• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest [OOC]

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Can i get on this?

Name: Gelius Prowers
Species: Weavile
Title: "The Mysterious"
Type Mastery: Dark
Nationality: (I dont know how to pronounce, but it came from New Bark Town)
Appearance: It has brown hair, Brown cloak to protect from the cold, brown eyes, Black shirt, blue pants, a yellow bag, black shoes, a belt to put pokeballs, black hat (like Rilley's one), black gloves, and a vs seeker on his belt (the vs seeker its black also).
Personality (and History)
:When he was a kid he was very calm and he liked to play with pokemon, however everything changed when he was 8 years old, when Celebi gave him the mission to save the legendary... Since he left home he became more serious and never saw his familly again... His sneasel was one of his starter pokemon alongside pichu... At only 14 years old, his sneasel evolved to Weavile and was able to save the world... After that he became one of the best trainers of ever... 4 years later... Gelius was a very calm and relaxed person again... However he was sometime serious by having nightmares of the day that Team Plasma killed his Growlithe... One day he was relaxing with Weavile while the other pokemon were being healed... Then Gelius3 and Weavile were kidnapped...
Then, since that day, Gelius was always serious and never wanted to leave goals incomplete... However sometimes its able to see its relaxed, calm and funny side, even was very rare to see that... But Gelius had only one objective... Escape and get back his pokemon...

Moveset: Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Surf

Others: Sometimes Gelius has the nickname as Gel. Also this is a continuation of a story, so i explain later.

RP Sample: (Note: this is what is going on on the start of my RP Profile.)
"Hugh... Where am I?" Asked Gelius.
Gelius look around and saw Weavile tied to a pillar. Then he look to his belt. He only saw Weavile's pokeball. Were missing 4 pokeballs. Then he tried to see pichu (scince he does not like the pokeballs). He did not found pichu. then he look to himself. He was tied to a pillar also.

Then appeared a old man.
Then he asks to a young man:
"Is this the one who saved the legendary pokemon?"
Then the Young man says:
"Yes it is. Its Recognizable by its Weavile."
"Interesting..." Says the Old man.

Gelius tries to get free but it was not possible. After he asks:
"Who are you? Where am I? Where are all of my pokemon?"
The old man says:
"Woah! Calm down." he said "First of all we cant say who are we. You are at Mt. Rainbow. And that Weavile its your only pokemon. If you had more we are very sorry." he said.
"Why im here?" Asked Gelius.
"You are here to bring peace to this region..." Said the old man but Gelius Interrupted:
"I did that already! Now let me and Weavile free!"
"Fine but if you go to the top of Mt. Rainbow." Said the old man.
"Why?"
"To prove yourself that you are the Chosen. If you pass the first test Ho-Oh will appear in front of you. To pass the second test and to prove yourself that you are the chosen one... Take down Ho-Oh." Said the old man.

"You are kidding, aren't you? Because i have only a Weavile at this moment!" Said Gelius
"GO TO THE TOP NOW!" Yelled the old man.
After this Gelius and Weavile accept the chalange and they start their way to the top.

Sorry for the sample being a little long but this is the start of my "story" on the RP.
I need to you reserve me a place with this info on this RP already done cuz im on a RP already and this is the continuation of the first RP that im in.
Thanks for reading

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
@Gelius3 let me point you to this post (the first post of this thread, the OOC). It explains the setting in full, and before you attempt at making a SU, you should have read and understood the setting of this RP.

The RP Sample you provided is not an example of the creative writing we are looking for. Take a look at the In-Character thread to see what roleplaying in this RP would be like, and what kind of RPing Sample you would have to provide.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
The infamous siblings, Jay or Jacob (to the right) and Fi or Sophia (to the left), in honor and memory of Garet, their original creator. We miss you bro!

Spoiler:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Because clearly I don't have enough characters. xD

Spoiler:

EDIT: BAI TURNIP! SEND ME POSTCARDS! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

The War of Succession, 1029 - 1035 AP (Lore)

Current Date: Tenth Month of 1059

Thirty years ago, the former Emperor Kharnos Aurelius died. He fathered two children: Khendra (1015 AP) and Dareon (1021 AP). Khendra was born first, but according to the Constitution, male members of the Imperial family had priority to the throne. However, when Emperor Kharnos died, Dareon was only a young Mareep, while his sister was a grown Ampharos, ready to marry.

The Hesperian General Quentyn of that time was a cruel man who simply did not accept a Mareep to rule the Realm; he conspired with Khendra, taking her to Skyhaven and marrying her to his son Quentyn II and declared him and her Emperor and Empress.

Colossus, leader of the GT at the time, chose to side with Dareon for his best claim, despite realizing that the people of Exathor would be disdained with a Mareep in power. Colossus sought to change that: he trained Dareon so thoroughly, that he almost forced him to evolve into an Ampharos at a very young age, to raise morale of the troops and make him able to lead and command. On his own accord, Dareon invaded the Vaults of Reflection with loyal men, forcing the Gold Tribe to open many vaults despite the Keeper's protests, looking for an Ampharosite Mega Stone. When he found it, he was at an outstanding advantage against his sister, who was still only an Ampharos, and not only that, second in line as well.

