't restrict her or anything. I might come up with more later...
    And I'm horrible at drawing people, so I'm only working with words here :|
    I guess I'll go add this to my Sign Up, and then it will be 100% complete :)

Edit: I'm done~! Hope it's satisfactory :)
    perhaps that... rather than retractable arms, she could just have arms out of her back? if that's too retarded, maybe her own arms could turn black?

also, gonna have to say no to the highlight and skin before opening the seal. d: you look ordinary, as per usual, before you open it! after though, is when things go crazy!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • perhaps that... rather than retractable arms, she could just have arms out of her back? if that's too retarded, maybe her own arms could turn black?

also, gonna have to say no to the highlight and skin before opening the seal. d: you look ordinary, as per usual, before you open it! after though, is when things go crazy!

...Well, since they are ghost arms, she could just make them fade or something... meh... perhaps her real arms sometimes start to fade themselves? Sometimes, until she can actually control the powers well or something?
    And I'll go take out the before stuff then ;P

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

...Well, since they are ghost arms, she could just make them fade or something... meh... perhaps her real arms sometimes start to fade themselves? Sometimes, until she can actually control the powers well or something?
    And I'll go take out the before stuff then ;P

Well lets see what bulbapedia says...

According to its Pokédex entry in Black, ancient legends once told Cofagrigus could eat nearby humans and turn their lifeless bodies into mummies. It also has the ability to form two pairs of arms. Its real face is covered up by parts that slide out of the way when it is active.

When the user is attacked by a contact move, the opposing Pokémon's Ability is turned into Mummy as well. Because that is the only effect this ability has, it makes Mummy similar to the move Gastro Acid, which cancels all effects of the foe's ability. The affected Pokémon's Ability returns to normal when they are returned to their Poké Ball.

Well i don't think eating... humans... is a good idea haha!

Your character hasn't opened the seal yet, have they? So there's not much to worry about NOW but let's see what we can do...

Okay, so, because the seal hasn't been opened, I'm thinking that Omnious Wind is a good attack to be your main one. It's similar to Absol's Razor Wind, so you won't have to worry about changing your sample. I'm guessing that it could do a little bit of burning damage when it hits, but not cut like razor wind. Also, your character can make ONE arm appear out of her back. A ghostly arm.

Once the seal is opened, the hard skin is okay, and the four arms have materialised, so you can hide them under a shirt or something. All other physical appearance changes are fine I think.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Well lets see what bulbapedia says...

Well i don't think eating... humans... is a good idea haha!

Your character hasn't opened the seal yet, have they? So there's not much to worry about NOW but let's see what we can do...

Okay, so, because the seal hasn't been opened, I'm thinking that Omnious Wind is a good attack to be your main one. It's similar to Absol's Razor Wind, so you won't have to worry about changing your sample. I'm guessing that it could do a little bit of burning damage when it hits, but not cut like razor wind. Also, your character can make ONE arm appear out of her back. A ghostly arm.

Once the seal is opened, the hard skin is okay, and the four arms have materialised, so you can hide them under a shirt or something. All other physical appearance changes are fine I think.

D= Ah, violent! Jebus, so many violent Pokedex entries these days... what with this, Galvantula eating people alive, and Chandelure luring people away like a guiding light before he turns around and tears their souls from their bodies. Jebus D=

And, yes, that sounds good :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Awesome. Don't forget to change your history and roleplay sample as well!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Recently, Destiny began to experience... strange things. Everything seemed... different somehow. Sometimes it felt like her senses were enhanced, like she could sense danger.

just that one thing.

also a note just to make sure you're spelling is okay! pretty sure highlights is not spelt hilights d: might i suggest using a browser like chrome which automatically corrects everything?

Nakuzami

Years
  • just that one thing.

also a note just to make sure you're spelling is okay! pretty sure highlights is not spelt hilights d: might i suggest using a browser like chrome which automatically corrects everything?

Ah, I hadn't noticed that D=
    And, yeah... I wasn't sure about hilights... I originally spelled it highlights... but then... I don't know :|

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    well damn. i said you're spelling.

i meant your spelling.

wow i contradicted myself. aren't i gold. ahahaha

OKAY WELL accepted then. i have to go to work now so i'll fix the list later.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • ((OOC: Sorry for the lateness, Skymin! I see that someone else tried to take absol and I apologise profusely for the inconvenience. ^^'))

Name:
    Jane Notte

Birth Date: 22nd August

Personality: Jane was prone to daydreaming. She was often caught in flights of pure fancy, becoming rather oblivious to her environment. If she was thinking too deeply, it is not improbable to say that she could walk straight off a cliff. She gets distracted easily from tasks that she deems trivial or boring and is usually either unaware of or can't be bothered by social niceties which may give people a bad impression of her. She is often called "lazy" or "disrespectful" even when she stays perfectly quiet and agreeable because she has a habit of listening docilely to instructions without making any effort to indicate her attentiveness. Instead, she merely stares at the speaker or even stares around dreamily at her surroundings until she is dismissed.

