• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ IC

Years
Evan and Dom – Still by the Pool, but Soon to be Far Away

"Where did you-" Dom looked around frantically. He gasped. "How did you?"

Evan was perched on the roof of Valiant House like a hawk. The wind tossed his hair around and he could smell that sweet scent of summer. He was hunched over with his legs bent – his black dress pants looked like they might burst. He loosens out his collar, unbuttoning the top button. The cool breeze tickles down his chest. "Stay where you are, Dom! I'll look out for a place where we can meet up! Just give me a second…"

Dom watched as Evan disappeared behind the roof. He sizes up the wall. Two stories. He has one shot, one opportunity, else the brick wall turn him into spaghetti. His palms are sweaty, knees weak, his arms are heavy. Dom feels his motors whirring faster and louder, his legs amping up to full power. With explosive force he lifts off – his right leg thrusting against the earth, his left leg sweeping ahead of him. Like the cylinders in an engine, his legs rotate faster and faster until they become a blur, accelerating with the ferocity of a big cat. He leaps. As he soars through the air, his legs continue to whirl – carried on by sheer momentum. He sees the roof pass under him. "No f***ing way…"

As hard as Evan looked, he just could not find a secluded pathway. "I'm sorry Dom," he said as he began to turn around, "I think you're gonna have to – oh. How'd you get up here?" Dom grinned. "Don't worry about it. Come, let's push on."

---

"Oh my god! Do you see that right there?"

"Yeah. Let's keep it down."

"It's so hard to see anything through this hedge!"

(That might be a problem.) Evan scans around, looking for a way to get around the obstacle. He didn't know what had gotten into him.

"Evan, where are you going?"

He didn't know what drove him. But he had gotten it into his mind that he was on a mission, and he had to see it through.

"Evan?"

Evan had climbed onto a tree. He motions for silence, and then leaps from one bough – over the hedge – to the other tree. He positions himself uncomfortably between two boughs and looks down below.

Gulp.

He wasn't sure what he was seeing. It was magnetic yet exotic, magical yet earthly, real and yet unreal. And his military discipline, his careful rationality that tied his being together began to fray at the ends. He should have looked away, but he was captivated.

His palms sweat. He slips – but he catches himself, just barely. His chest had dropped half a foot, but his arms hung on, strained and aching and fully stretched. His pupils dilate and his nostrils flare. Everything was brighter and more beautiful. He could detect enticing scents: some earthy, some floral, some musky, all of them alluring. He was rapt, and all the pain he felt from his cramped posture was worth it.

They were beautiful and they were an eyesore. His eyes sored. Suddenly, as if to please his eyes, a hundred pink flowers came into bloom, like butterflies flitting about flirtatiously. He gasped and they gasped. He wanted more and they wanted more. He wasn't thinking anymore, and neither were they.

They collapsed to the ground, onto the tree. A gentle breeze rolls in, and the branches open up wider. He saw petals blowing away without a care, revealing the flowers' bare stems. He heard limbs groaning in the wind. He felt the earth pounding, and his own heart pounded harder, and harder, and harder. He almost falls. Every breath is deep. He closed his eyes but saw everything.

Did he think he could run away, escape? He was lost by his first glance. He was falling through warmth and moisture. He saw passion run red and tasted sweet ecstasy. An arrow shot through the air from somewhere in the distance and it came closer and closer, faster and faster, until it hit him in the forehead and exploded with the brightness and the force of a supernova. He dived like a swan into a beautiful sea of green.

Evan tried to open his eyes, but all he saw was black. His fingers clawed at the dirt. It was at a pleasant temperature, and it was wet. The air was humid. His body was sore. He licked fresh blood from his lips. He smiled.​

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Wherever you ask me to go, I will even if it is at the bottom of the world." When he said those words Alicea felt her heart stop for a moment. She literally stopped breathing, her eyes wide, staring at him. Did he really just say that? It stunned her, and made her shake, confused and dazed, and so very flattered. How did he have the power to cause such a reaction in her? She didn't quite know what to make of it. Apparently he saw her shock and put his hand over his mouth, as if he had said something wrong.

"Not in a creepy way though. Sometimes I talk too much, sorry" His apology let her deep in thought. Maybe he was intending to make her blush. Why though? Did he like her the way she liked him? Because she certainly had quite a crush. She nodded absently, her eyes closing some as she looked down.

"N-no problem... I's awright..." she mumbled softly, deep in thought. She... had no clue where she wanted to go right now honestly. So maybe she should ask him? He had to have an idea. "W-where did yuh wont tuh go first?" she said meekly. She showed him the map she was holding, letting him pick a destination.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
"Matthias huh? Very nice name, I always liked the name Riley too, ever since I watched the Homeward Bound movies." Will tried not to react when Matthias didn't shake his hand. After all, it's not like my entrance was all that polite, why should I be afforded manners? Will smiled as Matthias floated a book over to them and hovered it over his hand as it spun. "Telekinesis, awesome, I've always wondered what it would look like if it were real." Will's pupil's shrank when Matthias asked what his power was, he never felt like showing anybody, besides the fact that he's a little shy what's so special about eyesight? "Well, my name is William, but you can call me Will, or Liam, and let me say it's nice to meet both of you...I needed to hang out with some guys, let's just say I can't handle anymore excitement from girls right this moment."

