• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Environments

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Not talking about your living room/mother's basement/hole in the ground/wherever it is you play your video games, in case you thought that. I'm talking about places in video games.

You ever go somewhere in a game, and are like "This place is really beautiful/cool/creepy"? I'm sure you have. Share with the rest of us some noteworthy places in games you've been to.

Let's see how fast this thread dies

Years
  • I'm a big fan of downtown levels in games. Of particular note are Downtown Springfield in The Simpsons: Road Rage and Hit & Run, Downtown Bikini Bottom in SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, and basically every level of Jet Set Radio. They feel so... exhilarating and chronically unexplored.

Years
  • In Ocarina of Time, I like messing around in Hyrule Field doing absolutely nothing. It's a beautiful, wide-open area. I also enjoy exploring the temples all over again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, despite the awful gamepaly Fable III had some of the most beautiful environments I had ever seen. The Legend of Zelda games always surprise me with its gorgeous settings. The Mario games have creative, innovative settings as well. While not necessarily as beautiful as Fable's, GTA V's setting has surprised me the most with how realistic and expansive the maps are in game and online.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I love Night's Domain from Atelier Rorona.
    It was a dark forest with fantastic background music.
    I even stopped there for a while just to listen to it.
    It could be considered creepy but I loved it.

Years
  • I really like games with large metropolitan areas where I can freely roam the streets, visit shops and are based on urban areas. Even though it the game hasn't been released yet, the city environment for FFXV seems really nice! The GW2 main area is humongous with tons of areas to roam and explore so that would probably be my favourite.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I'll use spoiler tags to help ease the enormousness of the image, but I think some of the most beautiful scenes in gaming come from Halo 4.

Spoiler:

This is an in game image, where the character depicted *Master Chief* watches as a friendly ship is pulled onto the artificial planet by an unknown entity.

Not good enough of an example?

Spoiler:

Kind of paints a picture, doesn't it?

-------------------------------------------

Alternatively, some of my favorite environments would be from Ryse: Son of Rome, or some of the Xbox One exclusives.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Phenandra Drifts. I'll never quite get over the overwhelming beauty of that area. The piano in the music, combined with the snow slowly falling over head, such a foreboding sense of loneliness.

Back