• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokémon United [M][OOC]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Pokémon United
IC

wJNvWUA.png

Story

There are legends born throughout the world, trainers triumphing Champions, Ancient Pokémon awakening, time and space distorted itself, even Pokémon liberation. In every situation presented, there was always someone out there who would write any wrongdoings. They weren't alone, however. They always had their Pokémon by their side. Not just Pokémon, friends, legends, there was always help nearby. Some trainers come and go, to compete in contests, to relax peacefully at home, to continue exploring the vast regions the world has to offer. Their stories are always told by many and some are recorded. When they are, new chapters are written by new faces, with many dangers lurking in every corner. Present day, & everything is at peace, but not for long. There have been reports of people being kidnapped mysteriously, & strangely enough, they leave the kidnapped's Pokemon behind for some reason. This is happening worldwide, & none of the missing have been found so far. Cities & towns have been tightening up security, but they have had little to no success so far. If you're gonna go out at night, be careful.

You

You are a Pokémon Trainer who wants to be the very best, or you want to shine on stage, or you just want some peace and quiet from all the struggles. Whoever you are, you have the power to shape your own story, your own destiny. It all depends on what you do and what it tells about you. Your story starts in any small town, or somewhere in the mountains or forests. Either way, your journey starts here & now.

Sign-Up

Spoiler:

Example

Spoiler:

Rules
  • Follow all the rules that apply.
  • This RP is rated M so watch carefully what you post. You can help or harm people or Pokemon, but don't harm special characters, & don't be too violent.
  • Be fair. No one likes you if you're too OP.
  • In Pokemon Battles, you must initiate your turn & wait for the RPer to reply how they deal with it. If you're the one deciding how to handle the opponent's moves, consider the Pokemon's type, any held items, abilities, etc & decide how to retaliate, & vice versa.
  • Outside of Pokemon Battles, you can do whatever you want with your Pokemon. Other facilities will offer ways to enjoy yourself. (See the facilities for there own special rules.)
  • This is a sandbox RP. You may explore areas freely if they're available. There will of course involve a plot for the RP & give everyone something to look forward to if your character isn't doing anything.
  • Swearing is allowed, but don't go overboard.
  • No godmodding.
  • No bunnying unless you have permission.
  • Must post at least once a week.
  • Be respectful of everyone.
  • Have fun!

Regions

Kanto
Spoiler:

Johto
Spoiler:

Hoenn
Spoiler:

Sinnoh
Spoiler:

Unova
Spoiler:

Kalos
Spoiler:

Events

Check here to see what's currently happening in the RP.
Spoiler:

Notes
Spoiler:

Template credit to Rose Quartz

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I'm unsure as to whether or not you're accepting reservations, if you are I'd love to have a place held for me. If not, that's fine I'll work on my SU either way.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'm unsure as to whether or not you're accepting reservations, if you are I'd love to have a place held for me. If not, that's fine I'll work on my SU either way.

I accept reservation, just don't stall too long or I'll open up the spot for someone else.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
This looks awesome! If you'd have me, I'd love to have a reservation. I'm gonna leave this here while I work on it.

Name: Gary MFing Oak Juel (Pronounced Jewel)
"That's my name, don't wear it out."

Nickname:
"Call me the G-Man."

The G-Man (by Gary and those who wish to indulge his ego) Gare Bear (His mom) G-Wizzle (His rapper name) G-Dog (By Gary and those who wish to appease his ego)

"Not legal yet. Sorry, ladies."

"And full of testosterone."

Appearance:
"Damn! I'm handsome!"

Spoiler:

Personality:
"Damn, I'm good."

Gary is quite...spirited young man. He has a love for three things: The world itself, for it contains natural beauty almost as great as his own, Pokemon, for their awesome powers are almost as great as his own, and himself, for his magnificence is off the hook insane. Gary has a massive ego, although I wouldn't go to call him arrogant. No, Gary is not a pompous windbag. He's just a cocky bastard, and while he may be a cocky bastard, he'll usually be one with a goofy grin on his face. Gary is a very cheerful guy, always upbeat and happy, but mess with one of his three favorite things, especially himself, and he'll mess you up. Despite his ego, Gary is very friendly. He's always willing to lend someone a hand from, "The Next Pokemon Master," or show someone how to really win a battle. This gives him a sort of over-bearing presence, but he does it from the bottom of his heart. Surely a kid who's literally always smiling can do no harm...Intentionally. Despite his best intentions, Gary is somehow at the center of fights, arguments, and the like. If anything, he tends to say the wrong thing at the right time, reacting with a poor understanding of "regular person" emotions.

