• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[IC]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

A Tale of Heroes​

The Legend
    *Not required to completely understand this Legend

Man has forever sought to seek more power. Since the beginning of mankind, there are those who follow, and those who lead. There was once a King named Arzun. His majesty ruled with an iron fist, separating society into an upper, middle and lower class. Increasing taxes, slavery of the poor, were just some of the methods he used to increase his power in the world. Limiting the teaching of magic to only those who could afford it, Arzun was able to create the country to his liking.

"Your highness, does nothing satisfy you? Even Royals in other countries envy you." A man asked. Arzun did not understand the meaning of the question. If there was still more power to be sought, then why would he not try to obtain it?

"Tell me…if we were at war, then would other countries hesitate to attack?" The King asked the man. The man didn't reply. "Of course not. They don't fear us. At least not yet." The King said. With that in mind, the King had an idea. What he needed was something to show that they were not to be messed with. Stricter laws would indeed enforce his power over the people, but that didn't help him with facing other countries.

"What do we need to be feared?" The man asked curiously. The King looked at the man, and gave a malicious smile. The King's intentions were to keep a weapon, capable of destroying entire armies.

"We need a Dragon." Yes, the King's idea was to capture the very essence of fear itself within nature. The man was shocked. Dragons were the rarest of beasts. Many people spend their entire lives without ever finding the elusive creature, let alone capture it. "We leave tonight." With that said, the King and his finest men packed their bags and headed to the wilderness.

~

After a month of travelling, the gruelling sun was beating down on the men and their bodies were taking a toll. Out of the fifty, twenty men were gone. Some done in by wild animals, others suffering from natural causes. "Your highness…we need to go back. The more we stay out, the more men we will lose." The man said, throat dry. The King hesitated, looking in front of them.

"This is it. It has to be. The Dragon's Nest". The men stared into a pit filled with webs and the stench of rotting flesh. Carcasses were scattered about, torn limb by limb. Without word, the men climbed down the pit, eventually retreating from the surface of the upper world down to the foreign cave. "We're almost there." The men reached the bottom of the pit, with a loud growl rushing through the caverns bringing along a lingering odor.

"I think…that's the-" The man was cut off, as a loud screech hissed through the cave, enough to make a man's ear bleed. They were soon faced with a pair of red eyes, glowing within the darkness of the caverns.

Current Events

The World has entered the Third Era. Currently in the midst of a Civil War between the regions of Kale and Grandora, Salos is not exactly the most stable country. Diaz, the King of Grandora has begun his reign of terror on the country. In an effort to attain more power, he has taken control of Kale's regions to create his own empire, creating his new title of Emperor Diaz. His actions have caused many rebellion groups to arise within the nation, trying to put an end to his takeovers. The aftermath of many battles have left places desolated, slums even. Although there are still many 'neutral zones', or rather places that have not been affected by the war, travellers should be weary of venturing into dangerous territory.

Along with the creation of rebellion groups, several industries have been booming. The mining industry has brought in money for thousands of businessman, with people looking for jobs after losing their previous ones. Farms have been doing slightly more poor in the country ever since the start of the war, with less crops being available with each passing year the war goes on. However, a lot of criminal and gang activity has been reported around the country, filled with people who instead of working, steal, kill and do other criminal activities for money. Diaz however, is one step ahead of them.

One of Diaz's most famous plans, is implementing the Galvez Prison facility for criminals, murderers, as well as rebellion groups and those who oppose Diaz's ideals. The prison is a hell-on earth located in the mountains North-West of Kale. Although nobody is sure what goes on in there, it's evident the prisoners are somehow dealt with, seeing as how nobody has ever come out. Under constant watch, nobody can get in either without permission or approval of access. Now only time can tell how this war will be played out, and how it ends.

The RP Itself
    headertitle_zpsbea6905c.jpg

So then, welcome to revamp of 'A Tale of Heroes', now with fancy CSS! We didn't get very far last time, so let's make it to the end this time, I really want to see this RP completed. This RP is going to be a nice, long RP, with lots of interactions. In fact, I will have to split it up into multiple parts, because the storyline is going to change suddenly, and the because there will be so much going on. Part one is going to be called: Reign of Diaz. So, once this is completed, expect sequels. But don't worry, the first part itself will be as long as a regular RP (hopefully it will last that long, trust me it gets tense near the end). This is not sandbox, although there will be many times where you will be able to wander around a town and whatnot, hang out with other characters, eat, etc. For the majority of this RP, we will be travelling as a group. Also, a little side note. If you want to create a side arc let me know and we'll sort something out.​

The Setting & Your Character​

First off, this is an original RP, which means it's not an existing franchise. The time period is not exact (there will be times when it will be slightly more outdated/rustic, and times when it will be slightly more modern.), but I guess the closest I can say would be Skyrim-esque, maybe even SAO-esque as well(or some other fantasy-style RPG/JRPG if you can think of one), but slightly more 'updated'. For example, some guns are allowed as weapons in this RP, as long as they make sense, and it isn't a machine gun or something (make sure you go by me first before making a gun, this is an absolute MUST). Also, instead of actual bullets, the guns will be using the user's mana as ammo. Swords and bows and whatnot are okay as well. World-wise, I have made a map of the country which will be updated as the RP progresses (see the OOC thread for more details).

At the start of the RP, the characters will currently be already in Galvez Prison for whatever reason that may be. You don't have to explain this in your character history, but you can if you wish. It will be there that we all meet and greet and find a way out of the prison. The story builds onwards from there, and falls a lot on the shoulders of the characters. Your character should be affected by the war somehow (doesn't have to that major). They shouldn't be too experienced with fighting or using magic, as there is plenty of time to do that throughout the RP.