However, riots were sparked in Union City - noble families of Hesperian descend supported Khendra's claim, and Stygian noble families opposed them. The city would have plunged into chaos, were it not for Colossus and the rest of the Gold Tribe there. Dareon decided to establish his rule within the city, before doing anything else. He forged the Thunder Crown to put on his head and proclaim himself true Emperor, but it was stolen during the coronation, and Khendra's husband wore it instead in Skyhaven. But that only made matters worse for the Hesperian cause, as General Althalos of Stygia sided with Dareon. The entire nation of Stygia pledged their support to Dareon, whom they recognized as much more an able and fit ruler than Khendra. The Hesperian General and his son met Dareon's supporters in open battle in the borders of Hesperia; the two sides were equal in numbers, so one battle did not suffice to declare anyone winner. Over the span of six years, multiple battles were fought in the Hesperian Frontier.

Dareon, in the end, dominated with the help of a powerful Hesperian Lord, Vektor Belisarius, who chose to desert Khendra and her claim after being advised by one Rethlor Ravine, the current Wise Master of Laws. With Lord Vektor's troops added to Dareon's supporters, they all marched against the undefeated city of Skyhaven, where the pretender Emperor and Empress had taken shelter. They laid siege, but the city did not fall through war. Lord Vektor and a group of his men entered the city through a secret passageway that only they knew and struck the palace by surprise. Lord Vektor killed the Hesperian General in combat, cut off his son's head and Khendra's and took the Thunder Crown. He offered all three to Dareon when he returned to his battalion. There, he was appointed Hesperian General by the Council and with Dareon's blessing.

Soon afterwards, Lord Vektor visited Union City for Dareon's coronation, where he would crown him Emperor with the Thunder Crown, and gave him the ruling name Zhaolong.

And everyone lived happily ever after! Or did they?!

dun dun duuun

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Because clearly I don't have enough characters. xD

Spoiler:

EDIT: BAI TURNIP! SEND ME POSTCARDS! :D

Lenora is accepted. I'll talk to you about introducing her.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Random inspiration!

Name: Ambrose Gribaldi
Species: Shiftry
Title: Tempest, third-in-command of the Gold Tribe
Type Mastery: Dark
Nationality: Hesperian
Appearance: He's of skinny and short build, 4 feet tall; he was always small and got picked at for it by his peers, but in his years as a Goldtribesman he has proved that small does not equal weak. The insignia of the Gold Tribe is fixed inside his mouth, in the form of a golden tooth; he is nearly never seen without his cheroot, a joint that is rumored to have a pinch of cola in it. Even when he doesn't have it lit, he keeps it in his mouth and chews on it, and sometimes falls asleep with it.

Personality: Ambrose is an imposing Shiftry with a sharp eye, venomous tongue and a deathly scary smirk that makes Pidgeys fly away in fear and of course has gotten half the tribe to resent him for it. Ambrose compensates for his shortness with his fine set of lungs. He shouts at people, a lot, and often without need. When someone under his command does something wrong, he chews them out and ridicules them. He gets pissed off when someone criticizes him.

As the third-in-command of the Gold Tribe, he is in charge of the members of the Tribe that stay in Union City and guard the Emperor, the noble families and the citizens. He has established an iron fist-like authority and enforces military discipline. Some say that he is more of a military commander than Gold Tribe, happy whenever conflict arises, but that is not true. Inside his small, small chest, there is a heart of gold. He gives it all for the Gold Tribe. For a better world, as he often says. But, even though his heart is in the right place, he can be seen as one of the less morally compelled characters and has a more pragmatic rather than noble side that has become obvious to people who have been around him for a while.

The better world becomes an excuse for shady actions he performs to ensure that he and the Gold Tribe are successful in all of their endeavors; he always acts in the tribes' best interest, and that is how he showed he was worthy of leadership. It's difficult to speak of his moral compass. While he is pragmatic and conniving, even petty and cruel at times, one cannot call him amoral. It has been made clear to everyone that he shares a special bond with his son, as he started bringing him to work when he was of age. He promised him a peaceful future and freedom for Exathor when the second Stygian rebellion started.

Moves: Hurricane (TM), Leaf Storm, Frustration, Extrasensory

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

Foreword

Hey guys, the Stoneyard arc is over, and things don't look good for the Gold Tribe. But then again, when did they ever look good? The former arc was a bit linear admittedly, but this one is all yours: below, I give you all the information necessary to make decisions of your own and take the story's reins to your own hands. Click the spoiler below and jump into the next arc!

