• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Quotes

TY

I remember a thread like this being around but it died, so here we go again!

What are your favorite quotes characters make in video games?

Yukari

"Nobody lives in the slums because they want to. Life is like this train; going wherever it's tracks take it."
    -Cloud Strife
    I'm pretty sure it was like that.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Here are some of my favorite quotes from the Mass Effect series:
    Gunnery Chief: This, recruits, is a 20-kilo ferrous slug. Feel the weight. Every five seconds, the main gun of an Everest-class dreadnought accelerates one to 1.3 percent of light speed. It impacts with the force of a 38-kilotomb bomb. That is three times the yield of the city buster dropped on Hiroshima back on Earth. That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-***** in space. Now! Serviceman Burnside! What is Newton's First Law?
    First Recruit: Sir! A object in motion stays in motion, sir!
    Gunnery Chief: No credit for partial answers, maggot!
    First Recruit: Sir! Unless acted on by an outside force, sir!
    Gunnery Chief: **** straight! I dare to assume you ignorant jack****** know that space is empty. Once you fire this husk of metal, it keeps going till it hits something. That can be a ship, or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you're ruining someone's day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your **** targets! That is why you wait for the computer to give you a **** firing solution! That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it!" This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!
    Second Recruit: Sir, yes sir!

Garrus Vakarian: Do you ever miss those talks we had on the elevators?
    Tali'Zorah: No.
    Garrus Vakarian: Come on. Remember how we'd always ask you about life on the flotilla? It was an opportunity to share!
    Tali'Zorah: This conversation is over.
    Garrus Vakarian: Tell me again about your immune system.
    Tali'Zorah: I have a shotgun.
    Garrus Vakarian: Mmmmaybe we'll talk later.

Krogan Mercenary: [to a Virtual Intelligence hologram] Tell me what I want to know, or I'll blast your virtual ass into actual dust!

Captain Kirrahe: You all know the mission, and what is at stake. I have come to trust each of you with my life. But I have also heard murmurs of discontent. I share your concerns. We are trained for espionage. We would be legends, but the records are sealed. Glory in battle is not our way. Think of our heroes: the Silent Step, who defeated a nation with a single shot, or the Ever Alert, who kept armies at bay with hidden facts. These giants do not seem to give us solace here, but they are not all that we are. Before the network, there was the Fleet! Before diplomacy, there were SOLDIERS! Our influence stopped the Rachni, but before that, we held the line! Our influence stopped the Krogan, but before that, we held the line! Our influence will stop Saren! In the battle today, we will hold the line!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I've always thought that Andrew Ryan from the game Bioshock was one of the most fascinating characters in video game history. He provides such quizzical dialogue that makes you really think about life in general and provides a very interesting outlook to how the norms are run. Here are some of my favorite quotes by him:

"I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

"I came to this place to build the impossible. You came to rob what you could never build - a Hun gaping at the gates of Rome. Even the air you breathe is sponged from my account. Well... breathe deep, so later you might remember the taste."

"What is the greatest lie every created? What is the most vicious obscenity ever perpetrated on mankind? Slavery? The Holocaust? Dictatorship? No. It's the tool with which all that wickedness is built: altruism. Whenever anyone wants others to do their work, they call upon their altruism. Never mind your own needs, they say, think of the needs of... of whoever. The state. The poor. Of the army, of the king, of God! The list goes on and on. How many catastrophes were launched with the words "think of yourself"? It's the "king and country" crowd who light the torch of destruction. It is this great inversion, this ancient lie, which has chained humanity to an endless cycle of guilt and failure. My journey to Rapture was my second exodus. In 1919, I fled a country that had traded in despotism for insanity. The Marxist revolution simply traded one lie for another. Instead of one man, the tsar, owning the work of all the people, *all* the people owned the work of all of the people. So, I came to America: where a man could own his own work, where a man could benefit from the brilliance of his own mind, the strength of his own muscles, the *might* of his own will. I had thought I had left the parasites of Moscow behind me. I had thought I had left the Marxist altruists to their collective farms and their five-year plans. But as the German fools threw themselves on Hitler's sword "for the good of the Reich", the Americans drank deeper and deeper of the Bolshevik poison, spoon-fed to them by Roosevelt and his New Dealists. And so, I asked myself: in what country was there a place for men like me - men who refused to say "yes" to the parasites and the doubters, men who believed that work was sacred and property rights inviolate. And then one day, the happy answer came to me, my friends: there was *no* country for people like me! And *that* was the moment I decided... to build one."

"A man chooses, a slave obeys"

Andrew Ryan will probably go down as one of my favorite "villains" in video gaming history. The confrontation with him near the end of the game is such an eye opener and changes the whole perception of how you view the game. That's one of the reason why the first Bioshock in my opinion is one of the best games made in the last decade or so.

