• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark PokéDex entries.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    What are your favourite dark PokéDex entries, as the title says? An example below:

Giratina: "It was banished for its violence. It silently gazed upon the old world from the Distortion World."

Lucifer, anyone?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Jellicent's Black Entry:
    "The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished."

Jellicent brings down ships, and drowns all those on board? Scary stuff, and part of the reason why I like Ghost-types so much. They usually have the most ominous and frightening Pokedex entries. Interesting to me.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Jellicent's Black Entry:
    "The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished."

Jellicent brings down ships, and drowns all those on board? Scary stuff, and part of the reason why I like Ghost-types so much. They usually have the most ominous and frightening Pokedex entries. Interesting to me.

I really liked that one. Some pokémon just have those entries that make you write theories, creepypastas, and all that stuff. Here are some good ones:

Parasect: "A host-parasite pair in which the parasite mushroom has taken over the host bug. Prefers damp places" - It's a ♥♥♥♥ing zombie, guys.

Hypno: "It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized" - Hypno's Lullaby, 'nuff said. Oh, and there's a side quest in FR/LG, where you have to save Lostelle from a wild Hypno, which most likely tried to kidnap her.

Yamask: "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry" - That's just sad.

Mismagius: "Its cries sound like incantations. Those hearing it are tormented by headaches and hallucinations." - Not dark, or anything, but it really reminds me of Lavender Town's original music.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Chandelure's Black Pokedex entry: "t absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance."
    It likes to eat souls, charbroiled.

Parasect: "A host-parasite pair in which the parasite mushroom has taken over the host bug. Prefers damp places" - It's a ♥♥♥♥ing zombie, guys.

Cordyceps fungus is creeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

Years
    Surprised no one's commented on Banette's various creepy entries. My personal favorite:

Pokemon Emerald said:
    An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away.

Ruby's variant talks about how Banette generate energy by laying curses on themselves by sticking pins into their bodies. D: After reading all of them, I don't want to ever come across Mega Banette in a dark alley, yikes. Most ghost Pokemon generally have the extremely ominous dex entires that will leave you keeping one eye open at night, haha.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Drifloon for sure.

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 said:
    These Pokémon are called the "Signpost for Wandering Spirits." Children holding them sometimes vanish.

Pokemon Pearl said:
    It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. However, it gets pulled around instead.

These cute little guys are kidnappers LOL. Even though the Pearl entry kinda downplays it since it gets pulled around, doesn't change the fact that they're still trying to steal away children.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yamask's entry makes me sad ;; And brings up the age old question - are ghost pokémon actual ghosts or just pokémon born with ghost-like qualities? Urr.

Parasect's entry reminds me of the "zombies" in The Last Of Us ._.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    Yamask's entry makes me sad ;; And brings up the age old question - are ghost pokémon actual ghosts or just pokémon born with ghost-like qualities? Urr.

Parasect's entry reminds me of the "zombies" in The Last Of Us ._.
    The new pokemon Phantump seem to reinforce this idea:
    "According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest."

There's also Duskull that stalks children:
    "If it finds bad children who won't listen to their parents, it will spirit them away--or so it's said."

X and Y entries of ghost pokemon seems to be getting progressively darker. But my favourite one is the Dusknoir which is basically the pokemon version of a grim reaper.

"It is said to take lost spirits into its pliant body and guide them home."

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    I really hope they keep getting darker as the Pokemon series continues on. >:D

My favorites would have to be Giratina and Yamask for reasons already mentioned. Yamask gave me the feels. I felt bad for using it. But I did anyway. Ironically it was one of the only surviving Pokemon in my last Nuzlocke run. >_>

Others I like are Parasect and Drifloon, because they're funny. xD. Most of the dex entries of Pokemon that you wouldn't expect to find creepy or disturbing at first (I know Parasect looks pretty freaky but I was ok with it at first. Just your regular old parasitic mushroom.) are hilarious to me simply because of the unexpectedness, and most likely the fact that Gamefreak never really intended for them to be so dark.

Hypno's made me LOL. Especially after Hypno's Lullaby. Pedo Pokemon; last thing I expected from a game geared towards little kids. When I saw this one I had a similar feeling to when I rewatch Spongebob while blindfolded. That whole 'WTF was I looking at as a kid' feel.

Oh also Cubone was another feels one. And freaky at the same time.
    Pokemon Stadium said:
    Always wears the skull of its deceased mother on its head and never shows its face. It cries mournfully in the moonlight.
    That one got me as a kid. Made me want to beat the holy crap out of Team Rocket too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Phantump's Y Dex entry is sad and creepy at the same time:
    Pokemon Y Pokedex said:
    According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.
    Essentially, if the rumors are to be believed, Phantump are the souls of dead children.

Lampent's and Litwick's Dex entries essentially say they steal life energy from others. Lampent even steals the soul of a person who just died:
    White Pokedex said:
    It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.
    Black 2/White 2 Pokedex said:
    The spirits it absorbs fuel its baleful fire. It hangs around hospitals waiting for people to pass on.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Froslass is one of my favorite pokemon, so its pokedex entry freaked me out.
    It freezes prey by blowing its -58 degree F breath. It is said to then secretly display its prey.
    Sadistic!

Cacturne is terrfying as well:
    If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, Cacturne will follow in a ragtag group. The Pokémon are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving.
    Then they beat them up and eat them, I guess!

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    Can't believe no one mentioned this one yet:

Gorebyss
    Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

This Pokemon is literally the embodiment of the phrase, "Looks can be deceiving". So, this thing basically turns its victim into a dried-out husk? Talk about scary! o_O

Years
    From Pokemon White's Pokedex entry:

"Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

You just put a Pokemon's fecal matter onto your body...

Back