• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Astra Story (IC)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

• > Be Ash​

Well of course you're Ash? Who else could you possibly be?

> Write that other message​

You decide to start writing that other message. You hear something whirring outside of your door, but you don't pay it any attention. It'll go away eventually. Hopefully. Right now you don't really feel like fighting. You don't feel like doing anything. But you're going to make this message anyways.

[email protected] sent a message to [email protected]

Hey Adrian how's it going?

You really don't know how to talk to this guy. Any time you decide to message him you always just get so flustered. And half the time when you do go through with it he's off doing something else. Having a life and such. What a guy. Er, what a loser you mean. Yeah. How dare he ignore you in lieu of having a social life. You start to get a little bit angry, but then take a few deep breaths to calm yourself down. Can't go cutting ties just yet.

Have you been keeping up on your fencing skills? You know, sometimes I wonder who'd win in a battle between us? My shield or your sword?

You cringed a little bit at that line. Everything about this is a little bit cringe-y. Why do these conversations always have to be so awkward?

> Scratch that​

You huff and then erase all that you'd typed. Let's try this again.

Hey Adrian how are you? It's been a couple of weeks since we last talked. Are you still keeping up with that fencing thing? You should message me sometime so we can catch up or something. :)

Ugghhhhh. That's just so boring. You think about rewritting it. You stare at it. You squint your eyes, looking deeper into each individual pixel of your screen. You squint your eyes even more until everything gets blurry and then squint them some more until they're completely closed. You blindly move your finger over to the mouse. You let it hover there for a second, thinking if you really want to go through with this. You slowly lower your finger down, running through each individual worst case scenario in the back of your head as you do it.

> Wake up​

Finally, just as your finger is about to touch the mouse you come to your senses and open your eyes. You almost did it. You almost sent that disgusting excuse for-

> Strife​

Just as you came to your senses and decided not to send the message, one of the SPARRING BOTS decided to burst through your door. Normally they're programmed with some semblance of manners, but this one's been around for as long as you can remember. You suppose it's just going through it's rebellious teen phase. Too bad. You really liked this one too. It used to play with you when you were a kid. And by play, you mean it would often throw you out windows or try to run you over. You think about it for a second and decide that that's actually just what all the bots are like. This is JUST ANOTHER SHITTY ROBOT.

> Destroy the JUST ANOTHER SHITTY ROBOT​

You don't mind if you do. You pick up one of the many shields that you have laying around the room and launch it at the robot's head unit. This one was a tad larger than some of the others, which means that you wouldn't have been able to fight with it as effectively. However it works perfectly for blinding the robot long enough for you to run up to it and bash it into the ground with your viking shield. You suppose these older models weren't as sturdy because it only took one hit to take this one down. Maybe the countess made the earlier ones weaker on purpose since you were also weaker? No, that couldn't be. You don't even think the thought. No, she was just not experienced enough to put up a challenge back then. Yep. That's it.

> Return to cringey e-mail​

You scoot the pile of smoking metal out of the hole that it had made with its entry and go back to your work. You sit back in front of your screen to rewrite the e-mail once more. But... no... it can't be... there's a message sent icon right there where the message... oh god... oh god no. When the robot burst through the doorway it must have startled you just enough to make you tap your mouse. You look at your outbox and sure enough there it is. You start to panic. What if CC thinks you're weird or a loser when he reads that? Oh god. This is literally the worst thing that could have happened right now. Before you get too far into your pseudo-mental breakdown, another icon pops up on the screen. This one says that you've got mail. Two of them in fact.

> Inspect new message​

hey tt! i'm going to TRY not to drown you in text like i did to nc hehehe.

so what have you been up to? enjoying the view high atop your lovely castle in the clouds? or kicking butt and taking names like usual? ;)

anyway did you hear that buck died? ugh so sad! we should do something nice for tim.. maybe send him a card or something? idk. anyway hit me back!

This is literally the best thing that could have happened right now.

> Respond​

[email protected] replied to [email protected]

So you've been talking to him lately huh? That must be fun. I can only imagine the conversations the two of you have together ;)

I've not been up to much. Y'know. The usual. Robots trying to kill me here, robots trying to kill me there. Going out to the city with friends. Y'know. All that good stuff. Actually you did just remind me though that I should go upstairs. It's been a while since I've been to the upper levels.

Oh no Buck died? That's terrible. I'll have to go offer my sympathies to the guy. Such a tragedy.

The smile on your face only grows wider as you type. You may have come off as a complete dunce to CC, but at least now you've got something real good to get NC with. He talked about Buck waaaayyy too much anyways. Kid got what he deserved. And now you're about to really rub his nose in it. After you finish this other e-mail first though.

Yeah, you know what might be better than a card though? Since he liked buck so much then maybe we should all get together and send him a little piece of all the things we hold most dear too. I could send him part of the robot that raised me, Adrian could send a sword or something, Evelio could send him some computer parts or a game or something and then you could send him something too! We could just make it a really big deal and show him just how much we care about him. Wouldn't that be neat?

Anyways, I've got to go message Evelio back and then hit up Tim. Can't leave the boys alone too long.

Your bestie,
    Ash

You wrinkle your nose and bare your teeth. You can't believe you just called someone your bestie, but that's the name of the game you guess? Besides, she really did just help you out big time.

> Take a breather​

You don't want to take a breather. You have prime information that could be used to really get Tim's goat so to speak. You crack your knuckles and start typing up the new message.

Hey tim-tim. Heard someone in your merry little group got a boo-boo. It's gonna be okay buddy. I know just how you feel. I blew up the robot that raised me just a few minutes ago. Felt sooooo goooood. You should try it sometime. Besides, animals are almost just like robots. Just a lot less challenging ;) I do bet that the warmth of their bodies is something different though. Especially when you're feeling it leave them ;) But anyways, gotta go do more important things. Try not to be quite so weak when I come back ;) ;) ;)

Sincerely yours,
    The totally not weak Temporal Target

Yeah. That looks good. You completely forgot about that thing that was troubling you just moments ago. What was that thing that was troubling you by the way? Yeah right, you can't remember because it doesn't matter. You just destroyed Tim so many times. And you already got him so good earlier. Today can only get better.

> Reply to the other friend

Oh yeah. The other friend.

[email protected] sent a message to temporaltarget@skaianet

Hey! :D Yeah, I'm not dead. How were those robots today? I'd love to reverse-engineer them; I could use a robot bodyguard to protect me from those bullies. They chased me home again :/ Those Snollygosters just won't leave me alone :'(

What do you think I should do?
    You always have great ideas.

Yours 'til the cat meows,
    MM

Reverse-engineer them? This guy's getting in a little over his head. You're the one with the castle in the sky. He needs to get educated and pull his head out of the clouds.

Hmm reverse-engineer them? Sounds a little complicated. I'm sure you could figure something out with your video games and the other tech that you've got. I don't think they're too hard to make since the countess just keeps dishing them out as I send them back. Maybe you could ask NC for one of his animal companions? I hear he's got a bear or two under his control. Surely a few bullies wouldn't stand a chance against a bear. Though it's nothing compared to one of the SPARRING MATES, there's a lot less of a chance that you'll be hurt. And what would be the point of sending you one if it's just going to beat you up worse than your bullies? So yeah, hate to say this but it would be better to ask NC for some protection.

TT

Why do these people have to be so dumb and weak? At least Tim can handle himself in a fight. Adrian could probably survive an encounter or two, but you doubt he'd be able to live in these conditions. Then Evelio is just a complete wimp and you don't think that Gwen has ever even been in a slightly heated argument. You sigh and go to rest your head on your computer desk. You close your eyes and let out a yawn. As you start to fall asleep you hear a beeping coming from your computer. It's probably just Tim coming back to try and pretend that what you said didn't even phase him. You let out a slight laugh and then doze off. You'll deal with the guy later.

Years

• ==> Play video games​

What do you think you're already doing? Your eyes haven't left the screen in a few hours. You think you may need to take a break soon.

Oh, look you got a new message!

==> Read new message​

Hmm reverse-engineer them? Sounds a little complicated. I'm sure you could figure something out with your video games and the other tech that you've got. I don't think they're too hard to make since the countess just keeps dishing them out as I send them back. Maybe you could ask NC for one of his animal companions? I hear he's got a bear or two under his control. Surely a few bullies wouldn't stand a chance against a bear. Though it's nothing compared to one of the SPARRING MATES, there's a lot less of a chance that you'll be hurt. And what would be the point of sending you one if it's just going to beat you up worse than your bullies? So yeah, hate to say this but it would be better to ask NC for some protection.

