• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Convert here! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Hello, Howdy and Hi!

I was around when Pokemon first came out. The only game I completed was Sapphire. And man was it fun. However, I always had the stigma that Pokemon was just a silly little franchise made for little kids to buy games. However after spending about a week looking at Youtube videos, I see that not only does Pokemon have older fans, BUT there is also a technical and collection side to it. It seems quit interesting.

I am still trying to feel my way out here, but I believe that I want to start collecting the TGC cards. Any advice is welcome and thanks for a great place for someone like me to get started!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Howdyhowdy, and I hope you're doing well tonight! Welcome to the forums, and a biiig pleasure to meet you! <33

Sapphire is definitely fun, as the Gen 3 games were pretty fun as a whole! And yes, Pokemon is a franchise that any one on any age can enjoy; in fact, the company was looking towards an older audience while still keeping that younger audience, y'know? Which is something I can appreciate - as well as the rest of the members here on this forum, so, you'll be surrounded by loads of pokemon fans, and potential new friends. C:

Perhaps to help you get started, maybe you can check out General Chat to chat about light topics there, since that's where the majority of PC likes to hang out! So it's a great place to meet new people. Mmm, maybe you'll also like the Pokemon Trading Card Game section if you want any advice or suggestions about the cards, and someone knowledgeable there will help you out as best and as quick as they can! :]

Still though, if you have any questions about the forum, you're more than welcome to ask me anytime you want! It's really great having you here Mandaryn, and I hope that you will have a glorious time during your stay! Give me a message anytime you wanna chat! I'll be most happy to - and you can also send me a PC friend request anytime! <33

Ciao, and cheers bud, have a great time. :3

Years
    Pokemon is definitely for all ages. I know tons of older fans; there are just as many people in their late teens and 20s (and older, even) into the franchise as there are kids. Promise. :) Welcome to the forum and good to meet you, Mandaryn.

PC is a perfect place to get more involved in the community. Many of our members are older so if you're on the lookout for fans around your age then you've definitely come to the right place. Be sure to continue checking back and exploring as you'll definitely enjoy it.

Cheers and see you around. n~n Let me (or Dragon.. or, well, anyone haha) know if you need some help, yes?

Years
    You're never too old for Pokemon, as Sheep said herself. Really nice to meet you, Mandaryn! How's everything going for you today? Hope it's all well at the moment.

I'm in my 20's and I still love Pokemon, while also being part of a few other fandoms (as evidenced by my Tumblr posts) so yeah, pretty balanced I am in that regard. Like what Sheep said, you'll be surprised how many people here are still Pokemon fans in their late teens and 20's, some even older than that. I know for sure you picked an awesome community in PC, because we love catering towards every kind of Pokemon fan, and even those who don't like Pokemon.

Dragon suggested a few places to get started, but feel free to explore at your own pace. I am always happy to chat so leave me a message whenever you like, and we are very proud to have you here and I hope you enjoy your stay!

- Hikamaru

Tepig003

Ruler of the Keronians
    Years
    Hi! I am 15 and I play Pokemon, my dad plays Pokemon, my cousins that are in college play Pokemon, so Pokemon is for all ages. The competitive side of Pokemon is for teens and people who are older because it is more advance.

Back