Note: If you are wondering what the legend has to do with the RP, it is there because there will be several references to it throughout the RP, and plays a huge role later on. Your character doesn't have to be familiar with the legend at all.

Elements​

There are seven elements in total. Elements are essentially the type of an individual's attacks and magic. Everyone has an element, although not all can use magic (your characters will be able to use magic). Magic of someone's own element will be stronger. However, some of your other magic of a different element may be weaker and harder to learn. Essentially magic of your element is easier to learn, and magic of resisting element is harder. Here are the elements:

elemental_chart_by_pokecasthq-d6xmmn7.png

Fire: Is good against Lightning/ Weak against Water
    Water: Is good against Fire/Weak against Lightning
    Wind: Is good against Earth/ Weak against Earth
    Earth: Is good against Wind/Weak against Wind
    Lightning: Is good against Water/Weak against Fire
    Light: is good against Dark/Weak against Dark
    Dark: Is good against Light/Weak against Light

Magic​

What's an RPG without magic? Magic has many uses rather than just attacking. The amount of magic spells created is nearly limitless. Magic can be learned by either practicing, learned from others, or created by one's self through extensive research and trial and error. They can range from simple attacks, healing spells, shields, etc. Mana is the energy needed to perform Magic. The amount of Mana depends on the person. Some people naturally have larger reserves of Mana, and others do not. The main way of increasing Mana is through training, frequency of usage, and the most common way is just by waiting, as time naturally lets your body increase reserves of mana. There are also items that may increase mana reserves or regeneration.

Note: Any sort of magic regarding the usage of bringing back the dead is off limits. Healing magic is mainly going to be within the elements of Water or Light, but if you can provide a good reason for it being of a different element go ahead.

NPCs

Spoiler:

Rules:

• All forum rules apply
    • No bunnying/God-modding. Please, just don't do it. If you don't know what that means let me know.
    • Please post as frequently as you can. This is one of those RPs that is fun if you keep up.
    • If you plan being away for a while, please let me know ahead of time. I cannot stress this enough.
    • Swearing is allowed since this is rated 'M'. Please don't abuse this.
    • Romance/Sexual stuff I have no problems with, as long as you are not too explicit. Make sure you're not writing a new fifty shades of grey.
    • Seeing as how this is rated 'M', expect blood. It probably won't be to the extent of horror movies or anything, but expect violence.
    • Please be realistic when there is fighting. I know there's magic and whatnot, so that doesn't really apply, but if your character gets punched in the face, act like they actually did get punched rather than take it like it was nothing.

Current Players (One Spot Open)/(Click Here for OOC Thread):
    Spoiler:

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus Callum

cavecopy_zps12a294fa.png

"Do you, or do you not admit to your participation within the rebellion group?" A shadow loomed over Artus, creeping towards him and then smacking him on the side of the head with end of a blunt stick. Hissing in pain, coughing out specks of blood, Artus didn't respond to the soldier's question. Degenerate beings they were. Wise thing would be to avoid conflict with them, but in Artus' case, it was entirely their fault. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it was better off saying nothing, than to say he did something that he didn't do. Artus looked down and frowned. This wasn't going the way it was supposed to, not at all. One minute he's fleeing a raided village, and then next he's being framed for criminal activity. He sniffled a little bit, and rubbed his handcuffed hands on his knees. He sat there, kneeling, feeling worthless. "This guy's not answering, what do we do with him?" A soldier asked another, who bent down to get eye level with Artus.

"Just put him on the route to Galvez Prison. Attacking a soldier is still considered an offense, and indirectly showing his disloyalty to the Emperor. Sure things may be different if he was on the western side of the country, but he's in Emperor Diaz's territory right now." The soldier gave Artus a few dirty looks, before standing up again.

"Sir…Galvez Prison…it's quite a ways away. It's much farther west, almost near Kale's region. It'll take forever to get there." The soldier pointed at Artus. "And we are not allowed to kill him without permission."

"We'll take him back to the post, and put him in the carriage with the rest of those deviants on the way to the prison. Regular jail just won't cut it for these kind of people." Artus slowly looked up as his eyes widened. Prison? He couldn't go to prison. Not Galvez especially.

"W-Wait! P-Please, I'm telling you! I wasn't doing anything – " His voice was cut short with another quick swing at his head with the end of a spear, smacking him right to the ground, blacking him out.​

~​

Oh god…what a dream… Artus moaned, rubbing his head. He lay on the rocky, yet dirty ground staring up at what seemed to be the ceiling hidden in darkness. His eyes were unusually crusty, and with the added darkness, made it really hard to adjust. Massaging his eyes open, he was finally able to see and observe his surroundings. What…is this place? He sat upright, looking around. He was in a dark, cave like room with several torches mounted on the wall. Each one had writing engraved on the handle, which must have let it burn for extended periods of time. "What the – " He muttered to himself, as he tried to stand up, nearly stumbling. He looked straight ahead, and simply saw that the cavern narrowed slightly into an extremely dark corridor, which Artus thought likely led around the caverns he was currently in. He looked upwards, and only saw darkness. No cave structures dangling down or anything of the sort. Just pure black.