TT

Oh. Well you guess you would just get hurt. You are pretty pathetic after all. You walk over to your closet and open it, revealing a mess of robot parts and other mechanical doodads and thingamajigs. What should you make today? You scan through the mess for ideas and come across an old robotic guard dog you called Slayer. He was a great companion. The only problem was that he was so cute, you refused to attach any weapons to him for defense. A guard dog that can't protect you wasn't any use so you eventually forgot about him.

==> Go back to your computer​

You decide to go send a message to NC

Hey! :D So TT told me that you have a surplus of bears over there and thought it would be a good idea for me to get one for a bodyguard! I'm sure the post office won't mind if you stuff one in a box and ship it my way. She said they are less likely to hurt me compared to one of her robots! Isn't that great! Hmm, what do bears eat? I should probably see if the story has any bear food. I want to be prepared :D

Yours 'til the cat meows :3,

MM

This day has been going a lot better. You decide to look online to see what bears eat.

==> Surf the web​

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

• You climb the mountain. You've never actually tried to scale it, but you've gone around it a few times so you never would have thought that you'd get winded so quickly. It's so ungodly hot up here too. For some reason it's strangely cloudy and dark out today, but you don't remember the forecast calling for anything besides sun. But you don't spend too much time thinking on that, what you're really thinking about is how Danyis can stand to spend so much time up here. It's much too hot for all the time that she wastes studying the damn thing.

> Take a breath​

That's not one of your abilities dumb dumb. You continue to breathe normally as you continue on your mission. Your tablet starts beeping. It seems you've got some more messages. You contemplate putting them off for a bit longer, but decide instead to sit down and take a quick break. That woman can hold off for a few more minutes while you reply to your friends.

> Read first e-mail​

hey!! omg it feels like forever since we chatted! i mean like i know it hasn't but STILL i was about to go stir crazy in this room. not much is happening as usual ugh. i'm basically rapunzel trapped up here just without the flair for the dramatic.

wait, no, you're joking right? that's awful tim! i'm so sorry to hear that! buck was the best. may he be granted a thousand virgin doe in deer heaven. :'(

anyway, i know you're right, i need to get out more. but you know how awful it can be here! this city is just so loud and congested. seriously when can you adopt me or something?? save me young prince! i'll even bring any stray kitties i find. :3

enough of my nonsense, you just take care of yourself okay? no more killing things above 180kg got it? i'll talk to you later tho so stay safe!

You smile stupidly at the message. She always is so nice to you. She's the only one of your friends that you can actually confide in. She listens to your problems and stuff. She's pretty alright you guess.

Haha I wish I could say I know the feeling but :/ Well, at least if you're Rapunzel then one day you'll have some handsome prince to come and rescue you :) Maybe TT could fill that role ;P I mean, he does have a castle and all already.

Thinking about tt seems to have triggered some sort of voodoo curse. Right as you type up his name, a new message appears from him. And you thought you had washed your hands of him for the day too. Guess you'll look at that once you're done.

Haha, I wish I could adopt you but it's already so cramped at my place :( I end up sleeping out under the stars a lot though. There's not as many lights out here as there are in the city, so you can really get a nice view of everything. I know before I moved in with Red I never really got to see all this... it's life changing I guess. I'd have to show it to you sometime. But it's light out now so not really much I can do about that.

And aww don't limit me like that :( what did I do to deserve this punishment? That's like, only the size of Buck........ or I guess..... anyways. Yeah, talk to you later. Stay safe.

You get kind of down again, but some time has passed so it's not as soul crushing. You hit the send button and then pull up TT's message.

Hey tim-tim. Heard someone in your merry little group got a boo-boo. It's gonna be okay buddy. I know just how you feel. I blew up the robot that raised me just a few minutes ago. Felt sooooo goooood. You should try it sometime. Besides, animals are almost just like robots. Just a lot less challenging ;) I do bet that the warmth of their bodies is something different though. Especially when you're feeling it leave them ;) But anyways, gotta go do more important things. Try not to be quite so weak when I come back ;) ;) ;)

Sincerely yours,
    The totally not weak Temporal Target

Okay. Back to the junk box he goes. That was just too much. You guess you'll have to cut back on telling CA things too. She really does talk too much. You wonder what else she's told him over the years... best not to get too caught up on it. You decide not to reply to the message right now.

> Get off your lazy butt​

You decide that you've been on break for long enough. You put your tablet away and then pull yourself up off the ground. You wipe your hands on your pants and then pat the dirt off your lazy butt. You start back on your climb. You're about to the observation deck which hopefully has some sort of air conditioning and something to drink because you feel like you're about to pass out. You unbutton your shirt and start to fan yourself as you get up to the entrance. It's a rather large door and has an extremely complex locking mechanism, but since it's not exactly tourist season right now its been left open.

> Enter​

You enter the doorway and to your relief a hefty rush of cold air blasts you right in the face as you do. The door leads to a large room that's about the size of your entire shack. The room is mostly empty, a bunch of samples of rocks in jars and then some empty ones as well. There's a wall immediately to your right as you enter the room, and along it is a mini fridge. Thank the heavens.

> Get a drank​

You get a drink. You're not old enough to get a drank. Thankfully the fridge is filled to the brim with bottles of water. You pull one out and pop it open. This. Is. The. Best. Thing. You. Have. Ever. Tasted. You never knew water could be so good. You look over to the back corner of the room and notice a set of stairs hidden behind a bookshelf filled with jars of rocks. You go over to it and start to make an attempt at moving it without disturbing the jars when you hear your tablet going off with a notification. Looks like someone else is e-mailing you now.

> Read it​

Hey! :D So TT told me that you have a surplus of bears over there and thought it would be a good idea for me to get one for a bodyguard! I'm sure the post office won't mind if you stuff one in a box and ship it my way. She said they are less likely to hurt me compared to one of her robots! Isn't that great! Hmm, what do bears eat? I should probably see if the story has any bear food. I want to be prepared :D

Yours 'til the cat meows :3,

MM

What is up with everyone's cat obsession? You scratch your head and think over the lower ranking members of the council. Some of them are pretty well-behaved, but you're not sure that they'd do well in a truly domestic environment. Or on a plane for that matter. Maybe you could send him the one you just killed and he could try to mod it? Maybe...

Hey yeah, I've got a few. I've slightly domesticated the majority of the wildlife here, but I don't know how they'd do in a truly domestic environment. Or on a plane for that matter. But if you have the time and energy, I could send you the remains of the black bear that I killed today? If I stuff it I should be able to send it over and then you could do some computer magic or something to turn it into a battle machine? Then maybe you could send it to him and show him just how hard it actually is to fight living creatures instead of just bashing robots over the head with chunks of metal all day. So yeah. I can do that. Since it's dead you don't really have to worry about feeding it... so... yeah... anyways... I'm actually just about to go do something that I've been putting off for the longest time, so I'll talk to you more about it later alright? See ya.

-Tim

> Onwards​

You put the tablet back away after sending the last message and go back to making an attempt at moving the shelf without breaking everything on it. It takes about five times longer than it should have, but eventually you do get it moved out of the way. You start to make your way down the stairwell when you hear something coming from behind you. It's nearly inaudible, but there's definitely something there. You rub your hand against the wall as you go deeper down the stairs. There doesn't seem to be any kind of light down here, so you're really taking your time going one step at a time.

Meanwhile the noise continues to escalate in intensity. It's still only a whisper, but it's echoing throughout this tunnel through the volcano and it's kind of starting to creep you out. You decide to pull out your tablet and use it as a light when you notice that you've got another e-mail. And it also seems that the noise you've been hearing is also coming from your tablet. Which is weird, because there should only be a light beep to tell you that you've got mail. But this is something different entirely.

> Check e-mail​

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • You feel the ground beneath your feet quake and the temperature seems to be gradually rising by the minute. If you were to look up you might think that there were multiple suns in the sky. But upon closer inspection, you would see that they were actually flaming meteors of various sizes. They soar across the sky, some impacting within eyesight, others trekking to someplace far away. Spirographs appear in the sky with each new meteor seemingly summoning each one. The tvs and computers around you flash on and off, displaying the same types of spirographs on them as which were in the sky. In the center of each spirograph appears a dot. And as the dot appears, so too does a whisper. At first you can't understand it, but as the dot grows larger and takes on its full form the voice also grows louder.

Ding. You've got mail! Ding. You've got mail! Ding. You've got mail!

The dot has grown into an envelope and the voice repeats over and over, the volume increasing with each occurrence. Your computer or other such device hops to your email, but continues to scream out the announcement at you until you decide to check it out. Any efforts to turn it down or off fail. It seems you have to actually open this message.

[email protected] sent a message to group #72
    Sup kiddos?

