• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What area do you hate the most?

Years
I hate all caves in Pokemon, and the Victory Road in Sinnoh was an absolute pain to get through, I had no fun playing the game at that point. :[ Water areas don't bother me as much, because they're useful for training electric/grass type Pokemon, haha. Ice puzzles aren't too bad either, although if I can't solve them after a long time, it does get frustrating.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Caves because ZUBAT ZUBAT ZUBAT.
Oceans because TENTACOOL TENTACOOL TENTACOOL.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I think caves are my biggest annoyance. Especially if it's one that needs a lot of hms/tms to fully explore. Aka a cave that needs flash, rock smash, surf, strength, maybe even waterfall. Also caves with Wobbufett in them f you.

Another strong contender right up there with caves are the "newish" swamps/marshlands. It's annoying walking through them and they usually need cut to be fully explored so I always have to go back later later with an hm slave.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Caves and any sort of sliding puzzle areas are the worst. The desert route in Kalos was pretty bad too.

Years
The desert route in Kalos was pretty bad too.

Oh jeeeeeeez the desert in Kalos, hahah. Ironic isn't it- the place with the most encounters in the whole game, and not a single patch of tall grass in sight.

Oh god I hated that place, Trapinch and Dugtrio encounters everywhere! And they come with that annoying Arena Trap ability which means if you had a grounded Pokemon out you're forced to fight it. The only easy way to get around it is a Flying-type, a Levitate user, or even a Ghost-type since they're immune to trapping effects.

Ice puzzles sometimes annoy me too, especially the one in Sootopolis Gym in the Hoenn games. I actually had to have someone do the puzzle for me because I always kept messing up.

I also hate any areas full of the very tall grass. I apparently have something against it, but they're always a pain for me to get through, in fact the routes surrounding Fortree City in Hoenn as well as Unova's Route 7 were the worst offenders for me. The former because those routes are long (I gotta hope we can cut the grass down again in OR/AS) and the latter because walking on a balance beam surely is hard and if you fall into the grass you'll most likely have loads of wild encounters.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I hate generally any area where every tile has an encounter rate.
But open water areas are my absolute LEAST favorite areas. They are time consuming, boring to look at, have almost no landmarks denoting where you're at so it's easy to get lost, and do not vary the Pokemon that DO show up enough. Even with repel it's a boring sight that is easy to get lost in, causing you to use even more repels.

I also hate areas of the game that force you to walk, like the marsh in Kalos.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Oh jeeeeeeez the desert in Kalos, hahah. Ironic isn't it- the place with the most encounters in the whole game, and not a single patch of tall grass in sight.
This!!! It's bad enough that wild Pokemon will not stop ambushing you, even if you use a Max Repel and have a Lv100 Pokemon with Pure Icense at the front of your party, but they also have Arena Trap (most of them do anyways). On top of that, you have a bunch of those stupid skating ramps all over the place and the constant wind makes it harder to use skates in the first place. And then there's the fact that 4 out of 5 gates you can't even go through, they just stand there taunting you, making you think that there's some kind of super-legendary Pokemon hidden behind them.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
This!!! It's bad enough that wild Pokemon will not stop ambushing you, even if you use a Max Repel and have a Lv100 Pokemon with Pure Icense at the front of your party, but they also have Arena Trap (most of them do anyways). On top of that, you have a bunch of those stupid skating ramps all over the place and the constant wind makes it harder to use skates in the first place. And then there's the fact that 4 out of 5 gates you can't even go through, they just stand there taunting you, making you think that there's some kind of super-legendary Pokemon hidden behind them.

Hahah yeah, that was pretty rough. I wonder if we'll be able to head back to Kalos in ORAS, because there was seriously, 3 whole gigantic power plants with entrances all in plain sight that we couldn't access in that desert. And the power plants did all have supposedly different means of generating power. It really does scream; "Legendary pokemon inside"

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think caves are my biggest annoyance. Especially if it's one that needs a lot of hms/tms to fully explore. Aka a cave that needs flash, rock smash, surf, strength, maybe even waterfall. Also caves with Wobbufett in them f you.

Yeah, Wobbufett could be pretty annoying when you run into them, ugh. At one point, it managed to take down my entire team single-handedly (many of my Pokémon weren't trained enough, but still). If only they didn't have Shadow Tag.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Besides caves, Pokestar Studios. Do I even need to say anything? I dont think Ive ever found someone whose ever enjoyed that area. If you have, do tell me, and tell me why you think its a good area.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I absolutely LOATHE Route 13 in XY. The constant wild encounters that repels can't do a single thing about. It's so annoying to search for hidden items when every step I take, there's a dust cloud chasing after me. >.>
also the wind in that route sucks too.

Last edited:
Back