• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads; A Johto Story (new OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
btw:

Sand-Attack > Growl on Combusken, and Take Down > Helping Hand on lilpup.

O:
Yay, I'll edit!

Also, remember you can evolve your Mareep whenever 8) if you want to.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Hey guys, Adventure said I was able to post this if I wanted!

I am sorry this took so long though. I had several tests over the weekend that could possibly help me with scholarships. It doesn't help that I've been off my game when it comes to writing as of late. I hope I didn't hold anything up!​

Untitled_zps9df3b65f.png
Name: Riley Lewis
Starter: Abra (W/ Psychic)

Family: Currently, Riley lives in Cherrygrove with his parents and two younger siblings. Both of his parents currently have Pokemon of their own and lead typical lives. His father works in the Violet City Pokemon School, choosing to use his life experiences in order to help students and young trainers. His mother, however, currently works as a police officer in the Cherrygrove area. Home life is relatively easy. They live in a good neighborhood, eat dinner together, etc., all the qualities of a normal, well-built family. Like many parents, his choose to push him as much as they can. This is mostly just to make him the best he can be, but Riley sometimes feels it's as if they're trying to live their dreams through him and his older brother.

His older brother, Stephan, is currently on his own journey in the Sinnoh region. His brother was always a big influence on him throughout his life. He was the protector when their parents were gone and the like. Riley feels like Stephan's shadow is something that he must push himself out of. If he can beat his brother, he believes he can do anything. His two younger siblings, twins, are currently in preschool. He hopes he can be as much of an influence on them just like their oldest brother was on him.

Goals and interests: After the constant urging from his parents, as well as their many stories of "the glory days," it's easy to see why Riley would want to become a trainer. Exploring, meeting people and pokemon, and the journey… He can barely resist! However, this isn't all that he wants to do with his life. Past the typical aspirations of a trainer, Riley wants to make a name for himself;it will be one that will never be forgotten. Whether he'll accomplish this by being an amazing Pokemon trainer or by making a difference in the world, Riley will not stop until his name is in the history books. He'll accomplish what his parents did not. Heck, maybe he'll even surpass his brother. On a smaller scale, he has also had several dreams of becoming a widely-known Professor when his journey is over permanently. However, he believes that in order to reach such a prestigious position, he must first achieve something of equal value. Making a name for yourself would count as such, would it not?

He seems to spend most of it time working with Pokemon, taking care of those that are at school. Past anything having to do with Pokemon, Riley is slightly interested in writing. He hoping that if anything, he can eventually write about his journey and/or the people he has met.

Rival: Though there were many kids in the Pokemon School whom Riley would call a rival, there was no one who fit the description better than a girl named Charlotte. Smart and hard-working, she gave most a run for their money, whether it be during practical or written tests. She was one of Riley's first friends and have been ever since. Though they often have different viewpoints on certain subjects, the two are most often seen together, their arguments never lasting longer than a day. She planned to leave around the same time as Riley and thought that a friendly rivalry would be good for them. Riley can still remember her teasingly saying, "I guess we'll finally see who is the best."

Strengths: Having a family that pushes him to be than he is, Riley is known to accomplish what is expected of him. Whether it be in the Pokemon School or at home, he was pushed to think outside the box. His parents wanted him to be analytical and resourceful and then use those traits to be a better trainer. Despite being a people pleaser when it comes to his parents, he is rather outspoken, never wanting his opinion to go unnoticed unless he absolutely has no place to talk. This goes to show that deep down, Riley is caring of others. He will do anything to protect those whom he calls friend.

Weaknesses: Riley has a problem with being in the spotlight. (Likely due to the constant wants from his parents.) He likes to show off, often going to extremes in order to do it. The extremes push him close to the edge, many times having put him or someone else in danger. At first glance, it makes him seem cocky and pushes others away. As such, it is rare for him to find any good friends. No one ever seems to stick around long enough to consider who he is past the surface.

Roleplay sample: One of my latest posts as well as from my last Journey RP.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8362687&postcount=19

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey guys, Adventure said I was able to post this if I wanted!

I am sorry this took so long though. I had several tests over the weekend that could possibly help me with scholarships. It doesn't help that I've been off my game when it comes to writing as of late. I hope I didn't hold anything up!​

Untitled_zps9df3b65f.png
Name: Riley Lewis
Thinking "out of the box" you say, "He will do anything to protect those whom he calls friend." you say. Standard SU phrases :p I think I've been GMing too much over these past years, haha... I used that box phrase in my own SU (Aberdeen Montany) here in Crossroads.

