• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Cloning

Years
How do you guys feel about cloning Pokemon?

I am against hacked Pokemon, but I dont mind cloning Probably cos Im doing it myself lol

I am planning to play Y and AS soon, and am preparing for GTS. I am currently making an army of clones Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Metagross, will do the same with Regis, Latias.(Emerald)

Do you guys do it?
Do you dislike it?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I don't mind cloning, really.

I did a lot of it with Emerald when I was working on my living Pokédex, because, obsessed as I am with the idea of being able to restart any game from any Gen and not have to re-complete the Pokédex, I made living Pokédexes for generations 3, 4, 5 and 6. Being able to clone at least the first 386 Pokémon was a huge relief.

I don't mind other people doing it. If someone trades me a cloned legit Pokémon, I'll be OK with it, because, cloned or not, from the technical standpoint, it is still legit/legal.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't mind cloned Pokémon, really; they're basically the same as legitimate ones. Only difference is that somebody else might be holding a Pokémon with same, exact data as yours, and that's all there to it. As far as hacked Pokémon go, I don't really mind them, unless they are hacked overly, as in, teaching some Pokémon a move that it should not be able to learn, or giving it more EVs than maximum limit.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
Cloning pokémons is cool when you start. But later is monotomous. Pokémon is cool because when one dies, you need think in a strategy to the other be powerful. Is just that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Honestly, I don't mind cloning or hacking. Cloning, as I see it, was literally made and is used to share the love of Pokemon, who could say no to that? Offering people some nice mon's that you worked hard for and the recipient wants is a recipe for happiness, in my opinion. And even hacking, on a much smaller level, is fine so long as it's only used for personal reasons. Obviously trading them should be banned or illegal or whatever, but if you're just looking to battle your little brother with some supped up Pikachu than I don't see the harm in it. Live and let live, as they say. :)

Years
I don't mind cloning at all - you're basically just speeding up the process of creating another Pokemon similar to the one you already have. Its stats aren't broken in ways that aren't normally possible and it's never done to ruin someone's gameplay experience but rather to share a Pokemon you're proud of with other people, as Fairy said. It's harmless.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I'm good with it :) I had been against cloning for awhile, but when I tried to get into breeding I realized how important it can be. that said, I probably won't ever clone. I may ask others to do so for me, but doing it myself would give me a chance to abuse it in some way haha.

when I think back on when I said that I didn't like cloning, I think it was just because I was scared that it would ruin my experience. now I see that its not as bad as I thought.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
I don't really mind at all! Cloning Pokes has all sorts of uses! For example, let's say you had a shiny you were super attached to in Gen IV, and wanted to have it in Gen VI- but wanted to still have it in your current game. So, with cloning, you can have your shiny in both games! Also, another good use is to clone up extra event Pokémon and trade them to people who may have missed those events. Cloning has uses, and I don't mind it at all. In fact, I actually did clone due to the first scenario.

Years
I don't really mind at all! Cloning Pokes has all sorts of uses! For example, let's say you had a shiny you were super attached to in Gen IV, and wanted to have it in Gen VI- but wanted to still have it in your current game. So, with cloning, you can have your shiny in both games! Also, another good use is to clone up extra event Pokémon and trade them to people who may have missed those events. Cloning has uses, and I don't mind it at all. In fact, I actually did clone due to the first scenario.

I hope there are more people who do this cos I really need to find them, I have exactly ZERO legendary event Pokes :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
In the games I've bred avidly (Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon X), I clone a lot. I'm against hacking too, that's no the way to go. However, cloning is perfectly fine as long as you trust the cloner.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Cloning! The one thing I have NEVER been able to succesfully do. But, that aside, I don't mind cloned pokemon. Unless it's a cloned HACKED pokemon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't mind cloning, in fact, I love it! When I could clone in the earlier generations using my Action Replay I would often clone shinies and share them with my brother :) Without cloning I would have been hesitant to share, especially because I'm somewhat of a collector and my brother would have nothing to add to my collection, haha, but with cloning I can share with him and my friends all I want ~

Back