Taking a few deep breaths, Artus began to panic a little, heartbeat racing. He had no clue where he was, and the last thing he remembered was meeting a bunch of soldiers from – Wait. Those guys said they were taking me to..Galvez Prison? Artus stood in fear as a pain in his stomach made him want to vomit. He gulped, and erratically looked around the cave room for nothing in particular. Maybe a clue, maybe some markings. Anything to get him out. He then stopped as he saw a figure, lying down in the corner of the room, nearly covered in darkness with only the bare minimum of light from the torches illuminating a soft silhouette around the figure. "H-Hey, wake up!" Artus jogged over to the person lying down, gently but effectively shaking them out of their slumber.

Last edited:

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Lucifer Otensia
    ___
    A small figure could be seen laughing as the world around him shifted and changed colors in a strange way. Then the world changed once more into a field and Lucifer was seen sitting in a very nice chair and across from him was a stuffed doll. "Hello my dear Alice how are you? I haven't seen you in quite a bit." Lucifer spoke playfully with a grin on his face as he sipped some tea. This was his dear friend Alice, well she wasn't real but she was fun to be around. "You should bloody the place up more Luci." The doll replied surprisingly or maybe unsurprisingly if one was to think of this place as what it actually was, Wonderland! No realistically it was simply Lucifer's mind-scape but it could be Wonderland if you squinted really hard for a minute or two. A tingle at the back of his head made Lucifer put his cup down as his robe like shirt with its large sleeves billowed as wind began to blow.

"My dear Alice it seems we've been cut short heheeehee it seems someone is waking me up." Lucifer giggled at the thought of such a thing. He had dismembered someone by reflex when he was woken up after his awakening all those years ago. Now however he had trained really hard so it would rarely happen....maybe. "Aww Luci come back soon okay." The cute doll that existed in his mind said as it pouted looking at Lucifer. Neither of them know how the doll came into existence but they both enjoyed each others company all the same. As the wind blew harder Lucifer's form began to slowly disperse into red glitter like substance. "Don't worry Alice I'll be back eventually until then why don't you adventure in Wonderland for a bit, I added new things." Lucifer spoke with a Cheshire like grin as he finally faded away completely into consciousness. "Yay! New things to see!." The doll named Alice zoomed off to adventure in what was her best friend's mind.

Blinking his crimson eyes once as he took in his surroundings it was dank, dark, so it must be some underground type cave thingie, that villains stereotypically have. Why were systems like this so stereotypical Lucifer was very tempted to build an underground cave that was so much better. Looking over at the person who was shaking him he grinned somewhat and flipped to his feet which were currently bare. Well it wasn't like he wore socks or anything his body was way to durable probably due to whatever change it went under but it was not important to be honest. All he knew was that it was quite funny to see peoples attempts to harm him fail, well he could still be hurt it's just you can't really do that easily to someone who is absurdly strong, but now his thoughts were rambling for some reason or another so he focused in on the person who had woken him.

He had heard they were putting someone else in here so this had to be his jail mate, even though he hadn't been in the jail for too long really, but it was exciting to see someone new nonetheless. Looking at him he committed his features to memory and labeled him the strong working type as he gained as he began to speak. "Hiya buddy what's your name, my name is Lucifer, why are you in this fun prison, did you do something, you probably did didn't you, oh well it's expected I mean I let myself get taken this place looks fun." Lucifer spouted a variety of questions very fast as he gained a look of interest that only a mad person could.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers, Treason Wing
    Langdon von Luce​

"I swear I will find you. You who cursed my right eye with Dark magic. No one does that to a Paladin and gets away with it. Especially if said Paladin is the son of Lord von Luce. No matter where you run, no matter where you hide, you will be found. All Dark magic should be and made illegal. My father will hear about this atrocity. So swears I, Paladin Langdon von Luce!"

---
    Langdon woke up and scratched his head and felt that his eyepatch was still covering his blind right eye. He then thought to himself, I had that dream again. It is either that dream or the dream about getting charged with treason for killing those Dark magic using prisoners. He then took a minute to survey his cell. He noticed that it was dark, damp, and smelled quite funny. He then said, "I would be sent to this part of Galvez Prison. After all, this is where they send those to await being executed. How many days has it been since I was sent here? Makes sense there would be no burning torches here. They want those that are charged with treason to be quite uncomfortable. The smell and the dampness I can deal with. The darkness sure is annoying."

He then noticed that it looked like he was not alone like he originally had thought. He looked in the direction of the lumpy shape he had not noticed before now. He then thought to himself, If that is another person, I don't know if they are alive or dead. If it is a Dark magic user, I prefer them dead instead of alive. Only one way for me to find out. He then grabbed an oddly shaped and damp bone that was nearby and said to the lumpy shape, "If you are alive, please let me know before I decide to prod you with a bone. If you are a Dark magic user, don't move a muscle. That way, you can be finished off." He then slowly walked over to the lumpy shape while holding the bone.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers, Treason Wing
    Trace Leon

Laying limp on the floor, Trace was silent and quiet, to most people he would appear dead. He kept his eyes closed going over the scene in his head the same scene over and over again of him running from the war when he was little. He heard footsteps walking over to him as he stayed still waiting till the got closer and then he peeked an eye open, "Ooouuuhhh a scary man with a bone!" Trace said dramaticlly poking fun at the stranger before him. "I'd put that bone away if I where you. It's never good to creep up into an unsuspecting person like that, whom you don't know. You never know who you could run into." he said, this time in a much more serious manner as he stood up calmly and brushed him self off. "So my bone wielding-friend do you have a name?" asking as he secretly started to scout out his surroundings and judge weither than man before him could be trusted.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus & Lucifer

"Hiya buddy what's your name, my name is Lucifer, why are you in this fun prison, did you do something, you probably did didn't you, oh well it's expected I mean I let myself get taken this place looks fun." Artus stopped nudging him with his arm, as soon as the man started to spew out a bunch of questions, all which happened to give Artus a rather confused look, before finally processing what he had just said. Getting up, Artus rubbed his forehead. Oh god, this cannot be happening...