Will pulled one of his pebbles out of his pocket and bounced it on his hand as he scanned the bookshelves and planned out what he wanted to do, once he had decided his plan he flicked the pebble mid-bounce with no warning at a speed fast enough for it to go perfectly straight. The pebble shot up to some of the higher shelves and hit a big red book before ricocheting and hitting a smaller blue book and a big black book. All three were hit just right so that they wiggled and fell off their respective book cases. Will quickly caught the pebble as it made it down before the books and bounced it off of the floor, causing it to land on the bottom of one of the books and knock it to a specific place on the floor before bouncing back down and repeating the process with the other two to form a nice neat little pile.

Will grinned at the books he had picked out. "Ah, Eldest and The Fellowship of the Ring, two of my favorite fantasies, and a book of Poe...Poems, excellent choice if I do say so myself." He looked at Matthias and rubbed the back of his own head, embarrassed. "I can do a few things, but I don't have any sort of super power or anything.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan Steele​

Nathan was beating himself mentally for what he just said. The girl was looking at him, shocked. She had her eyes wide. What a bad thing to say! I'm really an idiot it seems. She must be thinking he was a creep that would stalk every move she did. A creep that would follow her everywhere she went. And that must have incredibly lowered his chances of being with her. No, he couldn't let that happen. Whatever it takes, he would be with her because he really liked that girl, more than anyone so far.

"N-no problem... I's awright..." she mumbled softly. "W-where did yuh wont tuh go first?" she said meekly. After this, an incredibly good idea went through his head. "I wouldn't mind the library or the pool." He really hoped the girl would say the pool because that would be a great occasion to get to "know her more". Of course, he would have to bring paper to stop eventual nosebleeds that would make him pass as a pervert. But he really didn't want to see her naked, at least not now. He couldn't help but blush at the idea of seeing her in a swimsuit. That would be complete and eternal bliss for him.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias Winston - Library

Matthias didn't seem to acknowledge the fact that he hadn't shaken Will's hand. Quite honestly though, it was more of a case of a lot of things happening at once and him sort of… forgetting it. He smiled and nodded at the introduction of this new guy, continuing to slowly spin the book around over his palm. "Will it is! You can call me… uh, whatever you want, I guess. I don't really have a lot of people close to me to give me nicknames."

He gave a little grin before raising his brows as the guy pulled out a pebble and looked around the room. As he opened his mouth to ask about it, Will threw the pebble and Matthias watched as it flicked across several of the books, causing them to fall, and in a, quite awesome-looking way, fell into a stack with the pebble landing in Will's hand.

"… Whoa. That's pretty cool! So you've got like… what, you're able to sense what'll happen when you do a certain something? Like, calculating the outcome, sort of?" As he asked him this, his right hand's fingers, beneath the book over his hand, continued to slowly curl in small waves, going from his thumb to his pinky, which seemed to keep the book in motion. It was less of him showing off and seemed a lot more like some kind of training exercise that he'd taught himself to do without thinking about it.

Sephear

Years
"Haha, maybe that will change soon enough, Matthias is good for now, I may call you Matt later if I'm lazy or in a rush, we'll see what happens." Will was never really one for showing off but impressing Matthias made him feel really good about himself, just as it did when he showed Selena earlier. No wonder all the athletes and other talented people at school were always such showoffs...it kinda feels good, hope I don't become a prim a donna. He smiled both at his own thoughts and Matthias' words. "Huh...you know, I never really thought of putting words to what I can do before...I always just thought of it as being able to see better than anyone else I knew. I guess you could say I can see really really well, and I can sort of predict what the physical consequences of a specific action will be if I do it, I can't see the future or anything, but I guess I can tell what my movements will cause before I do anything...if that makes sense. And when I concentrate, my body seems to react to what I'm thinking with near perfect precision, only doing what I'm trying and nothing else if I'm not knocked off balance, I can hold my breath a really long time too, almost 5 minutes but I'm not sure what that has to do with the rest of it."

Will was surprised at how good he felt, for once he was proud of what he could do, instead of thinking it was normal or being embarrassed. "To be fair, what I can do seems to be entirely based on concentration...I practically can't even do anything around girls...I'm a little bashful in that area. And it's not just my...special sight that's linked to my concentration, I can't seem to do anything if my thoughts are scrambled. Y'know...it feels really good to talk about it doesn't it? Every minute I'm more and more glad I came here, I think Gilded Halls is gonna turn out to be a wonderful place. I hope we can be friends and I'm looking forward to meeting other students too." Will began to feel like he was running his mouth again so he took a moment to relax his thoughts. "Sorry, I may be lazy but my brain is hyper active, I have a hard time stopping the flow of thoughts."

