• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uncharted Waters [SU/OOC Thread!]

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Our very helpful co-GM wrote a SU for me, since I was having trouble.

Here is my SU!

Spoiler:

I hope it was good enough! <333333333

On a more serious note though, I'll try to complete my SU by Sunday d:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Woot! Accepted! NOT!

We will be waiting. Meanwhile, I will be submitting the thread sometime this afternoon to tomorrow morning, since my internet really sucks.. It contains what you can do on your first post and such.

Gotta work' on Yuna's first post! :)

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • Hey mR, I just want to ask you a question. Since it doesn't look like I'm getting any crew member anytime soon, can I just fill it with someone I create and still leave a spot open for someone if they decide to join later in the RP? If not, I think I'd rather leave the second spot blank, haha.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Hmm, I'm thinking if I should wait off on posting until DeepImpact finishes his character. We'll see.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    My character's idea is almost done, now I only have to write the SU. d:

And Sv, it's a lot different from the Rich son lol

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Lol, good because there was no way I was letting that guy into my crew! xD

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Putting this here, will keep working on it.

Name: Glaedr (Last name not revealed)

Species: Dragonite

Appearance: As a Dragonite, the color of Glaedr's skin has a yellowish tinge, making it seem as if his skin is actually gold. Standing at over seven feet eight inches, more than 5 inches than the average height, and weighing about 492 pounds, Glaedr is like a Dragonite on steroids. His wings are larger than the average Dragonite too, giving him a bit more freedom in air. Despite being so huge, he is actually quite a flexible Pokemon, skilled in fighting. His claws are sharp and perfect for combat. The only downside to this is that his huge body sacrifices his speed a bit. He is still considerably fast, though, not a very slow guy. His tail is shorter tan most Dragonites though, which has often led to him being ridiculed by his friends.

For clothes, he believes that clothes aren't of importance to him. He prefers to wear some light armor all the time, so that he's not injured during a surprise attack. Like mentioned, his armor is lightweight, not very heavy so that his speed isn't affected. It consists of a metal chest plate that covers the upper region of his chest, which is often painted by him to make sure he can blend in his surroundings. He wears wooden shoulder armor as well, making sure his arms are able to move freely. He wears light brown pants which are well kept and look new, despite being years old. He covers his armor with a thin black jacket, with holes in the back for his wings. No shoes for Glaedr, he prefers to go barefoot.

For other notable pieces of clothing, he wears a typical pirate's hat to make sure people know that he's a pirate. The insignia of his pirate crew is engraved on the armor of his left shoulder. He always keeps a small bag of coins in his pocket, because one never knows when he might need money. His clothes are usually kept very neat, and his body well groomed. The last thing he wants to die from is disease.

Personality: Glaedr, outside battle, is a calm, collected person, who usually never gets easily excited. He doesn't like losing his temper in front of others, so he tried to never get angry. Sometimes he fails though, which embarrasses him a lot. He is not one who cares much about making jokes, and doesn't really have a good sense of humor, other than usual sarcastic taunts thrown at others. He is a strong believer of "Action speak louder than words", and always believes that taunting an opponent isn't enough. He is an incredibly patient fellow, who doesn't really like to speak until he is spoken to. A firm follower of discipline as well, Glaedr is not a very fun loving guy. But, he still has a thirst for adventure and treasure, always willing to go on adventures to get his dose of excitement. He is also a Pokemon who almost never gets nervous. he is able to keep his calm in even the most dangerous situations with a lot of pressure on his mind.

Even though Glaedr is a clam and collected person, in battle he is absolutely ruthless. Most of the time he isn't one who starts a fight, but he does finish it. he shows his opponents no mercy, and if he thinks that the opponents may be a future threat, he doesn't hesitate to kill them. In fact, all throughout his life he has always engaged in jobs that make use of his towering figure and bulky body. The only problem he has in battle is that when he gets frustrated he ends up losing his temper, massacring anything that comes in his path. He is always alert, never letting hos guard down, even outside of battle. Always forming battle tactics, escape routes, he always like to go according to a plan.

As a person, Glaedr always expects himself to act mature and never do immature acts such as prank others or even trouble others. He doesn't form bonds with any of his clients, but always shares a deep bonding of trust, honor and caring with his friends and people that he actually cares about, which are actually not a lot of people. He likes to always work hard and believes in following his dreams, even though he currently has no dream. As a Pokemon more focused on battling, he prefers to spend most of his free time working out or practicing combat movements and tactics.