"Yeah, hi, I'm Artus." Looking at the young man, Artus answered in a tone as if he was in a hurry. "It's not important how I got in here, obviously I did something wrong." He looked around the cavern room trying to see if he could find anything, whilst talking to his newly met prison inmate known as Lucifer. "What's important is how we get out of here." If there is a way out... Artus bit his lip nervously, thinking about his current situation, but quickly snapped back to reality. He looked at Lucifer, slightly creeped out by his crimson eyes. "And why the hell would you think this would be fun?" It was obviously a rhetorical question, as Artus honestly couldn't give 2 sh*ts about why the creep was in here in the first place. Artus walked towards a nearby torch, observing it, until he finally grabbed it by the mount and pulled it off the cave wall. He held it in his hand, looking down the dark corridor in front of the duo. As much as Artus wanted to venture out and find an escape, admittedly, he was scared. And although Lucifer wouldn't have been his first choice as a companion, it would be better than nobody. He pointed the torch at Lucifer.

"T-Tell me though...you're not going...to hurt me, are you? I mean, w-we're mutual, right?" Normally Artus was fine with strangers, but in this case, as much as wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, it was incredibly hard. He was fairly certain that he could take Lucifer on easily if it came down to it, but what worried Artus the most was if he possessed any magical abilities. He stood there, looking at Lucifer, in an emotionless expression, and at the same time ready in case he did something underhanded.

((OOC: Artus doesn't know yet that magic has been rendered unusable in the underground chambers.))

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Shrek Stendarr
    Galvez Prison
    Prison...Yay...

This is an interesting cave. I wonder how many crystals there are. It's quite beautiful down here. Is that a bat I see in the corner? Shrek sat casually in the corner, taking in the surroundings of the cell. They say you should enjoy the little things. He looked around and noticed the small man lying on the floor. But I believe sometimes that the small things should enjoy some things. He pondered waking the tiny man up. He had been sleeping for a long time, and it's quite possible to get too much sleep. Shrek had to learn that the hard way. I wonder how long I've been down here? It's certainly been at least an hour...Or maybe not. Who knows how long? I might have to ask the guards when I leave...I wonder when they'll let me leave. Dozens of questions began to flow through Shrek's curious mind. I wonder who that little man is...I bet he's uncomfortable. We better leave. He might not like it down here as much as I do.

He sighed and stood up slowly. Lots of people would be uncomfortable after being on a rocky floor for a few hours, but Shrek was unbothered. He had slept in many a cave without his handy dandy backpack, and this one was no different. He approached the small man and stared down at him. He looks quite peaceful...I wonder what he did to make the king mad. He must've done something pretty dumb, if I got in trouble for camping in MY forest. Shrek reached his hand down and poked the man on the shoulder lightly, taking care not to hurt the man's shoulder, for he was tiny. "Excuse me? Sir? Sir? Are you awake?" Without pausing, he went on to introduce himself. "I'm Shrek. We need to leave here. I don't like it. There aren't any trees or animals, and I've lost my backpack. I need it back so I can go home and guard the forest." He began to walk towards a small exit in the room that was lit by torches. "I bet we go this way when we leave. We could probably leave when we want to, right?" Unsure if the man was up yet, Shrek just kept talking. "There couldn't be a long punishment for camping!'

Lucifer-san

Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Lucifer & Arty
    ____________________________________________________________________________

As the torch's glow shone upon his eyes the flame mirrored in his eyes made his eyes even more ominous and a chesire grin stretched across his face. Lucifer, while he couldn't read minds or anything, was very much the empathic and could read, no feel, emotions somewhat besides being able to read body language. It was just another of those things that he contributed to being not at all sane. Looking at Artus' body language he could tell that he was somewhat nervous which was funny. It wasn't like he was looking at someone who was potentially dangerous, oh wait he totally was hehehehehe.

Lucifer giggled madly to himself as he soon twirled about and began to speak to Artus. "Oh I don't know~ maybe I will maybe I won't." Lucifer spoke eerily as he twirled about and made strange movements until he suddenly stopped. "But I guess we're fine for now at least as long as nothing comes up later my new friend Artus." He said as he stopped in front of Artus with his index finger pointed towards him. "So now that, that is cleared up what to do now hmmm.."

He tapped a finger against his chin for a second before he pounded his fist in his palm. "Oh yes I would presume Arty that you would want to escape this place am I right, I mean people like you just can't understand the funniness in the world." He spoke amused and muttering the last part to himself, he knew that he was different from others so his view of the world was quite distorted but that made it all the more interesting. "So where was I again oh yeah, so what do you want to do now Arty?" Lucifer asked as he stood waiting for a response.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    f3a05f9d-4f12-4430-a83c-f4606c3f96ee_zps689a3275.png
    Nel Aden - Galvez Prison

It was with a quiet groan that Nel Aden slowly began to come to. Her eyes fluttered opened, the sights of an area most unfamiliar to her coming into view. Slowly, the girl sat up and rubbed the back of her head. Nel was probably sure that this may have just been the worst headache she had ever had in her 19 years of existence. Climbing to her feet, Nel began to take a better look at her surroundings. The room she was in was poorly lit. The floor was made of a crude rock of sorts, and it was decorated with chains, skeletons, spiders, and other such unpleasant things.