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Alicea closed her eyes as he looked at the map, waiting for his decision. She was slowly calming down, relaxing. She hoped at some point she would see some horses. She didn't know how to ride one, obviously, but she rather liked horses. And why was she thinking about horses right now!? What was wrong with her? Imagining learning how to ride a horse, riding one with Nathan in the sunlight, just seeing his smile... Her odd, unbidden thoughts were thankfully interrupted by his voice.

"I wouldn't mind the library or the pool." he said. She nodded, thinking. Well, being surrounded by books was all well and good, but she seriously wanted to dive into some nice, cool water, maybe clear her head a bit. And she would get to see him without a shirt on... She shook those thoughts from her head, but didn't move from his side, appearing to think it over.

"Wyell... A-ah reckon tha' goin' to thuh pool would be perty naice... H-hang on... I need tuh get muh swimsuit on..." she said, going into her bag and pulling out a nice, large blue towel, a bottle of sunscreen, and her two piece. She walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind her, getting dressed. When she emerged she looked a bit different. She was wearing a rather modest two piece suit, though, as was the nature of most suits, it did nothing to hide her legs, her arms, or her belly. The suit itself was a light blue, which accentuated her pale, alabaster skin. She was just as small and frail as she had been in the dress. The difference being you could actually see her now. Her mousy brown hair was neatly pulled into a short ponytail, letting one actually see her ears, and more of her face. She looked... Well, rather skinny, with not much muscle mass in her arms and legs, but it was rather obvious she was developing into a rather attractive woman, even if she was kind of in that inbetween stage. She sat down on the bed and began to rub sunscreen onto her feet and legs, working up them to her taut belly.

"A-ah don't wont tuh get burned... G-gimme a second an' Ah'll be r-ready..." she mumbled, blushing a bit. The sunscreen was fairly sweet smelling, and held that pungent chemical smell that no ammount of perfume could cover up, and it was white, but it went clear as she rubbed it into her skin. It would take a few minutes for her to cover herself, and she also would have to wait for Nathan to get changed as well.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years

"Hey, whatever works for you. I don't mind nicknames." He gave another little grin at Will, finally letting the book hover down into his hand, which he grabbed while letting out a little huff. Despite seeming like it didn't do anything to him, it was clearly not the easiest feat to keep the object in question moving at all times without even looking at it. He then nodded softly in a curious, interested manner as Will explained about his power.

Eventually, Matthias grinned, waiting for Will to finish his little rant before tucking one hand into his pocket. "Can't focus around girls, eh? You sounded like you'd already run into your fair share of troubles with the ones around here. I only noticed a couple of them on my way in, and I heard some shouting while I was getting set in, in my room. Were you having girl troubles then?"

He walked over to place the book back onto the table, keeping his attention on Will, but glancing over at Riley the 'roo, still shuffling about near the bookcase, and Matthias had to shake his head and let out a little chuckle at the ridiculousness of the situation. "It definitely seems like it's going to be an interesting school to stay at. Can't wait to see what other abilities the people here have."

Sephear

Years
"Cool, I don't know why but I've always liked nicknames." Will watched the book sink back down into Matthias' hand. "That must take a lot of concentration to do, I'm not sure i could pull it off if it was MY talent, bravo." Will's face started to turn red when Matthias mentioned 'girl troubles' "Well um...not really trouble, we got a long alright but...turns out this place is coed, my roommate is a girl. Also between you and me...it seems like she might..." Will leaned in close and his eyes darted back and forth conspiratorially. "Swing the other way. Of course, I can't complain, I can't really see myself managing to sweep any of the girls around here off their feet, and if there's no chance of her being interested in me it should make it easier to act normally around her...as long as I can forget how stunning she is."

Will realized he may as well put the books back since nobody seemed to be manning the library at the moment. But after looking at them, and then how high up the spots he had gotten them from were he ultimately just set them down on the same table Matthias set his book on. "I'm sure someone will take care of that. Yeah, I feel the same way, it should be interesting meeting anybody, as long as the rest of them are as cool as you I'm sure it'll be great." Will squinted a bit at Riley. "I wonder when he's gonna turn back, must not be all that comfortable looking through books without opposable thumbs."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years

"It used to take a lot out of me, doing really simple stuff, but I found out about it pretty early on, so I've had like… ten years of practicing and getting better." Matthias tucked his hands away in his pockets while listening to Will, his eyes widening a little at the sound of his room mate swinging 'the other way'. "Whoa, really? Huh… I guess the world's full of special people, in more than one way.

He gave a grin as Will just placed the books on top of the one he'd put down on the table, nodding his head. "Yeah, I'm sure someone'll put them back in place." He smiled a little sheepishly as Will called him cool. Despite not caring too much about what others thought of him, it was still… rather nice that one of the people he'd just met thought he was cool. He followed Will's glance over to Riley, shrugging his shoulders a little.

"I dunno, he seems to be getting along really well. And I think he might've mentioned only being able to change once every… I dunno, two hours or once every day or something." He watched Riley Roo for another few moments before shaking his head and looking back at Will. "So! Which part of the world are you from? Anywhere close by? I'm from Denmark myself… if you hadn't guessed from the accent, heh."