Spoiler:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
My SU for Xavier Ludwik, the Slowking :)

Name: Xavier Ludwik
Species: Slowking
Title: Calm Tide
Type Mastery: Psychic
Nationality: Stygian, Otori
Appearance: Xavier stands at an average 6'8" from crown to toe and 5'5" forehead down. He always has a content grin on his face and a book in hand. The gem embedded in his crown is a golden yellow as opposed the usual scarlet. Around Xavier's neck is a pendant containing the rare Mystic Water item, and his Gold Tribe insignia lies in a ring on his left hand. Like the rest of his kind, Xavier is very imposing and truly regal in appearance.

Personality: Xavier is as his title suggests, rather calm in demeanor. There isn't really a situation that will cause him to be anxious or tense, even when the scenario is dire or unfamiliar. He has a rather impish sense of humor and has a habit poking fun at familiar pokemon. Jokingly of course, as his words are never meant to be spiteful or mean. While not exactly the most popular 'mon around, he never judges a book by its cover won't dislike anyone unless you give him a good reason not to. Conversely, others may find him to be somewhat weird and off-putting due to is unusually easygoing nature and being generally unreadable. Xavier isn't exactly a fierce worker by nature, but does get things done when the situation demands it. At times he will but things off to cater to his own affairs, knowing he can easily clean up or attend to the task at his earliest convenience.

Xavier was never one to lack confidence. He could always find the ability to approach all kinds of people and always be able to conjure just the right words to say. He greatly enjoys refined conversing with other about thought provoking topics and of his readings and studies. He also welcomes folk that are a bit on the calm, quiet side like he is. Simple, relaxing conversation is also heartily welcomed; especially since the Slowking enjoys listening more than constantly talking. He even finds working with those of opposite characteristics than his tolerable, since he himself is unfazed by the faults of others. The change of pace each person and thing brings is often very refreshing. These traits may be attributed to the naturally oblivious nature of the Slowpoke line, combined with the vast intelligent granted to him upon evolution to Slowking.

One may not expect it from such a 'mon, but Xavier does value having the upper hand in any given time and is a frighteningly good tactician and quite the powerful psychic(however he still finds fighting when unnecessary a bother). Using a sharp intellect and observance, he is accustomed to bending unfavorable situations to his will, even exploiting the quirks and characteristics of others if necessary. While again, he isn't wicked, he is however very opportunistic and willing use all of his resources to achieve his goals. This side of Xavier, which is sheathed behind his lax and carefree attitude is only known to Lenora, Ambrose, and the 'mon above Ambrose in the chain of command. One may question question if such a keen mind is completely trustworthy. However, at the end of the day, his heart and loyalty is firmly planted in the resolve of the Gold Tribe and that's why he and his talents are so highly valued.

Spoiler:

Moves: Scald, Disable, Ice Beam, Protect
Other: Xavier has the ability Regenerator. His hobbies in his free time are reading various novels and tomes, meditating, or taking walks by himself or with others.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
My SU for Xavier Ludwik, the Slowking :)

Name: Xavier Ludwik
Species: Slowking
Title: Calm Tide
Type Mastery: Psychic
Nationality: Stygian, Otori
Appearance: Xavier stands at an average 6'8" from crown to toe and 5'5" forehead down. He always has a content grin on his face and a book in hand. The gem embedded in his crown is a golden yellow as opposed the usual scarlet. Around Xavier's neck is a pendant containing the rare Mystic Water item, and his Gold Tribe insignia lies in a ring on his left hand. Like the rest of his kind, Xavier is very imposing and truly regal in appearance.

Personality: Xavier is as his title suggests, rather calm in demeanor. There isn't really a situation that will cause him to be anxious or tense, even when the scenario is dire or unfamiliar. He has a rather impish sense of humor and has a habit poking fun at familiar pokemon. Jokingly of course, as his words are never meant to be spiteful or mean. While not exactly the most popular 'mon around, he never judges a book by its cover won't dislike anyone unless you give him a good reason not to. Conversely, others may find him to be somewhat weird and off-putting due to is unusually easygoing nature and being generally unreadable. Xavier isn't exactly a fierce worker by nature, but does get things done when the situation demands it. At times he will but things off to cater to his own affairs, knowing he can easily clean up or attend to the task at his earliest convenience.

Xavier was never one to lack confidence. He could always find the ability to approach all kinds of people and always be able to conjure just the right words to say. He greatly enjoys refined conversing with other about thought provoking topics and of his readings and studies. He also welcomes folk that are a bit on the calm, quiet side like he is. Simple, relaxing conversation is also heartily welcomed; especially since the Slowking enjoys listening more than constantly talking. He even finds working with those of opposite characteristics than his tolerable, since he himself is unfazed by the faults of others. The change of pace each person and thing brings is often very refreshing. These traits may be attributed to the naturally oblivious nature of the Slowpoke line, combined with the vast intelligent granted to him upon evolution to Slowking.