"Whoever decorated this place needs a lesson or two in interior design..." Nel muttered. Shaking her head with a sigh, the crossed her arms over her chest. "Well, regardless... Judging from how lovely this setting is, I guess I'm in prison or something of the sort. That's sort of a downer on itself. I can already hear my old man going, 'I told you so... blah, blah...' Well, unless I figure out a way to get out of here... I'm sure that someone with a quick wit like mine can easily handle that! A few quick shots of my arrows, and..."

She paused, glancing down at her wrists for the first time. A small frown grew to grace the girl's lips, noticing that something very important was missing from her person... her crossbows. That was going to make fighting her way out very hard... or rather, down right impossible. Still, Nel knew she could manage. All she had to do was use something to her advantage.

"Or maybe... Someone," she said with a grin.

Nel made her way across the room a bit, coming up to a boy who looked to be her age in various white robes. He looked to be rather out of it at the moment, as made evident by his calm breathing. The girl could not help, but wonder how in the world someone was managing to sleep on a floor like this. Reaching out with her foot, Nel began to shake the boy rather roughly.

"Yo... Wake up, already!" she called out.​

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Prison, Treason Wing
    Langdon von Luce​

Langdon put down the bone he was holding. He then decided to reply to the man. He said, "I am Langdon von Luce, ex-Paladin of the Grandora Army. I am from the city of Licht. My father is Lord von Luce. I am able to use greatswords and Light magic."

He then decided to look around the dark, damp, and funny smelling cavern once more to see if he could find a way out. As he was doing so, he thought to himself, I wonder if that guy can be trusted. I don't know anything about him except that he was imprisoned here. I should probably ask who he is. That would be the right thing to do. He then asked the man, "Who are you and are you friend or foe?"

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Timothy "Tim" Wolfe
    Galvez Prison

Tim lay on the floor sleeping peacefully. Or as peacefully as one could when you were lying on the cold hard ground. Then he was suddenly awoken by someone shaking and yelling at him. The sudden gesture startled the young mage so much, his eyes bolted open, and he let out a high pitched scream. "AHHH!" He really hated being rudely awoken, and he isn't in a good mood when that happens. He hadn't slept well at all, and his head was hurting a lot. The last thing he needed was someone shaking him so roughly. Alright! Alright! Jeez, I'm up already! He thought to himself

Once the shaking had stopped, he sat up, stretched his arms, and yawned loudly. Now that things had calmed down, he finally got a chance to look at his surroundings, and his grumpiness at being woken up so suddenly was replaced with confusion. He was in a dark, and dusty place that looked like some sort of prison. It was decorated with skeletons, chains, and other creepy things that made the boy cringe. "How the heck did I get here?" He tried to think what happened, but the last thing he rembered was a bunch of soldiers invading his island home, and one of them taking him hostage, and throwing him on the back of a cart. Everything else after that was a blur, and it made Tim's head hurt even more trying to think about it. What was worse, was that he was missing his staff, and all the contents of his bag were missing. Whoever put him in this awful place must have taken it so he wouldn't get out. Who the heck would want to keep me here? I didn't do anything wrong... Did I upset somebody important and not know it? I hope not...

As his eyes got more adjusted to the darkness, he was finally able to get a better look at the person shaking him, and Tim felt his face flush when he saw her. The girl looked like she was close to his age, was obviously taller than him, and had on a rather revealing outfit. The boy wasn't used to seeing another female wear something like that. "Um... uh... I-I-I'm Tim... eh..." He stammered nervously. Keeping gaze his down, as he rose to his feet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus & Lucifer

"Oh I don't know...maybe I will maybe I won't." Artus arched an eyebrow as Lucifer twirled about while speaking. It was obvious that he was a nutcase, although that just made Artus a little more weary of him. "But I guess we're fine for now at least as long as nothing comes up later, my new friend Artus." He twirled about, stopping in front of Artus and then proceeding to point his finger at him. His yes were even more noticeable against the glow of the torch. "So now that is cleared up what to do now hmmm.." He pondered for a few moments, until smacking his fist into his palm once an idea popped into his head. "Oh yes I would presume Arty that you would want to escape this place am I right, I mean people like you just can't understand the funniness in the world." He stopped for a brief moment, to what seemed to be thinking to himself. Artus gave himself a mental facepalm. No longer was he concerned that Lucifer would hurt him, but he still wasn't happy with his 'friend' being an absolute nutjob. "So where was I again oh yeah, so what do you want to do now Arty?" He asked, looking at Artus for a Response.

"Well, Lucifer, I say we head down there." He pointed the torch at the dark corridor ahead. "I want to try and see if I can find anything that may aid in my escape." Artus spoke, while looking at ahead in the darkness. Walking towards it, he continued to talk. "Alright, It's gonna get dark, make sure you stay alert." As Artus stepped into the darkness of the corridor, he felt a chill go down his spine. No longer was this regular darkness. Any simpleton could tell something was not right in the air. "Luci, make sure you stay near me. Wouldn't want you to get scared of the dark, would we?" Artus chuckled to himself a little bit, hoping to add his own little joke to compete with Lucifer's 'abnormal' personality. As he started to walk through the corridor, the only light came from the fiery glow in Artus' hand. Barely illuminating the cave within a small radius, Artus figured it was better than nothing. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on Lucifer though...this guy looks unpredictable.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Nel Aden - Galvez Prison

"Great... I find some guy who blushes at the sight of a woman. I mean, not that I can blame him. I am pretty damn good to look at, but now really ain't the time to be dealing with that..."