While Gary is generally a chill person, he has moments where he can be incredibly hot-blooded. There have been moments where he's picked fights will people several times his own size over simple things like who the best arguer is. He won. He had an argument over who the most humble was. He won that as well. To be put simply, Gary is not opposed to arguing for the sake of arguing. There aren't many passions he has outside of battling, but one of them is the ladies. Gary loves the ladies, and the ladies love Gary...Or so he thinks. Gary has a tendency to think that everyone around him is madly in love with him. Who wouldn't be in love with the world's most handsome, strongest trainer? At the very least, he tries to make sure people respect him or at least like him as a friend. He has a strange need to make everyone around him like him. Totally no psychological issues, right? He'd go to any lengths to reach this goal. Once Gary comes to respect you, you might as well have a wall in front of danger. Anyone worth the best smiler in the world's time needs the best protection, and it might as well be the stupid grin that does the protecting. At the heart, Gary is really a good person. He has a hard time showing that he's not a cold narcissist, but he tries as much as he can in hopes that someone could see his real potential as a human being, or even more so as a hero.

On a side note, Gary has a deep appreciation for music. He can often be found with an earbud or two in his ear, even when in the middle of a conversation. Sometimes they just appear as if by magic. No one knows how he does it, but he does it. He considers himself a lyricist, but he tends to keep that precious tidbit of information to himself and his notebook. It's pretty rare to find him without the precious book.

History:
"The start of a great hero's journey!"

Gary is the son of two exceptionally wealthy businesspeople living in Goldenrod City. His father is the CEO of a well-off Pokemon food company, and his mother was the vice-president, ruling over the business any time he was out. Gary never wanted for anything, but he was never quite content. He went through regular school as a child is expected. He wasn't incredibly popular at first. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Nobody wanted to be friends with the goofy guy standing in the corner, but he didn't seem to mind. The cold never bothered him anyway. Gary went through school fairly quickly. Despite his goofy personality, he was fairly intelligent. He began to dislike school. It posed no challenge for him, and the social tension that was created around him could be cut by a metaphorical knife. His parents, although loving, were eager to see him out of the house. Gary was eager to be sent away as well. Many people treated him differently because of his parents' money, and he hated it. He wanted people to love him for his personality. Not his birth circumstances.

Gary was sent to a Pokemon Trainer School in Olivine City, far from his hometown. His parents decided to let him walk, and he was more than happy to do so. Always the one to accept a challenge, Gary decided that the only way to traverse the path was to do so with a Pokemon companion of his own. After days of scanning the surrounding routes for Pokemon he wanted, he decided on the Nidoran Male he spotted fighting a pack of Rattata. The fearsome Pokemon put up a fight, but bribes of quality Pokemon food and tummy rubs convinced the Pokemon that this trainer was worth his time. Gary, with his new companion, made their way to Olivine with all due haste, arriving after three days of travel. There, Gary began to study Pokemon in earnest effort. He excelled at the school. His ego began to grow here. A small group of girls would fawn over him. The trainers of the school looked to him as an older brother of sorts. With all of the little compliments here or there, how could one see themselves as a legend?

Gary graduated from the Pokemon Trainer School and made his way home to tell his parents the great news. Upon his arrival he was met with knowledge that his father was terminally ill. His mother was an emotional wreck when Gary found her. No amount of comforting could calm her down. He talked with his father, who was staying positive, despite his poor shape. He told his son that he would do great things, and to continue on regardless of what might happen to his dear old man. In a fit of pure emotion, Gary told his father that he would be the next Pokemon Champion, and he was going to do it before his passing. His father took heart in this and gave Gary two eggs from his prized Electrivire and Magmortar as a graduation gift. Gary, his heart filled with courage and determination, set out for the Pokemon League challenge.

Pokémon Team: The G-Squad, trademarked
"Best in all of Johto, I can promise you that."

-Nidoran Male
Nickname: Duke
Personality: Duke, much like his trainer, has an ego approximately the size of his trainer. He is fairly capable, however, and is a good battler. While he doesn't get into trouble a lot, he's often at the center of fights, given his slightly arrogant nature. Despite that, however, he gets along fairly well with his fellow Pokemon, namely Mael and Nova. When it comes to a battlestyle, he prefers to keep it close range, opting for more of a in-and-out style.
Ability: Poison Point
Level: 15
Move Set: Poison Sting, Double Kick, Sucker Punch, Iron Tail, Fury Attack

-Magby
Nickname: Nova
Personality: Nova is normally a very shy, quiet young Magby. He tends to shy away from other trainers and Pokemon. When he's with Storm, however, he becomes hot headed and cocky. He'll go to any lengths to prove that he can beat his electrical for in battle. The two have a grudging respect for each other.
Ability: Vital Spirit
Level: 12
Move Set: Ember, Smokescreen, Thunderpunch, Mach Punch, Feint Attack, Double Team

-Elekid
Nickname: Storm
Personality: Storm is a fiery Pokemon for one his size. He's hot heated and cocky to begin with, but when he's around Nova he kicks into overdrive. The two of them have such a strong competitive force that they're willing to fight Pokemon several times their own size.
Ability: Vital Spirit
Move Set: Shock Wave, Swift, Cross Chop, Thunder Wave, Barrier, Double Team

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years

wub_zpsuxylbwh0.png
Charles Lapis

Appearance: Charles Lapis is a tall, slim individual. It's a trait he inherited from his mother, his father is more muscular. He has magnificent blue eyes, which are the most recognizable feature he possesses. His ears are short and rounded, while his nose is pretty average. He has thin lips, usually positioned in a grin. His face gives away how he's feeling and he's usually up to no good! His eyebrows, too, are thin and lay underneath his blue hair; this genetic feat comes from his fathers side. It is styled in an upwards position and looks windswept. Charles' father often comments how it's too long, but the teenager loves having it long. His jaw is pointed and he possesses a slender neck and frame.