Got a pretty sweet game here for y'all to start playin'. A few others have already started, but they're not doin' so hot. I think it's time for y'all to come join in and really get the party started. Just click on the file down below and let the program do it's thing. I've modded it a bit so that you're not completely clueless at the start. When it boots up and does all the loady thingies you'll start seeing some pop-ups. Give 'em a good quick read through, but don't y'know, sit there for twenty or so minutes and try to analyze it or anything. Really, I dont' think that you think you've got the time for that. But best not to leave anything to chance. Give it a try, I already know you'll love it. And really, what do you have to lose? Have fun ((:

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

Pretty tough choice you've got before you. Do you click on the file or do you keep messing around here? Honestly, you're not really going to be going anywhere else so what's the big deal with getting a virus before you die?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • You see you sister walking up to you as she finishes her side of the corn.

Spoiler: show chat log
    Gav: So uhh… Anything else?
    Sis: How were the bots?
    Gav: A surprise, to say the least. You could warn me before you activate them
    Sis: Where's the fun in that?
    Gav: Well there's no fun in getting me hospitalised or worse, killed!
    Sis: Don't be such a drama queen, they won't kill you. I trust my friend not to build them like that.
    Gav: Why are they necessary anyways?
    Sis: Well, I have this feeling some huge responsibility is coming your way, and it never hurts to be prepared for a tough fight.
    Gav: What kind of thing would I have to do that involves fighting? I don't wanna hurt people!
    Sis: Sometimes there's no choice Gav. And even then, once you have an ability such as fighting like you can now, the biggest skill is knowing when not to use it.
    Gav: …
    Sis: Don't look at me like that. I'm only looking after my dweeb of a brother *hugs Gav*
    Gav: Eugh, I guess. Remember that competition I entered? I won it.
    Sis: I knew you would! See, you're capable of so much. I know you'll be fine!
    Gav: Hehe, I hope so. Well, I guess I'd best get back to my friend. She's probably waiting for a reply!
    Sis: Have fun then!

[alink id=gavgobackupstairs]=====>Go Back Upstairs.[/alink id]

[a id]gavgobackupstairs[/a id]
    You go back to your bedroom and sit at your computer again, only to find not one but two emails. You panic for a moment thinking Nadia has become impatient, but realise quickly after that only one is from her. You read her email first, the other isn't tagged as important, and you don't know the sender so it can wait.

tbh 2 days is pretty long, at least for me anyways :P

Aww, you care for me ;) but srsly idk why but i have this feeling that in a parallel universe or something, i will be destined to be some kind of godfather, killing scums who disagree with me, just like that spades slick guy from midnight crew! AND OMG THATS GREAT NEWS GAV, CONGRATS! Finally an area where you don't suck ;)

And yeah, i know 'bout shucking some corn, brother also pesters me about it like every time haha…

haha thanks a lot gav! see you later :]

She's so rude! But you love your friend anyway, it's all about give and take with her. You write a quick reply.

[alink id=gavreply2]=====>Write A Reply.[/alink id]

[a id]gavreply2[/a id]

I guess for you two days is like forever huh? You're so impatient :P

Of course I care for you, you're my friend duh. Well, acquaintance maybe more accurate, since you're so rude all the time haha. Though I bet you probably would kill everyone who disagreed with you if you were like that Spades Slick guy, man, that would be scary as hell!

I've just got this weird email, seems like a weird advert for a new game or something. I'll let you know if it's anything good!

Now you should check out that other email.

[alink id=gavchecknewgame]=====>Check The Other Email.[/alink id]

[a id]gavchecknewgame[/a id]
    You open the email and you read this.

Sup kiddos?

Got a pretty sweet game here for y'all to start playin'. A few others have already started, but they're not doin' so hot. I think it's time for y'all to come join in and really get the party started. Just click on the file down below and let the program do it's thing. I've modded it a bit so that you're not completely clueless at the start. When it boots up and does all the loady thingies you'll start seeing some pop-ups. Give 'em a good quick read through, but don't y'know, sit there for twenty or so minutes and try to analyze it or anything. Really, I dont' think that you think you've got the time for that. But best not to leave anything to chance. Give it a try, I already know you'll love it. And really, what do you have to lose? Have fun ((:

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

paperclip.png
    download SBURB.exe

You wonder whether or not it's worth opening this right now. It looks very suspicious, but your email program didn't detect any malware within the email or the attachment. You ask yourself if it's worth it, then realise this was sent to other people, hence the use of the plural form. You decide to click it and give it a shot.

=====>Download "SBurb".

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ping!

Well of course you brought your phone! What, did you think you were going to leave the house and NOT bring technology? Pffft.​
    ==> Look who it is!

Haha I wish I could say I know the feeling but :/ Well, at least if you're Rapunzel then one day you'll have some handsome prince to come and rescue you :) Maybe TT could fill that role ;P I mean, he does have a castle and all already.

Haha, I wish I could adopt you but it's already so cramped at my place :( I end up sleeping out under the stars a lot though. There's not as many lights out here as there are in the city, so you can really get a nice view of everything. I know before I moved in with Red I never really got to see all this... it's life changing I guess. I'd have to show it to you sometime. But it's light out now so not really much I can do about that.

And aww don't limit me like that :( what did I do to deserve this punishment? That's like, only the size of Buck........ or I guess..... anyways. Yeah, talk to you later. Stay safe.
    You pout cutely into your phone while you walk, barely paying attention to the direction you're going and who's way you're in. The message kind of leaving you with mixed emotions and you can't help but to empathize. Tim's been through a lot, hasn't he? You know how it feels, to be relocated and feel displaced, but you never got to move anywhere nice or wild or open. Just as you go say something comforting another message pops up on your screen.​
    ==> What?

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe
    You eye the link skeptically. You look at the email of the sender; nope, don't recognize it. Something is clearly amiss here. You stop just shy of walking headlong into some dude in a three-piece suit carrying a briefcase, who is equally as invested in whatever is happening on his own mobile device. It jars you from your digital stupor, and you stop to take in your surroundings. Grey, loud, gross. Just like always. God, you hate this city. But you do note that you've traveled quite a distance from your apartment building. Not into unfamiliar territory or anything, but far enough that walking home feels like even more of a chore.

Nevertheless, you steel yourself and turn around, still eyeing the message sent to you. It doesn't seem like spam or anything, it's written too deliberately and not.. advertise-y enough. Seems like just some normal person wrote it. You do notice it was a group email though. You wonder if nc and tt got it as well?​
    ==> Before anything, let's get back to the house.

The walk back to your apartment building really wasn't long, you just wanted to pretend it was so you could feel extra exasperated about actually having to be home again. You opt to take the elevator instead of hauling your tired ass up those stairs because screw that noise. The elevator makes a ping as it arrives in the lobby, and when the doors open a male passenger steps out. He's a handsome young thing and gives you a quick glance and drops his head down embarrassed before pushing past you and out of the building. You don't recognize him, but you have the feeling this was the "gentleman guest" your mom invited into the apartment and left there.

You immediately regret thinking that he was handsome and throw your hands up to cover your face. GOD you HATE IT HERE.

Despite the seemingly never-ending teen angst that perpetually haunts you, it doesn't stop you from getting to your floor. When you enter your apartment you notice a note on the counter. Apparently between the time you started your walk and now your mother found the time to come home, write a note, cook something, and go back to work? Mystifying woman.​
    Gwen honey,

It's going to be a long night in the office, but I made your favorite to make up for it! Try to eat it this time, okay? Put it in the oven at 375° for an hour. You're becoming such an independent young woman.

I love you.
    ==> Ack jeez mom.

Of course you're not going to heat up whatever amalgamation your mother dictates as you "favorite". You suppose that maybe if you get really, really desperate you'll try, but the end of the world will happen sooner than that!

Either way, there's more important stuff going on now! You've got an email to respond to. Two in fact.​

==> Contact NC and TT.

[email protected] sent a message to [email protected] & [email protected]

hey guys, not to cut off any previous convos, but did you get a weird email from a "devoutRibber"? what's that all about?

You ponder over the odd email in question and click on it. Your mouse hovers over the link. Download SBURB.exe huh? You look to Dr. Vulgaris for answers, but he doesn't respond. Not that he ever did anyway, but even in your imagination he doesn't respond. Which is.. extra weird, you think. Not even a condescending blub escapes.

You go over to his tank and peer in, a lifeless tentacle hanging stark white from under a freshly collapsed coral decoration. The good doctor is dead. Like you promised, you reach in and lower the jolly roger flag on the plastic pirate ship to half mast, commemorating all the recent losses. You decide not to do anything about the body itself, and instead transplant a few rather large carnivorous fish into the tank to clean up the aftermath. A thought crosses your mind as you reflect on your octopi's demise. The two of you were quite similar, though he would surely argue otherwise. Both trapped in an ugly life. Unable to escape.

"Give it a try, I already know you'll love it. And really, what do you have to lose?"

