• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the best OH MY GOD!! moment in gaming?

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    What was your favorite moment in video gaming that really made a rush of horror and shock run through you?

For me, it was the Executioner in Kingdom Rush Frontiers. You know, at that point you realized he wasn't a boss battle, and you were going to see a lot of him.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    One of the final memos in Analogue: A Hate Story. I don't want to spoil it for anyone because the shock of reading it and not expecting it is what made it so unsettling, but there's more than one "big reveal" so spoiler:

Spoiler:

My blood ran cold and I had to take a break from the game because I thought I would be ill from how strongly it affected me. I know that it probably wasn't like that for everyone who saw that scene, but it hit me very, very hard.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Definitely Persona 4 Golden. When you get to the real crippling and serious moments of the game (I won't spoil for those that have never played). It gets really intense. I literally freaked out because I got to the serious part, and I ended up choosing the bad ending and losing the game. DX

Yukari

For me that would be in Ultima 7 The Black Gate. I'm going to put it in a spoiler though, since it's a spoiler. Not that anybody's played it though.

Spoiler:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    You guys know nothin'. The biggest "WTF?!?!?!?!?!?" moment in gaming history is in SW:KOTOR when-

forgot about spoilers.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Ecco the Dolphin in general, but especially the end of the game. That boss is still one of the most unsettling things ever. Especially when it kills you.

Years
    My biggest OMG moment would probably be Tales of The Abyss, when you are ten hours in....and that's all I will say in case no one has played it....;-;

TY

Turning a enemy in a Visceroid in C&C Renegade while standing 1 inch near it... It was so scary... you don't want to know what happened afterwards ;;

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
    Theres one part in Bioshock; Infinite that made me crap my pants and that's
    Spoiler:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Spoiler:

This. This is definitely one of mine.

I've played through it a few times now, but I forget about him every damn time. I always jump. D:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Encountering my first Giant Frostbite Spider in Skyrim. I jumped at the sight of one. I already hate regular Frostbite Spiders, why did they have to add a giant one? ;_;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The beginning of Jak II. Coming off of Jak and Daxter, we're used to Jak being a young mute character. We have never heard a peep from him other than "HAH HYUH YAH!" Whenever he's about to speak, Daxter interrupts or talks for him. So what is the first thing we hear from our hero in the next installment of the series? The first words spoken to us by our innocent hero from Sandover Village?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Kamiya's games like Bayonetta or The Wonderful 101 are full of WTF!? moments. Lot's of absurd epic for the body.

Talking about serious plot twist, I'll go with Vagrant Story... DO NOT OPEN IF YOU'VE NEVER PLAY THE GAME.

Spoiler:

Also, Xenogears... (SPOILER again):

Spoiler:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    My OMG moment was on Harvest Moon: A wnonderful Life (yup, I know!)
    I personally never went to the very end, but I saw it on Internet.

Spoiler:

Well, that's for me! (it is the first I can think of)

Years
    Spoiler:

Good god, I know! I did not see that coming, and it was just...there when you turned around >< It honestly almost had me crying from being scared.

Another moment was yesterday when I finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I originally thought the game was geared towards a younger audience because of the graphics, and the atmosphere that it seemingly portrayed through the official artwork, but apparently I was wrong...With my original perception of the game, it wasn't very hard to get me all bug-eyed at certain times; the ending especially...

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Spoiler:

That is one of mine as well. Plus it reminds me of one moment of the first BioShock game where
    Spoiler:

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    Ok, this was only a short omg, but it scared me nonetheless. It was during Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward...
    Spoiler:

Back