In terms of attire he usually wears a hooded sweatshirt, coloured golden primarily, with burgundy red accents. It was a gift from his father from when he turned 13 years old, and while it wasn't too big for him, it now suits him down to a tee. Underneath is weather dependant, when warm he likes to not wear a shirt, opting instead for a tank top; plain in colour with pink tie dye markings. When things are cold, he opts for a grey, plain, long-sleeved tee. Covering his legs are a pair of jet-black skinny jeans, with a rip in the left knee, Charles demands that people know it's the fashion but it actually happened when he tripped over a Geodude. On his feet lay a pair of sneakers, brown and worn. They're just too comfortable for him to replace. He carries a green backpack to carry essentials.

Personality: Charles is a very mischievous character. He loves to meddle in things that have nothing to do with him, usually he does it for laughs. He's still very immature and has a tendency to try and make all the attention possible go towards him. Like stated above he loves to partake in misdemeanour's and pranks for the sake of laughs and being accepted. He feels like he needs peoples approval, and if he doesn't get it then he's doing something wrong. His peers see him as approachable and funny! While this can be seen as being silly or unprofessional, Charles shrugs this off. "I'm still just a kid," he'll fire back, and he prefers to think of himself as outgoing. His social skills are one of his key strengths. If his dream of becoming a Pokémon master fail to pay off then he wants to get a job in retail, preferably in one of the massive department stores!

Charles is very passionate about things. He fails to drop things he cares about in a stubborn, and possibly even ignorant way. For example when he watches shows such as 'The Dragon's Den,' or other dramas he refuses to budge before sitting through seasons at a time. He will very rarely drop something that he picks up, such as him being interested in collecting trading cards at age 8, or taking up running for the school at 11. He loves nothing more than to sit at home and watch some of the best battles in history such as Red vs. Green at Indigo Plateau or many, countless others. He's a huge fan of Green, and would love nothing more than to meet his idol someday.

He has a strange obsession with the colour blue, his hair and eyes are that colour and his surname also is a variation of the colour. As a result he has been known to collect things that are blue, for example he has built up a ridiculous amount of blu-tac in his desk back home, from scraping it off the walls at Trainer School, or just buying his own. He has actually managed to make models of Pokémon with this putty-like substance such as Wobbufett, Azurill and Manaphy. This highlights the more creative side of Charles, he loves to find conundrums and to try drill a way through them if he can't think of something to get around them! His style, as far as battling goes, is mixed and varies depending on the situation. He has learned a lot from his studies of Pokémon training and knows when to go on the offensive and when to play on the back foot and be conservative. On occasion he will hype himself up too much and under-think his strategies, his mind races with several options and he shoots for the most obvious one.

History: Charles was born and raised in Blackthorn city, to parents Lucas and Brie Lapis. Lucas is tall, and stocky being very well built. He was very interested in the lore of Dragon type Pokémon, especially the story of Unova. He also focused on forming a team of Dragons to make his fantasies come true. He travelled around the Johto region with his Horsea, eventually having a team consisting of Kingdra, Dragonite, Dragonair, Gyarados and Charizard. Overall, he collected 6 badges before retiring from the League Challenge. He still battles to this day and has high hopes for his son. Brie is a woman from the Sinnoh region, gracing from Solaceon town. She is a tall, slim woman with golden-brown waist length hair. She was a very loving and supportive mother for Charles to grow up with, the only flaw you could fault her with was that she was a tad overprotective. She is very old-fashioned and has some out-dated tendencies. Brie loves the art of breeding, and has links to the Day Care in Solaceon to this day. She is a published author on the field of breeding for the healthiest/strongest Pokémon.

Due to his mothers tendency to be overprotective, she didn't allow him to travel out as a trainer at a young age. He was instead sent to the local Pokémon Trainer School so that he would develop physically and mentally before he would be sent out into the world. School, however, had more of an adverse effect on his maturity; his inner-prankster developed more and more by the day and he never applied himself. He was a bright kid, but only really focused on what he seen as important (like battling), he had next to no interest in some other fields such as contests etc. He was quite popular in school, but not having a Pokémon of his own prevented him from reaching "Prom King" material. His father, on several occasions, wanted for him to have a Pokémon of his own and even offered the boy a Horsea, which his mother immediately rejected. Charles completed his exams and received, barely, above average grades. His mother still didn't want him to go out on a journey 'till he caught Erin.