Truer words have never been spoken.​

==> Download SBURB.exe

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years

• [a id]ryanthinkaboutdescent[/a id]

You feel the shuffling of your feet as you quickly make your way down the rungs before opting for a much more radical approach and just opening your hands slightly to, in a way, slide down the ladder. This slightly burns your inner hand, but it's nothing serious-- it feels like rope burn, really. Your feet eventually feel the sand-laden cement below. It's nice and stable and you hop off it and begin to walk home.

> [alink id="ryanbeginyourtravels"] Begin your walk home. [/alink id]

[a id]ryanbeginyourtravels[/a id]

You begin your brisk walk home after letting the dog out of the bag.

After about ten minutes of walking, you stop to look at the waves and at the slowly fading day, before looking forwards and seeing... wait, is that a... what? What now?

> [alink id="ryanlookfarther"] ====>[/alink id]

[a id]ryanlookfarther[/a id]

Someone is waving their hands erratically. Is that... is that sis? Is something the matter? You begin to change from a speedwalk into a run, not willing to let whatever Sis is trying to signal you to go unnoticed.

> [alink id="ryanobservesis"] Observe SIS.[/alink id]

[a id]ryanobservesis[/a id]

Something seems to be the matter. You catch up to Sis to receive word on what exactly is the matter. She looks at you and simply signals for you to follow; this is strange. You think she'd tell you what's going on, but it seems like she knows something, just simply does not wish to tell you. Suddenly, you begin to feel the ground rumble and shake a bit. Your watch begins to go off, and Sis watches in horror. You haven't got the time, she says, but you haven't a clue what that's supposed to mean.

And then you realize she had a telescope.

> [alink id="ryanrealize"] Realize. [/alink id]

[a id]ryanrealize[/a id]

She had a telescope and you look up and it seems that spirographs have begun to materialize in the sky and that there are things falling out of them. Scary things. Meteorite things. It begins to creep down your back, a feeling, a tingling. Like you've spent your whole life dreading and waiting for this moment, like there's some sort of memory linked to this. You remember all the things that you've done and all that you believe you are meant to do, except you don't have anything you can think of that you believe you are meant to be. So you just remember what you've done, and on the thoughts of how not much of anything was going to happen as far as you know. You stare half blankly into the distance as you feel your feet beginning to move. Rufus begins to move with you, before you begin to sprint and he does too, and so does Sis, kinda wordlessly and quietly.

It seems you've all made the decision to make it home before whatever those are land.

You begin to hear a voice, beckoning you, getting louder and louder. You try to ignore it, but you realize that you can't, that it won't stop just because you do. Not only that, but it's not the sound your watch usually makes, and although Sis may not be aware of that you sure are. You look down at it, before pressing the envelope materializing on your screen.

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

This is strange. You feel your feet falling behind you as you fall forward from tripping over what seems to be a rock, but you catch yourself quickly and pop back up as your sister runs on ahead. You take a moment to steady yourself and stare at the link. This isn't some kind of coincidence. Your brain goes into puzzle mode, like it's time to put all the pieces together. And you know that not a single piece of a puzzle is meaningless. It can't be a coincidence. No normal email just messes with your watch in ways you can't describe. No normal email appears while meteorites flare in the sky. No email appears when whoever this is could be saying goodbye to their family, to those they care about, to the lint in the corner which has watched them restlessly. No one is spending their last minutes sending out copies of some game.

You reluctantly press the download link, secretly hoping that it does something big, even on the small watch face. Then you look forward, and your feet begin to move again, faster, faster, faster still. For some reason, you don't want to stop, either.
    > [alink id="ryanrun"] Run. [/alink id]

Last edited:
    Years

• ==> Play video games​

Isn't that what you were doing last time? Well, there isn't much else going on so why not?

Just as you start up one of your favorite games something on the screen catches your eye. It looks like you have a new e-mail.

==> Check e-mail​

It looks like it's not from one of your friends. You immediately trash it. You know how dangerous random e-mails can be. But it looks like it refuses to be deleted. That's odd.

==> Trash it​

It's still there.

==> Trash it!​

It can't be deleted.

==> TRASH IT!​

What don't you understand about can't be deleted?

==> open it​

You finally give in and open it up. If they're smart enough to make it indestructible then you probably already have a virus anyway.

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

You know it's probably a virus, but you really can't resist.

==> Trash it!​

What? NO! You can't, remember?
    Fine, you decide to download it to Slayer, your robo-dog, instead. He just needs a few modifications and a new touchscreen and he'll be good as new.

==> download SBURB.exe​

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • NADIA CLEMENTINE
    impurrfectStraggler [IS]
    Rogue of Light

> Finish the upd8.

Aaaaand that concludes today's update. Oh how you cry whenever each day's update finishes, you simply can't get enough of it. Anyways, a new message has popped up. Maybe it's from Belle?

> Check e-mail.

You checked your email account to find no new messages from any of your chums, but there's a message from some guy called devoutRibber.

> Open e-mail.

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

Oh god, this is one of those stupid spam mails you've been getting. Eh, the link look so very suspicious, but then again it's luring you in...

Take a chance or save yourself from any shenanigans this program might ensue...

Hmmm...

> DELETE.

You put your cursor on the permanent delete link when Lisa jumped on the desk and moved your hand to the download link, and you accidentally clicked on it. Who the **** designed this website to put the download link and delete link so close to each other? Sheesh. Well, no use, the download's already started and you can't seem to stop it. Well, GG computer. You might as well let the download finish, and see what you get.

> download SBURB.exe

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • You lay down and let your imagination let loose. Oh look at the scenery of an abandoned tower with a beautiful princess waiting to be saved. A brave knight comes in to attempt at saving her. He climbs up the tower and the two meet.

Then all of a sudden a dragon swoops in and destroys everything with its fiery death! Oh no, everyone is dead now! No seriously, everyone is dead.

> [alink id=belle-daydream]Stop daydreaming[/alink id]

[a id]belle-daydream[/a id]
    Well that was a few minutes wasted on that daydream. It was quite enjoyable until the dragon showed up.

You noticed that it's getting a little hotter. Probably the reason why your daydream ended with a dragon spewing out flames like that. You turn up the AC on full blast to counter the heat wave and approached the computer.

> [alink id=belle-inbox]Check inbox[/alink id]

[a id]belle-inbox[/a id]
    Oh, looks like someone replied back already. You approached the computer and open your e-mail client. Nadia has replied already, quick as always.

omg belle hai!

beryl and lisa are doing fine, beryl specifically is just chillin in his own cool sanctuary, it's pretty rad, not much new goin on, while lisa is just great! We got her to the vet yesterday to get her vaccines up to date, you know how it is with cats haha.

poor leena tho! have you considered actually stitching her up or what?

AND OMG MIDNIGHT CREW YEEEEEEEE which reminds me, there should be an update right now soooo bai <3

It's nice to hear her pets doing in great condition. Although you wonder how they managed to get Lisa vaccinated. Then again, you know nothing about taking care of pets.

> [alink id=belle-reply]Reply[/alink id]

[a id]belle-reply[/a id]

oh beryl. must be fun to be a snail, just chillin' around and avoiding salt whenever you can. although, since you're her owner that's going to be tough, considering the amount of salt you pour out from playing all those mafia games hahaha. glad to hear lisa's also doing fine. :p

and yeah, I've patched her up, but her front belly hasn't been fully sewn yet since I ran out of thread. I should really go get some more soon. :c

oh, it's out already? I should check it out then. c:

This girl's really an interesting person with her obsession with mafia. Well, it's the main reason why you started reading the Midnight Crew in the first place. She won't stop hounding you 'til you started it, after all.

Hang on, what's this?

> [alink id=belle-1]=====>[/alink id]

[a id]belle-1[/a id]

[email][email protected][/email] sent a message to group #72

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

Well what do we have here? This isn't the reply from Evelyn that you've been waiting for. Plus, this font looks completely different from the usual Courier New that this e-mail client provides by default.

This looks too suspicious. You really can't trust random e-mails telling you to download software. What if it's a virus? Well, you should probably delete it and be best on your way.

> [alink id=belle-delete]Delete[/alink id]

[a id]belle-daydream[/a id]
    It's... still there? What?

You're taken aback by this mysterious e-mail. First it arrives on your e-mail saying "nothing left to lose" or something among that line, and apparently it also can not be deleted. This... is kinda interesting, actually. You cleared up some space in your computer in preparation for the download.

Well, what's the worst that could happen?

> [alink id=belle-sburb]Download Sburb.EXE[/alink id]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ASH - Earth, England, Jenkins Castle
    Level NOBODY // ???SPRITE

Inventory: GLOWING STONE
    Strife deck: VIKING SHIELD​
    It's bright. You are nearly blinded, standing in front of a window in your bedroom. Slowly, you walk up to it. The sky is never this bright in England. And the garden and meadows outside are never made of gold and never have buildings on them. You blink hard several times and drop your jaw. What is this?