Nel sighed rubbing the back of her head in disgust. Okay, so things were going to be a bit bumpy from the get go. She gave the boy a once over, the fact that he was so jumpy and nervous around her probably meant that he was not exactly much of a courageous and daring hero. Having someone like that following her around could prove to be more than a slight hindrance in terms of progression. She looked at the boy once more, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"Then again, if worse comes to worse I could use him as bait to help make my own escape from this dump... After all, it'd be better if you rotted away here than me, that much is for sure."

"Mark, huh?" Nel replied, after what seemed like an unnecessary amount of silence. "Well, I'm Nel.. Nel Aden. And it's your lucky day, because you and me are gonna bust out of this joint!"

Without waiting, the girl spun around on her heel and started walking forward. She knew that this was not going to be an easy plan. If she had her crossbows, it would just be a matter of shooting her way out of the prison. However, now it was time for Nel to rely on her skills as a thief to sneak about and worm her way through these dark depths... She stopped for a moment, glancing over her shoulder at the boy behind her.

"Are you coming or not?" she snapped.​

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years

• Aciano Nakamura

Stuck in Galvez Prison

Where was he right now? All he knew was that the floor under him was cold and rocky. And that someone was babbling in his ears. And he absolutely hated that. How could someone talk so much and how did they end up together? No one in the crew was such an avid talker. Then he remembered! He had been caught and sent to a prison. Then who the hell is talking into my ears?! He was so angry that he stood up in an heartbeat, he hated being forced to wake up and even more when it was caused by a person talking a lot.

He looked up to find himself standing in face of a tall and bulky man. "Excuse me? Sir? Sir? Are you awake?" Without pausing, he went on to introduce himself. "I'm Shrek. We need to leave here. I don't like it. There aren't any trees or animals, and I've lost my backpack. I need it back so I can go home and guard the forest." What the hell is wrong with this guy? Yet he didn't stop talking, guess he could never shut up. "I bet we go this way when we leave. We could probably leave when we want to, right? There couldn't be a long punishment for camping!"

"Camping? What the hell man! Do you even know where you are right now?"

He didn't care whether the man would take it well or not. All that was on his mind was to escape this place as fast as he could. And for that he didn't know if he could count on that idiotic guy. Maybe just for some additional brute strength seeing as he was quite bulky. But dear god, I won't endure this babbling for long. He turned to his "companion", still obviously mad.

"I dunno for you but I'm gonna get out of here. If you wanna tag along then fine, but no more of this talking. It's annoying."

Lucifer-san

Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Lucifer & Arty
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Giggling madly to himself as Arty led them down the corridor away from the cell that was left oddly defenseless he took in the corridor around them. He spied bones and other miscellaneous items as his red eyes darted back and forth, here and there just committing his surroundings to memory. "Alright, it's gonna get dark, make sure you stay alert. " He giggled a bit before speaking up a bit. "Aye aye sir!" he said giving a mock salute as they continued into the darkness, he skipped along his long wide sleeves somehow not making a sound as they whooshed about. The darkness was most certainly not normal any random person could tell just by the feel of it.

"Luci, make sure you stay near me. Wouldn't want you to get scared of the dark, would we?" Oh so it seemed Arty wanted to play with him, well that was fun most of his toys broke so a new one was appreciated. Giggling madly to himself once more he spoke up. "Oh no, I don't fear the dark, very much the opposite I love the abyss and all such things." If one were to look into his eyes as he spoke they could see the pure madness that they held as he spoke. "You should be careful though Arty, stare too long into the abyss and its gaze might bore into you as well." He spoke amused as they continued forth into the darkness, skipping along he picked up random fragments of bone that he passed by and stored them in his sleeves. They were good for hiding things like that, and it was always good to have some type of hidden item.

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Timothy "Tim" Wolfe
    Galvez Prison

"Mark, huh?" Nel replied, after a long awkward silence, "Well, I'm Nel.. Nel Aden. And it's your lucky day, because you and me are gonna bust out of this joint!"

"Um...it's Tim... Tim Wolfe" The young mage muttered when Nel got his name wrong. He didn't actually say it loud enough for her to hear. Where did she even get Mark from? Tim had an uncomfortable feeling about this girl. He knew better than to judge people by the way they looked, but he still felt anxious being around her. Great, I get stuck in prison with a bully. This just keeps getting better and better... Tim shut his eyes, and took several deep breaths before opening his eyes again. He tried to put on a brave face, which wasn't that different from his normal face.

As Nel turned around, Tim looked around, and studied his surroundings. He was in a dark, cave like room with several torches mounted on the wall. Each one had writing engraved on the handle, which must have let it burn for extended periods of time. He looked straight ahead, and up above, and the only thing he could see was more darkness. No Stalactites dangling down from the cieling, no light from outside filtering into the cave, or anything. Just pitch darkness as far as the eye could see. Nel said she was going to help him bust out, but he had to wonder just how she was going to do that, when there didn't seem to be any kind of opening or anything. The only place they could possibly go, was the extremely dark corridor up ahead. Which Tim thought likely led into even darker caverns.