When Charles brought home a stray Wooper his father jumped for joy! The pride in his eyes spilled into tears, he laughed and pulled his son in for a tight hug. His mother was less than pleased but after a substantial debate Charles and Lucas triumphed over Brie. Reluctantly, she handed her son a Pokémon egg and ordered her down to Professor Elm so he could get registered for the League. Charles planned on asking the Professor about eggs too, but before he got a chance the Egg hatched and saved the male from the onrushing Spearow flock. The Pokémon was a Phanpy, which was promptly named Peanut. Charles eventually visited Elm and had a brief word, before heading back towards Blackthorn. The boy was in for a shock, he didn't think about the cliff edges be unapproachable from the side near New Bark, and Charles panicked. He called his parents and his father laughed, 'I'm heading to a meeting in Unova, I'll pick you up,' he boomed, clearly enjoying his son's panic. While waiting Charles caught a Tangela that was trying to steal food from his backpack.

Current Team:
194.png
231.png
114.png
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

194f.gif

Nickname: Erin
Personality: Erin was Charles' first Pokémon, and unlike the average trainer being 'gifted' them, he captured her himself. Charles found her at the edge of the lake by the Gym in his hometown of Blackthorn. He befriended the young Wooper and the pair would play games, and the Water-Ground hybrid was given food on a regular basis by the male. Eventually the Wooper wouldn't leave Charles alone, and with his father's help was able to convince his mother that he should be able to start his journey. Wooper willingly joined the team and hopped into it's Pokéball. Erin is an upbeat, carefree Pokémon who loves to just have fun. The Wooper loves a good battle and prefers a Physical style, yet is more set up to be a Special attacker. She can eat up physical hits, hence her love for a rough style, and loathe for the more 'pretty' Special style.
Ability: Water Absorb
Move Set: Water Gun, Mud Shot, Ancientpower, Endure, Iron Tail, Return​

231.gif

Nickname: Peanut
Personality: Phanpy was a gift to Charles from his mother. Despite her opposition of him starting his journey, she eventually came around and handed him an egg. Baffled at first as to what was inside, Charles vehemently thanked his mother and set out on his journey. Peanut was the daughter of Charles' mother's Donphan. Charles' while travelling, found out how the egg's work while on his way to visit Professor Elm for advice! The egg hatched on Route 46, and helped Charles fend off a lot of wild Pokémon that were ambushing him following Erin fainting. In terms of battle style, Peanut takes after Erin and loves a brutal, physical style.
Ability: Pickup
Level: 11
Move Set: Tackle, Rollout, Endeavour, Ice Shard, Strength, Seed Bomb​

114.gif

Nickname: Spagooli
Personality: Spagooli loves to eat. It's basically as simple as that, in the few days that Spagooli and Charles have been acquainted all that the Tangela wants to do is snack on whatever contents inside Charles bag. Other than that Tangela is very Timid and refuses to socialise with Charles, Erin or Peanut. It seem afraid, but is probably just shy. Tangela was caught on Route 46 when Charles realised couldn't head north back towards his hometown. The Tangela was trying to munch on some berries in Charles bag, that it stole using Vine Whip. The Tangela was well able to fend off Erin and Peanut on their own, but together the pair were able to take out the Grass type and Charles captured it. Tangela likes to adopt a stand off-ish approach to battling, preferring Special attacks to Physical.
Ability: Regenerator
Move Set: Sleep Powder, Vine Whip, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Leaf Storm, Synthesis​

Last edited:

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
Years
Name: Constantine Theodore Thessaloi

Nickname: Connor to friends, Connie to family members/extremely close friends

Appearance:
Constantine cuts a grandiose figure. Long-legged and broad-shouldered, olive-skinned and dark-haired, his physical form is naturally graceful. Standing at 6'2, he is taller than most, which further contributes to an almost palpably authoritarian natural presence, further exacerbated by a rigid posture, rarely ever relaxed in the presence of others. He generally dresses quite well, favouring, blue or grey clothes or a combination of black and tan, but he has no real set outfit. His expression is generally haughty and reserved, as he views those around him with suspicion until he comes to know them as either friends or colleagues, or obstacles to his ambitions.
His face is mostly attractive. Piercing light grey eyes set under thick, sculpted, dark eyebrows. Generally gaunt facial features alongside wide cheekbones give the latter an impression of being sharp, whilst his jaw thin jaw and pointed chin give his face a nearly triangular appearance. Maintaining a 5 o'clock shadow is a point of pride of Constantine, and it partially masks his lack of an especially defined jawline. His nose is large with wide nostrils, and slightly hooked to create an almost hawkish appearance. His raven-black hair is kept into a smart combover at the front and a side parting on the left side, growing longer behind the ears and the back to the point where it rests just below the nape of his neck; it never covers any part of his face. Thin lips a few shades darker than the rest of his skin conceal healthy and off-white but otherwise unremarkable teeth.

