• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
  • Updated my signup, upon revisions agree that they were a tad short so now you have short books! (I'm kidding of course, they're not THAT long. I did however break my fingernail whilst using the on screen keypad because my keyboard is being borrowed :3)

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Name: John Pryor

Hometown: Alazea Town

Appearance: John is a fairly average human being, the only things that stand out about himself at all are his carrot orange hair, and the permanent creases in his cheeks that make him look like he is constantly sneering. He hates those creases so much, they are one of the things that he is most self conscious about. He prefers to wear a dull blue sweater, even when in sweltering hot climates to cover up the embarrassing shirts that his dad sent him away with. For colder climates he has an extra equally thin sweatshirt, which he piles on the other. John is around five feet nine inches and has very much finished growing upwards. He is not particularly skinny, nor particularly, well anything. He carries an uncomfortably weighted backpack which is way more heavy on the right, giving him minor scoliosis. His backpack has a phrase on it that reads, "All Hail Lord Blarzigord"

Personality: John is very withdrawn inside himself. Not quite an introvert, he welcomes other human beings. He just doesn't put himself out there. At all. When he was forced on the boat by his father he became ridiculously home sick on the first night. And the second. And the third. John is also gay, although he hasn't totally come to terms with this fact. It certainly doesn't help his shelled up personality, as he is always doubting himself, especially when hormones are high and he is confused. No one but himself knows this. As a result of all this, he escapes in the great outdoors. Sometimes John will sit in one place for hours upon hours, just listening to the noises around him. He's not a great fan of technology, and for the life of him can't fathom how it works. Pokeballs confuse him, and so he tries to stay away from them, mostly keeping Phoebe out of hers. He doesn't bother using a Pokedex either. The only technology that he cherishes is his X-Transciever which he uses to remain in contact with his best friend, Cherry, while abroad; and his dad, too.

Battle Style: John's battling style is one of total abandon. While battling the adrenaline pumps through his body, and he forgets all about his little insecurities, instead opting for a kill everything or die trying technique. Of course, this is generally a terrible idea, because he always ends up being bested by a more calm and collected trainer.

History: John's mother died at an early age while she was in a ferry accident. She was an archeologist, and was traveling to a far off island. She left from Olivine and was due back in a week. The remains of the ship were found days later, destroyed. All bodies were recovered and marked dead. This didn't have as large a toll on John, surprisingly. Life went on, and he was only five. He didn't really know her. So, his father did his best to take care of the little boy, at least he had no siblings, so he was able to support John. As a fifteenth birthday present John received Phoebe, the adoption fee was a total of 100.00$. She was bought from a mill at the end of the cutoff, saving her from euthanasia. Recently his father put him on a boat to Sinnoh and said good luck. His father recognized how he enjoyed the outdoors and battling, and thought that a trip around Sinnoh would be perfect for him. John disagrees.

Starter Pokemon:
    Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]
    - Phoebe ♀
    Moves: Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Iron Head
    Stomp
    Sandstorm

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I will respond to any updates or posts in about thirty minutes. I need to eat dinner real quick.

I just submitted the IC thread! It took me a while because Sandgem is a weird location, so I'm having Twinleaf, Lake Verity, and all of the surrounding routes open to start. If you are accepted, you may post right away.

Edit:

@Oddball_ is accepted!

@Ewery1 is accepted! Just try to not take any of him being homosexual too far. Also know, while Phoebe knows a move like earthquake, it can't be overwhelmingly powerful. The earthquake (for now) would be more of the power of a magnitude 4 or 5.

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • @Ewery1 is accepted! Just try to not take any of him being homosexual too far.

Yay! Don't worry, it's just going to be an underlying thing to keep him even more conflicted and confused. I probably won't ever actually outrightly mention it at all in the IC thread.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I had planned on including a contest event/mission in Hearthome and one in Snowpoint.

If there is enough demand, I'll consider adding a couple more.

For anyone editing a WIP SU, make a new post letting me know you are finished, so I know. Otherwise, I might not check it or I'll accept/decline a WIP.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Only reason I didn't choose Mudkip is because I always choose Mudkip. I wanted to change it up this time.

Question for Cayo, how is Mega Evolution going to be handled?

Doh! Forgot about mentioning that. For now, mega evolution is just making its way to Sinnoh. It will be brought into the plot much later. I'll edit the thread when i can reach my laptop.

Years
  • Doh! Forgot about mentioning that. For now, mega evolution is just making its way to Sinnoh. It will be brought into the plot much later. I'll edit the thread when i can reach my laptop.

Okay, cool. I like the idea of making it a plot point. Just wondering, since my starter is capable.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Sorry for the double post, but the IC thread is up! You may all go post now! Just remember, you have to receive the Pokedex and 5 pokeballs from Prof.Rowan at his lab.

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • I placed my first post in. I feel proud of myself! Anywho, Mark's pokedex data got transferred to the new one and captured his second pokemon. Not to mention, he might bang into Cyrus.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Name:Max Ramsey
    Hometown: Vermillion City
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Exactly like this except with closed toed shoes
    His height is about 5"8
    Personality: Max is easily distracted, and not entirely bright. He seem to transform when in a Pokemon battle however, he becomes strategic and focused. His super chilled nature is his biggest strength as it makes him easily likable and calm in usually panicked situations-it can also be his biggest weakness since he is more likely to take risks.
    Battle Style: Max enjoys scoping out his opponents weakness before employing his own. Because of this he is better suited to training bulkier pokemon who can take more hits early on. Again this relates back to his cool nature. He will be reluctant to take a pokemon out of a battle just because of type effectiveness. He is very quick on his feet and adaptable.
    History: As a child in Vermillion he spent a lot of time staring out into the ocean, as it was calming for him. This was interrupted by the large ships that used to dock there Bi-weekly(Twice a week). This inspired him to use his wit to start scamming tourists who came to the region, developing his skills of improvisation. His parents were almost never around; but he knew that every 16 ships that docked in vermillion meant his parents would be returning, a feeling that got less and less exciting with each visit. After hearing from a trainer in his city about the journeys that people embarked on in the Sinnoh region, he decided to sneak on one of the ships and make his way there himself.
    Starter:
    Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]

Pokemon:Chespin Nickname:Brycen
    Male
    Moveset
    Vine Whip
    Bite
    Take Down
    Pin Missile
    Seed Bomb
    Drain Punch

All hail Lord Blarzigold

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    @Likarus Sorry, but please go back and edit your post. All capture posts need to end open ended with the Pokemon in the pokeball and I will decide whether or not it is captured.

This is a reminder to everyone now. End all of your capture posts open endedly and I will determine whether or not the pokemon was captured

@SYDAXARO220 Is pending.. All you have to do is go down to 6 moves and check the last rule. Everything else is fine. I'm sure you read the rules, but just forgot.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    @SYDAXARO220 Is pending.. All you have to do is go down to 6 moves and check the last rule. Everything else is fine. I'm sure you read the rules, but just forgot.

My bad, I misread the last rule. I've changed my move-set to six now aswell

Back