Negative comments or name-calling slide right off her back so much so that she barely registers them at all. She often finds herself fascinated by small things that others would disregard, such as the pattern of dust or a piece of rubbish. However, she cannot grasp any sort of bigger picture and is always more concerned with her immediate environment than any long-term plan or thoughts of the future. Her outlook on the world can be considered fairly naïve, and she can be very insensitive when she speaks without thinking.

Jane is also strangely protective of what she considers hers. She keeps her emotions and vulnerabilities and private thoughts to herself and cherishes the privacy. She considers kindness and friendship and happiness gifts and would go to great lengths to help those who have given these to her. The many wonders of the world, she considers something to be shared, mostly in the form of dreamy statements. Perhaps she shares these too much, causing people who are nearby to roll their eyes in irritation. While her words are spontaneous and she is sometimes very thoughtless, she is not reckless. She is actually quite measured and careful, especially when she is focused on the task ahead of her. The difference being that, while she may walk unaware into the mouth of danger, she wouldn't charge in recklessly without thinking if she was aware.

History: Jane had always been bullied and teased. It started because she was an orphan and cried easily and kids were cruel. It continued because she became weird and talked to herself and had no friends and didn't react and they got away with it. After all, nobody liked her very much - not even the adults. They never went very far, though, because her guardian - Thad Abdullah - had a nasty face and there were rumours that he'd managed to wrestle a wild Krookadile and win.

Jane lived in Undella town for all her life with Thad acting as a father figure to her. Unlike almost everyone else in the town, though, Thad had taken her out of the town when she was eight, taking her to the next town over: Lacunosa Town, where he introduced her to a boy called Kerin Knight in the hopes that she would make a friend. And somehow, they did, although it didn't last. They became distant years later, and they eventually stopped meeting.

And then, one day, she sensed something. Something horrible. She wondered too close to the edge of town and fell down a ravine, spraining her ankle. Add to that the fact that there were hostile wild Pokemon prowling around, and she was highly distressed. She knew, somehow, that disaster would strike and limped back into town to warn the people there. In hindsight, it wasn't surprising that nobody believed her - other than Thad, that is, who then presented her with the Pokeball. In the end, the town was swept by fire. They turned on her, believing that she must have had something to do with the fire, and they made the decision to outcast her into the mountains lest she started another one.

Hurt, confused and betrayed, she opened her ball to stay alive. She decided to track down the one friend she'd ever really had. Thad followed her, as was his duty, and four days after her home was swallowed in flames, she found Kerin Knight.

Appearance: Before her transformation, she had been dirt-boring. Short brown hair, brown eyes. Taller than average, but not by much. Now, she would stand out in any crowd even is she didn't want to. Her hair was bright white and came down to her waist. Her fringe, which grew longer in the middle so that it came down in a rough V shape, covered a dark opal that was embedded into her forehead. A medium-length strand of hair framed the left side of her face, curving slightly inwards. On the right, a black, scythe-like blade sprouted above her ear and pointed upward, not much higher than her head. Her eyes were sharp and bright red, belying her rather clueless attitude. Fur began to sprout from her elbow downwards, and her fingers had shortened but sprouted elongated black claws to compensate.

Jane usually wore a loose, light grey hoodie to cover up her hair and other oddities. She'd also purchased sunglasses, although they made her look less "cool" and more "obnoxious" as they were bordered with a bright purple frame. She also donned black gloves to hide her claws and in an attempt to keep herself from shredding anyone by accident. Other than that, she wore light blue pants that didn't restrict her movement too much, and a tan, short-sleeved shirt.

Miscellaneous:
    N/A

Pokemon Spirit: Absol

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Ok, I looked at everything and changed it accordingly. I made a new sample as well. Hope it's better this time...

P.S. I'm camping for the next week if I do get accepted.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to decline your sign up, Final Watchman.