Personality:
Constantine is a forceful individual. Proud of his skill with Pokemon, his intelligence, and his strong moral centre, he sees himself as a champion of the downtrodden and an advocate of people without a voice. This political nature is the most overt part of his personality, and he is always quick to point out the injustice in any situation, from abuse of Pokemon to social injustice. Naturally, this leads him to come across as preachy, and also as an angry person, and these assessments are both true and accurate. But it is necessary to point out that his political nature does genuinely come from an admirable core; he cares deeply about people and Pokemon in general, and his key passion in life is to make the world a better place. His moralism is also partially justified (in his eyes) by the fact that Constantine is an incredibly hard worker; he throws himself into everything he attempts, and his failures are never due to a lack of effort.
As a friend, he is fiercely loyal and eager to stand alongside his friends in their trials, although he has a certain lack of empathy; he simply fails to understand some of the things that make other people upset, especially when it comes to relationships. He is rarely judgmental about personal choices and extremely forgiving, but has a habit of talking down to people who get themselves into unpleasant situations due to their own lack of thought or judgment. However, his extreme moralism comes into play often with his friends; lack of consideration for others or excessive debauchery are sticking points, and though he doesn't mean to, he can be incredibly aggressive when it comes to promoting his views or criticising those of others. Though he might have unfailing respect and admiration for his friends as people, this does not extend to opinions that conflict with his own. Constantine is nonetheless a kind person, and always ready to help someone in need, regardless of their differences.

History:
Constantine was the single child in a family that was never rich, living in Saffron City, but they were hardly in poverty either. His mother was always keen to point out people who had less than them in order to ensure that he appreciated what he had, and her lessons have stuck with him to this day. His family environment was warm and loving, and as a result of the steady encouragement of his parents as well as natural intelligence, he always did extremely well at school. He entered the Pokemon Trainer's School at ten and continued his academic success, but found that he was incapable of truly working alongside Pokemon under any circumstances. To rectify this, his parents would regularly go on holidays to the Pokemon Safari, various laboratories and museums, and other institutions to see if there were any Pokemon he could really resonate with, but to no avail.
It wasn't until he was 17 that this issue finally began to thaw. His father - a police officer - worked alongside Growlithe and Arcanine, who were often vital to his work. Constantine got a part-time job helping his father with administrative matters, and bonded with a wounded Arcanine that had been injured whilst protecting citizens during a bank robbery. Impressed by the bravery and loyalty of this Arcanine and now curious at the potential of Pokemon to help people, Constantine developed a new respect for Pokemon in general, and finally began to be able to connect with them in battles. He began to read about the heroes of the Pokemon world and became inspired by the stories of ordinary people putting down criminal syndicates and calming legendary beasts. It was at this point he decided that he wanted to go on a Pokemon adventure and challenge as many gyms as possible; he wanted to get stronger and more experienced for himself, and hopefully help as many people as possible on the way. His parents supported him as much as possible, and his father was able to get him a Growlithe from a litter bred for the police force, and shortly afterwards he ventured out - under the supervision of his father - to catch an Ekans. After half a year of training, he decided he was ready to set out, and left his hometown to see the world.

Pokémon Team:

Growlithe
Nickname: Basil, short for Basileus
Personality: The strongest member of a litter of Growlithe, Basil was appropriated for Constantine by his father. Adamant and strong-willed, with a desire to serve and protect bred into his line by generations of careful breeding, Basil is incredibly loyal to Constantine and affectionate towards his trainer. The two share a commitment to improve and grow together, and are exceptionally close after 6 months of training and bonding.
Ability: Intimidate
Move Set: Bite, Fire Fang, Return, Roar, Howl, Incinerate

Ekans
Nickname: Kompra
Personality: Cunning and sly, Kompra and Basil have have a grudging respect for each other, as they both compete for the affection of their trainer. Kompra sees Constantine less as a trainer and more as a partner, but is fiercely aggressive towards strangers, both Pokemon and human. However, she is capable of getting along with anyone if given time to know them, and can even learn to be unusually affectionate - for a snake Pokemon.
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 10
Move Set: Poison Jab, Dig, Acid, Wrap, Bite, Toxic

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

7gRX7ZC.jpg
Junichi "June" Hamada

??? - Unova

Personality: Junichi is a kind-hearted and lovable girl that keeps way too many secrets too herself. It's not that she doesn't trust people. She's actually afraid to scare them off. It's the reason she acts so secretive. However, many of her secrets can't be hidden at all. Like that she has an disorder in her eyes called "heterochromia" meaning that she has two different colored eyes. She tries to hide it by letting her bangs fall over her right eye but it's not always possible. Her left eye is Blue while her right eye is Gold/Yellow.

Junichi is actually also pretty timid and pretty cowardly despite wanting to become a Pokémon ranger. Several trauma's from her past caused her to suffer from a split personality. Her split personality is more brave, though and acts cool. Her split personality also has a short temper so making her angry is pretty easy. Her split personality is usually triggered in Pokémon battles or when she shuts everyone out from her feelings.

Despite all of this, Junichi loves dog and cat-like Pokémon. She also has a soft spot for sweets and has a secret love for singing. But shhh! She doesn't want anyone to know about this!

History: Junichi was born in Cerulean City and a gift to the family that already had 3 sons. She grew up as quite a tomboy because she had no female example due that both her parents worked and having a good relationship with her oldest brother. When she was 6 and it was winter, her brothers would take her to the forbidden Cerulean Cave by walking over the ice. Her oldest brother had a growlite with him that would make sure they had light within the cave but Junichi wandered of after being distracted by a Zubat. The brothers couldn't find her and eventually went back home to warn their parents. Junichi spend the whole night in the cold cave and it was just morning when they found the scared Junichi who had been kept warm by the cave Pokémon.