No time to climb down the stairs to check this out. You simply open up the window and jump out instead. This time not hitting the bush below though. You can fly, and that's nothing strange. Of course you can fly.

You fly away from the tower where your bedroom lies, and soar over a busy street down below. There are plenty of people running around there, all seemingly having somewhere they need to be. Some look up at you when you fly past their heads, and their eyes widen as if they were a bit surprised to see you here. But they aren't afraid. You see their faces, white as snow, without a wrinkle to be seen. That's normal though, you just happen to not look like them. You just know it's all normal.

You turn around, not wanting to fly too far from your bedroom in this shining city. The tall tower is probably visible from every corner of the moon you are on. And so are other towers. Curious, you rise in the air and go closer to one of the other towers. It has a room on top, just like yours did. There is an open window here as well. With a flick of your feet, you jump up to it in the air and peek inside.

A boy is sleeping in his bed. You can't see his face, because he is turned away from you. But you can clearly see that he is human and not a carapacian. Which obviously is the name of the other inhabitants of this moon-moon. Should you wake him up? Part of you wants to. But it might be rude. And you are not sure that you want to get on the bad side of the first human being you see here. You want to play it safe, in order to get in the best position later. You don't want to make more enemies than friends. That's been your philosophy in school, but it's hard. At least now you have a rational decision to make.

You leave the open window and fly back to your own and hop inside. The sky is so immensely bright - you don't quite like it. Looking up at the sun... No, there is no sun, of course. There is only Skaia. The big, bright sphere at the center of the Incipisphere, where creation and truth is roaming free. But the light is a bit too much. You need to close your eyes. Hard. Even harder. Get. OUT.

You are jerked awake by a ROBOT BUDDY's cold metal hand. It is poking your head, trying to get your attention. Apparently, your HQ is not safe from these rascals today. At least this one seems to be friendly and genuinely just want to play. You sit up straight and realize that you fell asleep on top of the keyboard. In the recipient box of a new email message, you have eloquently typed "nvcjkvhlhufmjnm,klmn,nmnmk" with your head. Let's not send anything to whoever that might be.

The ROBOT BUDDY keeps poking you, and in one swift move, you pull up your VIKING SHIELD and slam the bot into the wall. It slumps to the ground, numbed. Sorry, but you just weren't feeling it today. Or ever, for that matter. Something else has gotten your attention now.

It maybe wasn't the robot waking you up after all. Your computer screen is going haywire. Both your desktop and your SLIM LAPTOP. They are blinking and beeping and - is that a whisper from their speakers?

Ding. You've got mail! Ding. You've got mail! Ding. You've got mail!

It won't stop. You grab the SLIM LAPTOP, which is finally charged up, and open it up in your lap. It has turned on on its own, and jumped directly to your email client. How? There is a new message, but it's not from one of your friends.

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

Your eyebrows are sincerely raised. Spam mail, eh? Judging from the way it affected your technology, it certainly could be containing viruses and stuff. But... You're not the one to turn down a challenge. Especially not when there's a challenging game included. You wonder briefly who else might be in group 72 and whether or not that's relevant at all. But not many seconds pass by before you click the link and begin the download.

Outside, the sky is starting to get unnaturally bright again...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

• Looks like you've got a reply from Belle... and a message from another! Oh what a day.

====> Read messages​

hi evelyn! c:

oh no, I'm doing great! really! well Papa just gave me another one of those puzzles with like 1000 pieces the other day. I've been trying to solve it since, and I'm only halfway through. this puzzle is probably harder than the ones I've ever done. :'c

but anyway, that book you're talking about... that seems really interesting. I might take up to your recommendation, but you're gonna need to tell me the title if I want to check it out. :v

anyway, it's great talking with you again! I promise I won't disappear like the past few days heeheehee. :p

That puzzle sounds pretty cool. You look over to the bookshelf looming over you. You already put the book you told her about up there, but can't seem to remember where exactly it went. That's going to take some time to figure out. You decide to check the other e-mail before getting back with rr.

rhetoricalsymphony@skaianet sent a message to [email protected]

Evelyn! My sister has been digging around under the house recently in her downtime, and she says she found some kind of old vampire novel thing under there. It's not Bram Stoker levels of old, but it's pretty old; looks like it's pretty rare, too. Preserved nicely though, lucky it didn't fall apart. To be completely honest, while everyone except for Rufus in my house is literate, after a read through we'd likely be done with the book and it's not really up any of our alleys anyway. Except maybe mine, but I'd probably be sated with like, one read through, which I already gave it yesterday.

Out of curiosity, there's not much I can do with it, so if you're interested I can swing by the post office in town tomorrow and send it over...? Although, I'd need your address for that, so on second thought I'll probably just spend some time scanning it tomorrow if you'd like.

On a less related note, how've you been? I've been doing decently myself, although mom's still sick.

--Ryan

Now that's easier to deal with. You crack your knuckles and get ready to write a reply when some kind of annoying pop-up spam thing appears.

====>​

Ding you've got mail! Ding you've got mail! Ding you've got mail! Ding you've got mail!

You try to turn the volume down but even though it appears that everything is set to 0, the sound continues to grow louder. You viciously mash your finger against your mouse, attempting to close the pop-up but it won't go away. In a last ditch effort you turn off your computer.

Ding you've got mail! Ding you've got mail! Ding you've got mail! Ding you've got mail!

The computer is completely shut down, but the envelope on your screen remains and the noise continues to escalate. Something is very very wrong here. It's almost exciting.

====>​

You press your finger to the screen where the envelope is and the noise ceases. Your computer reboots itself rather quickly and opens up straight to a peculiar e-mail.

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

A game? All that excitement for a stupid game? You much more prefer your books, but you suppose that if someone went through this much effort to gain your attention for this then they deserve to have it. You move your mouse over the file and click it.

====> Download SBURB.exe​

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years

• ===> Beep. Beep.

Your computer beeped twice. A little light flashed and a message stating that you have two unread messages appeared in the mailbox icon. You wonder how long will it take for kids to stop knowing what a mailbox is. A real, tangible mailbox. Sure thing, many kids won't know what the save icon represents very soon. Maybe packages will be sent electronically too. A technology that hasn't been developed yet, sure thing. Maybe some kind of "appearifier" or "sendificator". Well, maybe they won't have names that sound so stupid, but who knows.

===> Bark

For a moment, you really feel like barking. You control your impulse and realize that Arcadia ran out of the room and out of the house and is barking like crazy seemingly at thin air. What are you doing, you stupid, lovable dog?

===> Go outside

You go outside and try to get Arcadia inside the house again. It's getting dark and she should be inside. Besides, you enjoy her company very much. Much more than the company of any person, at least. But she's a stubborn dog. She won't stop barking at the horizon. This worries you a little, although you you'll never admit it. You've had the feeling that you are being watched for a few days now. It's stupid, you tell yourself, and you've never seen someone follow you or act suspicious around you, but you can't get the idea out of your head.

===> Get a treat

You guess that if a treat won't make Arcadia get in the house, nothing will. You go fetch a couple of treats and give one to Arcadia. She ate it happily. She is now following you into the house and into your room. Finally.

===> Check email

What were you doing before all of this? Right, you received two emails. You think you should open them.

===> Open first email

Hey Adrian how are you? It's been a couple of weeks since we last talked. Are you still keeping up with that fencing thing? You should message me sometime so we can catch up or something. :)
    It's an email from that girl Ash. You find her less annoying than most people. She is also better looking than most people. But that is besides the point, she seems interested in being your friend, but you don't have friends. You don't need friends. But of course, you can't tell her this. You can't tell anyone this. You still need to have good relationships with the people around you. Shutting yourself from society won't do you any good, and you're well
    aware of that.

Even with all this, you find Ash more interesting than most people, so faking interest is easier with her. Yes, faking, there is absolutely no way you may have an interest in her life or anyone else's for that matter. You don't need people.

Hey Ash. Yeah, how much has it been, like 6 weeks? I still fence, yeah. There is a big tournament in two weeks, I think I can win.

How have you been?
    There. Short and without demonstrating too much interest. Just enough to keep an amiable relationship, you think. You send the email.

===> Open second email

Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe
    How unusual.
    As a highly competitive person, you ignore all common sense and download the game thanks to the thought of being better than everybody else at this particular game.

===> Download SBURB.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

• [email protected] sent a message to group #72
    Sup kiddos?

Sincerely yours,
    devoutRibber

download SBURB.exe

====>​

Odd to say the least. You don't recognize the name or address, but something about the way the person talks seems familiar to you. There's an itch in the back of your mind, but it's only just barely out of your reach. You attempt to close the e-mail to no avail. It seems to be some kind of virus that forces your device to remain open to it until you've acted upon its contents. Which doesn't bother you any since you were planning to use the tablet as a light anyways.