Your sign up... it really lacks any kind of originality or anything that makes it you! The same with your roleplay sample. The way you write, its like you write because you have to, not because you want to. Like, you try and get everything done in the fastest way possible. There's no flair, no style. I don't mean to be mean, but yeah.

It's something you really only learn with time.

I'm sorry I made you edit it so much, but yeah. Sorry! ):

IM SORRY I LOVE YOU PLEASE DONT HATE ME YOU'RE ACCEPTED YOURE ALWAYS ACCEPTED IN MY HEART KIRK

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Thanks for telling me Skymin, I kinda do see what you're saying though.

I'll also start reading this RP when it starts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    As I posted in the Digimon OOC thread, I'm not going to be here from tomorrow (5th) to the beginning of next week (10th/11th), or at least my online time will be limited to a few minutes over the weekend.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Okay dokey. I kinda was hoping for a few more people to apply. We have seven I think. I was kinda hoping for maybe eight or ten? Maybe I should advertise a little... d:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I thought this RP was full already hence why I always skipped it. Anyway, reserve me a spot if you would. I'll try to get a SU up tomorrow (really no reason why I can't as I have nothing going on).

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Nope, there's no limit on places. If yours is accepted, I may put the IC up so it can get accepted and we can start

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • My history is probably the most boring one yet, but I wanted it to be relatively normal. If anything needs to be changed, tell me.

Name: Lyle Dunne Murphy
    Birthdate: July 15
    Personality: On the surface, Lyle is not too different from any other guy. He's laid-back and easy going, preferring to take life as it comes. He is ridiculously lazy and is most often seen wandering the city instead of going to class (which would explain why he hasn't graduated yet) or going to work (which would explain his current lack of a job). The reality is Lyle is easily amused and finds enjoyment in simple things such as lying back and watching the clouds during the day and the stars at night, often losing track of time. Due to his rather easy going nature, Lyle isn't very vocal or opinionated and shows little interest in anything that doesn't directly affect him, his immediate family, or the ideals he believes in (which are fairly limited). He isn't necessarily a pushover, its more he doesn't care that much.

Lyle is fairly sociable, though he handles most situations poorly causing him to potentially sound awkward as he often is at a loss of words. Despite that, he tries his best to interact with people, permitting he has interest in them. He is particularly fond of talking to women and often flirts with them, however he hasn't had great success in this department and looking at his track record there is no wonder he never had a girlfriend. His speech is rather informal and out of place, and can be received as rude.

It is hard, however, to get on Lyle's good side in order to make him care that much for someone. Lyle finds it hard to trust most people and in fact doesn't like most of the world's civilians, often ignoring them. Lyle does his best to be independent and solve his own problems instead of relying on others. He keeps to himself and has his fair share of secrets and stories.

At his worst, Lyle can be bitter and unforgiving, holding grudges easily. He has a hard time making friends because of this as he is often the bearer of bad news due to his pessimistic outlook on life. Lyle also has a rather short temper and finds himself become violent all too easily. He is the type to solve his problems and express his emotions often in a negative fashion, all too often leading to a violent outburst or at the very least, a strong raising of his voice. Because it is easy to raise his temper, Lyle is very fickle and a spur of the moment individual due to the point of being almost bipolar. This isn't a stark contrast to when he is at his best, being sarcastic and brutally honest, telling people what he thinks without mercy or regard for their feelings.

History: Born to a lower middle class family from Goldenrod City, baby Lyle was quickly set to live in the outskirts of Castelia City when he lived with an uncle of his. Uncle Ray as Lyle knew him was a successful business owner despite the storm disturbing the economy. Lyle entered a stable home life with a young trophy wife as a mother and two kids to call his siblings, a son named Neil and a daughter named Elise, in a relatively sizable apartment. One would think that with a stable home such as this, Lyle would grow into a well adjusted young man. Sadly, this statement is only half true.

Lyle did not join a gang become an all around troublemaker because of his adopted child status. He did, however, become a loner with few friends to call his own. Not only did he have trouble making friends because of his own social awkwardness but he dealt with being the bully's favorite target and typical school drama his entire life. With his older brother going to a different school and not wanting to involve his younger sister in any way, Lyle had no one to turn to for true help (that being said, he did go to them for advice for his problems, but he couldn't get much more help than that). He had only a few to trust but he quickly learned he could only count on himself to do anything.

