• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oekaki feedback and support

Years
    ok let me first say i like this oekaki bbs... its the first oekaki place ive posted more than once at (really my first oekaki place in general).
    but ive been having some problems >< i just spent about an hour doing an oekaki (which is long for me cause i dont usually spend too much time on em) and instead of hitting the undo button, i hit the back button on the browser which, of course, lost my pic. &#%&*$@^*&#^!!! *feels good to get that off my chest (-o-)
    but the point is... i *would* have saved more often IF i knew that the retouch button worked. i've tried to retouch two of my previous oekaki and it didnt work, leading me to believe that the whole oekaki must be done in one go without any mistakes or anything. is there anyway you can fix the button so that it allows you to retouch? or am i the only one having a problem with this (like maybe because i use IE or something related to browser specific details)?
    anyway thanks for the neato oekaki bbs.... despite todays dismal loss of my oekaki, i think ill try again some other time.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    It should always allow you to retouch. The only thing that does happen when you retouch (if you dont use animated) is that the layers combine. It may be to do with your cookies?
    If you're worried about losing your pic, you could try using PaintBBS -this has the special feature that if you accidentally leave the page and go back to it, it asks you if you want to restore to the picture you were previously working on -very handy ^^ (coz ya, i've lost OekakiBBS piccies before too where i've clicked on aim/msn links that just opened the page on my OekakiBBS rather than creating a new page >.> it's really annoying >.<)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    That's probably to do with cookies. You can clear out your cookies by going into Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup (assuming you have windows ^^)
    Hopefully that will resolve the problem ^^ *fingers crossed*

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    pynpfan said:
    I have a bit of a problem. I just logged out of the oekaki and it said I was signed in as a guest. But then I looked at who was online and it said I was still on. Is there anyway to fix this?
    Oh. I know why.
    It shows all who where on in the duration of the last 15 minutes, and it will not go away until 15 minutes pass from the time you log out. It is supposed to do that as far as I know. So no need to fix that.

gilbertman said:
    okay heres a question is it still considered Oekaki if you draw the picture using MS paint then use Photoshop just to add a background? just wondering
    No. You never even used the Oekaki at all, how can it be considered an Oekaki then?
    Besides, I don't think you can upload pictures into the Oekaki. But I'd guess it might be considered an Oekaki if you drew it with the Oekaki (the line art) then colored it with another program, like MS paint or photoshop.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Naw gilbert, there's no way to upload a pic that you've drawn onto the oekaki -that would be a gallery if that happened ^^;
    Oekaki uses two online programs -OekakiBBS and PaintBBS which you must use in order for your picture to be considered oekaki and to be displayed ^^

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
    When I try to login it says the my password is invald (its not) or that my account is pending!
    Oekaki feedback and support

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2007
    Yes *Tis refering to other thread*
    It says image data transfer error-Please try again
    I think it's just AOL- I use AOL 9.0 Optimized Security SE- It's a modem connection, I wonder if that's it.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    "Image Transfer Error" is a typical problem. The most widely used way to combat this is:

OekakiBBS cannot submit pictures: image transfer error

The OekakiBBS applet is a hacked version made for use with OP. However, there seems to be a problem with people submitting images if they have the sun java 2 plugin.

Using the microsoft VM is recommended, and if you use internet explorer, you can easily tell IE to not use java 2:

Tools> internet options > advanced > Java (Sun) > uncheck use java 2 for <applet> or simliar line

now go to microsoft VM, and click JIT compiler enable and hit ok

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Recently, some pictures on the BBS are under the minimum time limit.
    I think you guys should reduce the min. drawing time to 10 minutes...

[EDIT] I noticed now, but thanks for changing the minimum time to 10mins :)

Last edited:

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    Er... Poeple are talking about bumping picture and how to do it on the board.
    O_O I think that would become a really bad problem if there wasint a rule for it like they can only bump it if it was just finshed, and they can't do it if no one commented on there drawing .

Just a suggestion.
    I'm not all for this bumping that is being spoken about O____O I'v had a few bad things happen with people bumping there pictures.

Should a rule be in place?
    i guess I could call that my question.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    I just signed up at the oekaki board here, and when ever i click "draw" It logs me off the internet. Is there a way to fix it, or is it just my browser? I use Firefox by the way. Please help!

Back