For likes, Glaedr appreciates classical music and fine literature. Give him a book to read, and he'll appreciate it. To a certain degree, he likes to battle and fight as well, but as long as they're friendly duels or sparring he won't take the battle seriously. He is also a fond player of the flute, though people can never understand how such a creature is able to grip the flute properly. Also, he loves adventure and money, which is why in the end he chose a pirate's life. As for dislikes, he hates goons who like to keep picking fights with everybody they meet. Annoying people and idiots are also high on the list. He is also an occasional drinker, he likes to take a swig or too right before a battle to calm his nerves.

History: Alright... I'm gonna keep this short, sorry.

Glaedr was born in a very simple family of merchants. Both his parents were not very renowned merchants, they lived simple lives in the port-town of L'Jutal. Even though it was literally the land of opportunity for the couple, they only managed to earn as much as they needed for basic necessities. Glaedr lived a very easy life, without a lot of comforts, with his parents in this town. As he grew up, his parents came to know about his rapid growth, and encouraged him to start training as a warrior, so that he could join the naval army.

As he grew up, he developed into a nice, strong Pokemon. Originally peace loving, he didn't like to fight at all and instead wanted a simple job at the naval headquarters, with enough pay that he could live his life peacefully. But, like everybody's life, something bad popped up. His father had left for a voyage, and his ship was attacked by pirates. Nobody was found alive. That day onwards, Glaedr swore to get his revenge against pirates, thinking that they were the dirtiest scum on the face of the planet.

At the young age of 16, he left for the Naval Headquarters in Nartanos. Immediately demanding a job in which he could get his revenge, the Naval officers decided to train him into a bounty hunter. After a year of training, he started to get proper assignments, and he started to hunt pirates and get them, dead or alive. His pay was quite large too, he lived a comfortable life for about 4 years after being a bounty hunter.

When he was 21, he was asked to get a so called criminal for Kirin. At first, Glaedr found this quite fishy, not knowing why they were asking him to get a merchant who had no criminal background. After he was forced to retrieve the merchant, he found out that he was in fact innocent, it had just been a bad deal with an officer that was going to cause his death. Enraged, Glaedr attacked his superiors, before he was subdued and thrown into prison.

It was in prison that he met another pirate captain, called Derek. For a few months, the both talked about being in prison, and became best friends there. Glaedr came to realize that the Naval Army was no better than the pirates, and their ideas and methods were a lot crueler than the pirates. He decided to trust Derek, who told him about an escape plan his crew had formed, and Glaedr decided to break out along with him as well. The two of them broke out silently and escaped to the sea with Derek's crew. It was here that Glaedr promised to protect Derek no matter what, becoming his bodyguard.

For about 3 years he traveled with Derek at sea, protecting him in dangerous missions as they plundered for treasure and docked at shady ports. It was when he hit his third year with Derek that another bad thing happened. The Naval army had already put a large bounty on Derek's head, so they were ambushed by a few Naval officials and bounty hunters. After a whole night of fighting, Glaedr failed to protect Derek as their crew was overpowered and Derek was captured. Glaedr was forced to flee by Derek, whose fate remains unknown to Glaedr till this date.

For the next few years he maintained a very low profile, making sure he didn't attract too much attention. During this time, he acted as a bodyguard for minor merchants, did a few bounty hunting assignments provided by some unaffiliated people, and even performed a few hired hits, taking down Naval officials mostly. During all these years he became close friends with the pirates, completely erasing his previous history with the Naval Army.

It was only a month ago that Glaedr decided to once again join a pirate crew. He was a bit low on cash, and he needed a more stable job. One more reason he made this decision was because he wanted to get the same spark, the same adventure, energy and risk back into his life. He was tired of leading a simple life, he wanted to get out and find some treasures. he eventually tracked down Armand Roberts, aka the Skull King, and joined his crew.

Fruit: Draco Meteor Fruit

Moves: Ice Beam, Protect, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Brick Break, Sky Drop.

Pirate Captain: Dat Marowak aka Armand Roberts aka Skull King d:

Password: Screw the rules, I have green hair! Strawhat

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Hey guys, recent stuff in RL has led me to have to drop a few of my RPs, and unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop this one. Really sorry, and I wish the RP much success!

You may keep my character as an NPC, or do whatever you like with him.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • ... Glaedr! A Dragonite! Eeeeeee, Eragon! :D I never thought I'd find another fan of that series here! *Ultra-high-fives Impact* I just finished the very last book. Was amazing.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Hmh. In case Vegeta's thing isn't an April's Fool joke... what should Impact and I do? I'm not going to RP my guy as an underling of an NPC :I

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Should I ask Saturated Hue if I can join her crew? lolwut that rhymed

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Nice idea.

@Sir Bastian and Deep Impact: Try to find other captain. :( If none of you wants to play as Armond, then we have nothing to do.

Back