TY

I'm just gonna make a long post of RTS unit quotes cause I can and I got no proper life haha :P

Red Alert 2: Mental Omega
    "If I die, I die" - Mantis Tank
    "Death is cheap!" - Mantis Tank
    "Not bark, bite!" - Wolfhound
    "Let the bass kick" - Basswave
    "Is it a bird, or is it a plane?" - Seawolf

StarCraft II
    "I have pictures of you... hundreds..." - Stalker
    "Restraining order? But what about our love?" - Stalker
    "Pity" - High Templar
    "Strictly Business" - Nova
    "POWER... OVERWHELMING" - Archon

Red Alert 3
    "Oh look, is that your house?" - Kirov Airship
    "Muhahahahha" - Apocalypse Tank

Will add more soon!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    A lot of these are final fantasy.
    Farmer: I'm a farmer. -Final Fantasy I (I just couldn't help but stifle a laugh)
    Minwu: All those who live must some day die. It is our fate. -Final Fantasy II
    Random Drunk Guy: Knights do it two-handed. -Final Fantasy V
    Kimahri: Only those who try will become. -Final Fantasy X
    Yuna: "We had no choice." Always "We had no choice." Those were our magic words. We repeat them to ourselves again and again but you know... The magic never worked! The only thing we're left with is... regret. -Final Fantasy X-2

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    "All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This quote is too obvious, and too classic.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Pulling from previous threads...

Heavy Gear II
    "Hello Talon Commander! Welcome to Gamorrah, asscrack of the universe!" (Dragon to PC, after arriving on Gamorrah)
    "Of course - We'll just jump our three tons on very quietly and they will never hear us." (Antion Malliux to Juno Vesping, arguing on how to infiltrate a heavily defended space port)

Battlezone II

"...Perhaps one day, they will know the value of the gift we are about to give them. People of Earth, prepare to meet your future." (Padasha Burnes, Scion ending - Terraforming the Dark Planet)

"What were the Scions really trying to do? How were they going to colonize the Dark Planet? And why did they want to destroy Earth? Or did they ever want to destroy Earth at all? I guess we'll never know... The answer dies with them." (John Cook, ISDF Ending - Destroying Core)

"Your salvation approaches!" (Avenger Missile Scout)

Infinite Space
    "I believe I felt a bump..." (Niel Emeron, after his ship gets rammed by a Elgavian Boridino Battleship - His ship was completely unharmed.)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I found one more as I was playing Chrono Trigger today.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." - Magus, Chrono Trigger

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    A random argonian in skyrim: 'You can not choose what happens to you, but your happiness is a choice' (or something like that)

I married that argonian, for like a day, then I got bored and killed them. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Crisis Core & FFVII
    Spoiler:

Final Fantasy X
    Spoiler:

The Last of Us & Left Behind
    Spoiler:

The World Ends With You
    Spoiler:

The Ace Attorney series remains one of the most quotable games for me.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Basically anything from League of Legends, they're all surprisingly well done! My favourites include:

• "This whole... living thing is... highly overrated." - Mordekaiser
    • "I know what makes them tick. I know how to make the ticking stop." - Orianna (Sylar ♥)
    • "Is that a rocket in your pocket..?" - Tristana
    • "Captain Teemo, on duty!" - Teemo (Cutest voice ever ♥)
    • "You stink" - Twitch
    • "Omnomnomnomnom" - Cho'Garth
    • "Gems are truly outrageous. They are truly, truly, truly outrageous." - TRULY FABULOUS Taric.
    • "Did I mention it's mating season?" - Nidalee
    ... and a heck of a lot more! Definitely worth listening to some if you play the game and have a bored half hour ahead of you.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I think we all know the Ace Attorney games are imminently quotable, but I think my favorite character may be the Judge. He was already pretty hilarious, but case 1-5 knocked it out of the park. After
    Spoiler:

There are also such lines as "I spent a whole day looking for my dentures. They turned out to be in my mouth all along." and the entire lead-up to him having the same type of breakdown usually reserved for suspects before declaring "Wait, I'm not the one on trail here!"

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I think we all know the Ace Attorney games are imminently quotable, but I think my favorite character may be the Judge. He was already pretty hilarious, but case 1-5 knocked it out of the park. After
    Spoiler:

There are also such lines as "I spent a whole day looking for my dentures. They turned out to be in my mouth all along." and the entire lead-up to him having the same type of breakdown usually reserved for suspects before declaring "Wait, I'm not the one on trail here!"

Oh man, the Judge. {XD} One of my favorite Judge quote's gotta be:

Franziska: Your Honor, were you derelict in your duties?
    Judge: No, I don't dare lick my duties, what kind of person do you take me for?!

Years
    'Listen to my story. This... may be our last chance.'
    -Tidus, Final Fantasy X
    While it has no real sentimental significance, this quote always struck home for me. I don't know whether it was because of that beautiful music that complimented it or what, but it brings a tear to my eye every time.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    People mention Ace without... "OBJECTION!"? =D
    Some people like to avoid overusage of the obvious.

Kid Icarus Uprising and Hotel Dusk have the best quotes. Better than Ace Attorney, even.
    This is probably the 11th thread of this topic so I'm not gonna bother quoting again.

[*]"Gems are truly outrageous. They are truly, truly, truly outrageous." - TRULY FABULOUS Taric.
    Is this a reference of what I think it is? If so, jesus christ.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Tidus: HA HA HA HA HA.
    Yuna: uh...ha.HA HA HA HA HA.
    Tidus & Yuna together: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
    hehe.

Back