• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start [OOC]

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
  • @ Swan - It's reasonable. I do hope the Rp lasts till the end , I always wanted to get until the League battles but every Rp that I entered died ( hope I'm not cursed :\ ). And with a Sewaddle and Snorunt by my side I can't imagine leaving. And maybe I'll find a Litwick or Chinchou which are some of my favorite pokemon next to Seawddle and Riolu :D.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Wonderfulpat - Godzil and Red pretty much described it already. It's just so the roleplay doesn't get cluttered id there's back and forth posting. But indeed everyone's in a sort of different timeline unless some of you decide to merge those timelines for a joined post.

@Godzil and Red - Thanks for explaining the joined posts and I'm really glad you guys are so happy with it. (and yush, Cryogonal rocks, I was hoping someone'd catch one xD )

@Romdinner - I'm sure you're not cursed, it's more Journey rps that are, I've only ever seen one get to the League, which is the legendary New Professor in Town. But we're going to do our best to carry this one through!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yush, we will!

My last exam is Tuesday. Maybe I'll post before that, but can't promise. After that, I'll be FREE.... for a week, until studies for January's exams must begin *has doomed herself to this life*

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Good luck Red. I'm done with my exams :D. Monday i'll get the results for all my exams, hope i scored high :nervous:.

@ Swan - We'll do it!!! We'll become a legend ourselves :rambo:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Good luck Red. I'm done with my exams :D. Monday i'll get the results for all my exams, hope i scored high :nervous:.

@ Swan - We'll do it!!! We'll become a legend ourselves :rambo:

I think I'll nickname you smileyman. ^^ Thanks, and I hoped you did too!

I just realized I've got to catch Ashton a Remoraid as well. I've never used an Octillery in an RP, but boy do I want to.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Rom - We will, and it shall be epic!

@Red - Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great, and I don't mind to wait for my share of Ashton. For some reason I think him and an Octillery would be hilarious.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    THERE. Took a break from studying, to make a post. Even if it was a bit stressed with perhaps less descriptions than it could have, I hope it's not too bad ^^

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • It really wasn't bad at all, and I'm glad you posted. Uh oh, Ashton;s team's getting full D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What, are we only allowed to have 6 pokémon?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • You can have boxed Pokemon of course, but I'm going with the traditional 6 is a party.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah :3 So if we do catch more than 6 pokémon... what happens to the 7th pokémon then? In the early anime, the ball teleported to professor Oak's lab/the PC. In late anime the balls apparently shrink and aren't working until one ball is deposited in a PC box. Maybe one of those solutions, or have you come up with another?

Somehow it makes sense to have Ashton catch a lot of pokémon. I usually don't, in RPs like these ^^ I can totally see him go all panicking when something strange happens to his 7th ball, since he hasn't thought about the 6 pokémon makes a team-rule.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • My Sign-up! :D I'm going to give an older character I made another go, I hope that's okay ^^'

Name: Cooper Phillips

Appearance: Cooper is the average height of around 6 foot and is ever so slightly plump. This large-ish build results in him also having rather big limbs - such as big, stubby fingers and clumsy looking feet. Cooper has fair, cream coloured skin and his hair is very wavy and 'full' looking - as it is quite thick and grows outward slightly. The hair itself is a rich brown colour, and this compliments his brown iris colour.

Clothing wise, Cooper opts for more simplistic wear - however adds his own touches. Most times, he will wear a button-up shirt with the top one or two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He favours deep blue jeans, however is not very fussy about trousers - swapping from day to day between them, cargo pants and so on. Cooper favours brown boots for footwear, and sometimes dosen't even bother to tie them up. He also likes his accessories - wearing a watch on his left wrist and a number of beads and so on around his right.

Personality: One word to best describe Cooper is 'optimist'. Cooper is not to always be taken seriously. He can be quite the goofy character, looking for enjoyment in things, one way or another. He has a great sense of humour - according to his friends, as he does not particularly like to boast. He is slightly lacking in intelligence - he isn't the smartest guy around - and there are many things he has trouble figuring out or has yet to learn. On top of this, he is near oblivious to any threats or dangers. Cooper dosen't push himself too much either. He's pretty lackluster, and has a number of lazy days. He goes by the theory of, "Don't get involved if it's got nothing to do with you" - to quote him (however, ironically, he always ends up getting himself into a number of complex situations due to his sheer obliviousness to his surroundings at times). The tendancy to not take certain things seriously can irritate others from time to time (namely his family), and at times, trying to get him to sit down and reason with you can be like pulling teeth. However this makes him a friendly individual, fun loving and never wanting to cause anyone any trouble. On occasions he can be rather loud too, bursting out whenever he is surprised or confused.