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

---Time: 10:30am - 1:00pm
---Weather: Sunny and hot

Elements 101

2vtnnn4.png
Earth. Fire. Air. Water.​
- - - - -​

Miss Castleton had just arrived at the school for the first time. She was a teacher, of sorts, however she had been asked to take on a slightly different role at Gilded Halls. "Intrigue them, perplex them, confuse them!" The headmaster had been very odd on the phone, now she had been completely checked in she could see why.

She had been hired for her skills, the skills she often had to hide. She was something of a collector, her vault of objects and valuables exceeded that of any prince or king. Decades of collecting meant she could offer anything, everything. The classroom before her was bare, but luckily she could fix that.

With a wave of her hand, items appeared left, right and centre. Beakers and bunsen burners, stools and desks, the classroom slowly filled up. Odd scientific posters covered the wall, white blinds hung from the window, a pristine whiteboard dangled from the front wall.

"One last thing," Miss Castleton reached in to the air as a marker-pen materialised. With her elegant, pristine writing she wrote the note on the board.

We are part of nature, nature is part of us. Within each and every person is the ability to control nature, to a limited degree.

Choose your beaker wisely. Not every road leads to success.

The from desk was laid out, there were four distinctive sets of beakers. The first was filled with water, the second with sand. One beaker held just a single leaf whilst the final beaker held a small box of matches.

Students are tasked with attempting to control an element. Their goal is not to master it, but to show some affinity to one, single element. You may be able to draw out droplets from the water, touch the fire as if it wasn't there, cause the sand to churn or even flutter the leaf around the room. How much your character can manage is up to you.

Miss Castleton's work was done, she scanned the classroom one last time and left - leaving the door open and the classroom available for the students. The bell, sat atop the main building, rang as the minute-hand reached its half way point. A clear sign that the first lesson was starting in classroom 1A.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Kevin Blake - Classroom 1A

Kevin managed to stagger across the lounge and reach the small kitchen which was located there. He reached the sink and quickly poured himself a glass of water, gulping it down and taking a deep breath he could feel his body become rigid again but he still felt tired. He placed the glass back down in the sink and heading back over to his room. Heading inside he could see the phone which lay with its back open and the battery lying just a few feet away from it. "What was all that about? I almost collapsed!" mumbled Kevin. "I need to lie down."

Kevin was just about to get into his bed when a loud alarm rung throughout the school, "What the hell is that?" Looking down he noticed his gift bag, "Maybe there's something in here?" and sure enough there was a small note which explained that once the bell rang it was time to head to class. Letting out a sigh Kevin grabbed his jacket and his small backpack and once again headed out the door.

Fixing his jacket as he headed towards the Valiant House exit, Kevin still felt tired and worn out. Heading outside, a quick flash of the intense sunlight forced Kevin to put his hand up to his eyes in an attempt to shield them. As he continued to walk back towards the main building he thought about all the different people he might meet in this class.

Eventually reaching the main building, he headed inside and not having a clue, he wandered about for a few minutes staring at his map before he finally found the room in which he was supposed to be in. "Classroom 1A, here we are!", as he walked slowly into the classroom he immediately noticed he was the first one there, seizing this opportunity he walked around the room a small bit. Noticing the board he looked up and seen the less than obvious lesson objective. "We are part of nature, nature is part of us. Within each and every person is the ability to control nature, to a limited degree. Choose your beaker wisely. Not every road leads to success."

He looked down at the four beakers which sat just in front of him. There was one filled with water, another with sand, one with a leaf and finally one with a box of matches. Looking around the room he placed his finger just an inch or two above the beaker of water, a small spark jumped from the tip of his finger and hit the water, the water began to ripple a small bit before returning to its idle state. After giving a small smirk he decided to sit down and wait for the rest of the class to arrive.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
→ Jamie Lane ● Fire

The pool had gradually got more crowded, others (students, Jamie assumed) had started to enjoy the garden and the glorious summer sun. Lying on the sunbed, he could pick up on words every now and then, although he couldn't hear anything worth listening to.

A bell chimed, sat atop the tower of the main school building. The leaflet had mentioned something about a signal for lessons, this was apparently it. Curious, Jamie gathered his things and pulled his shorts back on, his loose green vest barely covering his chest. He spotted an entrance from the garden side of the grounds, walking out of the sun and into the cool corridor of Gilded Halls.

Where's this lesson going to be then? He thought, peering inside every door he could see. Finally, he found his way to room 1A - where the door was wide open, inviting people in.

The classroom was empty, with only a red-headed boy sat waiting at a desk. He seemed alone, Jamie noticed there were dozens more beakers on the front desk but not a teacher in sight.

Then he noticed the note on the board:

We are part of nature, nature is part of us. Within each and every person is the ability to control nature, to a limited degree.

Choose your beaker wisely. Not every road leads to success.

Curious, Jamie went over and looked at the beakers. He picked them up, investigating their content, before looking back to the red-haired boy.