He wasn't sure what it was, but something felt wrong about this place. He took one of his gloves off, put his hand on the wall, and focused on channelling his mana to freeze that part of the wall. Not that it would aid in their escape or anything, but it was worth a shot. Maybe he could find some shortcut out of here. Unfortunately for Tim, nothing was happening no matter how much he tried to focus on his mana. No way! It's not working... I've never had this problem before. There must be something here that prevents magic from working. Whoever put us here has thought of everything to keep us in!

As Tim put his glove back on, his thoughts were suddenly interupted when Nel suddenly snapped. "Are you coming or not?!"

Tim jumped up and squealed. "GAH!" Then ran over to where she was after he calmed down a bit. "Oh...um... coming!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus & Lucifer

"Oh no, I don't fear the dark, very much the opposite I love the abyss and all such things." Artus glanced over his shoulder to see Lucifer following close behind. Somehow, it didn't surprise him that the young man felt welcomed by the darkness. "You should be careful though Arty, stare too long into the abyss and its gaze might bore into you as well." These words sunk into Artus' head. Usually random words of advice would have gone by ignored, but something...just something about those words that Artus couldn't pinpoint made them stick into his head. He shook it off, not wanting to make anymore conversation with his nut of a 'friend'. The duo continued to walk down the bleak tunnels of the prison, with small fungi sprouting alongside the walls and ground, giving off a soft glow, barely adding to the illumination already created by the torch in Artus' hand. They continued to walk a while longer, Artus giving glances behind his shoulder every so often to make sure Lucifer was still there, and to keep caution.

"Hey Luci," Artus finally said. There was a question that lingered in the back of his mind, and as much as Artus didn't want to know the answer, a part of him wanted to know what really turned those gears inside of him. "There's been something I've been wanting to ask. Let me know if it's too personal though, I don't want - " Artus suddenly stopped talking, as he bumped into a shorter figure right in front of him. Obviously walking and talking at the same time was not one Artus' strong suits. "Hey, what the heck?!" Artus shouted as he stepped back and held out the torch to see what he bumped into. The torch illuminated and revealed an older man, about the same height as Lucifer, dressed in tattered brown robes. He had short brown hair and his face was covered in dirt. He had a look of horror on his face, but it quickly turned to a sort of expression of relief. As if he was happy to see Artus and Lucifer. Artus looked at the man, and immediately felt a pain in his stomach. They had found another prisoner.

"Please, help me! There's some guy chasing after me!" The old man plead for help, looking frantically at both Lucifer and Artus. He ran behind Artus, and pointed straight ahead into the darkness. Waiting a few seconds, Artus didn't see anything beyond the ordinary.

"There's nothing there -" Speaking too soon, his sentence was cut-off, this time by the grunt of an stocky bald man. He jumped out of the darkness, and swung at both Artus and the old man hiding behind him, with a sharp rock in his hand. Startled, Artus swung the torch to keep the hostile prisoner at bay, while stepping back. Passing the torch off to the old man, Artus put up his fists and looked at the prisoner, who begun another charge at him. What's going on?! Artus gave a confused expression as he dodged a swing, and then using his exactly zero knowledge of combat, threw a random punch at the prisoner. Artus shut his eyes, until he felt a hard surface connect with his fist. Opening his eyes, he saw the prisoner step back while clutching the side of his head, bleeding from the nose. "Luci, help me out here!" Artus was no murderer, and he was hoping Lucifer was the same. The least they could do was knock him out...hopefully.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Shek Stendarr
    Galvez Prison
    Leading Mr. Grouchy Pants

Shrek was made aware that the short man was awake. "Camping? What the hell man! Do you even know where you are right now?" To be honest, Shrek didn't. One minute he was beating the face of a soldier in the next he was being carted off to Forest knows where. Perhaps he had been taken to a special underground camping trip! Yes! The king must've rewarded him for defeating his strongest warriors. "I dunno for you but I'm gonna get out of here. If you wanna tag along then fine, but no more of this talking. It's annoying."

Shrek frowned at the man's grumpiness. Must he be so rude? I was only wanting to know if he wanted to leave or not. "I'm sorry for the talking, but I must be frank, you're quite grumpy." He crossed his muscular arms and began to walk towards the one exit in the room. "I cannot help it that I like to know things, and I cannot help it that you do NOT like to learn things." He grabbed a torch from a nearby sconce and shone it around the room. It seemed like the corridor ahead lead into a straight, black hallway. "Well, if you want to leave, I suggest we go this way." With that, the stocky man began to make his way down the hallway. His callused, leathery feet padded softly on the rocky ground, the patters echoing slightly throughout the hall."

The short man seemed to be crankier than the average bear, and Shrek had seen a few bears in his time. In order to avoid angering the man even further, Shrek just continued walking, hoping not to step on any bones or spiders or something yucky.

Lucifer-san

Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Lucifer & Arty
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

As they walked along, with him taking in his surroundings and Artus taking looks back at him every now and then as they tried to find some way out, a wide grin was displayed across his face. He knew Arty would take those last words to heart, or at least keep them in the back of his mind, it really was good advise for someone like Arty. The Abyss was something that monsters dwelled in and to understand such a thing you had to become a monster yourself, at least most of the time. There were those who made it intact but even they had some problems, but oh well it wasn't something he would dwell upon. It seemed Arty didn't want to keep up the conversation with him, probably because he didn't get his amazing sense of humor. Silly Arty it's not like I'm a bad influence or anything he thought to himself as they continued onward to...somewhere. As he skipped along behind his newest friend it seemed that Arty finally wished to make some conversation as he began to speak.

