• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings, Pok?Community~!

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Greetings, PokéCommunity~!

Hello, hello~

Loveless is the handle which masks my true name, though I occasionally use the phonetic Japanese spelling of said alias, as I've needed to here, when someone gets to the pseudonym before me. Which is more often than not... Call me what you like!

I've been playing Pokémon ever since the beginning, with a short retirement between Generation II and III. Anyone remember when playing Pokémon was actually cool? I recall being in Grade 3 or 4 and hearing that the Grade 6 class was doing some sort of project on Pokémon! I remember the First Movie being in theaters~ I remember being surrounded by friends, Gameboys in hand during indoor recess, adventuring in Kanto and Johto.

Well, time passed, and none of that lasted, so Pokémon was out of sight, out of mind for me for a while. As much as you like something, if there's no one left who shares your passion, it's difficult to continue with it.

At some point (I think Diamond and Pearl were out, or close to being released, though I was so out of the loop, I didn't really know or care), I saw a used copy of Pokémon Ruby at the EB Games I frequent, and decided to pick it up. I hadn't seen it in stores before and still loved Pokémon, so I knew this was a rare opportunity that I couldn't pass on. Ultimately, I got lost at sea after I awakened Groudon, and didn't finish the game after that, which is embarrassing for me to admit... I'm sure many of you have faced that dilemma where you take some time away from a game and then you return to it, only to find that you no longer feel a connection to what you're doing, have no sense of purpose, don't remember what you're supposed to be doing, or a combination of all of that!

Though, it was through Ruby that I discovered my absolute favourite Pokémon, Gardevoir!

What brought me back permanently, though, was Slowflake's Pokémon LPs. I don't know if any of you followed him before he retired, but he was awesome. I knew Pokémon was great before, but he opened my eyes to aspects of the games that made me love them even more.

Fast-forward to Christmas of 2010. I finally got myself a DS Lite, and Pokémon Platinum on Boxing Day, a game which I can't explain to you how much I loved. I was addicted all over again, logging 283 hours across the next two years! I've since started new files and have invested hundreds more hours into each game as they've come.

I went back to Ruby eventually, too, and beat the game, finally. Included on my team was a Milotic carrying Hypnosis, one of many offspring birthed by 'MamaFeebas,' who I legitimately obtained in just 45 minutes! Probably the highlight of my career as a Trainer.

I love Pokémon arguably as much as I love The Legend of Zelda, and while I don't play competitively, I appreciate the finer facets of the games and their *ahem* evolution over time.

I'm currently working on a column looking at all 81 fully evolved Pokés from the first generation to celebrate Pokémon's upcoming 20th anniversary and the re-release of RBY on the 3DS' Virtual Console. Perhaps I'll end up making it into a (rather long) thread here, if that's permissible!

Well, I've gone on for long enough... I look forward to our conversations about everything Pokémon~!

Years
    Hello there Raburesu , Welcome welcome and welcome to PC that is the one heck of thing you write about u and your connection with Pokemon.

You are like one hardcore fan. I also like first movie so much and ruby I played it but never complete it.Areu enjoying here . Do u like any hacks . Try to stick around and enjoy your time here. If u run in any trouble or feel bored just msg me or any other PC member .Everybody here is more than happy to help new comers. I really looking forward to talk to u because you have a heck of personality. Okay then see u around!!!!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Greetings from Japan. You can call me Kaiyu. It's a pleasure to meet you. That was a long introduction lol. But it's okay. If you ever want to talk to me about Pokémon or something else you're more than welcome to leave a message on my profile. I'll reply back to you when I'm able to. Hope you enjoy your time here. See you around!

Hey Loveless! Welcome to PC! =)

Really does seem like you've been through a lot with Pokémon aha. Same with me, I got into it as a kid in third or fourth grade and that was in the late 1990s so I can clearly remember how popular it was. Seems like kids nowadays are into totally different things. ; ; But I do know plenty of older fans like us who still love it! Awesome to see you're one of them.

Gardevoir's awesome and so is Hoenn so I approve of your taste in 'mons. Let me know if you'd like to chat anytime, yes??

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2016
    Yo welcome to PokeCommunity
    Its great to see another long time fan of Pokemon.
    I agree that Pokemon isn't seen to be as cool as before though many here would argue that its just as "cool" as ever.
    It's also easy to leave when you're the only one which is why sites like PC can be so great here you'll be surrounded by people with a passion for Pokemon just like you.
    Lol yeah I've often returned to a game with no idea whats happening.
    Gardevoir is an amazing Pokemon and worth the effort it can take to get it.
    I'm sure your idea for the anniversary will be great and I'm pretty sure its fine.
    Anyway look forward to seeing you around feel free to ask if you have any problems people here are all super friendly and helpful.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Hey Loveless, you seem super sweet and cool, great to have you here! :) I like your icon, that's a nice picture of Gardevoir. Your Pokemon story was really nice, thanks for sharing it with us! I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing LOTS of your posts on the many Pokemon subforums throughout PC!
    (Come post in Pokemon Trivia too!)

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone~

It is indeed nice to have a place where one can share their passions. I've been looking to join a Pokémon forum for ages, though somehow, I hadn't heard of this one until just a few days ago! After looking around, I felt like I'd be more at home here than at the others I've perused, and so, here I am...!

You know, I feel just a tiny bit apprehensive when I tell people which Pokémon is my favourite, given her reputation on the internet... >_> This is why we can't have nice things, people!

As far as I'm concerned, whatever you like is cool! You know, unless it's, like... really super evil... o_o

Back