> Continue down stairs​

There's nothing much to notice around you. The walls are flat and made of some sort of black metal. The steps have begun to grow farther apart and it feels as if you're getting closer to your destination as you smack your head against a door that you managed to miss while lost in thought.

> Open it​

You brush your hand across the door, searching for a knob or any way to open it from this side but find none. You press all of your weight against the door, hoping that it might be one of those put no pull type deals. But of course the door doesn't move. You start to get frustrated and then sit on a step behind you when you see a tiny light blinking in one of the corners of the door.

> Check it​

You stand back up and examine the small light. It appears to be some sort of camera. As you take notice of it, it turns to face you and shines brightly into your eye blinding you momentarily. You rub your eye and by the time you finish you notice that the door has disappeared without a sound. You run your hand along the walls, floor and ceiling trying to find a spot where it might have fallen in to but find none.

> Enter room​

You enter the room and find yourself actually standing inside the volcano. You find that it's surprisingly cool and that there's no actual lava anywhere in sight. Instead, the walls of the volcano all the way up the mouth are covered with some kind of heating mechanism. But that's not what really catches your attention. In the middle of the open area is an ancient looking temple with a frog perched on top of it.

> Examine it​

You call out for Danyis several times, hoping that she might be around to tell you what all this is about but you get no reply. You try to open an e-mail to her but your tablet is still stuck on the e-mail from devoutRibber. You huff and then make your way over to the temple. You climb the steps to the room at the top and see a pedestal with a flower on it along with a timer below it.

> Examine timer​

0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:01:07:34
    0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:01:06:63
    0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:01:05:88
    0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:01:04:12

The clock is ticking down slowly, and you can only imagine what for. You make the decision to sit and wait to see what comes from within it. And if you're going to wait for the thing to open then you suppose you've got some time to spare for this e-mail. If it turns out to be a virus at least you'll have a few seconds to mess around with removing it before whatever comes out comes out.

> download SBURB.exe​

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

• SBURB.exe

As you run the installer, a flower appears over the sburb logo. It has googly eyes and its smile spells out the word loading. Once the loading bar fills up, the googly eyes roll around once and then the petals all fall off of the flower. A list of names appears to the right and an open chat log appears to automatically open upon bootup.

Buds
    devoutRibber
    rigidSeeker
    vaingloryUtopia
    generousBuccaneer
    dinuclearBastard
    carefulDude
    humbleKimberly
    georgeGetson
    philistineGamer
    oppaiPansu
    originalKillswitch
    coolyInebriated
    wishywashyGardener
    pudginJudgin
    theLuckiest
    temporalTarget
    odiumLeviathan
    courageousCanine
    crimsonAllegory
    nacreousChampion
    rhetoricalSymphony
    reclusiveReverie
    impurrfectStraggler
    monstrousMoss
    virulentErudite​

devoutRibber planted group chat
    Spoiler:

Behind the massive conversation that you may or may not have decided to read, you see two icons. Both are flowers with smiling faces, but one flower is holding a whipe and the other is hunched over with a ball in its mouth. There are no titles for either one, but you do recognize that to the left of the screen is your list of friends along with some others you've not yet met. The sprite guy doesn't seem to be online, nor does devoutRibber or the character's two associates. What will you do now?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    You spend time reading the ENTIRE DAMN CHAT. Once you finally reach the end, you're kind of left in a state of shock. This is.. an astoundingly elaborate form of either trolling or storytelling! But the read was good and the characters were believable has all hell, so at the very least you got a good story out of it. This DR guy is definitely an up and coming writer of sorts, because just the sheer amount of content and exposition and development was really quite fascinating! The conflict, the characterization, the sexual tension, the fact that it all happened in an interactive chat window. Yeah; that's some **** you could get into!

It must be near sunset, because the sky is doing that awesome orange-redish/purple thing and it reminds you of autumn. It really is beautiful.

You notice NC and TT are also in the chat group, as well as a few handles you don't recognize. You figure they must be friends of friends? Either way, you decide briefly to say hi.
    ==> Respond to the chat

DR: nevermind
    DR: I have faith in you guys.
    DR: Surely you'll be able to figure it out.
    DR: anyways, see ya on the other side kiddos!
    devoutRibber ceased eVOCing group

CA: omg hey nc & tt!
    CA: did you guys put this all together? you know I can't resist a good story hehe!
    You really want to know the conclusion to this riveting little tale. What happened to OP? Who was that sprite guy? Is it too soon to ship them????? Maybe DR will be able to fill in some plot points for you.​

There's a faint rumble from outside. Nothing drastic, just enough to make the fish tanks hum and the windowpanes tremble. But living in a city as big as the one you're in, you don't think anything of it. Anomalous sounds and crashes weren't far from the norm in a city with such high volume. Sometimes loud things just happen!

You walk away from your computer momentarily to look outside.

Damn, that's one hell of a sunset! Look at all those colors. You decide to quickly grab your phone and snap a picture of the sky, but the lower half of the image is still a cityscape and you don't get the full shot you wanted to. Still, pretty nice pic!
    Spoiler:
    ==> Any responses?

You sit back down at your computer for a bit and wait to see if your friends reply. Who knows? Maybe one of these mysterious other people will respond too! Just because the above conversation was a little tragic (but most likely fictional!) doesn't mean it's not a good time to make a new friend!

Another rumble echoes in the distance, just slightly louder. Again, it doesn't raise any concerns with you. You hear a passing firetruck. Something blares on the TV in the apartment next to yours. You tune it all out, just like you do with all of the noise pollution in this city. The red glow from the window reflects against the fish tanks lining the walls and it paints the room a gorgeous orange. It's calming. If night didn't come with a sense of quite, just before sunset would be your favorite time of day.

You glance at the digital clock on your computer.

It's not sunset. In fact, it's nowhere near any time even remotely appropriate for the sun setting or the sky being so pretty.​
    ==> Maybe pretty isn't the right word for it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years

• You download SBurb and two icons appear on your desktop. A client and server version for SBurb. You know that you're not hosting any servers, so you click on the client to see what happens. Makes more sense to set up the game before trying to host server right?

The game loads up and on the right, a list of names appear. Many of them you don't recognise, but a couple make you wonder if they are there by coincidence of this is some big trick. Either way, you're distracted by a very long chat log from seemingly past participants.

[alink id=gavreadchat]=====>Read The Entire Chat.[/alink id]

[a id]gavreadchat[/a id]
    You read the entire thing, and boy what a thing it was! Seems like none of the past participants were able to get through the first part of the game, but your suspicions rise when you read that they just disappeared. Did they really die? Whatever, you notice a couple of people have already started typing from your group and you proceed to try and help them out. You don't wanna be stuck here for too long by the sounds of it.

Spoiler:

[alink id=gavpressthebutton]=====>Press The Button.[/alink id]

[a id]gavpressthebutton[/a id]
    The game colour changes slightly, but aside from that nothing happens. Suddenly TT messages you.

Spoiler:

[alink id=gavstepright]=====>Take Two Steps Right.[/alink id]

[a id]gavstepright[/a id]
    You sincerely hope she wasn't talking about your room but after the chat logs you suspect she was.

Spoiler:

[alink id=gavwatchplantbreak]=====>Watch Your Plant Break.[/alink id]

[a id]gavwatchplantbreak[/a id]
    What even? You watch as your plant magically levitates and crashes to the floor. Why? Just why?

Spoiler:

[alink id=gavwatchtotemlatheappear]=====>Watch The Totem Lathe Appear.[/alink id]

[a id]gavwatchtotemlatheappear[/a id]
    This is just getting weirder by the minute. Now you can kind of understand why the others were getting so upset.

Spoiler:

[alink id=gaventer]=====>Gav: Enter.[/alink id]

[a id]gaventer[/a id]
    You run off downstairs and find the Cruxtruder in the middle of the room. You try bashing it with your hands and nothing happens. You kick and jump on it but still nothing. Suddenly, the sofa drops straight on top of it. You have to jump and perform a sick roll to dodge it as it bounces back, but the Cruxtruder opens and out comes a sprite. You ignore it and turn the handle extracting the Cruxite.

Once you have the Cruxite, you make your way back upstairs and find a card lying on the floor, you examine it and slot it into the correct slot on the Totem Lathe, before applying the Cruxite. While this happens, you find a stuffed toy you're close to and chuck it into the kernelsprite floating around you. It flashes for a moment before taking on the appearance of your toy, except floating. Once the Totem is finished carving, you grab the new Cruxite and run outside.

Looking into the Sky, you see a meteor bearing down very close to your home. This is close so you shove the Cruxite onto the Achemiter and press the button to create the corn plant. You grab your trusty sickle and slash away, cutting the corn free and take a bite. Your house begins to glow just as the meteor covers up the sky from your view. And then...