One may not expect it from such a 'mon, but Xavier does value having the upper hand in any given time and is a frighteningly good tactician and quite the powerful psychic(however he still finds fighting when unnecessary a bother). Using a sharp intellect and observance to bend unfavorable situations to his will, even exploiting the quirks and characteristics of others if necessary. While again, he isn't wicked, he is however very opportunistic and willing use all of his resources to achieve his goals. This side Xavier, which is sheathed behind his lax and carefree attitude is only known to Lenora, Ambrose, and the 'mon above Ambrose in the chain of command. One may question question if such a keen mind is completely trustworthy. However, at the end of the day, his heart and loyalty is firmly planted in the resolve of the Gold Tribe and that's why he and his talents are so highly valued.

Spoiler:

Moves: Scald, Disable, Ice Beam, Protect
Other: Xavier has the ability Regenerator. His hobbies in his free time are reading various novels and tomes, meditating, or taking walks by himself or with others.​

I love him! I love him like Pierce, great job, well done! Xavier is accepted! I really hope you will have more time to invest with us and think over your characters, Hound.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Name: Alphus DeMago
Species: Blaziken
Title: Painter
Type Mastery: Fire
Nationality: Hesperian

Appearance:
Spoiler:

He wears a belt with a Gold Tribe insignia on it. On the belt he has two pouches attached that hold various painting tools such as brushes and pencils. On his back he wears a pack that holds a sketchbook for him to draw in whenever he is bored.

Personality: Have you ever met that one person that doesn't have to say one single word, yet he is able to convey all of his thoughts just with facial emotions? No? Then you have yet to meet Alphus in the flesh. The Blaziken isn't one for words since he is unable to speak even a single letter of the alphabet. Due to the difficulty curve in communicating with others Alphus has mostly had to rely on his friend Dean to speak for him. Of course this has often led to Alphus mostly putting on facial expressions for how he feels and having Dean interpret with words so that others can understand his unique language. Still, at most Alphus will use very basic sign language to try and communicate his point across should Dean be missing from a scene, but very few pokemon have learned how to sign and more often than not Alphus will end up frustrated as everyone around him will remain confused.

Due to the accident with his egg even advanced sign language is hard for him to enact. Written words pose just as much trouble with the Blaziken mostly writing out fractured sentences that make even casual readers cringe from the plethora of grammar mistakes. The one true way he can communicate with others is by drawing pictures. His accident might have taken away his speech capabilities, but it gifted him with the unique ability to retain all of his memories as if he had just experienced them the other day. With it he can draw pictures of items, people, and even of situations that better convey his complex thoughts to an audience.

The gift alone has made him famous across Exathor thanks to the unique way he is able to capture a mon's emotions in his numerous paintings. Despite the praise he gets Alphus continues to remain humble. He firmly believes in the fact that anyone can achieve their dreams if they try hard enough. He often finds himself being surrounded by supporters who believe his art is revolutionary in the terms of concerning true emotions held by real people, and not models that pose for a painter.

Although he tends to keep a calm mindset he can end up getting into fights with those who give unrealistic criticisms of his work or attempt to destroy his works of art. In battle Alphus relies on attacking from a distance and using various moves to keep up his evasion to avoid damage.

History: Alphus was born in Union City just a few years before the war of succession. Before he managed to hatch from his egg an accident happened. His egg fell and cracked slightly on the ground. Although the doctors had told his parents that no complications would arise complications did come up. Mainly in the fact that no matter how hard he tried Alphus was unable to speak. Subsequent visits to psychic doctors revealed that the part of his brain that communicated with others had been damaged thanks to the accident. Although he was able to clearly understand words, tones, and inflections on words, he was unable to duplicate the action. He likewise could clearly read, yet had a difficult time trying to write sentences on his own.

This disability sent him to remedial classes where he met his best friend, Dean. Unlike Alphus, Dean wasn't special in any way, rather he was just a lazy Poliwag that procrastinated all the time. The two formed a quick friendship with Dean mostly remaining dominant of Alphus. The water type got into the habit of interpreting, albeit loosely, what Alphus wanted and accompanied him everywhere to act as his unofficial translator.

By the time Alphus and Dean had become teenagers a talent began to bloom on the newly evolved Combusken. His parents quickly found out that Alphus' accident had also given him a gift, that of eidetic memory. His new hobby of sketching mainly involved him sketching out any memories he had. He was able to perfectly capture the emotions of a person's face, a technique that even astounded his art teacher at school. His parents, being scholars themselves, tried to push Alphus to instead take more literature classes. Instead he took more art classes to learn the important lessons of using color in his pieces of work.

During his art class his teacher encouraged him to make a few drawing for the upcoming art festival to be held in the city. Alphus decided to use memories which had occurred during the war of succession and painted them out in full detail. When the festival hit full swing the Combusken was quite surprised at the positive attention his art was receiving, especially those that depicted scenes of the riots that took place in Union City itself.

