• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
  • Thanks for the reply. Yes, I downloaded the pack 2 of battlers. I want to use the EBS, but the pack 1 or the original battlers from the Essentials Kit do not work. I tried to unzip the files with WinRAR 5.20, 5.21, 5.30 (32 Bit and 64 Bit) and The Unarchiver (OS X).

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2024
    Hey guy.. I had a problem with that.. when I use the essentials without editing nothing, it works perfectly, but when I edit anything on the game, appear a error like that..: "Critical Error C0000005 at address 10015A57" it appears when I'm trying to catch a Pokémon. How to fix it?

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Hey guy.. I had a problem with that.. when I use the essentials without editing nothing, it works perfectly, but when I edit anything on the game, appear a error like that..: "Critical Error C0000005 at address 10015A57" it appears when I'm trying to catch a Pokémon. How to fix it?
    Can you be more specific? What are you editing exactly?

Years
  • Hey guy.. I had a problem with that.. when I use the essentials without editing nothing, it works perfectly, but when I edit anything on the game, appear a error like that..: "Critical Error C0000005 at address 10015A57" it appears when I'm trying to catch a Pokémon. How to fix it?

This error usually occurs if you're using an illegitimate copy of RMXP, or you're trying to change up the mapping system to be able to use the RGSS3 thingy. I'm assuming it's the former.

However, I have no idea what this has to do with Gen 6

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Is there a way to add the fairy type, pokemon and moves without replacing my scripts? I modified them a bit.

What if i only replace the pokemon, type, abilities, tm, moves pbs file?

Years
  • Is there a way to add the fairy type, pokemon and moves without replacing my scripts? I modified them a bit.

What if i only replace the pokemon, type, abilities, tm, moves pbs file?

replacing the PBS files will make the proper stuff appear in the game, but you also need the scripts that make it work. For example, Flying Press and Freeze-Dry have additions in the type effectiveness script. You'll add, say, Aegislash to the game, and it'll have the Stance Change ability, but Stance Change won't do anything.

kvagram

Lead coder, Generation 0
    Years
  • Question: Pokemon essentials v16 has come out.
    Is it related to this project?
    If not, in what order should I update?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Question: Pokemon essentials v16 has come out.
    Is it related to this project?
    If not, in what order should I update?
    A quick look at the thread's title would have told you that this set of scripts is for Essentials v15. Essentials v15 is not Essentials v16, therefore this project is not for Essentials v16.

The Firehawk

Lead Developer of Pokemon Scorch
    Years
  • Can somebody explain to me exactly what Essentials v16 lacks that this project has? Sorry I'm very new.

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I have yet to actually dig into v16 myself, but the answer is definitely along the lines of "very little, if anything". This is not meant to add anything to v16—as the thread title says, it's an addon for v15, the version before Gen 6 elements were added to the Essentials core. If you're already using v16, chances are you don't need anything in here, and if you haven't actually started yet then I'd just go with v16 over this because it also contains general Essentials improvements.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Hi mej71, I just updated essentials 16 following every step but I'm receiving this error when I start the game:
    DHrxAwo.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2015
    I'm getting a syntax error after updating my Pokemon_Evolution. Why is this happening?

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Hey me too. It says Syntax Error on line 974, but all that's on that line is "end". How can that be?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2024
    This error usually occurs if you're using an illegitimate copy of RMXP, or you're trying to change up the mapping system to be able to use the RGSS3 thingy. I'm assuming it's the former.

However, I have no idea what this has to do with Gen 6

Yes it was the version of the RMXP, thanks for the help!

yonicstudios

Game Developer
    Years
  • Question: Do the "older" battlers work?
    I've noticed that you haven't uploaded a newer link to download the battlers, so I got the latest ones available (pre v1.6).
    However, I'm not sure if I'm missing some sort of an sprite animating module/script or if I've downloaded the Elite Battle System version of them, but instead of showing a single Pokémon sprite animated, the whole spritesheet of each Pokémon is displayed.

And well, for saying anything funny, it's vigorous. Is this a common issue?

alVOxEx.png

Years
  • Question: Do the "older" battlers work?
    I've noticed that you haven't uploaded a newer link to download the battlers, so I got the latest ones available (pre v1.6).
    However, I'm not sure if I'm missing some sort of an sprite animating module/script or if I've downloaded the Elite Battle System version of them, but instead of showing a single Pokémon sprite animated, the whole spritesheet of each Pokémon is displayed.

And well, for saying anything funny, it's vigorous. Is this a common issue?

alVOxEx.png

This is what we call "Using sprites intended to work with Luka's bitmap wrappers (part of EBS) without having EBS"
    Each Pidgey you see there is a frame of the animation, the bitmap wrappers use this to animate it.

Back