Cooper is also very strongly opinionated. He has a somewhat unique moral code, and will stand by it, even if it means trouble. He is neither blunt nor sharp when it comes to his responses - usually, he will say something as it is, likewise, he will give witty responses and make the other person think. One more thing. Lastly, Cooper is incredibly ambitious. He will rarely consider the hardships and problems faced when deciding to take on a major undertaking. As a result, next to no-one can deter Cooper from his main goal - to become a pokemon champion.

History: Cooper Phillips is from Johto himself, having grown up in Cherrygrove City. He lives with his family there - a mother, father and a sister who is little over a year older than he is. His parents worked together with the same firm, meaning that they could communicate during working hours; swapping shifts if neccesary in order to look after their children and their home. As Cooper and his older sister got older, there was less urgency to have someone supervise them, however this didn't neccisarily mean Cooper was becoming more responsible. He became quite carefree in his attitude to things - he didn't take great care of the house, his homework for school started being handed in late and/or unfinished. All in all, his studies suffered - but he knew it was down to his lack of motivation, he never blamed anyone else but himself for it.

In the grand scheme of things, however, these are minor issues. Nothing major has ever happened in Cooper's 15 years alive, which could quite possibly result in his carefree approach to life and his constant optamistic attitude. This ability to see the bright side of almost anything and joke about life's little things has resulted in him developing a strong sense of humour. His school friends (whom he has been friends with since they were toddlers) often appreciate his humour, constantly telling him to pursue it.

Cooper has quite a basic relationship with pokemon. He treats every one as if they were people - asking them how their day was or having trivial conversations with them, even though he knows they can't speak back to him (the fact they can understand is enough for him). For the past few years, he would have loved to have one of his own, to call his 'main man' as he puts it (or indeed 'main girl', but he always thought that sounded creepy). However, he has been discouraged from it due to schoolwork - back when he was thirteen, for example, it was a risk too big for him to just abandon education and bank on being a trainer.

Now, however, he has a number of decent grades, there is a backup plan for him. So naturally, he jumped at the chance to take on the newly revived Pokemon League challenge. And Cooper being Cooper, is aiming for nothing less than the top. To make matters all the more suitable, his parents are also encouraging him - at least, in their view, he'll be doing something instead of wasting his days.

Starter: Oshawott (Ottoman)

Hope it's all good :)

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Red - Oh, I think I like the sound of the Pokeball shrinking and becoming inactive. It sound sufficiently high-tech too. I really hadn't thought of it beforehand, but I think it's a good idea to go with that one.

@Zeph. - I like Cooper already, he's a very unique and likeable character and I'll look forward to seeing him in action. You are accepted.

Would you like to start from the first chapter, or would you prefer starting a little later?

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I wasn't too sure about that, but I'll think I'll start from chapter 1 seeing as the RP isn't too far in. That and I prefer writing RPs from the beginning and stuff ^^

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Well, I'm done. By the way guys, don't expect Franco to be a pushover… he's TIRED of losing! :P

Name: Franco Marinetti

Appearance:
    Tall and slender, many people would say that they consider Franco to be not only attractive, but also "dreamy". He has long, dirty blond hair that falls almost to his shoulders, and curls slightly when wet. His eyes are a deep green hue with hints of gold, and oddly enough, they're the exact same size as each other. His smile is pronounced and generous, and his dimples seem ever-present on his cheeks. His nose, neither long nor short, is slender and pointed, and he has the vaguest hint of a cleft chin. Although not muscular by any means, his body is well toned and his light skin tanned to a light almond color. His fingers, as the rest of his body, are long and slender, but deft.

