• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a quick question, can i use ANY Strategy with my pokemon?
    You can use pretty much any strategy you want. Well, except for full Baton Pass teams, SwagPlay, and Funbro, since those are banned per the rules we're using. But anything else is fine.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    You can use pretty much any strategy you want. Well, except for full Baton Pass teams, SwagPlay, and Funbro, since those are banned per the rules we're using. But anything else is fine.
    I know what Baton passing is, but Idk about the others. Could you provide me a link to read about them, and can i use 1 or 2 staller pokemon. (I will most likely use 1).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I know what Baton passing is, but Idk about the others. Could you provide me a link to read about them, and can i use 1 or 2 staller pokemon. (I will most likely use 1).
    SwagPlay is basically using Swagger and Foul Play (and Thunder Wave) together on a Pokemon with Prankster. Funbro is a Slowbro that causes a never ending battle by having a Leppa Berry, Heal Pulse, Recycle, and Block.

Stall is a legit playstyle, so go ahead with that if you want.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    SwagPlay is basically using Swagger and Foul Play (and Thunder Wave) together on a Pokemon with Prankster. Funbro is a Slowbro that causes a never ending battle by having a Leppa Berry, Heal Pulse, Recycle, and Block.

Stall is a legit playstyle, so go ahead with that if you want.

Lol Thanks! Now i can slowly deteriorate challengers without mercy.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    if there would be a spot available, i would like to get informed about this. Since my friend will be joining the forums soon (like tomorrow or something haha). I spoke to Zekrom about it :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I now have a pair of 5IV Larvitar options. One lacks HP, the other lacks Special Defense. I'll level but then rebreed the Special Defense and then it's on the team.

It's amazing how many options I have for Mega Stones with Dark types. Three between just Mawile, Absol, and Tyranitar.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I now have a pair of 5IV Larvitar options. One lacks HP, the other lacks Special Defense. I'll level but then rebreed the Special Defense and then it's on the team.

It's amazing how many options I have for Mega Stones with Dark types. Three between just Mawile, Absol, and Tyranitar.
    Don't forget Houndoom for Dark and Gardevoir for Fairy :D

How would type-changing Megas work in terms of which gyms can use them? For example, would M-Gyarados be allowed in the Flying gym or Dark gym even though it doesn't have that type before/after Mega Evolving?

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
    Don't forget Houndoom for Dark and Gardevoir for Fairy :D

How would type-changing Megas work in terms of which gyms can use them? For example, would M-Gyarados be allowed in the Flying gym or Dark gym even though it doesn't have that type before/after Mega Evolving?

I actually asked Polar about this when we went to Bronycon together. If your poke'mon can mega evolve but it changes type, whatever type your poke'mon mega-evos into, at least one of them has to be the same type as the gym types you represent.

So no, mega Gyarados can't be used in a flying gym.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    Cakesu is making all the badges for us, and they're gonna be awesome.
    That is Great! And how do we get to be a member on the elite four? Is it already too late? And if it is I'm fine with it. I'm just glad to be apart of this!!!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    That is Great! And how do we get to be a member on the elite four? Is it already too late? And if it is I'm fine with it. I'm just glad to be apart of this!!!
    It's a little late now to be an Elite 4 member, but if a spot opens up someday and you're skilled enough, you might be able to become one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    It's a little late now to be an Elite 4 member, but if a spot opens up someday and you're skilled enough, you might be able to become one.
    Lol Okay :). I just have to breed one more pokemon, and level it up and i will be finished.

Quick question... Can i mix up my team? say three fairy pokemon, and three normal.

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Just a reminder- once again, so nobody is unprepared or surprised when this happens, Beta for the league starts tomorrow, Monday August 18th. If you are a leader or elite - be prepared to accept challengers starting then. Try to respond to people and battle at least once a day if you can, and don't let challenges pile up if possible. ^^

All challenges will be made in the new thread for the Prism League, which should pop up late today or tomorrow, and this one will be used for discussion and questions from now on.

Oblivion Wing

Years
    Just a reminder- once again, so nobody is unprepared or surprised when this happens, Beta for the league starts tomorrow, Monday August 18th. If you are a leader or elite - be prepared to accept challengers starting then. Try to respond to people and battle at least once a day if you can, and don't let challenges pile up if possible. ^^

All challenges will be made in the new thread for the Prism League, which should pop up late today or tomorrow, and this one will be used for discussion and questions from now on.

i work tomorrow from 2-10 pm so anything after that I'll be OKLOL.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Don't worry, we don't all HAVE to be on even at all tomorrow, but we need at least a few people to be available for at least a while tomorrow, and wether it be the same people or different ones, a few people the day after that as well.

Basically, as long as there's available opponents for people to challenge, and nobody goes missing for weeks at a time, it'll work out.

You do NOT need to be available every day, or all day at any time, as long as you're present enough to keep multiple challengers waiting for a match with you for several days.

Oblivion Wing

Years
    Don't worry, we don't all HAVE to be on even at all tomorrow, but we need at least a few people to be available for at least a while tomorrow, and wether it be the same people or different ones, a few people the day after that as well.

Basically, as long as there's available opponents for people to challenge, and nobody goes missing for weeks at a time, it'll work out.

You do NOT need to be available every day, or all day at any time, as long as you're present enough to keep multiple challengers waiting for a match with you for several days.

This should be posted in the OP for the new thread. Very important that we have this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back