"Er... Do you know what we're doing?" He asked, confused. This was no normal chemistry lesson, he was expecting a periodic table not a lesson in magic and witchcraft.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The time underneath the tree would never leave Ginny's mind as she shook her hair out to get rid of the petals. A warm smile danced along her flushed features and she was still a bit out of breath from before. "You're amazing." She looked around at the petals a bit and shook her head playfully, "I've never seen anyone able to do what you can do, Selena." Her eyes looked up into Selena's once again and she smiled, "I love it."

Selena was the first other person that she had ever met that had a special ability, but Ginny had never shared hers with anyone. With Selena, though, she thought she could share and the girl would keep her secret, especially after what they had shared. "I, uh, have one too..."

First Liam, then Ginny? What is going on with this school? Ginny didn't seem too freaked out when she saw the blossoms above her. She actually loved it. Selena had a beautiful ability after all. She can make, and grow any flower anyone desired. Selena then grew a vine filled with flowers, that glued on the tree. Blue-petaled flowers bloomed with yellow tips on the end. "Yeah, I'd just happen to grow flowers. I can grow anything. I can pretty much cover the whole school building with vines and flowers in just minutes if I could." Selena explained, "however, which is why I really needed the sunlight because I'll feel weak."

She snapped her right finger to reveal a flower she grew with her own hand. As she pulled it, she placed the flower on the right side of Ginny's hair, making her even more beautiful.

"You...also have something too?" Selena asked, "I've seen fancy eye tricks, what can you do?"

Ginny blushed as Selena placed the flower in her hair and she reached out to her and carefully stood up. Soreness was already tearing through her body and she grunted a bit in pain. When Selena looked concerned, she shook her head, "I'll be fine, don't worry." Her eyes lit up a bit and she ran her fingers against Selena's as they held hands, "Well, I've never showed anyone before..." With some concentration, Ginny's hand passed right through Selena's and then passed back through, re-materializing where it's been. "I can do my whole body, too. I call it uh... phase shifting. It's pretty neat."

The sound of the bell interrupted the two and Ginny looked towards Selena, "I guess our first lesson has started. I'll need your help getting there..." She grinned a bit, knowing that she would definitely be getting the required assistance, "That did a real number on me."

She never expected THAT from a girl like Ginny! Selena shrieked a bit as Ginny's hand went right through hers. It was way better than Liam's "eye trick" or his ability to see pretty much everything. Ginny's power, in Selena's eyes? The ability to get through solid matter. It was a pretty neat ability, topping Selena's ability. Where all she could do was to grow plants, and with that ability she needed to take care of herself. Suddenly a rush of thirst came to her as an urge to drink water. Selena reminded herself that she had left her half-drank gallon of water under her bed.

"Sure, no problem," She placed Ginny's arm over her shoulder and started walking from the tree. "Before we get to our first lesson, I need to stop by my room really quick to gather my bag. I also...need my water." Selena added, "You know...plants need water. Heh."

"I think I'll be able to make it, just with a limp." Playfully, she stuck her tongue out as the pair approached the dormitory. The class wasn't too far from there, so she have Selena a quick kiss before heading off alone to the lesson. Movement was slow and arduous, but eventually she found herself in the building where the lesson was taking place. Her eyes looked around and she glared as she noticed her roommate already there.

It was going to be difficult living with him, but she decided it'd be best to sit near him and try to come back from what had happened earlier in the day. She shuffled over to the seat next to Jamie and almost collapsed into it. The pain was unbelievable now and she knew that soon she should probably see the nurse, but right now she had decided that she'd see if it got better on its own first.

A joint post by Mac and [supporter]Meganium90[/supporter].

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Kevin + Jamie - Classroom 1A

Kevin sat inside the classroom twiddling his thumbs as he waited for someone to show up. He was beginning to think it was only just him who had shown up to this class, perhaps everyone else had forgot? After waiting for what felt like an hour, but was more like a few minutes, someone else eventually walked through the classroom door. As Kevin raised his head, standing just at the front of the room was a boy with longish brown hair which looked to be in an untidy fashion, much like his own. As far as Kevin could tell he seemed to be intrigued by the beakers at the top of the room, he picked them up and studied them for a second before placing them back down. He then turned to Kevin and spoke, "Er... Do you know what we're doing?" Looking up with a puzzled looked on his face Kevin responded, "Nope, to be honest your guess is as good as mines. Doesn't help that I can't make out what the board means either".

"Hmm." Picking up four beakers, one of each type, he made his way over to the boy.

"Sounds a bit like a riddle," Jamie suggested, "You don't think they really expect us to be able to do this?" He omitted the fact that he, himself could control sound. Perhaps it wasn't as ludicrous as the intructions suggested.

"I'm Jamie, by the way," he added.

Seeing that Jamie had picked up one of each beaker, Kevin assumed that each student must have to have one of each beaker to participate in the lesson. Standing up and walking back up to the front desk he himself grabbed one of each beaker and walked back to his seat. He placed the beakers down onto his table and then proceeded to sit back down again.

"Jamie huh? I'm Kevin, it's nice to meet you!"

"So then Jamie … how'd you end up here in this school?"