But it's okay. If you have a clear picture of how you want to play this character, it'll be great. You are accepted with Riley and Abra. Welcome to the RP, Kirk! Now I can finally add you to the Skype group :p

So... Read through earlier chapters, please. If you don't feel like going through the whole RP (which I totally understand, gosh) read the chapter descriptions ^^ They are linked to in the IC OP. Are there any pokémon from earlier chapters you would like to own?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So, hello! We're working on JPs. But what is Kirk doing? If you don't want to post alone, join up with some of us by all means. But if you don't want that either, how do you want to post?

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I wasn't actually quite sure whether the RP had progressed to the next day or not... Sorry about that! (If only timezones didn't make it hard to communicate...)

I'd be happy to work with others, but it really depends on whether or not they need another person. Either way, I may need some info on what I need to include! Thanks Rika!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I wasn't actually quite sure whether the RP had progressed to the next day or not... Sorry about that! (If only timezones didn't make it hard to communicate...)

I'd be happy to work with others, but it really depends on whether or not they need another person. Either way, I may need some info on what I need to include! Thanks Rika!
There's info in the last chapter description, for Azalea. You can do whatever you want, but you need to either go to the gym and challenge Bugsy (and show him your shiny starter) or go to visit the research lab and meet Kurt (and show him your shiny starter). Then the chapter post tells you what'll happen :)

We're 3 in one JP and 4 in one right now, but my group will split up in 2 - 2 soon enough.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Morgan's gym battle is posted! Here, you can get an idea of how Bugsy would act when he tells you to come to the meetup.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wooly is officially removed now. :( 7 players we are.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Okay, so! Got a few future JPs planned. Christina is officially booked for the next two chapters!

Attack on the Rocket Hideout: I'm gonna team up with Kirk for this and ruin some Rockets' day.

Ilex Forest: Melody and Christina are going to take off into the depths of the forest together, travelling for the first time in... oof, a long time, for sure.

For Goldenrod, I've got a thing planned with Christian's Vincent, but it's not gonna take up the entire town/chapter, so from then on, I have no other plans :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay for Aberdeen I'm just waiting for Chapter 8 to commence really. Might make another post. I do want to JP with Greiger and trade pokémon because it would be good if it happened before Chapter 8 ^^

I don't recall who I would pair up with for Chapter 8 aka Slowpoke Well/TR base. I guess I'll take anyone who wants me and Deen? :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Okay for Aberdeen I'm just waiting for Chapter 8 to commence really. Might make another post. I do want to JP with Greiger and trade pokémon because it would be good if it happened before Chapter 8 ^^

I don't recall who I would pair up with for Chapter 8 aka Slowpoke Well/TR base. I guess I'll take anyone who wants me and Deen? :3

Hm, why don't we pair up? More Deen/Morg shinanegans? C:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
True true. I'm looking over my battle post now. I really am aiming to get it up today. I will get it done!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Firstly, chapter 8 looks -sweet-. Can't wait to get started!

Secondly, yes, I -definitely- want Christina on event #2, so good call :3

Thirdly, I -was- hoping that Christina would get to do it with Riley, but it -would- make sense for Melody to join her, since she had a Pokémon stolen, and Riley didn't. (At least as far as I can remember?) I guess it's up to Alby and Kirk to decide what they want to do :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I'm fine either way, if Kirk would rather have Riley do event one or go to two with Christina. That said, I kinda would like Melody to be there when Napoleon is saved though. But it's not required by any means. ;o

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It's completely fine for me if Riley and Melody switch, I just thought like Basty yeah, that Tina and Melody probably would want to be there.

Also please don't rush the beginning of chapter 8 now, I mostly put it up to rush the people still on chapter 7, myself included! I have one more chapter 7 post to go.

EDIT: OKAY DONE WITH CHAPTER 7! I edited Ab's last post so it's now super long and has a pic of his new clothes at the end :3

Also I updated the OP in this thread to feature Riley at last haha. And I also updated Aberdeen's SU a bit to feature his team and a new pic of his new, serious self.

GREIGER hi, if Aberdeen has a Psyduck (or two) out of its pokéball when they meet at the pokémon center, can Blaine (or Derpy) take the initiative and suggest a trade there and then?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 7, 2020
EXCUSE ME FOR TRYING TO JOIN. BETTER LUCK FOR ME NEXT TIME

Last edited:
Back