• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Gaming

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Pokémon games are obviously a popular choice for the users of this forum, but what about their 'rival' series Digimon? In my opinion the Digimon franchise has led to some of the most incredible video games out there, all stemming from that PSX classic 'Digimon World'. This game was truly innovative for its time offering a unique partner/evolution system, a fun and interactive goal with the huge capabilities to roam the world freely as you complete it in any order you want, a surprisingly addictive storyline, and some of the best hours of game play you'll ever have. Another favourite of mine from the Digimon franchise was the DS game Digimon World: Dusk, but I found the evolution system here a little disappointing as it became more and more obvious that you'd never get a Digimon you really wanted without countless hours of resetting or searching through FAQs to get it.

What are your favourite games from the Digimon franchise, and do you prefer them to their Pocket Monsters counterparts?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I really liked Digimon Card Battle and Digimon World. I definitely prefer the Digimon Card battle over the pokemon one and the Digimon world was way harder for me. Every time I trained something it digivolved into Sukamon or Numamon.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Those digimon games on the DS are suburb also Digimon World Re:Digitize is probably the best game on the PSP. I feel Digimon World Dawn Dusk DS etc. did exactly what Nintendo didn't and that was a good thing. I can't wait for what they have in store for the 3DS. I think Decode Re:digitize is coming to the 3DS and Vita but I'm not too sure about what else.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I've played Digimon World 2-4, DS, and Dawn. Dawn is a personal favourite of all the ones I've played since I put the most time into it, and I actually had a pretty great collection of Digimon, including ZeedMillenniummon who took way too long to get.

I'm actually interested in Re;Digitize, since it actually looks more akin to the first few Digimon Worlds. But, I don't really feel like hunting down a copy to import or pirate. I might import Cyber Sleuth though, since that definitely snatched my attention when seeing screenshots for it.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I remember having had a surprising amount of fun with the original Digimon World and... some Digimon-themed card battle game. It was probably called Digimon Card Battle, honestly, but I can't remember anymore. Jeez, I even remember liking some of the recolored Digimon, even if I thought some of their designs were boring because lol recolor.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I liked Digimon World, but the version my friend had was in Japanese and we had no internet at the time, so we didn't have a clue how to digivolve the monsters correctly and always ended up with stupid Numemons. Another thing that confused us is that the Digivolution paths weren't the same as in the anime, so Agumon wouldn't always end up as Greymon, and actually I think Gabumon can't turn into Garurumon in this game...

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    I played one digimon game on the GB. I don't remember what it was called but it was a bit like Mortal Kombat. It was pretty ok.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    Aaah Digimon World, the game where young 4-8 year olds had no idea what they were doing and ended up letting their beloved Agumon poop everywhere and then letting it get killed against every single thing and then it Digivolved into Bakemon. All the time.

In all seriousness though, I love Digimon and just wish that I could play it on a real Playstation... I have the DS Digimon World, but I didn't really find it as fun, it's also really difficult to get the 'mons you want, but at least it lists the requirements to get certain monsters, like 50000 aqua exp and level 58 and all this stuff.

I wouldn't mind a 3DS game if it was a lot more focused on the first Digimon World, rather than the Digimon World 3/2003 game....... :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    All the Digimon games I played were awesome. I liked the Digimon Rumble Arena 2 and Digimon World 4. Although RA2 was pretty easy to get every character and every stage, it was awesome having a Digimon game resembling to Super Smash and being able to Digivolve too :)

And Digimon World 4 was a great game aswell, it was pretty hard at first but all the concept and mechanics that were thought of for the game is really sweet. The usage of weapons instead of actual attacks were actually quite lame but I got used to it, would be better to have actual Digimon attacks than Petty Fire, Petty Ice and such :P

Years
    Only ever really played Digimon Rumble Arena for the PS1. Such a great game. It hasn't aged very well in my opinion but it will forever hold a place in my heart.

Years
    I personally enjoyed the Digimon DS games like Digimon World and Digimon Dusk/Dawn. I was sad to see them stop translating new ones to English though like the Digimon Xros Wars Blue/Red for DS. ):

The franchise is enjoyable, but I feel it needs even more recognition and some breakthrough among its competitors.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a huge fan of Digimon and have played a lot of its game, but unfortunately, though, don't remember much of my experience playing them. :( Only ones I do remember are Digimon World Dusk and Dawn. Have finished both of these versions, and enjoyed each and every one of its moments. If they were to release games like this for 3DS, I would buy them for sure. One thing I'd like to see in them is improved multiplayer; would've been really cool if they could make their online features more interactive, by allowing us to trade Digimon, battle against other players, do special missions together with your friends, and stuff like that. Plus, to have people be more aware of these games, maybe they could put some effort into creating television advertisements? It's been a while since I'd last seen any Digimon ads, haha.

Back