The tables turned two years later when Junichi turned 9. Her older brother went inside the cave alone but hadn't returned. They searched for two full days but help came too late. He died in the hospital. Junichi was damaged by the happening. Suddenly her beloved older brother wasn't by her side anymore. She herited his growlithe, his moon pendant and his dream to become a Pokémon ranger. The Growlithe and the moon pendant were the only things she had left from him despite her new dream to become a Pokémon ranger however... she also started to grow a split personality trying to not feel the pain of her loss.

Her parents decided to move away and bought a house in Verdanturf Town in Hoenn. Her mother stopped working so she could keep an eye on her beloved children. Thanks to this Junichi had a female example and started to act more girly. Junichi had a new life in Verdanturf Town and trained hard to become a Pokémon trainer. After a while she bought a fire stone with her spare money and evolved her Growlithe into an Arcanine. With her newly evolved Arcanine she caught a Shinx when she was 14. When Junichi left to explore the world she got an Eevee from her mother. Her bigger brothers weren't too fond of the idea of their little sister going on a journey alone but she went anyway. All her Pokémon are precious to her.

Pokémon Team:

059.gif

Nickname: Hiro
Personality: As Hiro lost his first owner he grew quite protective of Junichi, knowing it's his duty now to protect her now her beloved brother isn't there anymore. When she's rememberng the events from the past, Hiro does whatever he can to distract her but... that Junichi gave him the name of her deceased brother doesn't help.
Ability: Flash Fire
Move Set:
  • Fire Fang
  • Flamethrower
  • Dig
  • Secret Power

403.gif

Nickname: Aoi
Personality: Aoi is laid back and lazy. Often he naps on the back of Hiro because he's even too lazy to walk. He's rather strong and caring when he needs to be... That's not often though.
Ability: Guts
Level: 14
Move Set:
  • Ice Fang
  • Discharge
  • Thunderbolt
  • Thunder Fang

133.gif

Nickname: Harper
Personality: Harper is still young and a real troublemaker. She isn't ready to battle yet because she doesn't listen to commands at all.
Ability: Rune Away
Level: 5
Move Set:
  • Tackle
  • Sand-Attack

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Rose Quartz & <Challenger> are reserved, & Asariond is accepted.

I'll put my SU up here as well, just for whatever.

Name: Saiai

Nickname: None

Appearance:
9203627511_1ec605dc57.jpg

Personality: Saiai is... he's a bit oblivious. He's somewhat quiet, but he doesn't always keep to himself. He'll point out the obvious about anything, so be prepared to suffer his statements about you. In actuality, he doesn't like or trust anyone he doesn't know. He doesn't like talking about himself. He doesn't want to know anyone either, & won't bother getting friendly with them. From his past experience & childhood, Saiai is afraid of the outside world. At the same time, he's curious what the outside world is like.

He likes Pokemon battles, even though he's never been in one before, & to make it better, he has his headphones that play music depending on his mood. When he's not busy with anything in particular, he idly listens to his music, enjoying the soothing sound of his beats. His eyes are full of life whenever he watches it. He admires Pokemon so much, he wishes to spend everyday with them & help them out however he can. The thing is, he doesn't show much emotion when he does anything, so people have trouble understanding him. He's afraid to get in trouble, trying his best to follow the rules. There is, however, one way he'll let go of his feelings, but... I'll say this only once. Do NOT break his headphones.

History: When Saiai was but a child, he lived in Jubilife City, quietly going to school as any other child does. He didn't get along with anyone, keeping to himself, wanting nothing but to do his own things by himself. He didn't make friends this way, & it only made bullies for him. When he was 6, he was quietly listening to his headphones, just listening to his music, when some kids he didn't like nor did he want to came up to him. They called him a loner & a wall, but he paid no mind to them, just reading & listening to his music. He couldn't hear them anyone. When one of the kids knocked off his headphones so he would listen, they broke when they hit the floor. Saiai was stunned by his precious, broken headphones. He didn't listen to the names he was being called, only staring at his headphones. He snapped, his face was full of rage & anger, & he plunged for the kid who broke his headphones. What happened later, his was sitting in the office, his face still planted with the same anger, but his eyes with wet with tears, crying. His parents thought it best they move away & home school him. It was for the best, to keep him away from trouble.

They moved to Petalburg City, a smaller place than Jubilife City. Saiai continued his studies here, at home. He felt a bit lonely while he was hoping, always wanting to stay indoors rather than go outside, in fear of getting in trouble with anything, anyone. His parents worried about his well being, so they thought a Pokemon might help. They did have a Ralts, the child of their own Pokemon, Gardevoir belonging to his mother, & Gallade to his father. They wanted to surprise Saiai with Pokemon when he got older, worried that he would spend too much time with them as he never saw nor heard about Pokemon, but this would help his health & keep him company. He was introduced to Ralts, & he was overcome with curiousity. He picked its small horns, asking questions about this. They explained to him about Pokemon the world outside, & what Pokemon can do. He didn't show it, but he was amazed from all the things known about Pokemon, & decided to look up everything about them on his free time. He still spent time with the nicknamed Fi at the same time, learning new things from his new Pokemon. He didn't spend much time outside, but at least he was having fun with Fi.

