• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A letter to your past

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Dear: 10 year old me,
    On November 5th 2011, you will make a thread on a forum in which you will be asking the members to write a letter to their younger self. It will win Poll of the Year that year. You will really want them to write a letter of any length, to any age that they once were, telling them all the things that they wished they knew when they were that age. The thought came into your mind as you wished you had one of those letters right now, you wished that you, were the past, and that your future self had some kind advice to give you. Maybe to say it will all work out, or what to avoid, where the banana skins are in the college hallways so I don't slip on them. Just some advice to show you that things will all work out. Perhaps some surprises, new loves, the same love, new friends, hobbies, and maybe how your siblings have been. But this letter will be different for everyone, it won't have to be too personal, or even too long. Just a few short lines is all they have to write if they like, to tell their past self all they wish they knew at the age of their choice. This is their opportunity to show what they would write in a letter to their past.
    Regards,
    Gavin
    PS.
    When you fall in love, don't fall too far. Always remember to be you.​

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    ^ i like your your P/S.

Dear 13 years old me,

You said you have lots of dreams..you said we can achive them!you wanted to be a writer you wanted to travel the world..you wanted to make anime better so kids can watch it safely...what happened? why did we lost this? did we really lost that?tell you what! i can do that i can..even after all what happened..i still can,you know why? because it's me if you forgot..ME! the one who never gave up something she really wanted!so look again i'm still there..i didn't die yet!

Dear 22 from five mins ago,

i'm so damn hungry would you please shut down the computer and lets go to eat something before i die starving,dammit

22 me after 5 mins

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Dear Ten Year Old Me,​
    This coming fifth grade year you're going to make a bad decision which will get you grounded. Don't ever let someone borrow your Pokemon Silver just because it stopped working on a large car trip. Secondly, when you need help with a game just look it up on Gamefaqs. Do not ever let someone take the game disc to get you past a certain point when they'd need your memory card which you'd conveniently forgot. Seriously, all you'll get out of that is a broken necklace and some cards for a card game you don't even play. You don't trust two kids with your games ever just because they act nice towards you. Trust me, it's not worth the grounding.​
    Sincerely, 19 year old me.​

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
    "Dear my 8 year old self:

Stop being such a jackass. Listen to your parents. They say "the world doesn't revolve around you," IT DOESN'T."

About that. My parents were nice enough to not beat that explanation/saying into my being, which is probably why it never got through to my thick skull before.

Khawill

<3
    Years
    Dear Freshman Me,
    Don't make me come back there, I have to fix your stupid crap, though I should say you were an idiot.

P.s. I really think you should get the smell of weed out of your basement, it gave your guests the wrong impression.

P.p.s. Why did you go and put like seven viruses on my computer!? Like seriously, don't click on every add you see you stupid git.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Dear ten-year-old me,

When you turn eleven, and reach the fifth grade, be careful. You'll be infatuated, not in love, so don't tell yourself that. You'll also be fooled, so keep a heads up. You won't get honors this year, because you don't review. But I love you anyways.

Also, when you reach the sixth grade, don't make another public diary. Don't write mean things about teachers, because you'll be in trouble. Your adviser will get your diary and read it, then report it to the school faculty. She'll threaten to call your parents, but she won't really do it, so don't worry too much. You'll get wrinkles on your face like mom's.

P.S. You'll delete your Facebook account, Twitter page and Tumblr blog around the first of November.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Dear 11 year old me,

During your journey, you'll encounter lots of challenges. A lot more than you're facing now. But don't worry, as you'll have the willpower to overcome all of them, and with that comes a beautiful realization and a revelation that you never thought could've possibly ever existed. You're a kid with a ton of gifts, you just need to learn how to use them properly. Do your best as always, and remember that procrastination would let you down. If there's anything I want to stress to you most, it's to always work hard. Both procrastination and working hard have taught me two different lessons, and especially in school, and especially in this stage of your life, you need to focus on your education above all else.

But, no worry. As mentioned, overcoming all of those hurdles comes with great rewards. You reap what you sow, after all, and you of all people should do well keeping that in mind.