Jamie fiddled with the beaker of sand, shaking it around and working out just what he had to do. "Err," he said, trying to avoid the question, "it's a long story. It was this or nothing, really."

He shrugged it off, turning his attention to the beaker with a leaf in, "What about you?"

Kevin smiled at Jamie's avoiding of the question. "What's this guy hiding?" he thought.

"Well … I might as well tell you mine then, the brief version that is. I used to cause a lot of trouble back in my old school, parents pulled me out of it and sent me here. That's about it."

As Kevin stared at the water in his beaker, he was unsure whether he should tell Jamie about his power or not. "Probably best to skim over it for now" Kevin thought.

Jamie chuckled, looking up at the boy. "Same old, same old, then," he murmured, drawing out the matches of the final beaker, flicking one against the striking surface.

A flame danced on the end of the match, Jamie smiled as it flickered.

"They say fire is the element of anger and rage right?" Jamie asked, thinking back to countless films he had seen, "This is gonna be mine then, I bet."

Kevin smirked as he slouched back in his chair "Element of anger and rage huh? That depends on the person doesn't it? Some of us already have our own element of anger and rage." He was careful not to directly imply he had an ability as he was interested to see if Jamie would catch on.

"As for mines, I'll try this sand. See how it works out for me" Kevin knew there was something different about this Jamie guy, he could see it in his eyes as he watched the flame on the match dance around. He reminded Kevin very much of himself.

Jamie raised an eyebrow at Kevin's statement, but otherwise said nothing. His eyes were focused on the flame, trying to summon up some kind of effect in the same way he manipulates sound.

He focused, took one deep, slow breath, then mentally commanded the flame. Grow... nothing. The flame looked the same, burning it's way too close to Jamie's finger, he dropped it in to the beaker and drew another.

Kevin could see that Jamie was trying to do something with the flame, what he was trying to do was anyone's guess.

Looking down at the sand, Kevin was a bit unsure how he could do anything to it. He picked it up and started to rotate his index finger just above the sand, he had no idea what this would accomplish but he had no idea what else to do. Of course as one would expect nothing happened. Letting out a small sigh, he placed the beaker back down and sat back in his chair again.

"So … what have you gotten up to since you got here?"

Another match was lit, "Well I met my roommate, that was... great," Jamie's sarcasm was never subtle. "I've had a look around but I spent most of the morning coolin off."

He thought back to Ginerva. He would have to share a room with that girl for the entire term, that giant, angry beast of a girl. His eyes narrowed slightly, he averted his gaze from Kevin, just in time to see the match flare up.

"Was that me?" He asked Kevin, a slight smile on his lips.

Kevin smirked, "I don't know, you tell me. You did say fire is the element of anger and rage right?"

Kevin liked this guy, he was a lot like him. He also couldn't ignore the fact that deep down he felt corrupt again, almost like he wanted to cause some trouble, but should he? He promised that he would keep his head down this time …. but then again, one little bit of trouble making isn't going to hurt anyone is it?

Just as they were about to continue talking to each other, a girl suddenly entered the room inturrupting the conversation. Kevin watched her as she entered the room and proceeded to slouch down next to Jamie. "Umm ... hi" Kevin introduced himself looking over at her. He also noticed that Jamie seemed to be sitting quite awkwardly.

Jamie then leaned forward and looked across at Kevin. "This would be my roommate Ginny".

Joint post between SwiftSign and WooliestSteam1

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
Liam was glad Matthias didn't call him out on his laziness with the books, he didn't know why but he felt bad about mentioning Selena's 'interaction' with the other girl even if he didn't say much. "Hey uh Matthias, think you could do me a favor and not mention what I said about my roommate? She's still adjusting and I don't want her to be embarrassed...And before you ask there's nothing special about her to me, I just can't stand the thought of hurting a girl's feelings. She's beautiful, there's an amazing sweetness in the air around her, and there's something entrancing about her innate connection to nature...but he doesn't need to know that right now, that's her business.

"Oh, well I'm from the United States actually, I was originally born in California, it's beautiful but the laws there have been decaying recently, like the government of the U.S as a whole. The past few years I lived in this do-nothing worthless little town in the middle of the desert that lives in the shadow of Vegas. It's quite a nice change coming here, I always wanted to visit England anyways. So your Danish? I recognized you had a subtle accent, but I had no idea where it's from, the only people from outside the U.S I've ever met were from Germany. I can't help thinking Riley's from Australia...I wonder" Liam was interrupted by a loud ringing echoing clearly through the school. "Well I left my gift bag back in the room, but I've only been going to public schools almost every day since I was 5, I know what a bell at a school means."

Will began to make his way out of the Library, not wanting to start his new school year being late. "Alright, see you in class Matthias, I'm glad we talked and it was nice...sort of meeting you too Riley, hey you should totally come into class still a Kangaroo, it'd be hilarious." After he left the Library he didn't bother detouring towards the dorms, he figured he wouldn't need his backpack for the very first class. Besides, Selena might be back by now, and if I talk to her alone right now I might say something stupid, and I don't need to start the first class feeling awkward.