Alphus soon began to work full time on drawing from his memories, often focusing on drawing random people he would find on the streets and recording their emotions for his gallery that had been set up. It was during one vacation when he stumbled upon a scene of various Gold Tribe members who were fighting against a group of disruptive pokemon. During the fight he saw passion that he had never seen before and eagerly painted multiple scenes of the fight. His parents had always wanted him to finish his schooling, but they never specified which school they wanted him to go to. It came as a shock to everyone, even Dean when Alphus submitted an application to become a student at the EUCL. Dean of course tagged along as Alphus took class after class, his one desire not really to protect, but instead to observe those that fought around him and record their passion within his works.

During his time in the EUCL he was approached by the Emperor himself who requested that the Combusken paint a symbol for him. Not just any symbol though, it was to a symbol to represent the people of both Stygia and Hesperia. He spent many sleepless nights just staring at the flags before him until he finally fell into a deep sleep. In his dream he saw the image that he desperately needed and when he woke, with only a few minutes to spare before the deadline, he painted that which had been presented to him. The symbol was that of a Aggron's head and a Swellow's head.

The symbol was accepted and his new work of art only earned him more acclaim from the art community. It was only a few years after he had graduated when the first rebellion broke out and Alphus headed out to the battlefield. As he fought the enemy he captured many images during and after the battle that served to inspire him with a ferocity he had never felt before. When he arrived back in Union City he wasted no time in acquiring a large block of marble and shut himself off in solitude.

It was soon time for the next annual art festival and it was then that Alphus revealed his work of art, a marble slab the depicted scenes of bloodshed and victory at Deathbringer's Mark. Although his work brought him, once more, critical acclaim, it also caused many of his brothers and sisters to take heat for what had happened at the mark and be deemed slaughters of the people. It even earned him the ire of Ambrose, a general of the Gold Tribe… and the General in command of those who were stationed in Union City.

By the time the second rebellions came in Ambrose managed to manipulate Alphus into attacking him and used that as basis to not only keep Alphus in Union City as punishment, but also to forbid him from ever traveling outside of Union City while the rebellion was happening. Alphus brewed openly as Dean, and other GT who appreciated the arts, argued for Alphus' case.

Oddly enough Ambrose called for all GT to leave Union City and head to Amoon Village. As they left Alphus managed to smuggle out some drawing utensils and papers, hopefully to make more passionate drawings.

Moves: Sand Attack, Toxic, Double Team, Swagger

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
why hello there, I hear you're in search of more players.

in that case, I'll have a reservation.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
@Greigers Alphus DeMago is accepted, well done for a creative character

@Xilfer I'm waiting for you SU then

Taking a few days off, people (since O-Wan is away too). Lessons require my full attention just for a short time. I'll give each of you some info so you may continue posting.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
200px-132Ditto_Ranger3.png

"When life gives you lemons, just look at those lemons and appreciate them. Now when life gives you melons, that's a whole 'nother story."

Name: The "Dave" David
Species: Ditto
Title: Copycat
Type Mastery: Flying
Nationality: Stygian, Sukahen

Appearance:

Being a Ditto, Dave has over 700 different possible appearances. His normal, gooey form is as one might expect: a blob of purple mush with two black dots and a line for a face. When he isn't adopting the appearance of another nearby individual, Dave usually opts to become a Flying-type Pokemon. If not for the ability to utilize his Flying mastery, then simply because he enjoys flying through the sky.

Now, Dave can only transform into a Pokemon whose form he's completely and entirely memorized. It may sound easy, but it's harder than it seems. In battle he'll transform into more powerful Pokemon such as Skarmory, Charizard, Dragonite, or any fully-evolved Flyer that he can remember perfectly. However, when left to his own devices, he prefers to become smaller, less noticeable birds such as Pidgey, Starly or Chatot. In all cases he'll stick to the basic template of the species he's turning into, not adding any outstanding features. The only exception would be when he transforms into a particular individual. In order to get the transformation just right, Dave usually has to be able to see his subject, lest he transform into some warped version of the 'mon.

There are only two ways to tell you're talking to The David and not someone else. The first is that Dave is unable to copy any clothing or objects that his subject may have on their person. The other is his Gold Tribe emblem: a small badge he keeps on at all times. However, when transformed into someone else, he'll make an effort to hide it. It would be placed in odd areas such as behind the knee, in an armpit, or hidden behind a tuft of fur, depending on the form taken.

Personality:

Dave is considered a mysterious individual by most. Mainly because most 'mon can never tell when he's there until he wants them to know. Since he's a Ditto, it's hilariously easy for him to blend into crowds and simply observe events and people. In a way, he has almost complete control over his own presence. While he is good at being covert and likes to stay unnoticed, he hardly acts the part of a mysterious comrade when his presence is known. Among friends, Dave is undoubtedly cheerful, but also wild and flippant. Most find it difficult to get into a proper conversation with him, because he's prone to changing the topic on a whim, loves to act immaturely or nonsensically whenever he feels like it, and seems to have a rather short attention span.

Despite his behavior, he does tend to get serious when the going gets tough, and seems to have enough will left in him to fight for the Gold Tribe when need be.

