• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Midnight Club

TY

Midnight Club is a racing game series made by Rockstar Games. It allowed you to race in cars in a way different from Need for Speed or most racing games, by having a few checkpoints around the map and no barriers at all (except for a few racing modes). In the last Midnight Club game there was a vinyl editor which allowed you to create the most craziest vinyls you can ever think of with a few layers.

Who played one of these games? What do you like about them? What are your favorite games and cars in those series.

Also feel free to share any cars you customized in them :3

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I've played every one in the series. Midnight Club L.A. has an insanely huge map and the graphics are amazing, although it had a high learning curve and was actually a bit difficult to beat.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I've only Played Midnight CLub L.A. Fun games, but I've never been much of a racing game fan, except for Mario Kart. These games don't interest me as much as other games do. Still a very fun game.

Years
  • The one that got me hooked to the racing genre was Midnight Club 2 for the PS2. I had too much fun just randomly driving around the city and doing races :P Loved the locations that the races were set in that game, cars were okay, not my favourite. I also have L.A. for PS3, which I don't think is as good as MC2 despite the better graphics and what-not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've played L.A. once, but didn't enjoy it much, though. I just didn't like how the setting takes place during nighttime. Oh well... after all, I guess there's a reason why it's actually called Midnight Club, right? Haha.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I played them cause a friend had them. They seemed pretty repetitive and I never really grew attached to the game. Can't even really remember any details on it.

TY

I've played L.A. once, but didn't enjoy it much, though. I just didn't like how the setting takes place during nighttime. Oh well... after all, I guess there's a reason why it's actually called Midnight Club, right? Haha.

Strange, as in 7 out of 10 times I always raced during daytime haha.

Also I made this last night, I got a bit bored :3
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I only played the original; closest thing I had to GTA for a while. Tried and never managed to unlock the British police vehicles; I probably could now but am not so interested in this sort of game anymore. Still, I happened to find the unlock for —and often used— the Faasuto GT. While it's true there's no set track, there was always an obvious path to follow so it isn't really any less fixed than a circuit racer, aside from the (probably) random traffic.

What's the vinyl editor about? Custom music?

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I had Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix..I loved the extra cars! My Scion (started with it) ended up looking far different than it did..that's the main thing about MC. The customisation, is far better than Need for Speed's.

I love any game with free roaming in it, as it meant you could do whatever the heck you please. MC is a fantastic example of that.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I've only played MC3: Dub Edition Remix on the PS2, it was an insane game. I loved the customization and the racing style, very addicting! ... I hope we can get a similar game on the PS4, the racing games that are out or coming out soon don't look all that great.

Back