No one ever said the road was ever going to be easy. But it is ever rewarding, and ever refreshing, as well as ever exhilarating.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Dear me,

Go to hell. Either that, or shut the f up. Nobody's gonna like you until you learn a couple jokes. And even then, a few people will find you annoying.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    Dear younger me,

I did it, I finally did it! a yu-gi-oh deck with our favorite card: the red-eyes black dragon.
    Oh and you should probably spend keep on doing what you're doing right now, I mean you're on the right track to becoming a happy guy who doesn't care about a lot of things. Oh and don't diss on the ponies, you're going to love watching them in the future.

P.s.
    never start an introduction by saying "I have 3 heads" it didn't work for me.

Altomare

Purupuru!
    Years
    Dear younger me....

Stop spending money so recklessly! Please. Now I'm having a hard time saving up.
    Don't give up on your thesis, yes it's hard but doable.
    Also-stop buying counterfeit yugioh cards. Especially the ones with weird names and incorrect effects.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Dear Younger Me,

Hey. How are things? Hope all is well. I would just want to clarify a few things with you..

First of all, why did you have to be so weak? All those did nothing to help what you will become. You'll learn and grow and change, but why did you behave and act that way in the first place? That I simply cannot understand.

Why did you do those childish things to my friend who used to be close to me? You have caused this friendship to crack. What the hell is wrong with you? That friend is now not casually talking to you because of what you did. If only I could go and give you a ****ing huge slap to help you realise. Now all there is left is just memories. Look at me. Do you want this? Do you ****ing want this??

You have a wonderful life ahead of you, but please don't spoil your chances by being such a damn procrastinator. Use your time wisely! Don't leave things till the last minute! Study during your free time and not play too much games! All those small minuscule projects you are doing right now are nothing compared to what you'll have to face. Don't take this lightly, please. Just a gentle reminder.

Please do take care of your diet. Eat well and have a balanced meal everyday. Don't miss your meals because you were 'too lazy to go out' or 'too lazy to cook' or 'too lazy to wash the dishes'. I won't take such excuses. Cut the crap.

Oh, and these few guys will come. Don't fall for them. They're not worth it. Listen to me, please.

If you hadn't done all those things, I swear by every hair on my head right now that your life could have been much better off. But, oh well. What can I do but to advise you?

And also one more thing: Stop often and smell the roses. You might not know what's there if you just rush on past.

They said: What's the best thing to do with good advice? Take it.

With much Love, Older Me.

Last edited by a moderator:

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
    Years
    Dear thirteen year old freshman me,

Salutations to you...er...younger me. Also, yes this letter is from the future. I understand you don't believe in fairytales anymore, but this is real. I would like to give some advice to you. Please don't be afraid of making new friends. I undestand that we are introverted, but understand that there is no wrong in speaking out in groups. Please don't be afraid, you'll make new friends, and you'll make it through life.

Don't worry about your grades at school. You are intelligent. You've skipped a grade before. Not everything can be perfect, so please try to lay down your perfectionist personality. You're very talented. You are amazing at art, you are very creative, you are very experienced at the biology part of science, you are very athletic, you can play an instrument, and you are good enough at taking care of your birds. I know you pamper your budgies a lot, but please don't buy the cozy corner. Your budgies' feet might get tangled in them.

Also, stop being so emo. We both know that joke and those rumors. Don't be afraid to talk to your guidance counselor. You could go to your guidance counselor at lunch after you've finished eating your lunch. Discuss your troubles to her, she would not hurt you.

Google MBTI. You'll find many personality tests. Go to the forum named Personality Cafe. You'll make many new friends there. You are actually an INFP not an ISFP. Also Google Pokecommunity, it's a great forum about Pokemon, and you'll meet many new friends there as well.

Thank you for reading this letter.

P.S. Say hi to your two budgies, Spirit and Soul, for me!

P.P.S. You DO NOT under any circumstance eat that birthday cake. It tastes awful. That cake is a lie. A lie I must say!