Dave has trouble taking anything seriously. To him, everything that goes on around him feels more like an act or a play than real life. Because of this, he maintains a certain detachment from everything and everyone around him. He focuses more on entertaining himself with the people and events that come his way, rather than actually caring or doing anything about them. In a way, he could be considered apathetic to the world around him. From time to time, he prefers to stay distant and observe, simply because he feels more like it. However, eventually this becomes boring, so he makes an effort to interact with Pokemon and participate in events. When he does, he tries to enjoy himself as much as possible, often excessively. Dave also makes a point to stay informed of goings-on as much as possible.

His habit of observing things, particularly Pokemon, from the crowds has made him very good at it. Not only is he a keen observer, but he has also developed powerful deductive abilities. He can easily draw conclusions about the nature of something - again, particularly Pokemon - from information presented to him, even if that information is minimal. He can be wrong, and he's fine with that; in reality it's the deducing and theorizing that enthralls him more than actually getting it right.

Ever since his youth, Dave has been a prankster through and through. He thoroughly enjoys messing with others' heads and playing mind games with other Pokemon, most often against their will or without their consent. One of his favorite methods is to antagonize or provoke others, but he also likes to play tricks that elicit fear or surprise from them. Or, when bored, he simply resorts to playing childish pranks that give him a good laugh. In a sense, it can be considered a form of bullying: he'll pick a target and attempt to draw out the desired response, whatever it may be. He rarely feels regret or remorse for these actions. To Dave, this is little more than a past-time or a harmless game.

Dave is actually a very cynical individual, even if he doesn't show it. He has little hope for Exathor and its future, and possesses a hidden disdain for Stygia and its brutal ways. He also has his issues with the Hesperian way of life, seeing their 'Absolute Justice' as complete nonsense that opposes the dark side of Pokemon nature; something inherent which he believes one cannot totally rid themselves of. Once, he believed in enforcing unity and combining the two cultures to create something better, but he has long since abandoned those hopes.

History:

The David's true origins are unknown, both to his adopted parents and himself. For most of his childhood, he was raised by a pair of Unfezant known as The Johnny and The Stacy, as a member of the Sukahen Tribe. The Johnny, or simply 'John' was descended from a prestigious Stygian family living in the third district of Alamagna. They distinguished themselves by switching their first and last names, so that 'The' was always their first name. The family was well-known and rich thanks to their long lineage of successful merchants, but when John decided he wanted to become an explorer instead, he set out to Pyrgos to learn from their many libraries and study at their universities. It was here he met Stacy, and despite his detachment from his lineage, he chose to carry on the 'The' name in marriage. It was during one of his ventures out into the desert with a company of six 'mon that he encountered the Ditto who would soon become The David.

The David was quickly given the nickname 'Dave' by his peers, since calling him 'The' was obviously rather strange. Growing up was rather odd, seeing as he had to constantly transform into the Pokemon around him in order to remain mobile. For the first few years he couldn't properly memorize a specific form, so he often transformed into strange deformations of Pokemon, much to his embarrassment. The first form he truly managed to remember, at age seven, was his mother's. So, most of the time, he was seen walking or flying around as her, and some friends of the family who would talk with both individuals could no longer tell the difference until they asked who it was they were talking to. It was during this time that Dave discovered his affinity for the Flying type, becoming able to use moves that his mother did not even know.

As a member of the Sukahen Tribe, Dave immersed himself in knowledge, much like his father. Even at a young age, he was able to grasp such concepts as battle strategy, and quick gained a large amount of knowledge on Exathian history. He also became fascinated by Pokemon biology, and memorized many forms he could later transform into. The more he learned about the world he lived in, the more he began to develop ideals. He knew of the Gold Tribe and their efforts to maintain unity and peace throughout the land, which he thought coincided with his own ideals on how the world should be. It wasn't long before he enthusiastically convinced Stacy to travel with him to Union City and attend the Exathian College of Unity and Liberty.

Like much of the rest of his life up to that point, Dave's schooling was awkward. Being a Ditto, the instructors were unsure of how to teach him, seeing as he didn't have a specific type or even form. And they couldn't teach a blob of goo anything useful either. Ultimately, after taking several tests to determine what he would work best with, it was decided that Dave would be taught how to fight as a Flying type, and was restricted to transforming into only Flying-types during his stay at ECUL. As far as the instructors knew, Dave did just that. However being a rather troublesome boy, he would often adopt the forms of others, and use them to prank students and staff alike. He was often suspected, but never actually caught, since there was never any incriminating evidence found against him. The one time he did get caught in the act, he managed to blackmail the student he'd been impersonating into taking the blame later on.

Aside from the hiccups in the form of pranks and other mischievous acts, Dave's education went rather smoothly. He quickly grew accustomed to using the forms of various bird Pokemon to their fullest capacity, and even began to use forms such as Charizard and Salamence.