Nothing. You're stood in your garden, the corn gone, in a brand new world called the Land of Crystals and Trees; LoCaT. You look around before turning back to your house.

=====>Proceed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    =====> Be Ash.

The file finished downloading. You search it with an antivirus program first, as a safety measure. Your antivirus program tells you that it can't even read the files and that they are even being rude about it. That strikes you as weird, but you are having a bad day so far, so you decide to just go ahead with the installation anyways. There seem to be two versions in the SBURB folder. Client and Server. You think Server sounds much less pathetic, so you click that one.

The game loads up and on the right, a list of names appear. Many of them you don't recognise, but a couple make you wonder if they are there by coincidence of this is some big trick. Either way, you're distracted by a very long chat log from seemingly past participants. You decide to just skim through it, but you get hooked by the tension and can't stop. Within minutes, you have read the entire thing, and your mind is seriously confounded.

When you reach the end of the long chatlog, you see a familiar name all of a sudden. It seems like Gwen replied only a little while ago. So she probably installed the game too? You start typing, only a tiny bit befuddled with the fact that this game knew your usual chatting username and preferred text color.

CA: did you guys put this all together? you know I can't resist a good story hehe!

TT: I didn't do anything.
    TT: This all sounds very strange. Do you think it's for real?

OL: Well, by the looks of it some people did go through this. and also didn't succeed in what they were doing. We should probably like, urrr, y'know, learn from their mistakes and not disappear.
    OL: I don't know if they died, but it seems like it. To me, it seems like we should do what they did, and avoid doing whatever they did when DR pitched in, y'know?

You scoff. Who is this clown, now? You have never seen his username before, and don't remember it from the earlier part of the chatlog. Some stranger connected together with you and your friends. And you don't like his tone and certainly don't feel like you need to be polite or sugary to earn his favor, because you don't even know who he is. So you decide to just be your true self for now.

OL: So DB turned himself into DBsprite, and then DR asked why he did that. So maybe, we should like, avoid the sprite thingy? And urrr, ignore it perhaps?
    TT: Wait
    TT: Who are you?
    TT: No wait, it doesn't matter. You can't just jump in here and tell strangers what to do. Who do you think you are?

OL: Oh um, I'm urrr, Gav. I got the SBurb download and urrr, didn't want us to like, die? So I thought, I'd just say what I thought about the big chat thing we all saw, I presume.

You hesitate. The chatlog was quite grim. But it was just a game, right? Games could be realistic. Perhaps this Gav person was a bit mentally retarded though, and believed this all to be real. For real. Did you really have such a bad day that you wouldn't humor a poor less intelligent person for a moment? No, you did not have such a bad day. You sigh.

TT: Alright Gav.
    TT: I'm Ash.
    TT: So you think this chatlog is authentic and that the game can kill us if we don't follow this DR's advice?

OL: Yeah I do. I get the feeling this game is more than just a game. We should be very careful with it.
    TT: Assuming you are right. What do we do now?
    TT: There are two buttons to press.

Behind the massive conversation, you see two icons. Both are flowers with smiling faces, but one flower is holding a whipe and the other is hunched over with a ball in its mouth. There are no titles for either one, so you are not quite sure what to do.

OL: I guess... We can try and press one each?
    TT: Alright. I'm pressing the one with the ball now.
    OL: Then I'll press the one with the whipe.

For a moment, the SLIM LAPTOP screen just blinks. Then, you see a typical teenager's bedroom in a window, complete with the teenager himself. There is a menu at the top of the window, with numerous options. The setup makes you think of The Sims or some other such ancient game. You doubleclick Gav's username in the chatlog window, which is still open as well. A third window pops up, with a private chat between the two of you.

TT: The game started up, for me.
    TT: I'm playing as a dorky dude with glasses.
    TT: Not sure what I am supposed to do, I'm starting in just a regular bedroom, it seems. He's got a dead plant, bed sheets for a kid and more computer screens than he needs.

OL: You what...? Are you insulting my bedroom?

Now you blink, instead of your screen. His bedroom?

TT: ... Take two steps to your right!
    OL: Okay...

The person on the screen does exactly that. You feel blood drain from your face. This is super awesome and really scary at the same time. You love exciting video games, but this... Is this actually real? And if it is... Could the chatlog from earlier actually be real too?

TT: Okay. Apparently I am insulting your bedroom. That's odd.
    TT: You are my character, it seems.

OL: It would seem that you are my server player... But excuse you. My room may be messy or childish... But it serves its purpose. Just don't touch anything.

You don't see that message in time. You are too busy experimenting with picking up his potted plant with your cursor. And dropping it from mid-air. Crash!

OL: What are you doing! My plant! I loved that plant so much...
    TT: Just trying to get the hang of things.
    OL: I said don't touch anything... Now I gotta get a new plant.
    TT: Maybe you can save that for after we've escaped death or whatever?

More worried about the plant than about the fact that you could pick it up at all. Mentally retarded indeed. But at this point you are not playing along for his sake alone - you are very curious about all this.

TT: There's a menu on my screen.
    TT: I can move things around, and I also seem to be able to... build things?
    TT: Phernalia Registry
    TT: Totem Lathe

Totem_lathe.PNG

You change your cursor type to Deploy and open the Phernalia Registry. You build the Totem Lathe for free, just beside Gav's desk. Well, that went smoothly. You go ahead and build some more stuff. As long as you don't spend any resources on building them, there's no harm, right?

Cruxtruder.png

OL: But my plant... What the hell is that thing. Why are you messing my room up like this, it took ages to get it nice. What do I do with it?
    TT: No idea.
    TT: Also that wasn't an earthquake just now.
    TT: I just dropped a bigger machine thingy in your downstairs living room.
    TT: There's an even bigger thingy... Can I put it in that room across the hall?
    TT: I can't see into it though. Weird.

OL: Right. Okay. You're ****ing up my house. Got it. What did you drop downstairs, what was it called?
    TT: Seems like... Cruxtruder. Go check it out? I assume I don't have to move you by force.
    TT: You aren't moving around when I press my arrow keys anyways.

OL: Right I'm off. Reading the chatlog from the others, it says I gotta bash the top and open it. Then gotta bring that thing that comes out and bring it up here then put it in another thing. Where are you putting that?
    TT: ...
    TT: There are so many things. Could you slow down a bit.

His home is really small. But you are used to living in a castle, so you guess you are the weird one. Once again.

500px-RealAlchemiter.png

TT: I'll put the last thing in your garden. Might have crushed some cornplants, but if it's life or death for us, they might be worth it.
    OL: Okay fine. They're harvested anyway so it's not a major problem.
    OL: I'm gonna get off and do this, so like later!

TT: Good luck.

Spoiler:

And there he goes. Running out from his room, downstairs. You move the camera and watch him struggle with the Cruxtruder's lid. Did the chatlog say that you needed to bash it with something heavy? The first heavy looking thing you lay eyes on is Gav's sofa. You pick it up, feeling the cursor struggle the tiniest bit as it is apparently heavier than a potted plant. You have no way of talking to Gav to warn him, so you simply drop it down on top of the Cruxtruder and hope that he'll be alright. He rolls away, impressively so even, and you make a mental note to compliment him for his agility later on.

While Gav seems to be messing around with the machine, you notice a countdown on a screen on the machine's side. If those are seconds and minutes... You don't really want Gav to be there when it reaches zero.

Not that you care about this mentally retarded stranger or anything, of course. B-baka! But you're not evil.

Isn't there something else you can do? You examine the menus at the top again. There is one more thing to deploy from the Phernalia Registry, apparently. A Pre-punched Card. You drop it on Gav's bedroom, the second before he storms back into his room. He seems to know exactly what to do with it. He obviously read the old chatlog much more carefully than you did, or perhaps he really wasn't bothered by the fact that people seemed to be dying in it, so he could actually take not of the details. What a strange boy. Probably pretty useful though.

He fulfills all the requirements from the chatlogs, very efficiently. You cannot see the sky above him on your screen, you can only notice that the light shining down upon his garden is turning redder and redder and also brighter. That is not a good sign, and without noticing it, your hands are clasping the edges of your SLIM LAPTOP hard. You are not noticing the sirens howling in the distance outside of your own home. You are not noticing the ROBOT BUDDIES suddenly starting to malfunction in the garden below.

Your eyes and senses are all glued to the dark haired boy on the screen, who uses a sickle to cut a piece of orange corn off an orange plant on the Alchemiter and disappears in a bright flash. You don't even notice how you hold your breath for a moment, long as an eternity.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

• Tim

You download SBurb and two icons appear on your desktop. One appears to be some sort of bdsm victim, and the other its master. A client and server version for the game. As the game finishes loading, the icons are bumped to the bottom of your screen and are replaced by a massive wall of text as well as a list of names. You recognize some of the names, but the majority of them are foreign to you.

