• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

yonicstudios

Game Developer
Years
This is what we call "Using sprites intended to work with Luka's bitmap wrappers (part of EBS) without having EBS"
Each Pidgey you see there is a frame of the animation, the bitmap wrappers use this to animate it.
I guess it won't simply work by adding just Luka's bitmap wrappers of EBS because it'll have many dependencies?

Years
Hello, I made everything as told and I got the following error

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: SystemStackError
Event:80:in `fromSymbol'
Event:129:in `[]'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:183:in `call'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:6:in `form'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:973
Pokemon_MultipleForms:971:in `call'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:185:in `call'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:6:in `form'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:973
Pokemon_MultipleForms:971:in `call'

This happened when I went to the debug mode, while test playing, and choose "Fill Storage Box". s:

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Hello, I made everything as told and I got the following error

This happened when I went to the debug mode, while test playing, and choose "Fill Storage Box". s:

I have the same message error, let´s hope someone can help us in this task.

Years
  • Age 32
  • He/him
  • Canada
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hey guys,

quick question, so from what I understand, I can use the pbs files for essentials version 16.1 to get generation 6 features? I notice that they have scripts for most of the generation 6 mechanics but I cannot find any gen 6 attacks, so I assume this download will get me those?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 17, 2016
I'm getting a SyntaxError on Pokemon_evolution line 877 and i can't figure out the problem. any help is helpful thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
I have the same message error, let´s hope someone can help us in this task.
Same error message if I add PBS.txt with Gen6+Fakemon ,TM.txt, Types.txt, Moves.txt, Abilities.txt, and item.txt, to a clean Essential V16.1

Edit: I've taken a look at Pokemon.txt and the error message appears if Hoopa is added. The error message does not appear if Hoopa is not.
Code:
[720]
Name=Hoopa
InternalName=HOOPA
Type1=PSYCHIC
Type2=GHOST
BaseStats=80,110,60,70,150,130
GenderRate=Genderless
GrowthRate=Slow
BaseEXP=14
EffortPoints=1,1,0,1,1,0
Rareness=3
Happiness=0
Abilities=MAGICIAN
Moves=1,HYPERSPACEHOLE,1,TRICK,1,DESTINYBOND,1,ALLYSWITCH,1,CONFUSION,6,ASTONISH,10,MAGICCOAT,15,LIGHTSCREEN,19,PSYBEAM,25,SKILLSWAP,29,POWERSPLIT,29,GUARDSPLIT,35,PHANTOMFORCE,46,ZENHEADBUTT,50,WONDERROOM,50,TRICKROOM,55,SHADOWBALL,68,NASTYPLOT,75,PSYCHIC,85,HYPERSPACEHOLE
Compatibility=Undiscovered
StepsToHatch=30855
Height=0.5
Weight=9.0
Color=Pink
Kind=Mischief
Pokedex=It gathers things it likes and pushes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place.
BattlerPlayerY=15
BattlerEnemyY=7
BattlerAltitude=1
Evolutions=

Why? No idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 17, 2016
Okay my last problem was solved thankfully! but now fairy types are coming up as shadow type and idk how to solve it... sorry I'm kinda a noob at this

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Hey guys,

Today I've been studying some errors from the Generation 6, and it appears that Essentials crashes due to a SystemStackError (stack level too deep). I've been checking some Pokémon. It appears that the Pokémon with multiple forms are the issue. I've found this error when I'm trying to interact (battle, debug add, debug fill storage) with Hoopa. Also I added a Forfrou and tried to change the form. Also it gave the error. I'm assuming this needs a fix at Multiple Forms.

EDIT: I've checked all Pokémon with Multiple forms in Gen 6, it appears that only Hoopa and Forfrou crash the game.

Last edited:
Years
EDIT: I've checked all Pokémon with Multiple forms in Gen 6, it appears that only Hoopa and Forfrou crash the game.

Which means it likely has to do with the "change back after a certain amount of time" code.

EDIT: Yep, I was right.

Code:
MultipleForms.register(:HOOPA,{
[COLOR="red"]"getForm"[/COLOR]=>proc{|pokemon|
   timenow=pbGetTimeNow
   if [COLOR="Red"]pokemon.form[/COLOR]>0 && (!pokemon.formTime ||
                         timenow.to_i>pokemon.formTime.to_i+60*60*24*3) # 3 days
     next 0
   end
   next
},

If the getForm function exists, the game will run that every time the you check the Pokemon's form. Including...in the getForm function.

Last edited:
Years
Which means it likely has to do with the "change back after a certain amount of time" code.

EDIT: Yep, I was right.

Code:
MultipleForms.register(:HOOPA,{
[COLOR="red"]"getForm"[/COLOR]=>proc{|pokemon|
   timenow=pbGetTimeNow
   if [COLOR="Red"]pokemon.form[/COLOR]>0 && (!pokemon.formTime ||
                         timenow.to_i>pokemon.formTime.to_i+60*60*24*3) # 3 days
     next 0
   end
   next
},

If the getForm function exists, the game will run that every time the you check the Pokemon's form. Including...in the getForm function.

For all inclined to still post about this, note that this has nothing to do with the current Gen 6 project, but rather v16's implementation of Hoopa.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
For all inclined to still post about this, note that this has nothing to do with the current Gen 6 project, but rather v16's implementation of Hoopa.

I'm aware of that, but i post it here, since Hoopa is Gen 6 and default Essentials doesn't use Hoopa, so the error doesn't appear there.

Years
I'm aware of that, but i post it here, since Hoopa is Gen 6 and default Essentials doesn't use Hoopa, so the error doesn't appear there.

So? It's not the fault of Gen 6, the only solution from my end would be removing Hoopa, which I'm not going to do. I simply requested people stop posting this error in this thread, you don't need to defend yourself. Furthermore, there's no need to report it for v16 either, Maruno is aware of the issue.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 17, 2016
Hi, Noob here again. every time a pokemon levels up the game crashes, but they still learn the new moves before the crash.
message undefined method `pbCheckEvolution' for nil:NilClass
PItem_Items:318:in `pbChangeLevel'
PItem_ItemEffects:757
PItem_ItemEffects:752;in `call'
Event: 150 in `trigger'
PItem_Items:229:in `triggerUseOnPokemon'
PItem_Items:674:in `pbUseItem'
PItem_Items:666:in `loop'
PItem_Items:687:in `pbUseItem'
PItem_Items:662:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PItem_Items:662:in `pbUseItem'

any help will be greatly appreciated!

Years
Hi there.

I'm getting a name error when I finish a battle with Pikachu after they level up. Weirdly it only happens with Pikachu right at the end of a battle (when the screen fades to black) from what I've tested, and I haven't made any edits to the Evolution code so I'm not quite sure what exactly is causing the issue.

Spoiler:

I also followed the instructions to install the gen 6 project as well and all was well up until this issue. Is it something that is part of the scripts mej71 is working on updating for Essentials v16?

Back