For many years, Lyle attempted to simply avoid the drama and bullying by telling himself he would never stoop to their level and be "the better person." This technique worked for some time but gradually his tolerance began to fade as the attacks became more personal. It all culminated when Lyle was 16 and in high school. Some insults were thrown about Lyle's family and the few friends he had, and the first explosion of anger erupted. Next thing everyone knew, a group of local delinquents were on the floor with Lyle standing over them in the cafeteria. Rumors spread of course, but Lyle would continually say he never regrets that moment.

From that moment, Lyle's life steadily improved. He had gained a few friends and fewer people bothered him. For the most part, it stabilized. Occasionally, Lyle would explode here and there and get into a fight with the local gangs out of some sort of quest for revenge and it was not uncommon for Lyle to push around the other rich kids when they pick on Lyle's geeky friends. Lyle felt obligated to protect the friends he gained and the family he treasured. It gave him peace and solace.

(OOC: Here I am just describing some effects that would occur if you had a fire Pokemon in you. If it doesn't work for it, I'll remove it.)

This peace and solace was abruptly destroyed in the past few months however. Lyle's body and mind have undergone some changes; many of them not welcome. His body temperature increased, becoming a steady fever but without the ill effects. His hands were always burning hot to the touch. Doctors said there was nothing medically wrong despite these changes, claiming that if he gets sick to go to hospital immediately. Lyle hasn't had to since.

A little less than a month ago, Lyle got ambushed on the way home from work late one night. Forced to defend himself in a moment of desperation, Lyle's seal slipped for a moment. The gang was engulfed in flames emitted from Lyle's body. His opponents burnt and unconscious, Lyle panicked and fled home.

After revealing this to his guardians, the truth was revealed to Lyle. And it wasn't pretty.

(OOC: Scene will be as the RP sample).

Appearance: Lyle's skin is rather pale, with very minimal tanning on his arms and lower legs making him appear almost ghostly. Lyle is rather tall standing at around 6 feet tall and has a well rounded athletic build with a defined but not physically intimidating muscular structure which puts at a modest 175 pounds. The muscle development is complete with each group of muscles featuring solid development and flexibility.

Lyle has long wavy brown hair that reaches his shoulders with the bangs brushing across his face. While he usually keeps his hair out of his face, he has grown increasingly lazy about the whole ordeal and lets it fall naturally as a means of covering a scar right above his left eye that stretches from his hairline down through his eyebrow, barely missing the eye itself. His eyes, while rather small, are a warm blue and are quite inviting. He keeps himself clean-shaven as much as possible and as such maintains a youthful face, making him appear younger than he really is and possibly more attractive (if that is your kind of thing). The most noticeable trait is that Lyle's nose appears of have been broken in the past and never healed properly, leaving the bridge of his nose more prominent and larger than most.

Lyle's style is fairly typical of poor young adult seeking employment. As such, much of Lyle's wardrobe is old and faded but manages to maintain some degree of style. In general, he wears dark colored shirts, usually dark blue, black and green, with abstract designs such as logos or even video game references. He is also fond of button down shirts of lighter colors to compliment his darker t-shirts. Lyle is never seen without a pair of old faded blue jeans with several rips to add "character" to his otherwise normal pair of pants. Lyle is also found of wearing boots, usually of the Timberland brand, as they are useful for numerous purposes. Usually a leather belt is present to keep them from falling as well, but he has failed to purchase a stylish buckle. Lyle has recently invested in a black motorcycle jacket with red accents and wears it wherever he goes. In addition, he usually wears a plain black skull cap on colder days, but carries one wherever he goes in case he has a bad hair day.

(OOC: If you have any ideas for an unsealed appearance, please share. I have no ideas for it).

When unsealed (which will happen later, of course), Lyle's appearance changes a fair deal. His eyes become a fiery red while also becoming smaller and more intense, his hair takes on a darker hue closer to that of black and his teeth become significantly sharper (with fangs for added flavor). A collar of fire appears around his neck, but like his Pokemon counterpart, its retractable and appears when in battle or when emotionally charged. When retracted into his skin, red holes are dotted across his neck and upper back. When activated, the fire collar emerges from his skin, often burning whatever clothes he happens to be wearing at the time.

Misc: Lyle has recently picked up smoking and is already addicted. Pizza has quickly become his favorite food. Lyle is also a huge sports fan, enjoying basketball the most. He is a closet nerd, enjoy all things geeky but not telling anyone outside of his family about it.

Pokemon Spirit: Typhlosion

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I like it! It's simple, straight to the point. Accepted!! <:

I've already put the IC through so it should be up soon. In the mean time, I'm working on a first post!

Back