• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start [OOC]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm generally on in the evenings, but around Christmas I'll be on a lot in the daytime as well. And you'll probably find me on late at night sometimes xD /bad at going to sleep on time

What countries are you from? :3

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Same with me....two weeks until Christmas break :D:D:D:D. I'm from Romania ( don't judge me as i'm not a gypsy :P )

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I'm from the Netherlands, and my online-times are a bit the same. And being in college means sporadic days off during the week, which is nice too xD Except that I tend to not be on too late.

How about you?

EDIT:

Pfft Rom, of course not, everyone knows gypsies come from Egypt, duh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aha! Romdinner - Romania ^^ fun. Isn't that the country where Dracula's from? ;D

I'm a true blue swede from Sweden :3 We haven't gotten any snow yet, we do not speak like the Muppets Swedish Chef and we don't keep polar bears as pets. But we do eat a lot of meatballs :D

posted part IV. I'm unusually eager to write for this RP xD Might be because Ashton is such an easy character to write about... or maybe it's because I've got a big exam on Wednesday and just don't want to study lolol

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • @ Swan - Well you'd be amazed how many people think that Romania is a gypsy country and look down on us X_X.

@ RHCP - Yes the legend started from here, from a medieval ruler named Vlad Tepes who was a fair ruler but very feared by thieves. He would kill thieves so there was a lot of blood spilling so from there the legend went on and people taught he was a vampire and named him Dracula.

PS: I have an exam on the very same day :P.

Last edited:

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
  • haha I just now realized this topic was here. Pardon my slowness T.T

Anywho, nice to meet you all. ^^ I'm somewhat new at posting here on Pokecommunity but I've been RPing on MSN for years now. If I make any mistakes don't be afraid to tell me, I like getting constructive criticism.

I realized that I left out a small detail in Akira's bio just now. He has a strong liking for bird-like Pokemon. Essentially anything that can fly.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @ RHCP - Procrastination's always a nice motivator xD And sweden huh? Awesome C8 That always makes me think of Ikea, except that Ikea, besides the original Swedish concept, is actually entirely Dutch owned. Which is weird, because they do give everything Swedish names. As for the Polar Bears, I lived in Canada long enough to know that they live up there somewhere xD

@ Rom - I can see that happening, the Romani have been cursed with a tradition of un-true naming. I'm a history nerd though, which might be why I know the difference (:

It's odd that both of you have exams this week, mine aren;t until mid-January.

EDIT:

Oh, pardon Revelations, miss you there. But hi (: so I suppose Akira'll be sporting many wings creatures in his team? C8

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
  • @Swan You bet! haha

Since everyone else seems to be saying where they're from and all I suppose I'll toss my hat into the fray. I'm a university student here in Virginia. This week is my finals week for the semester then I'm off until January 8th. (Woo!)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Swan, I think it makes more sense to do your exams before Christmas and then you can really take a winter break ^^ (not me though, I've got exams in January as well since I failed them last term ;; )

Hi RevelationLugia~

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Hearing all of you having exams before christmas, I guess that makes me the odd one out, but I don't really mind. The exams aren't right after christmas, so it's not a cram-vacation, and we get an extra week off after them C: But my school's weird, we only really have two exams, one with all the courses crammed in one exam, and another special exam for a sort of separate radioactivity thing, besides the practicals we've got.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Well in my school, for the courses i take, we have 5 exams, the last one is the one on Wednesday. But it went well so far :D.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
  • This is just out of curiosity as I've never been in a chapter-style RP before. Is there a set time for GM updates or does it occur at random intervals?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • It tends to a vary a little between GMs, some like to wait until absolutely everyone's finished, other are bit impatient and tend to post a new chapter when most are ready. Me being one of the latter. But there's no set timing, it depends on how quickly you guys are done with a chapter, and much time I've on my hands to write one up.

Years
  • Hey there, everyone. I realise I've only posted once, and I'm sorry. Just posting here so I can keep an eye on this thread and say "Hey there, everyone".

For the record, I don't have exams, because I'm out of school. I do have an odd schedule though, becuase I work night shift, and live in Arizona. (We have a weird time zone, because we refuse to acknowledge DST. Lose an hour? Not on my watch!) I'm usually on between (for me) 1000 and 1500 hours, or anytime during the evening I can take a quick break from work to check the site.

I'll try to get something posted tonight, especially if a new chapter is posted. I know, I'm slacking! I'll do better. Promise.

Peace off!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Godzil, it's quite alright, you'll catch up. As for the tiemzone, I'll have to google exactly what that means for me, but it's nice to know what times you're one so I can keep track C:

really, you're not slacking, so don't rush it.

Right-o guys, the new chapter is up!

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • The chapter looks nice. I already have an idea of what i will write, but first i'll post what i have written so far. It's only half of what i wanted to write but the next part will be done tomorrow as i'm tired as hell.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can definitely make up something to write about 8D *lets her hands go loose* I just have to decide what pokémon to catch. Can't catch all of my fav ice types (BECAUSE THAT'S LIKE, ALL OF THEM), so I'll try to go with the ones that would have the most funny interactions with Ashton...

Uh. I hope anyone doesn't want me to post less. Tell me if that's so. I can... try to... keep my fingers still. :]

Also, romdinner, I liked your post with the talking Ralts ^^

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • @Swan - I took your advice and added a " To be continued" but with a bit of information after ( hope everyone at least smiles )

@RHCP - Write to your heart's content. I will do the same as soon as my exam is over. I was juggling between studying and writing *don't know if i learnt anything* but at least i did them both

Well guys i'm off to bed. My eyes are too damn tired and scream at my inner artist to go to sleep already :P. Good Night!!!

EDIT: Glad you enjoyed it :D

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Oh, Rom, that wasn't advice, I was just joking xD

And Red, please do not post less, I LOVE your posts, seriously Ashton is awesome. The ditzy characters are always so much fun to read about C8

But as for studying and writing posts, I really do not want you guys to flunk exams because of this rp D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hehe. No worries... I've been in school the whole day studying and when I came home I actually thought I deserved to get to write a little :3 pwease? Tomorrow I'll probably write less (I hope xD).

romdinner, good luck on your exams, man!

Aaaand I think I've narrowed it down to two pokémon that would be nice on Ashton's team at this point. Maybe he'll come back later and try to catch a Snorunt or Swinub as well though :3 Imma write another post before going to bed... maybe.

Back