"Hey Luci..." Lucifer turned his head towards his friend Arty if only because it seemed like it was something interesting. "Yes Arty..?" He trailed off awaiting for a response from his new toy/best buddy. "There's been something I've been wanting to ask. Let me know if it's too personal though, I don't want - " Aww it was a shame Arty was cut off it seemed like he was about to ask a very important question too. Lucifer pouted as an old man seemed to stumble out of the darkness and bump into Arty and frantically spoke about someone chasing him. The old man wasn't interesting at all he seemed to be your run of the mill nondescript prisoner who would probably either rot in here or die off randomly, therefore he was regarded as, as insignificant as an ant.

His ears twitched as he picked up the sounds of footsteps coming towards them and a large cheshire grin stretched across his face as another prisoner came out swinging towards the old man and Arty just as they had thought nothing was coming. While normally he would attack and maim the prisoner maybe kill him he was content for watching how Arty would fend him off. He was slightly disappointed with how Arty seemed to have zero combat ability and just randomly threw a punch that managed to hit the prisoner. It seemed to do quite a bit if the blood was anything to go by though so he had to at least be physically strong. "Luci, help me out here!" Arty's voice broke him of his reverie and he decided that he would help for now.

"Hihihihihihihihi okay~" He giggled madly to himself as he suddenly shot forth at speeds that were quite abnormal and kicked the man with his bare feet in the ribs.As the man hit the ground a cracking noise was heard as his ribs were quite obviously at least fractured from the hit. "Aww broken already?" Lucifer pouted, but quickly grinned once more as the prisoner seemed to get up once more, if with some effort, and rushed him again and swung his fists at him. Lucifer ducked and twirled about just evading but soon got bored as this prisoner was just sloppy and decided to end it. "You're boring this is no fun at all....get of my sight insect." Lucifer spoke in a bored apathetic tone pouting as he simply punched the man in the sternum extremely hard. It was enough to knock the man out and if one was to look it had also caused a dark bruise to appear where he was hit. With a grin he turned around and spoke cheerily "So can we be on are way Arty? I wanna have some real fun."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Nel Aden - Galvez Prison

Nel led the duo in silence for what seemed to be a lifetime... Or at least, it seemed that way to her. For the time being, the security was somewhat lax. This gave both the girl and Tim a pretty easy start off. Deciding that maybe a bit of talking would provide her with at least a minor form of entertainment, Nel glanced over her shoulder at the boy who walked with her and decided to strike up a conversation.

"So... Uh, Jim?" Nel began. "What exactly did you do to get here, anyways? Kill a guy, maybe? Arson or something like that?"

Truth be told, Nel really did not care much for the reason as to why the boy may have been there... and even if she did care, Nel had the feeling that it was not anything of any major importance such as that. There was something about Tim that struck her as so... plain and boring that she would not have been surprised at all if it was something much more tame, such as stealing apples from a market place or something of the sort.​

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus & Lucifer

As the foe stepped back, it became painfully obvious to Artus, and most likely to Lucifer as well, that the only reason Artus' punch did any damage was due to the fact that Artus himself was a big guy. Otherwise there was no technique in anything he was doing. "Hihihihihihihihi okay!" Luci chuckled to himself, as he sped forwards and gave the prisoner a swift kick to the ribs, causing the him to clutch the side of body and nearly fall to the ground. Wow! Did he break his ribs?! Artus watched admirably, as Lucier proceeded to attack him with his fists, and then ending the fight by attacking his sternum, knocking the foe to the ground. Artus looked at the prisoner. He's...unconscious. I can't believe we actually won. Artus put down his fists as he looked at Lucifer. "So can we be on our way Arty? I wanna have some real fun." He smiled at Artus.

"Uhhh...yeah, sure. I can't believe we actually won though...you're gonna have to teach me some of those moves, when we get out." Artus said, in a somewhat joking tone. However, he was still a bit shaken up by the whole. The only fighting Artus ever did was with his cousin or other kids when he was little, so it wasn't like he was an expert at hand to hand combat. He then turned to the other old man that was watching behind the scenes, and took the torch from his hands. As far as Artus was concerned, they had helped the old man, and that was the end of it. "Yeah, let's kick." Artus nodded to Lucifer, and then gestured the old man goodbye.

"W-wait, don't l-leave me! I'm just an old man, but if you two are planning on getting out, then I can be of some a-assistance." Just as Artus was about to walk, he turned around to hear the old man out. "I've been down here for two months, I'm sure I'd be able to help. After all, I want to get out as well." Artus arched an eyebrow. Two months? Really? Surviving on what, insects and rats?

"I don't know, you sure you can actually help, and not just hide like you did back there?" Artus looked at Lucifer and then at the old man. Artus didn't want anyone that would just slow them down, especially an old man. "C'mon old man, we can't just let anyone stick with us. Sure this guy is good at fighting," He said pointing at Lucifer. "But how do I know someone else won't be coming after you?" Artus was getting slightly hostile now. He had respect for elders, but this was a different scenario. This was life or death.

"L-like I said. I've been down here 2 months. I've been able to mentally map out some areas of this underground hell." The old man's voice started to stabilize. "Trust me, it's hard to get people down here who are trustworthy, but it is possible to get out. Only if we work together." Artus sighed, and rubbed his forehead.

"I guess you can come, if you can actually help. Right Luci?" Artus nodded to his companion, asking for his opinion. "I mean, doesn't that mean more fun..or whatever it is you like?" If the old man actually was telling the truth, then it would be definitely helpful to have someone who knew a little around the undergrounds.

((OOC: If anyone wants to, feel free to run into Artus and Luci now.))

Back