Dave graduated from the ECUL, and he became Copycat of the Gold Tribe. With his goals still in mind, he planned to create a better Exathor by helping the Gold Tribe achieve its goal. Alas, that was not meant to be. At the age of 25, The David found himself sucked into the first Stygian Rebellion.

He had learned of war; of wars past and battles present. He had learned fighting techniques and was trained to kill, but despite all that, knowledge was nothing compared to experience. During the battle at Deathbringer's Mark, he lost many of those he called friends; people he had grown up with, trained alongside, and graduated with in the ECUL. Not to mention, the many Stygians he was required to kill. True, they were not of his tribe, but they were still Stygian. Their actions made him question what it was he was trying to accomplish. He had previously believed that bringing together the overly peaceful ways and the overly violent ways of Hesperia and Stygia was the recipe for true balance, but upon seeing true battle for the first time, he began to reconsider his ideals. What was the point of unity if it was forced? The Hesperians were clearly unwilling to give up their ways just as the Stygians were, and after this battle, he began to doubt the effectiveness of the Gold Tribe. Was it really a combination of the positive and the negative they were trying to achieve, as he had previously believed? Or was it just too similar to what the Hesperians wanted?

His continuing career as a Gold Tribe member saw his doubts grow in size and number, until he was no longer sure what to think. Eventually, he just gave up. Perhaps his convictions simply hadn't been strong enough, but Dave had decided that the affairs of Exathor no longer concerned him. Despite this, he remained with the Gold Tribe, if only to entertain himself. His views slowly twisted into something else; he began to see himself as above it all, beyond the need to worry for life. Battle, death, other Pokemon, all of it became just another thing for The David to observe.

Moves: Transform (When Transformed, he uses whatever moves the copied Pokemon may have. When transformed into a Flying-type, he knows all the Flying moves that Pokemon can learn in addition to any moves it knows.)

Other: Limber. His ability that is.

RP Sample: From 'The Revelations'

Spoiler:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Half arsed sign-ups ftw? Sorry they're not longer or more detailed. I have no idea what I was doing. *cries*

By the Honor of Gold . . .

Name: Zeru Caelestis Draki
Species: Noivern
Title: Discordia
Type Mastery: Flying
Nationality: Stygian, the Eshir Tribe, from Ascanfell

Appearance:
One thing Zeru prides himself in is his grooming: he's always spotless and his coat is kept gleaming. The moment dirt gets on him, he finds a way to wash it off. It's the first thing he does even after battle. Beyond his cleanliness, the only things of particular note that make him standout from others of his kind are a small tear in his right wing and the fact that the fur around his neck is longer and fluffier than average. He wears a gold bangle around his right angle and a scarf patterned like a Sylveon, gifted to him by Lilith.​
Personality:
Zeru is a prideful pokémon, living up to his Stygian heritage. This pride, however, is shallow, reaching only skin deep. Beneath it, he's still just a naïve child with a playful streak. He feigns a rough exterior in order to fit in among Stygians, but he lets loose when he's around those he trusts. While he's intelligent and a fine warrior, no one would expect this of him when he's just being himself, thinking him more childish and unversed in the ways of life than anything else. Still, his friendly demeanor and cheerful ways make him come off as trustworthy, and he's not hard to get along with. He's polite and he doesn't like to hurt people emotionally, and he will stand against those that do.

But when it comes time for battle, he's no one to underestimate. He is cunning and tactical, and he strikes fast and hard. He's both ruthless and merciful, depending on the situation and who he's fighting. He hates cruelty in all of its forms, and he will lash out against it whenever possible. Because of this, he's not always proud of his Stygian roots, but he knows that strength and honor can come from kindness and mercy, and forgiveness is part of that.​
History:
Zeru was born in the Stygian city of Ascanfell, the indestructible home of the Eshir tribe. He was raised under their concepts of honor and order, learning from day one that it was his strength that mattered, and nothing else. If he were to gain renown, he would need to prove his strength. If he wished to make his family proud, he would need to prove his strength. If he wanted to mate and raise a family of his own, he would need to prove his strength. All he knew from a very young age was training to become stronger, but it just never suited him very well. The only time that he had ever been remotely close to his parents was when he was learning to fly, and hadn't yet displayed his ineptitude for strength. He was raised with two older brothers and a younger sister, and they all surpassed him greatly in every area. He knew he was a disappointment, and he knew from a young age that he would never fit in here with his family. They would never be proud of him. They could never want him.

So, after failing so many times over so many years, Zeru finally flew the coop when he was fifteen years old. He flew far and with no direction. All he knew was that he had to get away, to hide his shame and never look upon his old home again. He couldn't. It was no longer an option.

After flying around for months, he eventually came upon Union City. He wandered around its grande structures for a few weeks before he finally came across the Exathian College of Union and Liberty. When he found it, one thought lodged itself in his head: perhaps here he could prove himself. Perhaps here he could gain the strength he needed and make his family proud. Even if he could never go back to them and show what he had become, he could use the strength he would accrue and make a name for himself. Perhaps they'd hear of his feats one day, and they wouldn't hate him any longer. With that in mind, he enrolled in the college on the eve of his sixteenth birthday.

