• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oekaki feedback and support

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If you have any problems, questions, or concerns about PC's oekaki, please post them in this thread.

Oekaki URL: https://www.pokecommunity.com/draw

The OekakiBBS applet is a hacked version made for use with OP. However, there seems to be a problem with people submitting images if they have the sun java 2 plugin.

Using the microsoft VM is recommended, and you can easily tell your browser to not use java 2:

Tools> internet options > advanced > Java (Sun) > uncheck use java 2 for <applet> or simliar line

now go to microsoft VM, and click JIT compiler enable and hit ok ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    I have a problem. I was using OekakiBBS Animated.
    I wanted to re-touch one of my pictures, I clicked on so I play the animation.

This is what SHOULD have showed up:

This is what DID show up (We can ignore the black border though)

Same thing happened with another picture I was drawing, same program, except I never submitted it. I replayed it and killed my picture. Good thing I took a screenshot before I did that. I think it has something to do with the eraser and smudge tool for some odd reason. Like the transparent space bugged it up.

EDIT: I think I figured it out...its that little button with the eye with a capital "A" in the middle, turned off animation for the layer. I must have clicked that by accident not knowing what it was...

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    billybob said:
    When you draw on OekakiBBS,how do you send it so it shows up?
    I'm beginning to wonder if you're a bot, you've asked the same question many times. And you apparently know how to, as you've submitted pictures.
    wat on earth is that plz tell me.
    What is what?

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
    I'm not a bot.I'm a human being.I'm wondering.On PaintBBS there is a "send"button,right?On OekakiBBS,there is not.On OekakiBBS,how do you get it from the canvas,to the page where people comment on it.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    I'm not a bot.I'm a human being.I'm wondering.On PaintBBS there is a "send"button,right?On OekakiBBS,there is not.On OekakiBBS,how do you get it from the canvas,to the page where people comment on it.
    Happened to me and you can't fix it ^^;;; Sorry..
    when you register, do you directly get to draw or do you have to wait?
    You join, then it make take an hour and you will be accepted and then you cn draw.

Wow! I'm feeling special <33.

Nevermind... I got EVERYTHING wrong...><. I thought I knew my oekakis..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Dragonfire, i'm a bit confused what you mean. You said you wanted to re-touch so you clicked on play? Or you clicked re-touch then clicked play to see how it would look?
    If it's the latter, it may just be that it didn't load completely -it's always best to leave the previewing until after you've posted and saved the picture.

Billybob, what exactly does the error message say when you click "save". If it says "image transfer error" then one of the admins of the oekaki may still be able to rescue it (as long as you know what picture number it would have had), and there is a thread to do with this on the official oekaki poteto forum board. It's basically to do with cookies etc.

Lex, there is automatic approval on the oekaki

Dragonball, an oekaki is a place where you can draw and submit pictures online which are then commented on by others.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Earlier I had a problem with an error in my Activation code. now I've been accepted, but for some reason when I log on I'm still logged in as guest! Why do these things keep happening to me? :(

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Problem...

DF dadragonz said:
    Dragonfire, i'm a bit confused what you mean. You said you wanted to re-touch so you clicked on play? Or you clicked re-touch then clicked play to see how it would look?
    If it's the latter, it may just be that it didn't load completely -it's always best to leave the previewing until after you've posted and saved the picture.
    Here's the order I did it in:

1.Save and upload my finished picture.

2.I want to change something so I Click on the [ Re-Touch ] near my post.

3.It says to Play the animation first to get your retouch image when you are doing retouch.
    So I click on play.

4.I wait until the entire animation is fully loaded. I am certain it has since the little grey square has moved to the right side of the bar, right at the edge. Plus it says END.

5.My image is not what is is supposed to look like.

My guess is the program won't record it because it might not have enough storage/frames/memory etc...

The little eye with the A in the middle buttons...I never shut those off or even touched them so I doubt the problem is with them.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The amount of time/edits you do on a single picture are limited, however you normally have to spend upwards of 450mins on one picture in order to reach the limit, and the finished picture should not show if that was the case.
    Normally when i re-touch on oekakibbs i don't have to play and it already shows the layers, so im not sure why it wont show them before ending the play strip. It seems to be to do with the animation not finishing within your re-touch page though..hmm..
    Sorry there's not a lot i can suggest since it doesn't seem to be a problem with the oekaki itself limiting the animation size, unless an extra limit has been requested during the oekaki set-up
    It may be worth asking in the official oekaki area (suteki.nu)

Hmm sorry to hear that pogi. You could just PM one of those who are admins on the oekaki and ask them to delete your account and then sign-up again.

Cherrim

Years
    After your account is approved, just hover over "Draw" and pick which program you want to use (OekakiBBS or PaintBBS). ^^;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The only way of doing that JA is if all the admins go into "Edit Notice" and then click save. That way their names will come under the notice at the top of the notice automatically *goes to do that now*

Cherrim

Years
    Actually... go to "FAQ" and scroll down. There should be a list of all the staff members near the bottom.

Back