Franco is no longer a child, or at least, he considers himself to be a full-grown adult, and so, he wears mostly dress shirts and slacks. He is usually seen wearing Italian-styled shoes, even whilst walking around the Cerulean coastline, and his Pokétch, an imported watch from Unova, which is custom-made with black steel and white gold and was bought for him by his uncle after his Pokémon League participation in Unova. However, Franco has never been dumb enough as to journey out in Gucci shoes, or custom-fitted slacks. Instead, he walks around with rock-climbing shoes, jeans, and an expensive, yet resilient puffy jacket that makes him look like a black Michelin man. However, the dress shirts stay, as does his cologne; a man needs to pamper himself, you know?​
    Personality:
    Franco attempts to be the personalization of a simple, yet powerful word: refinement. He believes that a Pokémon trainer must, above all else, be gracious is both defeat and victory, and he believes that his Pokémon must also transmit that same sense of refinement in order to prove real mastery of Pokémon training. This strategy, however, has led to many of his failures as a Pokémon trainer, such as never being able to evolve his Togepi, and not being able to inspire a fighting spirit into his Pokémon; Franco may be gracious in defeat, but some would say his Pokémon are too quick to accept it.

As a human being, Franco is charismatic and pleasant, although a bit arrogant. He has never had a lack of courage, although his phobias in the Pokémon world have numbered to a couple too many. His family, a small, yet close-knit Italian family living in Cerulean City, consists of his mother, his father, and his father's mother, who he refers to simply as Nonna. His father is owner of a small Italian restaurant in said city, and his Nonna is the head chef, even at her 84 years of age. She has passed on to Franco her love of cooking anything Italian, and the joy that comes from gardening their own ingredients. However, it was at his mom's insistence that he first took up Pokémon training.​
    History:
    Franco is not a rookie trainer. In fact, he is what some people may call, a veteran of the sport, having participated in the Kanto and Unova regions already. He was only ten years old when he first journeyed around his home region of Kanto, and although he was unable to obtain all eight badges to participate in the Pokémon League, it was after this journey that Franco first fostered his love of Pokémon training. It had been painful to not participate in the League back then, and he still remembers crying at his mom's lap as a child and blaming her for encouraging him to go on a journey. He decided never to train Pokémon again until his uncle suggested he should visit Unova. Franco spent one year after his journey home, and another in Castelia City with his aunt and uncle before he once more wished to set out on a journey.

His starter this time around had been a Snivy, rather than his earlier Squirtle, and alongside his Pokémon he was able to finally participate in a Pokémon League… he lost in the first round. Heartbroken once more, but unable to find the same solace he'd found in his mom with his uncle, he learned that in Pokémon training, like in all other competitions, the existence of a winner means that there must also be a loser. His uncle had congratulated him on his participation in the League, and taught him a lesson he would never forget. Sitting from atop the stadium seats, he saw the loser of the final come down in tears after the match. His uncle said: "He was the better trainer but his team was clearly scouted. However, on his knees, and crying he just looks like a baby and a sore loser. Always remember Franco, despite the circumstances, a Pokémon trainer must be gracious in both victory and defeat". Now, Franco plans on being the embodiment of grace as he helps the Johto League resurge from the ashes like a beautiful phoenix.
    Starter: Joltik
    Spr_5b_595.png

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Drunk - Franco sounds like an awesome character and I can't wait to read for him. Every time he speaks I'm going to hear it in an Italian accent now. It's going to be wonderful xD

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • ^ I'm guessing that means I'm accepted…

YAY! :D
    I'll have a post up later today :)

BTW, I was hoping to get Swarm as an ability. I understand it's Dreamworld and everything, but to be honest, Unnerve and Compundeyes are sort of underwhelming…
    It'll also make my post make more sense! :P

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Drunk - oops, should've probably mentioned you were accepted xD Swarm is just fine, I actually didn't even think of giving them hidden abilities, but I'll keep the option open from now on.

@Wonderfulpat - Thanks for letting me know, I do appreciate staying in the loop, and I'll look forward to your next post then C:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
  • Hey, this is TJ, who, unfortunately, didn't post for almost a whole week. Sorry I didn't write because I was in one of the worst situations: internet down, USB with chapter gone, more exams (I'm still not done)... But I'm telling you I'm still interested in posting. Just give me some time to sort things out. I apologize again and thanks in advance.

Back