Liam walked into the classroom and right away realized he hadn't met anybody who had made it there before him, he was about to try and talk to one of the guys when he noticed the girl Selena had been with was sitting near him. He made a wide arc around them, trying not to risk a look at her gorgeous features and picked a spot on the far side of the room from them before he payed attention to the board. So they didn't mean learning about scientific elements...they meant learning about natural elements...man some of the stuff here is right out of some fantasy story. He was about to get up and take a closer look when the two other guys in the room took one of each beaker. Hm, makes sense. He got up and went to get some beakers of his own when he heard was sounded like flames. He looked back to the two guys and noticed one of them was holding a match with a way over sized flame. "Cool, I wonder what I can do." He spoke out loud but when his gaze strayed towards the girl he quickly turned away and sat back down in his chosen seat.

Will sat there staring at each of the beakers, nothing happened so he focused specifically on the one with water in it, he loved water, the way he simply flowed, letting nothing stop it and going around what it couldn't push with no effort, if he could ever think that freely his life would be so much simpler. He focused really hard and imagined the water floating up on to his hand until he had to stop and noticed all the muscles in his neck had tensed up. All the air left his lungs in a whoosh and he laid his head on the desk grumpily. Nothin...oh well I won't be so bored when Matthias get's here...with his ability this stuff should be a snap. He noticed somebody in the room was breathing heavily, when he turned it was quite obvious it was the girl he was avoiding. Chivalry is dead, chivalry is dead chivalry is- "Hey, are you alright? You're not hurt are you?" D'oh! Screw you brain! You've failed me again!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ginny smirked as she was introduced by Jamie and she nodded to the boy with him, "Yes, I'm Ginny or Ginevra. I'm just so fortunate to be his roommate." Her eyes glanced to Jamie and turned to slits, "Who decided to just toss his damned duffel right on top of me, which started a fight. Then he ran away like a baby when I beat him." She looked from Kevin to Jamie and then towards the beakers, which sparked some curiosity, but not enough to bother getting up.

It felt good to sit down, especially with all of the pain she was in. She tried her best to school her features, but it was of no use when another one of the students approached her with a concerned look on his face. She debated answering his question with the truth, but decided deceit might be her best course of action right now – besides, she didn't want too many questions posed to her about her injuries. Then she would have to explain how she got them and she just couldn't, since it was embarrassing.

Not that she was embarrassed of Selena, she just thought that their antics should stay as private as possible and regardless, it was not very lady-like to kiss and tell. She forced a smile and looked up to the boy in front of her, "I'm alright… just pushed myself too far exercising, I think." The grimace betrayed her smile and she slumped down in the chair, "I guess it's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

She indicated a chair nearby, "Why don't you have a seat? We're supposed to work with the elements, but I can't find the ability to get up again. Or… you could help me up to the front and we could try together?" Her eyes were wide, pleading with him to help her and she knew in her head that this was all a game that she was playing. This was something she had done only a few times in her other schools, but here, with a small enough student body, she thought her manipulative talents would be put to good use.

Unfortunately, she did need the help to get up and if she wanted to try this, a strapping lad such as Liam in front of her would be a good assistant. It doesn't hurt that he's cute, does it Ginny? She chastened that inner voice and pushed it away to the back of her head, not wanting to get into anything further with anyone else today, especially after what she had experienced earlier.​

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
Will looked around Ginny instead of AT her as she answered him in an attempt to keep his cool, it didn't help that she had just the right type of down-south accent to her voice. Exercising? Is that what they call it now, I must be a lot more out of shape than I thought. He believed his exoneration from the mistake of making himself known had come when she admitted she wasn't all that much okay. He felt as if his heart was making a desperate escape from his rib cage when she suggested he sit near her, he realized he'd need to focus to calm it down, as well as to keep his composure. He remembered some of the exercises he had learned that were supposed to help him keep his thoughts in line, but he knew himself well enough to realize if he focused an any one thing in the room he'd probably start to ignore Ginevra, so he'd just have to focus on her. When he finally did, smiling casually to keep his face from becoming an intense stare, he found that his heart calmed down and could think mostly clearly.

He sat in one of the nearby chairs and slid it a little closer, to a conversational nearness. "I'm actually kind of surprised to see you looking so worn out, those legs look like they could run for miles." Well THAT was a step in the wrong direction. When she asked him to asked him for help getting to the front of the class he thought maybe keeping his thoughts under control wouldn't be so easy after all. He thought about just giving her his beakers and getting a new set for himself to avoid contact. But...maybe it's not just being tired or sore, maybe she wants somebody to actually treat her nice, doesn't seem like she got along with her roommate all too well, I got lucky with Selena. Besides...could it hurt to have a pretty girl lean on me? Ah screw it, I'm already here, if I can't let go of chivalry I may as well be a knight.