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Dear me from a week ago,

Call the damn NHS. Don't wait till the weekend >_> Their phonelines will be closed even though they are technically open! Damn bull healthcare system!
    *flip table*

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Dear 12 year old self,

Enough with your silly little depression antics. Everything is just going to get worse, but in the next two years you will officially move and everything is going to get better. You just need to embrace that nothing will stay the same, and everyone in their youth changed as well. You're going to lose a good amount of friends, but they're going to be replaced with better people in the process.

Also challenge yourself, then environment that awaits in high school is going to make your current education situation look like a walk in the park--don't wait until it's too late! It's carrying on into college oh no help me!

Love
    -18 year old me.

P.S. You are not asexual and you are too deeply in love with your best friend to even realize you are. Wake up dammit.

Years
    Dear past me,

Don't waste your life being so passive. There are ways to have fun and contribute to what you care about without being excessive. Don't worry about grades so much that you throw everything else away. The future will turn out just as fine even if it doesn't go the way you want. Say what you think, and stop caring so much about what other people think. It's okay to be a little bit selfish every now and then. You'll want to live your life without feeling bad over every little thing you do all the time. Now click "Post Reply".

- Future Me

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    syd at this time last year,

don't do it. you know. what you're looking at. yeah. don't. just don't. trust me. you're about to miss out on something you, i assume, would like muuuuch better.

syd at 1-ish today,

DON'T GO. DON'T BIDE INTO THE LIES. JUST KEEP THE ****** PHONE. IT'S LESS FRUSTRATING.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Dear 16 year old Gav,
    Whether you choose to listen to me or not, there's one thing you never should do; and that's lose track of who you are. You need to be happy with what you have, look around you, you have so many great friends, and if you begin to invest all your time in one person you'll lose it all.

Look at you, you have so much. Don't get greedy, if anything you should give something back to the people you love. So many people think a lot of you, and if you let yourself slip then they'll be disappointed, and you'll lose your standing. So in essence, you're at a crossroads, just be yourself, who you've always been and don't try to be that one guy who you think everyone sees you as. The actual fact is that if you try to be who you think people see you as, you'll no longer be yourself. You'll continue to do it for years and wonder why people are shunning away from you. Eventually you'll see this and desire to be you again.

Don't invest all your life finding love, invest it in your friends, family and yourself. Love is great, you've had plenty of it by the time you're 19, but from one person. You'll lose yourself in it, and you won't be happy. Simply do what you love to do, don't spend all your time trying to follow that one girl, who you think you could make it last forever with. You're genuinely not old or mature enough. You're still not.

Forget about trying to be someone, you are someone. You're a fantastic person, you're nice, friendly and people enjoy your company. Leave it at that and relax, get involved in things. Let love come to you, don't chase it, because when you do, you only get left behind.

Embrace all the friends you have on and offline, because it takes you quite a while to get back to being yourself, and all you end up doing is causing too much trouble. Be Gav, screw definitions and throw away what you think are the ideals. Follow your personal dreams and aspirations, and stop trying to find your soulmate. Now, burn this letter and keep doing what you've been doing.

Gav, 3 years later

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Dear 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 year old me.

You're going to get this letter once a year because you will need constant reminding of this very important lesson:

My God, stop worrying.

You worry about everything, way more than you should. You worry that you're gonna die before you can live, you worry about failure, you worry about everything there could possibly be to worry about. But the irony of it is that you've wasted so much life by being fearful of... life. There's nothing to fear, life is to be enjoyed. At the end of October 2012, you're going to meet a guy named Luke and you're going to stumble headfirst into an opportunity. Take it without hesitation. Feel the fear, do it anyway. It will all work out in the end, and it's the ticket to starting an actual life.

Andy

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Dear me in August:

Do not enroll in computer assembly. Take something- anything else!

From,
    Me

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Dear 15-16 Year Old Me,

You're gonna get into anime and become a total otaku eventually, so just go ahead and start now.

Dear Freshman College Student Me,

Change your major from Math to Student Affairs. Trust me, you will learn to love college residence life.

Dear Junior College Student Me,

Start looking for work NOW! Don't wait because then you'll never find one, end up going to grad school, and racking up even more in student loans!

Dear Me from 2009,

Make Platinum the last Pokemon game you buy. You will be disappointed with all of the ones that follow.

Back