• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yo! New guy here :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Hey PokeCommnuity. I'm Blue :D

Yo! New guy here :P

I've known about this place for a while and it's actually helped answer a lot of my pokemon related questions over the years but I never thought about joining until last night. I just got onto the competitive battling scene with X&Y (Until like February, I didn't even know how to EV train or why having the right nature matters. Kinda sad for somebody who's been playing since Gen I -____-) and I've been looking for ways to get better without battling my same friends over and over (what I've been doing for months now) so I figured, "what better place to go to help hone my skills than a pokemon forum?"

Years
    Welcome!! :) Haha im the same way when it comes to battling. I've been playing since the first generation games came out I still don't fully understand natures or EV training. I was a button smasher for a lot of years until i fully understood the game xD It's still hard sometimes but i'm getting there.

Years
    all the young justice memories... /stares at your sig and avatar ;-;
    Good to meet you and welcome, Blue!

But naw - that's totally fine. There are actually a lot of people who've played for a long time but didn't learn much about natures/IVs and the like until way later. I didn't know natures boosted stats until the fourth generation and didn't fully get EV training until late 5th/early 6th gen. Now I'm a lot more well-versed in it all which gives me so much more to do post-game.

Be sure to poke around the Battling & Team Building board for your competitive needs. <3 Enjoy your stay!

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    all the young justice memories... /stares at your sig and avatar ;-;

Yeah I don't think I'll ever not be bitter about Young Justice's cancellation. It was the only series I loved more than some of my favorite anime DX

Years
    I have to say, that's one nice signature you have, but yeah I do agree it was a shame to see Young Justice end so soon. But hey, it's nice to see you here today Blue!

Based on what I've seen, we've been having loads of people joining for competitive battling lately, so do go and peek around the Battling & Team Building board as Sheep said in her post. There's so many skilled battlers who are willing to help you with all the stuff about the metagame you need to know, you can also share your battle videos and replays there since it also has a thread for just that. You should also pop by the battle server when you can since you'll be able to battle there and also chat with fellow PC members.

I may not be the best battler out there but I'm learning, so yeah maybe we should meet up at the battle server sometime should you decide to pop by. Have an awesome time here Blue, I'll be seeing ya around!

- Hikamaru

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Yeah, I'm definitely still mourning the loss over Young Justice. ;o; I think that their toys wouldn't see and they weren't making enough money? Whatever the case may be, I'm going to miss that show! Like, I really liked Beast Boy and Artemis, and well, everyone in the show was amazing though sometimes I didn't really care for the Superboy x Megan shipping? But that's just me.

Anyways, howdy Blue! Glad PC has helped you out, and I'm even happier that you've joined us today; it's really nice to meet you! And yup, the competitive board will be happy to help you out with anything competitive related! Of course, no matter where you go on here and what you decide to do, we'll all be right with you! So, you know, don't hesitate on making yourself at home, and we hope that we can speak more with you soon! <33

So take care, and welcome to the forums! Again, if you ever need anything, I'll be right there to help you out, as I'm always happy to! And of course, everyone on PC will lend you a helping hand too! Mmm, until we see each other again, I hope you will have a marvelous stay. C:

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Hi Blue, great to see other people who are interested in competitive pokemon battling. See you around !

Back