Liam gently sat his beakers onto his new desk and stood in front of Ginevra, he bowed and flourished his wrist a bit before placing his hand palm-open in front of her. "Allow me to lead you to your destination my ahem Mi'lady" He actually couldn't help laughing out loud for a moment at his own ridiculousness. "Ah forget it here, you can lean on me if you want, I never could just watch a girl suffer. Oh, um by the way, my name is William, but I also go by Will, or Liam, nice to meet you, Ginevra was it? Very nice name, I've never heard it before."

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Selena Bravo - Room 1

Ginny went on ahead to class, while Selena decided to head back to her room to get her belongings. As a good student herself, she wanted to be prepared for her first lesson. As she waved at Ginny, she opened the door to her room with the card key, and closed the door after her. Immediately, she banged the door with her back and slid down to the floor slowly, not only she felt dehydrated from going outside, but she was also emotionally dehydrated as well. "Oh...my...God...."

Liam wasn't there, fortunately. He may have also gone to class as well. The room was a bit messy but that didn't bother Selena at all. She glanced at the jugs of water right in front of her, located right under her bed. She stretched as far as she could to retrieve the one that was half-empty, threw the cap onto Liam's bed and drank the water as if she ran a mile in the heat. Drinking all the water she could, but most of the water dripped to her shirt. In just 10 seconds the jug was empty, and Selena proceeded to drink another one, finishing it whole and in less than half a minute. Afterwards, she stood up and changed clothing. She hasn't unpacked her belongings yet ever since the first time she left the room, but right now it would be the perfect time to change without a boy like Liam intervening.

Five minutes later, Selena changed to a green plaid buttoned-up t-shirt, jean shorts, and decided to wear the same leather boots she wore earlier. (click for image) It was a little hot outside, so the outfit was perfect for her to wear later in the afternoon. She accessorized herself with a flower necklace with a yellow gem in the middle, three chain bracelets on the left hand, and hipster-style sunglasses...just to wear something on her head. Her hair stayed the same, leaving it straight down.

Selena was ready to go to class. Grabbing a jug of water from under the bed, adding a notebook and a few writing utensils on her large bag and casually walked out of her room, enclosing the door with the card key. Hopefully she wouldn't be late for her very first lesson.​

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias Winston – Classroom 1A

"Yeah, don't sweat it. I can keep a secret. Have done so for about ten years now. So as long as you don't plan on making me wait that long, I think I'll be fine." He gave the boy in front of him a little grin, his hands still tucked into his pockets. He understood fully well that William didn't want to hurt this girl he'd just been moved into the same room with. That'd be incredibly uncomfortable, not to mention pretty mean on his part.

Matthias nodded, raising his brows at the fact that the guy seemed to be from California of all places. So practically on the other end of the world for Matthias, coming from such a tiny country as Denmark, compared to the United States. He glanced over at Riley as the conversation led to the kangaroo boy again, and he grinned lightly. "You know, I think you might be onto something there. Then again, maybe he just like kangaroos."

He looked back at William who seemingly wanted to say something, but was interrupted by a loud ringing from a bell somewhere. Matthias blinked softly, looking upwards. "Huh. I guess you're right." He looked down again, smiling as he gave William a wave, shouting out "See you soon, Will! Nice meeting you too!" after him. He then turned to the kangaroo boy, snickering as he stepped closer and raised a hand, giving his furry back a little pat. "I better get to class too. I'll tell the teacher that you'll be right there, alright? Speak to you soon!"

Ignoring the growing need to scratch Riley behind the ear, Matthias turned around and headed towards the classroom which he seemed to remember having passed just about twice now. The school map wasn't that difficult to remember, so there was that. He didn't run, but he walked at a quickened pace, since he didn't want to be there late, but he didn't want another bumping-into incident. He'd actually never heard a bell before. They didn't use them in kindergarden in Denmark, and considering he hadn't gone to a proper school before… well, he'd never experienced one for himself. It was interesting, to say the least.

He arrived at the classroom not long after and stepped inside, the first thing he saw being William seemingly helping a redheaded girl with a bit of a limp up towards the desk, where something was scribbled on the board, and there were several beakers put out. He ignored the oddity of the situation of having no teacher, apparently, turning to look over at Kevin, sitting next to another guy, both of which had picked out a pair of beakers. He gave a grin, raising a hand to give a wave to the boy while calling out "Hey Kevin!"

With that done, he walked up to the front desk, reading over the words on the board, his brow furrowing as he tried to make sense of it. He looked down at the beakers and the 'elements' contained within, picking up a beaker, almost filled with sand, turning it around in his hands. He didn't think it was a prank of any kind. And it seemed too obvious to be some kind of weird riddle. Even then, it seemed just a bit odd for it to be what it seemed to be as well; Them learning to control the elements. To a degree, at least. He shrugged and put down the beaker of sand, picking up one with a box of matches in it, tilting his head a little as a smile played on his lips.

… Then again, this entire place seemed a bit odd, so if anything, it fit with the rest of it. He took the beaker of matches with him, heading over to one of the tables near the windows, giving William a wink on the way, snickering to himself as he sat down, placing the beaker in front of him and picking out the box of matches, studying it in the light of the sun shining brightly through the window. "… Hmm. I guess I should just… give it a shot."

Back