While his strength was initially lacking, his personal ideals and his tactical abilities proved the perfect tools in gaining standing within the college. He was friendly and lovable, and he could sketch out great battle plans better than what most others could come up with. He didn't realize it, but he had potential, and his instructors saw this. They trained him for months, years, and eventually he was up to par in every area. After a while he even began to surpass his classmates, and became one of the top students in his class. He was becoming strong, and nothing made him happier.

Nothing other than Lilith. He met her six years after joining the college, when he was twenty-two. The two quickly became excellent friends, training together and honing their skills and cooperative abilities. It wasn't long before they went everywhere together, and they displayed levels of teamwork beyond any of the other students. They made the perfect pair, and they stuck together until they had both graduated.

Zeru graduated when he was twenty-five, a year before Lilith did. During that year he would go on low ranking missions as he made the conversion to being a full member of the Gold Tribe, and waited for Lilith to join him. When she did, they resumed their teamwork as warriors of the Gold Tribe, and it wasn't long before they had made a bit of a name for themselves. They weren't the strongest members of the Gold Tribe, but they were loved and they gained respect among their brethren. They continue to work together, fighting alongside the others of the Gold Tribe as the war wages on.​
Moves: Boomburst - Dragon Pulse - Flamethrower - Focus Blast
Other: He's a big baby.

background image by darkheroic of deviantART

. . . Two May Join the Fray

Name: Lilith Fay Woodward
Species: Sylveon
Title: Harmonia
Type Mastery: Fairy
Nationality: Stygian, the Otori Tribe, from Amoon

Appearance:
As graceful as they come, Lilith doesn't really stand out from others of her kind. She's a bit of a runt, appearing smaller than most others, but that doesn't affect her too much. She has defined muscles from years of training, but they only help to display her elegance. She wears her Gold Tribe insignia as an anklet around her left foreleg, and she can often be seen wearing a cape imitating Noivern's scarf fur, gifted to her by Zeru.​
Personality:
A friendly soul at her core, Lilith goes out of her way to spread kindness and cheer to others. She's not always successful, though; she can be easily irritated at times, and she can be quick to open her mouth before thinking things through. Still, she tries, and she sticks by her convictions no matter how hopeless things look. She will protect her friends until the bitter end, and she will make sure that those she loves are able to live joyously, no matter the cost.

She's not the best at thinking things through, but she's excellent at carrying things out. If someone can come up with a plan, you can bet that she'll make sure it's executed perfectly. She's trained herself for years to move at blinding speeds, at the cost of the fact that she can't really take a hit. She uses her speed to her advantage and avoids as much direct conflict as she can. It's a tactic that may seem cowardly at times, but should it risk putting someone else in danger, she'll stick around to fight, and she's not against using it to gain the element of surprise.​
History:
Born and raised in the Stygian village of Amoon, Lilith was expected to be a pious youth from the very start. Despite her love for her village and her reverence for the forest and life around it, she never was interested in being faithful to Arceus. While the idea of god such as Arceus could be comforting, it just wasn't her cup of tea. Still, she played along in her youth, learning the ways of her village as she helped nurture the forest and opened herself up to others. She became the nice little Eevee she was meant to be, and for the most part she enjoyed it, but there were times when she didn't feel like she was where she was supposed to be; she wasn't entirely devoted to their way of life. She deviated sometimes, wasn't always as amiable as she could be, and so she couldn't put in one hundred percent to that life. So, when she was old enough, she traveled to Union City, seeking a new way of life.

It was this need for a new way of living that brought her to the Exathian College of Union and Liberty, where hopefuls for the Gold Tribe study. She began her studies there at the age of sixteen. She didn't exactly excel at first, but she got by, learning the ways of the Gold Tribe ad how to uphold their ideals. Her usually friendly demeanor was helpful in her learning, and she soon found that her ideals fit in well with those of the Gold Tribe. As she trained and got stronger, she felt that she had discovered a place where she belonged; a place where she could fight to defend those that couldn't help themselves, a place where friendliness and honor were expected and encouraged, but didn't outweigh everything else in life. And it was here that she met her best friend, Zeru.

Zeru was a Noivern a few years older than herself, yet more immature than she was. They met when she was seventeen, about a year after she had joined the college, and they quickly became good friends. They stuck together and trained with one another, becoming a team. After a while they were practically inseparable, and they stayed together all the way through graduation from the college and beyond.

Lilith graduated and became a full fledged member of the Gold Tribe when she was twenty one, just under five years after she'd began her training. Now she fights under the banner of the Gold Tribe, alongside Zeru.​
Moves: Dig - Psyshock - Shadow Ball - Light Screen
Other: Her relationship with Zeru is completely and totally platonic, sisterly, if you will. Just so you know.
Roleplay Sample

background image by darkheroic of deviantART

Last edited:
Back