Growing up in Petalburg up until he was 16, he learned about Pokemon battle, what a trainer is, & many mysteries this world has to offer. He was too afraid to explore the unknown, but his parents offered to come along with him for however long he wanted them, whenever he was ready. He decided to finally start his own journey, telling his parents he was ready. His father gave him a map of the regions he would want to explore, & one of his Pokemon, a Luxio, to start him off. With his father, his mother staying to keep an eye on the house, Saiai leaves Petalburg City, keeping close to his dad until he knew he was ready.

Pokémon Team: [1 required, starter Pokémon optional, maximum 3, no legendary Pokémon]

-
280.gif

Nickname: Fi
Personality: Fi is rather curious about how others feel. She tries her best to help Saiai with his feelings, but still no avail. She express what Saiai is feeling, though is careful not to cause trouble for him.
Ability: Telepathy
Level: 11
Move Set: Teleport, Calm Mind, Psychic, Confuse Ray, Draining Kiss, Magical Leaf

-
404.gif

Nickname: Roy
Personality: Luxio's pride is his priority, but he is willing to swallow it up for his trainer. He puts his full trust to his trainer, & can read a situation well.
Ability: Rivalry
Move Set: Wild Charge, Scary Face, Charge, Crunch, Thunder Fang, Rest

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
Finally finished my SU! I plan on having my journey take place in Unova with my character's father taking him there if that's ok. Let me know if anything needs changing

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
TurkishDelight your SU is good. Unfortunately, I can't have your character related to a Gym Leader, Champion or any other special character. Change or delete that part, & I'll accept your SU.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
TurkishDelight is accepted.

Already a few days, & this RP has plenty RPers. ^^ Maybe I might submit the IC sooner than expected.

Ricochett

switched account.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
Weiss.Schnee.600.1730176.jpg

Details ;;
Name: Viviette Lockster
Nickname: "Vivi" (for short), "Viette" (by mother), "Little Snowflake" (by her father), "Miss Lady" (by her two cousins), "Snow White" (by her aunt)
Appearance: White hair that she inherited from her father and icicle blue eyes that she inherited from her mother. Vivi wears a white dress with a ribbon on her waist, over her dress is a pale blue bolero jacket almost covers her hands. Vivi also wears a tear-shaped necklace, a gift from her father. For her feet, she wears an heeled wedge boots that goes pasts her knees. Her height is at 5'8ft thanks to the boots: her true height is at 5'5ft. Her hair is always styled with an off-center ponytail. She has the perfect face for a model and will even grow even more stunning as she grows up, that's what her mother said.

When the season is cold, she wears a stylish white jacket over her outfit that reaches her knees with red-colored wool on the sleeves and collar, along with pale blue gloves and winter boots that has red-colored wool. She also wears black thigh-high tights. It is where she lets her hair down, wearing a pale blue beanie.

When it is too hot, however, she surprisingly wears plain clothes such as wearing a black button shirt with a red school-skirt and red white shoes.​
Personality ;;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
History ;;
Spoiler:
Pokémon Team ;;
354.gif

Nickname: Seth
Personality: Laid-back yet still mischievous. Seth likes to scare people that either he likes or he doesn't like, with the exception of Viviette; occasionally. He laughs at pranks instigated by him or someone else, even if the victim is himself. Rarely interacting with anyone except his team, he'd rather stare them down all the while grinning. When it comes down to it, Seth will protect his partner fiercely with no backing down. He doesn't like children, he'd only scare them off or just stays at Vivi's side and yet watches over Talia, the baby of their group carefully when someone else can't. Seth is obedient towards Vivi, listening to her. Sometimes; only when it comes to battle or in a series situation or when he gets scolded severely. Surprisingly, the Banette is cautious when it comes to strangers unless given reason not to, the cautiousness is hidden by his laid-back attitude. A rather good actor, if you'd tell me.
Ability: Insomnia
Move Set: Magic Coat, Toxic, Payback, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Calm Mind

309.gif

Nickname: Atlas
Personality: Atlas is eager at anything. He's eager to make friends, eager to eat, eager to help, eager to battle; just plain ol' eager. Though being eager is good, sometimes it brings trouble. He's a bit hot-headed, mostly when battling. He likes to meet new people and people and be their friend. A bit childish and will sulk if he gets scolded or loses. The Electrike wants his family to be happy and will feel sad when they are sad, specifically/mostly to Viviette. He'd cheer up those who needed it and will protect the weak getting bullied by the strong.
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 13
Move Set: Howl, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Ice Fang, Bite, Double Team