> Examine the Lotus Statue​

0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:00:30:34
    0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:00:29:63
    0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:00:28:88
    0, 000, 000, 000:00:00:00:27:12

Only seconds remain until this thing finishes counting down to whatever it is that it's counting down to. You decide to put off reading the entire chat history and instead only read up on the last few entries before this thing pops open.

> Reply to your friends​

Spoiler:

Wow they type fast. You feel like you're going to be lost in all this really quick. You usually tend to take your time and make sure that everything's perfect. It'll be awkward, especially since TT is here. He'll be able to see just how much you have to type out and erase just to think up good comebacks.

Spoiler:

> Re-examine the flower thing​

You turn off your tablet and put it back in your bag before looking back at the flower thing. The timer is down to only 3 seconds and some change but the entire thing has started to glow very brightly. You squint your eyes at it and see three dark figures within it. Once the timer hits 0 all across the board the pedestal explodes and you're knocked out by several pieces of the thing. Everything starts going black and you hear the sounds of your animal friends entering the room.

====>​

After being knocked out by the explosion and pieces of rock, you find yourself on a small planet. There's tons of things that you need to do right now, and being here isn't one of them. You know you've been to this place multiple times in your past dreams, but you can never seem to wake yourself up before you're apparently supposed to be. So even though you might be about to die back in the real world, you're stuck here until you figure out what exactly it is you're supposed to do.

> Explore the city​

The light that was coming from that pedestal was pretty bright, but it's nothing compared to the Kingdom of Light. The little chess people are pretty cool too, but not very good in battle. You've been locked up before for trying to test their might, but jail here is also kind of lax. Every time you're brought up to the Queen she just lets you go. Something about being some kind of hero or something. The main reason you usually come here though is to look at the clouds. You don't normally get to be in this place for long before you wake up, but you always end up coming for a reason. Usually its right before a big battle, like the one with the black bear.

The clouds will tell you in a random assortment of images about what's going to happen, but you can never believe they're actually true until the event actually comes to pass. It still hit you really hard when Buck died, even though you had already saw it was going to happen. But that's the past, and the sky only tells you the future. It's best to move on quickly. Something big is about to happen. And you can't stay hung up on the past forever.

> Examine the clouds​

The images... aren't really clear. There's a lot of people you don't know, and you catch several glimpses of yourself as well. None of it makes sense, though it usually doesn't. In one of the images you see yourself viewing the bedroom of a girl through some sort of app on your tablet and you're sweating profusely. You don't think that you could be that much of a creep, but stranger things have happened.

You continue to watch the clouds for several more moments and then the Queen comes up next to you. She's in her typical royal attire, nothing different from the norm. She taps on your shoulder and points to the sky. These people aren't really much for conversation, but the Queen at least goes out of her way to see you. You follow her finger up to one of the clouds above you and see a young male in the middle of a corn field. The view pans out to reveal a rather large flaming chunk of rock flying towards him. Some glowing object floats out the door behind him in the shape of a cow and then the two disappear.

The Queen taps on your shoulder again and points out towards some spires off a ways on the planet. One of which begins to glow as the Queen undergoes a transformation. You turn away at the massive explosion of white and see a planet off in the distance that wasn't there just a few seconds ago.

> Admire the white queen's transformation​

You go to admire the white queen in all of her prototyped glory, but as you do a large round figure crashes into the building that the two of you are standing on. You lose sight of the queen as the blob of glowing tentacles screeches in your face and pushes you through to Prospit's core. You kick off of the monster and then pull a spear from your robe. You scream back at the creature and ready to receive its next attack, but the creature keeps its distance and remains motionless. The creature turns around and looks at you with a very humanoid upper body.

Hlloe. Ew'netov eboreetfm, tbtui seymuoes're toggniboe oehenfot mage'uscsselcsfu raslepy. Saatetl, aomhfrtw Illnceta

What? You didn't see the creature's mouth move, or even really hear anything. But in the back of your mind something is echoing. You just can't seem to quite understand it.

Iehase. Eytbselerphmo leliakryspiytl usdsceeeaubi fnisoensmuydco artorrceoeoroebrhmrrot. Eiothimbtgtn odtsohar menahsddrtewnouerve urewfeoyi srdrmedreeaae poasrehpr irneeoatgvde. Aseahithdrvioeers. Etbrtauf ooeiitthonnkgl nuosfacydlom aheaisokrt, beviliee oiserynossu mplssooehoedh erfmo. Ipcehsporaudl hgbowcyuiotak? I'dearotthrn erdotoecbf mtineatiatithw oeuthhaarilsspeceleltkl.

You still don't understand the murmuring, but you believe the creature is asking if it can go back with you? You could be mistaken, but the creature begins to shake its head to show agreement. You're... not really sure if that's a good idea or not or even if you're able to do it in the first place... but the creature is quite powerful and might serve a purpose in your council. What was there to lose? If all went to shit you could always just go explain yourself to the military. Now it was just time to wait. Maybe you'd see something else of interest in the clouds before you woke up.

> Wake up​

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • NADIA CLEMENTINE
    impurrfectStraggler [IS]
    Rogue of Light

You start the file up and a flower with those weird circle thingies pop up on your screen. It looks like some loading screen. Figures, what can you expect from a "suspicious" file? Oh hang on, you have an e-mail. You decide to check the mail while the program loads.

> Check e-mail.

oh beryl. must be fun to be a snail, just chillin' around and avoiding salt whenever you can. although, since you're her owner that's going to be tough, considering the amount of salt you pour out from playing all those mafia games hahaha. glad to hear lisa's also doing fine. :p

and yeah, I've patched her up, but her front belly hasn't been fully sewn yet since I ran out of thread. I should really go get some more soon. :c

oh, it's out already? I should check it out then. c:​

It's from Belle. You tried to reply but the program loaded and it is preventing you to exit. Why now?

> Look at the program's interface.

It has a huge list of names on the right side, with a huge chat log on the left. At the bottom, you see two buttons, a flower with a "whipe", which you assume they meant whip, and a flower with a ball gag in it's mouth.

Jesus, if this is some BDSM chat room you have stumbled upon, you are most definitely throwing the computer out.

However, it doesn't hurt to read the chat logs.

> Read the chat.

After you read the chat logs, you are just sitting there, flabbergasted. You also notice that your handle is impurrfectStraggler and not saltyImpurrdence. As you sit there for a good 1-2 hours trying to change the handle with no luck, there are new messages to read.

> Read new messages.

TT: I didn't do anything.
    TT: This all sounds very strange. Do you think it's for real?

OL: Well, by the looks of it some people did go through this. and also didn't succeed in what they were doing. We should probably like, urrr, y'know, learn from their mistakes and not disappear.
    OL: I don't know if they died, but it seems like it. To me, it seems like we should do what they did, and avoid doing whatever they did when DR pitched in, y'know?
    OL: So DB turned himself into DBsprite, and then DR asked why he did that. So maybe, we should like, avoid the sprite thingy? And urrr, ignore it perhaps?

TT: Wait
    TT: Who are you?
    TT: No wait, it doesn't matter. You can't just jump in here and tell strangers what to do. Who do you think you are?

OL: Oh um, I'm urrr, Gav. I got the SBurb download and urrr, didn't want us to like, die? So I thought, I'd just say what I thought about the big chat thing we all saw, I presume.
    TT: Alright Gav.
    TT: I'm Ash.
    TT: So you think this chatlog is authentic and that the game can kill us if we don't follow this DR's advice?

OL: Yeah I do. I get the feeling this game is more than just a game. We should be very careful with it.
    TT: Assuming you are right. What do we do now?
    TT: There are two buttons to press.

OL: I guess... We can try and press one each?
    TT: Alright. I'm pressing the one with the ball now.
    OL: Then I'll press the one with the whipe.
    NC: You guys talk really fast.
    NC: And nah I didn't make the game or anything. Just downloaded it the same as y'all.
    NC: Did you guys actually read all of that from before?
    NC: Hello?
    NC: Oh, nevermind. This flower thing is opening now I guess.

Okay, what the fuck are they all on about. You decide to join in on the conversation and atleast get some answers.

> Reply to group message.

IS: yo, what the fuck is going on here
    IS: what is this shit im seeing
    IS: i swear if all of you are bullshitting me i s2g
    IS: wait, OL, you're gav?
    IS: wait a minute, odiumLeviathan?
    IS: OMFG YOU ARE GAV
    IS: YO, IT'S ME, NADIA. i know my handle is confusing but its me
    IS: gav, is this some kind of prank you pulling on me?
    IS: and who is this tt bitch you're helpin out?
    IS: omfg can someone pls help this girl out?

You can't believe Gav is here. He's probably the only one you can talk to right now. You decide to open up a private conversation with him.

Back