• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2018
    I hate to repeat myself, but... hi.

I'm not much of a talkative person, and there's anything interesting to say about myself, so I won't give you many details, sorry. I started playing Pokémon with my beloved Gold version long ago, because back when Red and Blue came out my parents didn't want to buy me a GameBoy, and I've been a pretty active player for some years (it was the need of purchasing a Nintendo DS in order to play Diamond and Pearl which actually stopped me a bit). Now I was trying to hack an Emerald ROM a bit (yes, I need it to be Emerald and not FireRed or Ruby), but since I'm a total newbie I came across some issues and I can't even find a diagnosis anywhere just by searching, so... here I am.

See you

Years
  • I'm kinda anti-social myself but not so much in an online environment, so I can understand. That said, it's a great pleasure to meet you Byaku!

That's a nice Pokemon history you've shared, I do wonder if you ever played anything past 3rd or 4th Gen, because I hear how much the newer games get hated but personally I love them because it's still typical Pokemon formula. Regarding your ROM question, maybe try asking over in the Q&A thread in the ROM Hacking section? I'm sure someone can help you over there.

Best of luck with settling in and making new friends, but for now I shall see you soon and maybe we shall cross paths somewhere in this forum. Do visit my profile if you want to talk!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2018
    Thanks for the welcome, the suggestions and everything.

Yes, I played Platinum, Soul Silver and Black on emulators and managed to buy X, and liked all of them even though not as much as the previous games (I'm still missing Black/White 2, now that I think about it). X, specially, is very good in my opinion, but it's so easy it gets boring pretty soon, and the post-League is... I don't know, I love those "side-quests", such as Looker's, but it didn't involve me too much in the end (I admit that I never went too deep because of lack of time, other interests and such)

Years
  • PC is very well known for its hacking community so you're definitely in a good place here if that's your preference. I found the forum way back in 2006 thanks to hacks like Shiny Gold.. and they'll always have a special place in my heart because of that. Will always admire how people can work so long and hard, sometimes for years, on a fangame. So much patience. ;( Patience that I probably wouldn't have lol.

Anyway, welcome, Fubuki! I hope you've been liking it here so far. <3 Be sure to stick around, especially if you've been into Pokémon for so long. You'd probably have a lot to post about.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you. Hope you enjoy your time here at PC. If you'd like to leave me a message on my profile feel free to do so.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2018
    Thanks everyone.

PC is very well known for its hacking community so you're definitely in a good place here if that's your preference. I found the forum way back in 2006 thanks to hacks like Shiny Gold.. and they'll always have a special place in my heart because of that. Will always admire how people can work so long and hard, sometimes for years, on a fangame. So much patience. ;( Patience that I probably wouldn't have lol.

I'm not much of a patient person too, in fact I have my doubts I'll end this project without interrupting. But it's very tiny stuff, so who knows...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Hey there. Nice to have you here at PC. Hope you have a great time here. If you ever want to leave a message on my profile you're more than welcome to. Have a good day and see you around. ^ ^

Years
  • Hey :)

Gold was my first pokemon game too! (I played a little on my uncle's earlier games, but Gold was the first one that was mine). Filled in a lot of very boring road trips :)

I've been slowly working my way through Pokemon X as well - not finding it as engaging as I feel I should. And is it just me or have the games gotten significantly easier these days?

I can't tell if it's because I'm older and thus hopefully wiser or if they've just tamped the difficulty way down ...

Back