298.gif

Nickname: Talia
Personality: The "baby" of the team. Highly curious to the point of wandering off to get closer to the thing she is curious about (when not in sight). Cries when she realizes that she's or is alone. Attached to her trainer and her fellow teammates. Likes to make friends. Very friendly and likes to help a lot. In battles, she will do her best but will cry if hit too hard or if they lost but will calm down. (Although if they lose a battle, she will calm down with a berry.) She can sense when a person is bad and will run for comfort into Viviette's arms.
Ability: Sap Sipper
Level: 10
Move Set: Water Gun, Sing, Charm, Headbutt​
Miscellaneous ;;
• She enjoys mysteries, whether solving it or reading by book.
• Doesn't like horror stories, it makes her wary.
• Although it is not said, she is very fond of ghost type Pokemon.
• Keeps things that would clean her clothes upon being dirtied inside her bag.
• Carries some berries with her for her pokemon and will buy some if they almost runs out.
• Knows how to make pokeblocks thanks to her father.
• She's good at playing the piano.
• Hates the feeling of loneliness the most.
• Envies those who are free and wanting that as well.
• Wants to function like a normal person. (Socializing and making friends.)
• Is unable to read humor situations and jokes.
• Surprisingly snarky though not most of the time when she's comfortable with someone.
• When she gets into it, she gets into it.​

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Bacteriophage... O_O That Mawile is bad news. Your SU is accepted, but be sure to add either Sableye or Sableye's image over "Pokemon 1" so anyone who looks at your SU knows who your Pokemon is.

Ricochett is reserved. Also, which website did you get those Pokemon images?! O_O

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
Here's the link to where I got the images. <3
Just click "sprites" when you search a pokemon. c:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Thanks, & now I've changed my Pokemon sprites.

<Challenger>, a reminder that when writing down your character's personality, it has to be at least 2 paragraphs.

aperrentis

Degreaser politics
Years
Oh man. Right before spots filled all up.
I don't mean to be "that guy" and take it but it's come to this... >_>

Name: Yori Enntiman
Nickname: None

Appearance: Yori dresses himself as if he's your go-to valet, in very formal attire. He dons a fancy black vest over a white short-sleeve dress shirt, complemented by black slacks fitted with a white belt and slick black loafers. The most striking piece of attire is the purple bow tie situated around his neck. Yori wears this outfit in contrast to his beige-ish skin. He also has straightened brown hair that stretches in the back down to his neck and is flipped at the front, a pretty rounded face with a jutted chin, and eyes splashed in bright cerulean. Sometimes he wears brown-tinted sunglasses, but when he does not, he lets Phantcie don them for him.

Personality: Fashion is almost always Yori's top priority, even when it is clearly irrelevant. He dresses as he does to make sure people get that message immediately. In addition, he applies the structures and beautifications of fashion to the mundane situations of everyday life. This also spills over into narcissistic tendencies as Yori tries to charm anyone he deems worthy of his time, resulting in him trying to prove he is worth others'.

Yori's neatness definitely precedes him. If presented with a conflict that should not be a laughing matter, he knows when to be serious. Otherwise, if he feels cheated or rused, he can show visible distaste if he senses any bull. He also occasionally presents himself as wise beyond his years from experience with how people react. Yori does not like an aura of unease and hates to see people in some dreadful funk.

History: Yori grew up in the bustling fashion capital of the Kalos region, Lumiose City. He definitely remembers experiences from when he was around four, maybe five years old. He always loved ascending the city's famed Prism Tower. Other than some infrequent visits to the Boutique Couture and watching several Pokémon Contests and Musicals on television, there was never really any personal development for Yori until he was 10.

That was when he was hired for his first job. Unlike other occupations he had heard of, this was full of duties affecting all boutiques in Kalos. This was an opportunity that gave Yori an unexpected thrill, to travel all across the region and see beautiful sights. It was mostly a delivery position transporting clothes to certain towns during certain seasons, and the main headquarters are situated fittingly in Lumiose. Yori cites this job as the source for his love of everything fashionable.

Half a year before his eighteenth birthday, business waned slightly, and Yori had to unfortunately be laid off for the company to save up on money. His direct manager made sure to tell him that when business eventually picks up, his employment will be reinstated immediately. For his last task, Yori was sent to the infamous Lost Hotel to retrieve a newly discovered unopened package of expensive clothes discovered by travelers. He thought the assignment rather odd. When he arrived to pick it up, a Shuppet had spooked him by waiting near it and jumping out from behind. It followed him to the outside, and with careful consideration, he offered it to tag alongside him after his final delivery, which the Shuppet heartily accepted. That is how Yori became acquainted with Phantcie.

Pokémon Team:

353.gif

Nickname: Phantcie
Personality: Phantcie is definitely the ultimate sidekick. She sometimes goes so far as to act like Yori's personal agent. If she thinks a person is not worth her trainer's time, they must get through her first. She has developed a keen sense in anticipating what a person's true motives are. As is typical of her species, she can 'eat' people's anger or sadness so they can return to a happy state.
Ability: Frisk
Level: 9
Moveset: Astonish, Screech, Knock Off, Night Shade, Thief, Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
aperrentis, :D ...Saiai might not like Phantice. Accepted.

That fills up all the spots. More spots might open up in the future, but for now, they're closed. Once all those reserved finish up there SU's, I'll post up the IC & start up the first event.

It's only been 2 days, & already I have this many RPers! ^^ I'm happy right now.

Ricochett

switched account.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
omg, lol. i forgot Banette's pre-evolution is Shuppet.

does that mean I have to change?

Back