• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Video Game Company/Developer/Publisher

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Crowbar Collective right now, followed by Valve closely.

While one is rather new to the battlefield, there one remake of one of the most famous games of all time was so good that it got them the the newest Source engine available, and the go to for selling the game on Steam.

Valve because they've never made a bad game. Ever. They made my favorite game universe, Half-Life, and are one of the most awesome studios for how active they can be in the community.

Years
    Square Enix/Soft - Lots of classic memorable JRPGS
    Level-5 - DARK CLOUD!
    CyberConnect2 - .//hack series
    Naughty Dogs - TLoU, Crash, Jax & Daxter, Uncharted

I only recently discovered Level-5 actually because of Ni no Kuni, and then realized that they're the same developers for the Professor Layton series as well! The latter of which I haven't played any game from yet, but I will once I have more time to spend gaming (: Those puzzle games look fun, and the critics have apparently thought so too. Also, the same situation with Naughty Dogs. Was never interested in any other studio, to be honest, other than Square Enix until I noticed that I should expand my library. Picked up The Last of Us, and have no regrets; they are an amazing studio, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can potentially do with the PS4.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    I only recently discovered Level-5 actually because of Ni no Kuni, and then realized that they're the same developers for the Professor Layton series as well! The latter of which I haven't played any game from yet, but I will once I have more time to spend gaming (: Those puzzle games look fun, and the critics have apparently thought so too. Also, the same situation with Naughty Dogs. Was never interested in any other studio, to be honest, other than Square Enix until I noticed that I should expand my library. Picked up The Last of Us, and have no regrets; they are an amazing studio, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can potentially do with the PS4.

Level-5 had some of the best JRPG's in the ps2 era. If your interested and you have ps2 here some of my favorite games from Level-5 in the ps2 era:
    Dark Cloud
    Dark Cloud 2
    Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
    Rogue Galaxy

PSP:
    Jeanne d'Arc

DS:
    Layton Series
    Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Ni no Kuni, was one of the favorite games on the ps3. Hopefully Level-5 can deliver some good rpgs on the ps4 (Dark Cloud 3 *wishes*). Naughty Dogs is one of my favorite western developers. TLoU really cemented them as one of the best developers in the West. I can't wait for TLoU Remaster on PS4 and Uncharted for PS4. They were able to push ps3 capabilities with TLoU, I have no doubts TLoU Remaster on PS4 will be graphically amazing.

Years
    Ni no Kuni, was one of the favorite games on the ps3. Hopefully Level-5 can deliver some good rpgs on the ps4 (Dark Cloud 3 *wishes*). Naughty Dogs is one of my favorite western developers. TLoU really cemented them as one of the best developers in the West. I can't wait for TLoU Remaster on PS4 and Uncharted for PS4. They were able to push ps3 capabilities with TLoU, I have no doubts TLoU Remaster on PS4 will be graphically amazing.

As tempting as TLoU on the PS4 sounds, I probably won't get it \: I'm fine with how the graphics are currently, but I wonder if they have any additional plans besides Uncharted 4, and that game-wise.

Level 5 also made Yokai Watch game xD

Btw... it's Naughty Dog, not Dogs.

Oops, typo. I know my studios, I swear XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    ... video game developers tend to be very inconsistent.
    Basically this. If I had to choose I'd say Nintendo because I've loved a lot of their games ranging from the expected like Pokémon and Mario, to the most interesting (though still entirely expected) titles like Kid Icarus, but countless developers have made games I love and they've equally made games I've hated including Nintendo, so I don't think it's logical to choose just one. It's a bit of a cop out answer I know, but it's the result of putting some thought into the question after I was blindly going to answer "Nintendo they made cute games yay". XD

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    The idea of having a favorite developer seems pretty silly to me.

I like to not have very high expectations, so I'd rather not have a favorite developer. Hell I don't even know who'd I'd call my favorite, since video game developers tend to be very inconsistent.

I like this line of thought, but I still have a favorite. Rareware from pre-MS days. That was a golden time for that company.

I also, in agreement with you, think devs tend to be hit or miss. Like, id Software had a lot of good games in the 90s, but now they aren't very relevant.

However, I still think the question is valid because it's like asking who your favorite author/director is. I tend to like Christopher Nolan's films, for example, and I absolutely detest Michael Bay. When it comes to devs, though, they're a group of people and so the quality (or lack thereof) seems to be less consistent, as you pointed out.

Finally, sometimes a game is developed by "Nintendo" but Nintendo has different studios within. The studio that develops Star Fox isn't the same one that develops Fire Emblem. Shigeru Miyamoto created Mario (I think) but I don't think he's involved in his games anymore.

Back